ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

forum trolling

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fakira
- thin ice -

forum trolling

Post by fakira » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:16 am

i admit to being arguementative.i am grateful to the administator for telling me that this is not the purpose of this forum which is constructive community support
however there seems to be some appreciation of my inputs by the number of hits
i have profited specially from amanda jones (avjones) for her very professional replies to my queries regarding naturalisation
i have also met many good people on this board
now why is forum trolling dangerous,i tried to google and got this
An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" or "Message Board Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.
He is generally interested to make other forum members look stupid. A troll will sometimes use insults to provoke other people to insult him. Then, he will complain to moderators of being insulted and will request that his opponents get banned from further discussion.

• Sometimes, Internet troll is trying to spin conflicting information, is questioning in an insincere manner, flaming discussion, insulting people, turning people against each other, harassing forum members, ignoring warnings from forum moderators.

Trolling is a form of harassment that can take over a discussion. Well meaning defenders can create chaos by responding to trolls. The best response is to ignore it, or to report a message to a forum moderator. CureZone moderators usually delete troll messages or block trolls. Negative emotions stirred up by trolls leak over into other discussions. Normally affable people can become bitter after reading an angry interchange between a troll and his victims, and this can poison previously friendly interactions between long-time users.

Finally, trolls create a paranoid environment, such that a casual criticism by a new arrival can elicit a ferocious and inappropriate backlash.

When trolls are ignored they step up their attacks, desperately seeking the attention they crave. Their messages become more and more foul, and they post ever more of them.
Alternatively, they may protest that their right to free speech is being curtailed.
Perhaps the most difficult challenge for a webmaster is deciding whether to take steps against a troll that a few people find entertaining. Some trolls do have a creative spark and have chosen to squander it on being disruptive. There is a certain perverse pleasure in watching some of them. Ultimately, though, the webmaster has to decide if the troll actually cares about putting on a good show for the regular participants, or is simply playing to an audience of one -- himself.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction
do i met the criteria below
The Troller Provokes
Following Andrew (1996), we identify three definitional criteria for trolls:

1) messages from a sender who appears outwardly sincere,
2) messages designed to attract predictable responses or flames,
3) messages that waste a group's time by provoking futile argument
i believe that others can see me better than myself so please feel free to throw brickbats
i would exclude pinkuk from this because i feel that given her postings on this forum she doest not understand the difference between india and the middleeast
i let out a lot of steam on this forum.cooled down after citizenship

fakira
- thin ice -

Post by fakira » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:05 am

One thing (among several) I specifically was not happy about in all of this, I did not see any contrition over or any apology for your behavior. That was rather disappointing.
admin
could you please enlighten me on my other defects?

fakira
- thin ice -

admins contradictory statements

Post by fakira » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:24 am

For future reference, I could just as easily ban the offender under the same circumstances if even one target of his tirades had stepped forward and complained.
admin
please what do you think of this(quoting pink uk),who is the target here?
if you really think that india is a haven then why are u here? !
go back home.
ppl like u annoy me. what a hypocrite you are.
statement a
Any member that has a "need" for conflict
can go somewhere else
statement b
I'm glad that you've decided to return
statement a and statement b contradict

c]
Given fakira's activities and participation here, I'd much rather give a 'time-out' of being temporarily suspended
d]
I feel that your posts were causing provocation without purpose. We received several complaints about offensive content directed at other members.
is c=d?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :?
Last edited by fakira on Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
Latvia

Post by Administrator » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:23 pm

I'm glad that you've decided to return.

However, I do not have the time to argue all of the details.

In the sense that I personally feel that you behaved in a way similar to a troll, I feel that your posts were causing provocation without purpose. We received several complaints about offensive content directed at other members.

Some of the things you posted, had they been directed personally at me, I would have been quite offended.

My job here, as well as the jobs of the other Mods, is to help the community here work peacefully with each other. Any member that has a "need" for conflict should take it to another forum.

This forum represents a cross-section of tens of thousands of people from nearly every culture of the world. There is very little room for any person with low levels of tolerance toward other information and opinions. There is less room to disrupt other topics with intolerance.

Also, the people who come here are most often in great need of help. Respect that this is a place for people to come for professional conduct, respect and assistance.

Petty personal fights cause great harm to our reputation here, so it will be discouraged at all times.

I try very hard to allow free speech here, as much as possible. It is a forum where adults meet and speak about important things, and I do not insist on perfect diplomacy or politeness.

However, there are limits.

