ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unable to access previous posts of guru/sage/mods.

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

O_Relly

Unable to access previous posts of guru/sage/mods.

Post by O_Relly » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi,

It appears once the number of posts of a guru/sage/moderator exceeds a certain number, maybe greater than 6k to 8k, it is not possible to access all of their previous posts.

By going to their profile and clicking, "Find all posts by..." shows about 450 pages worth of posts, however it is only possible to access the first page, clicking on page2 or later brings up no results.

For eg.,

EUsmileWEallsmile & push - you can still access all previous posts.
vinny, sushdmehta & D4109125 - You can only access the first page of their posts.

This feature is quite useful and handy, when looking for a post from the past. Will be great to have this fixed, if it is not too much hassle.
Cheers.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:24 pm

I believe that you're right and it's due to the amount of data required for the search, I can ask whether this can be amended, but can't promise anything.

I don't think it would affect those with the rank 'sage'.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:36 pm

This appears to be a bug. To get around it, copy the url of the first page and add "&start=n" at the end, to get the more pages, where n is a counter for the number of posts on your screen.

Eg. If there are 20 posts shown, then n is a multiple of 20.

First page: http://www.immigrationboards.com/search.php?search_author=vinny

Second page: http://www.immigrationboards.com/search.php?search_author=vinny&start=20

Third page: http://www.immigrationboards.com/search.php?search_author=vinny&start=40
Last edited by vinny on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:41 pm

Very smart Vinny, reminds me of the fibonacci number :wink:
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:19 pm

Excellent work-around, Thanks very much Vinny! and Amber.
Cheers.