ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will receiving Tax credits affect visa application...

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NaaNaa90

Will receiving Tax credits affect visa application...

Post by NaaNaa90 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi everyone,

Im in the final processes of completing my application for my husbands visa. However, Ive reached a glitch as someone has kindly informed me that receiving child and work credits will result in my husbands visa being denied.

Is this true? I have a 13 month old baby and I am working full time with £214 gross pay a week. Will my husbands visa be affected in any way?

Please get back to me soonn!!

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:16 pm

what is your nationality? what is your husband's nationality and is he currently inside or outside the UK?

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Hi

Thanks for ur quick reply. I am British and my baby is british. I am applying for my husbands Visa ( he is a Pakistani citizen)

Hope u can clear this up for me.

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Greenie wrote:what is your nationality? what is your husband's nationality and is he currently inside or outside the UK?

Thanks for ur quick reply. I am British and my baby is british. I am applying for my husbands Visa ( he is a Pakistani citizen). He is not in the UK. I will be applying soon.

Hope u can clear this up for me.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:28 pm

You are not posting in the correct section of the forum as your husband is not applying for a tier 1 general visa- this would be better placed in the 'claiming benefits' section or 'immigration for family members' section. In any case, no, you are British and entitled to claim benefits, the fact that you recieve these benefits should not have an adverse effect on your husband's application. What you need to show is that your husband joining you in the UK would not cause you to claim additional benefits.

what is your total income including benefits per week and how much do you pay for rent/council tax?

John

Post by John » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 pm

Ive reached a glitch as someone has kindly informed me that receiving child and work credits will result in my husbands visa being denied.

Is this true?
No
I have a 13 month old baby and I am working full time with £214 gross pay a week. Will my husbands visa be affected in any way?
In any way? Well yes, receiving the benefits makes it more likely that the financial test will be passed, and accordingly makes it more likely the spouse visa will be granted.

I shall now move this topic to the Claiming Benefits section, where this sort of issue is covered at length, and on numerous occasions.
John

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:15 pm

In any way? Well yes, receiving the benefits makes it more likely that the financial test will be passed, and accordingly makes it more likely the spouse visa will be granted.

Thanks very much replying all of you. And so sorry for posting in the wrong section
:oops:

What is this financial test? And how will I pass it easily? Can someone please guide me to a site or explain please. Thanks once again.

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Greenie wrote:what is your total income including benefits per week and how much do you pay for rent/council tax?
£149.42 child and work credits weekly
£205 net pay. Weekly.

I also receive child benefit at £81.20 monthly

I live with my uncle and therefore do not pay rent/council tax/etc. He is the homeowner. My weekly personal spend for my daughter and I would be approx £60.

John

Post by John » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:29 pm

The financial test is to show that the visa applicant will not need to claim certain Public Funds, as defined. Clearly the higher your income the more likely it is that the financial test will be passed.
I live with my uncle and therefore do not pay rent/council tax/etc. He is the homeowner.
As regards passing the accommodation test, what information and documents are you intending to supply? In particular, what information are you going to supply to show the the property will not be overcrowded as defined, if the spouse visa is issued?
John

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:32 pm

John wrote: As regards passing the accommodation test, what information and documents are you intending to supply? In particular, what information are you going to supply to show the the property will not be overcrowded as defined, if the spouse visa is issued?
I have a land survey of the house attested by a solicitor, deed and also a a letter of accommodation signed by my uncle. The house wont be over crowded according to the report.

Is there anything else I would need to include? Any pointers?

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:42 pm

NaaNaa90 wrote:
Greenie wrote:what is your total income including benefits per week and how much do you pay for rent/council tax?
£149.42 child and work credits weekly
£205 net pay. Weekly.

I also receive child benefit at £81.20 monthly

I live with my uncle and therefore do not pay rent/council tax/etc. He is the homeowner. My weekly personal spend for my daughter and I would be approx £60.
Can someone please explain this a bit further aswell?? How exactly I would pass the financial test etc...

Thanks.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:52 pm

You need to show that you have at least the amount of the income support level of a couple in your circumstances-i.e. A couple with one child. Given that you are working and earning more than income support, and don't have to pay rent or council tax you meet the maintenance requirements as they stand currently.

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:16 pm

Greenie wrote:You need to show that you have at least the amount of the income support level of a couple in your circumstances-i.e. A couple with one child. Given that you are working and earning more than income support, and don't have to pay rent or council tax you meet the maintenance requirements as they stand currently.
Will I need to write any sort of clarification about this in my sponsorship undertaking letter? Thanks for ur reply

austin91
Newly Registered

will my wife receiving Benefit affect my EEA2 Appliction?

Post by austin91 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi, Could someone answer me please, My wife is EEA citizen with registration certificate that she got last year. while im Non EEA National and have just applied for my EEA2 application but haven,t heard anything from HomeOffice. My wife is working at moment but will stop working as we are expecting a newborn baby and im not working. so she is planing to apply for child benefits, child Tax credit and housing benefit. but am afraid if that will course my application being refuse. please i need urgent reply. many thanks

salman1982
Newly Registered

Re: Will receiving Tax credits affect visa application...

Post by salman1982 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:15 pm

Hi there,
I am little bit confused my spouse visa extension is coming up. My wife is British citizen and we got 15 month old baby aswel. My wife is claiming WTC and CTC and she got carers allowance as well. Is there any affect on my spose visa extension as im working only 16 hours.

thanks

Casa

Re: Will receiving Tax credits affect visa application...

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:22 pm

salman1982 wrote:Hi there,
I am little bit confused my spouse visa extension is coming up. My wife is British citizen and we got 15 month old baby aswel. My wife is claiming WTC and CTC and she got carers allowance as well. Is there any affect on my spose visa extension as im working only 16 hours.

thanks
You have tagged your question onto a 4 year old thread where you are unlikely to get any response. :!:

Please open your own topic and post your question there.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.