These opinions I post, here and elsewhere, are directed at all members.

I, and our Mods, have limited time to read through all the topics and pay attention to all activities. When any one member causes us to miss much more important duties, that member will be "invited" to leave.

Respect our time. Respect that we are here to help people whose lives depend on the best advice we can offer.

the Admin

fakira
- thin ice -

Post by fakira » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:25 am

thanks very much appreciated
Respect our time. Respect that we are here to help people whose lives depend on the best advice we can offer.
in india there is a saying "give respect and take respect"

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:54 am

fakira wrote:thanks very much appreciated
in india there is a saying "give respect and take respect"
The only thing worse than a troll is a grovelling troll.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

fakira
- thin ice -

Post by fakira » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:20 pm

totally submissive) =grovelling

the admin has made his point.i submit to the fact that maybe my posts disturbed people though that was not my intention

i respect the admin authority, i am not offended infact i am very grateful to him for his perspective on me. i am not here to be right at any costs specially if it disturbs people already in deep trouble
i am very happy when someone defeats me in a very good arguement :wink: :lol: i have improved myself realised my folly thanks to the admin
otherwise i would be blind to my faults to the detriment of others
i have also learnt that the admin and mods have more pressing duties than editing my posts
but dawie in a sense you are right,i really dislike "running the gaunlet "which best describes my positiion
Yah. It's a 'social experiment' I insisted on playing out here

If any mod had stepped in, or does in the future, and bans under similar circumstances, they have my blessing.
play with us .. if you will please play nicely.

Thank you,

the Admin
better than"thin-ice".saying that i aim to target someone is rather ridiculous and foolish argument which came after 164 painstaking posts.i wou;d have been grateful if i had been banned early.i thoght i was doing something useful
an example
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Tech ... 697494.cms
Any member that has a "need" for conflict
one benefit of the intenet is that we come in conflict with other peoples and cultures.i feel that peace iis not the absence of dialogue or pushing ones values on someone else like in iraq,but going thro the hell of conflict and commung out the otherside in peace.this is a challenge
since the admin feels that this is not the place do do it ,i have deleted most of my posts -so that the admin and myself may be at peace together :lol:
i find this rather amusing from the admin is it tolerence or intolerance,i wonder waht would be his stand if tried to be law abiding in india i thiank that the admin has neber lived in more corrupt parts of the world and he better not try because as someone said in goa "rules are for fools"
it very upsetting to me to see the government granting other people special favor who do not take the law very seriously.

the Admin
Last edited by fakira on Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:07 am

fakira wrote:one benefit of the intenet is that we come in conflict with other peoples and cultures.i feel that peace iis not the absence of dialogue or pushing ones values on someone else like in iraq,but going thro the hell of conflict and commung out the otherside in peace.this is a challenge
since the admin feels that this is not the place do do it ,i have deleted most of my posts -so that the admin and myself may be at peace together :lol:
Listening to Conflict! may be helpful.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:02 pm

Fakira, since you seem very agitated over issues concerning Goa, have you thought about joining/creating a forum on Goa? I am sure you will find like minded people there and that might be a more relevant platform for such discussions than a forum on immigration issues.

fakira
- thin ice -

Post by fakira » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:42 pm

since you seem very agitated over issues concerning Goa

well said archigabe but i think that it is a process of democracy maturing,the magna carta came out in 1215 and western europe has had things like the renaissance and the french revolution(and many more that i dont know of)
we in goa had democracy thrust on us in 1961 so there is difference...
anyway i am thankful and very grateful that though this is an immigration forum you have given me room for expression,and replied to my posts
i have had very rich experiences but i believe that ultimately the admin must be given the respect he deserves and this is indeed not the place
finally endemic corruption,communalism and castism are dangerous-look what has happened to kenya which was a very beautiful country

fakira
- thin ice -

moving to uk for better dating life

Post by fakira » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:07 pm

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:39 pm

I have no doubt that this poor barman is going to be used as a scapegoat by Goan police and wrongfully convicted for her death.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

fakira
- thin ice -

Post by fakira » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:12 pm

dawie
you are absolutely correct he will be tortured as abdly as possible and the forced to confess.also intersting is that her mother is charged more than a month after her death.retributive justice
why i feel so bad
http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14875524
http://www.oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=19346&cid=2
check the criminals i & 2 on goan beaches

http://www.goagovt.nic.in/police/html/most%20wanted.htm

one more fine article
http://www.navhindtimes.com/articles.php?Story_ID=03172

take a look at what happens if one speaks against the police
http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=14629071

