ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Public funds after ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Moon_Khan

Public funds after ILR

Post by Moon_Khan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi,

I got my Ilr last month on the basis of 5 years tier 1 general,and my wife she is my tier 1 dependent as she is not eligible for ILR till to 2018 and house wife,we have daughter for which I am applying mn1 to register as a British.
What kind of benefit of I am entitled to,I am a full time permanent employee and my annual income is 18400£ per year,
Please advise?it will effect my Wife Ilr when she will be eligible in 2018?
Please guide.

Regards

Amber
Mood:

Re: Public funds after ILR

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:51 pm

Apply for child benefit in your name and tax credits in joint names have them paid to your spouse so she has an income.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi Amber,
Thanks for your reply.
For tax credit you mean paid into my wife account?also my wife she is going abroad for 3 months holidays,can I claim tax credit and going into her account?
Also can I council tax reduction benefit ,also keep in mind that my wife she will be living me in same house which is under immigration control.
Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Yes to be paid into her account.

You may be entitled to CTR/HB however, you would have to have a joint claim but ensure that any amount paid is based on a single person/lone parent applicable amount (some LAs will not do this).
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Moon_Khan

Post by Moon_Khan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:04 pm

Hi Amber
Thanks for your reply.
I am little confuse about child tax credit and working tax credit,can I claim both?or they both are same.

Regards

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:43 pm

You may be entitled to CTC and/or WTC depending on your income, hrs worked etc...