ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Couple on ILR & Unmarried partner claiming CB & Tax

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alexfergusonn
Newly Registered

Couple on ILR & Unmarried partner claiming CB & Tax

Post by alexfergusonn » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:08 am

Hi All,

I am on ILR and my partner is on Unmarried partner visa. We recently started claiming child benefit also tax credits. I was informed that I am allowed to claim the above since I was on ILR however, I realise that we both signed the forms (although I receive the amount) and her home office documents state that she or her partner (myself) are not allowed to claim any public funds for the duration of her given leave (the list includes CB & TC).

I have read a number of similar posts but I failed to locate one with someone given these specific restrictions.

We are both freaking out. What should be our next step? Please help!

John

Post by John » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Your next step should be to read through the Benefits : affecting ILR? Read this b4 starting new topic., where you will see that you are "freaking out" totally unnecessarily.
John