a 2008 india corruption report

http://www.cmsindia.org/cms/highlights.pdf
corruption in immigration to britain...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7505574.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7507766.stm

the doctors of the portuguese era were available 24*7

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Goa/ ... 335571.cms

foreign and commonwealthoffice warnings

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Goa/ ... 397622.cms

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/New ... 600841.cms

31 agitators held along coastal belt, Churchill fumes
Gaonkar said the Colva police has registered as many as 15 cases so far after the tourist taxi operators forced drivers of coaches to return back with guests
http://oheraldo.in/pagedetails.asp?nid=13391&cid=2
a goa govt minister goes to the police station to release taxi drivers who are terrorising tour operators -the ministers name is churchill

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Citi ... 024113.cms

FINALLY THE BBC ON INDIAN KISSING IN PUBLIC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7866478.stm

fakira
- thin ice -

female travellers in goa beware

Post by fakira » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:10 am

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-liv ... [quote]Goa
You should take the same precautions as you would in any other coastal resort, be it in Europe or elsewhere in Asia. Drugs are illegal in India. Penalties for possession of narcotic substances can be severe. There is a minimum sentence of six months for possession of small amounts “deemedâ€

fakira
- thin ice -

Goan cops shielding rapist

Post by fakira » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:53 am

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 303196.cms
Goa police seems to have preconceived notions about foreigners and they judge all foreigners in a similar fashion." She claimed that she had been wronged twice.

"First, by Fernandes, who pretended to be friendly and helpful and then raped me, and then by the police officer, who tried to scare me off. I want justice and that's why I have approached the Russian consulate," she said.

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:13 am

The dearly beloved attacks on Uk and Irish people by Obie and Rebel82 are offensive and just plain boring .

Some action would be nice .
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !
Tottenham Hotspur have made it into the Champions League . Great Times :0)

geannamore
Newly Registered

hello

Post by geannamore » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:52 am

in my own opinion, in this kind of interaction, we have to respect and follow there rules and regulations..

thus being friendly is necessary, anyway it's for the good of all members here..

have a nice day to all :D

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:15 am

Rattlesnake Moaning everywhere is not gonna help do something else man and I know you don't have guts to do.
anyways Administrator have access to all post they can see that which people are here for genuine purpose and who are here to seek help and give advise and who are here to gain attention.
I wouldn't bother writing anything for you but believe me I felt sorry for you that I have seen you have posted about me and Obie almost on 3 different thread.
its not gonna make any difference man get a life.

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:40 pm

Yes you are right , i should of not needed to complain in this thread . The dearly beloved garbage you posted should of seen you banned and thus no need for anyone to complain about it .

Feel sorry for me ? You post lies to make yourself out to be a big rich man . I understand the net is all fantasy so understand it , but it is pathetic lol :lol: .

I have a life thanks and no my life is not going onto web sites and telling people i am richer and better than they are .. which would be cool if true but it is not true for you , is it ? So stop it because people reading it quickly realise it is all rubbish and just words from a wannabe loser .

Silly :lol: :lol:
Please respect the sites admin and mod team . They donate time to this site for free . Let us thank them !

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:47 pm

RattleSnake wrote:Yes you are right , i should of not needed to complain in this thread . The dearly beloved garbage you posted should of seen you banned and thus no need for anyone to complain about it .

Feel sorry for me ? You post lies to make yourself out to be a big rich man . I understand the net is all fantasy so understand it , but it is pathetic lol :lol: .

I have a life thanks and no my life is not going onto web sites and telling people i am richer and better than they are .. which would be cool if true but it is not true for you , is it ? So stop it because people reading it quickly realise it is all rubbish and just words from a wannabe loser .

Silly :lol: :lol:
He needs to make himself feel better about himself RattleSnake and as he can't do that in real life he has to do that online :lol:

SBT_Owner
Member of Standing

Post by SBT_Owner » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:55 pm

It is sad and people can easily see through it .

As Obie said
Rebel 82 also had a clearly defined purpose and he is surely going to prosper in his endeavours soon
If Rebel was the big rich man that he bragged about being , a man that was better than ever other member ...... the post from Obie about him would not of used words such as soon and surely .

Let us not talk about him anymore as this is just what he wants .. it is sad the way he looks for attention and lies . :roll: :(

fakira
- thin ice -

goa

Post by fakira » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:15 pm