ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing benefit and spouse leave

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abcd123efg
Newly Registered

Housing benefit and spouse leave

Post by abcd123efg » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:57 pm

Hi there,

I am a British citizen and have two girls 7 & 4 both are British, my wife was given a spouse visa which expires in March 2013 and applying for ILR.

I have been taking CB, WTC and CTC as well as HB(LHA). i have received a letter from the Inland Revenue stating that my wife's immigration status will not be effected because i am claiming these benefits due to its nature.

I am however confused with regards to LHA (HB) i have informed the Council since day one that my wife can't claim any benefits as she has no recourse to public funds, they have also confirmed me that they have taken a note of this but still i think they are using her name in the calculations, i don't know if this will effect her visa ILR?

Can anyone help on this matter please?

Thank you

Amber
Mood:

Re: Housing benefit and spouse leave

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:32 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:18 pm

abcd123efg wrote:Dear Amber,

I have sent a letter to council regarding my wife and also mentioned the case reference but they have refused to accept it and instead asked me to decide if i want to remain on the housing benefit?

What can you advice on this?
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:19 pm

It's difficult to say, it may be that the entitlement was the same if you were a single/lone parent claim. However, you should have it correct, they have discretion to do so. Perhaps make a complaint?