ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What's the moderator's agenda?

Post comments about workpermit.com website, don't post information related to immigration questions, work permit advice, etc.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ukswus

What's the moderator's agenda?

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:52 am

I have been banned immediately after posting a link to PM's speech on his plans to toughen rules for ILR. I asked Sushdemehta about the reason for doing this, but he just kept blocking my account.

Anyway, the forum policy says that the members are banned only after "blatant and egregious violation of rules, with no right of appeal". There was absolutely nothing blatant or egregious about posting a link to the important news relevant to those who are planning to get ILR, therefore I conclude that the moderators have some hidden agenda.

Anyway, no need to ban me. I promise- you will not see me ever again.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:42 am

I don't understand. Your post contradicts your assertion that you have been banned.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:06 am

vinny wrote:I don't understand. Your post contradicts your assertion that you have been banned.
That's because I am writing from an anonymous IP.

When using my regular IP, I get the following message:

Critical Information

You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.

geriatrix

Re: What's the moderator's agenda?

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:30 pm

ukswus wrote:I asked Sushdemehta about the reason for doing this, but he just kept blocking my account.
I have just logged in and seen your (single) PM.

So how can you claim that "I asked Sushdmehta about the reason for doing this .... but he just kept blocking my account"?

Also, when a user is banned he/she cannot log on to the website. But you can!
"Kept blocking" translates to being blocked multiple times .. with periods of access inbetween? Assuming your account was blocked many times (supposedly by me), then how many times was it unblocked, for what reason and by which moderator?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:41 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
ukswus wrote:I asked Sushdemehta about the reason for doing this, but he just kept blocking my account.
I have just logged in and seen your (single) PM.

So how can you claim that "I asked Sushdmehta about the reason for doing this .... but he just kept blocking my account"?

How many times did you enquire about the problem? And how many times did he block your account? Assuming your account was blocked many times (supposedly by me), how many times was it unblocked, for what reason? and by which moderator?
The reason why I said it was blocked again, was because I could not use two other anonymous services (which previously worked) after I sent you a pm. My apologies if my assumption about you was wrong.

At any rate, I still see no answers to my questions.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:43 pm

ukswus wrote:I could not use two other anonymous services after I sent you a pm.
Anonymous services? Like ...

I hope if I don't reply to your PM ... and attempt to carry forward the discussion / resolve the issue here instead .... that I will not be subject to another accusation!
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:45 pm

Just to make it more clear: my access is always blocked. I can log on the board only though anonymous IP sites, which periodically stop working for me (I assume they get blocked, too).

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:46 pm

It's possible that someone else using the same IP server had been banned.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:47 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
ukswus wrote:I could not use two other anonymous services after I sent you a pm.
Like this:

http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:55 pm

ukswus wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:
Like this:

So you are saying you were not able to use two other anonymous services (e.g.- as above) .... of external website(s), unrelated to this forum/ website ..... but are accusing the moderator(s) of this forum to have done something that prevents your computer from accessing this forum and also some external / unrelated websites!

I hope you appreciate the fact that moderator(s) of this forum cannot control a user's access to the internet / websites. That can only be done by your ISP / employer (if using corporate internet access system).

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:13 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
ukswus wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:
Like this:

So you are saying you were not able to use two other anonymous services (e.g.- as above) .... of external website(s), unrelated to this forum/ website ..... but are accusing the moderator(s) of this forum to have done something that prevents your computer from accessing this forum and also some external / unrelated websites!

I hope you appreciate the fact that moderator(s) of this forum cannot control a user's access to the internet / websites. That can only be done by your ISP / employer (if using corporate internet access system).
No. What I am saying is that I was able to access the forum for a an hour or so by using the above anonimizers, but then they started to be blocked. I am not a programmer, but this seems highly suspicious to me.

And I work from home, so there is no corporate block here or anything like that.

Anyway, all of this happened after I posted absolutely innocent link to a news yesterday. This morning, it was removed, and I lost my access trough my regular IP.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Also, to reiterate:

I can access the immigrationboards.com website. It's not blocked by any provider. But what I see is this message:

"Critical Information

You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information"

Hence I contacted you by PM.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:21 pm

And, without waiting for a response, jumped to conclusion(s) that suited you and didn't hesitate to post an accusation .. for reason(s) best known only to you.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:29 pm

sushdmehta wrote:And, without waiting for a response, jumped to conclusion(s) that suited you and didn't hesitate to post an accusation .. for reason(s) best known only to you.
Well, I already apologized to you, didn't I? Even without getting any reasonable response as to the reason why I was banned.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:42 pm

I think it was already explained in this thread that not you, as an individual, have been banned but the IP address (block) through which you are accessing this web page. The message you see is obviously misleading.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:14 pm

86ti wrote:I think it was already explained in this thread that not you, as an individual, have been banned but the IP address (block) through which you are accessing this web page. The message you see is obviously misleading.
I don't think this IP address is shared with anyone, so I don't understand why it was blocked. Somebody must have used it to post something bad, but as far as I know, I am the only one accessing this forum.

Anyway, this is not a life or death situation for me. I can certainly live without this forum.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:17 pm

Moderators: I would be ok if you remove this thread. Perhaps I was wrong and no one is to blame. I am not an IT person, and cannot judge for sure.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:21 pm

So you want to say that the anonymizer you are using assigned a fixed, single IP address to you?

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:48 pm

86ti wrote:So you want to say that the anonymizer you are using assigned a fixed, single IP address to you?
I have no idea. The address I gave above worked for a short while; and then I started to get the same "you are banned from the forum" message through it.

Now I am using http://bind2.com

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:07 pm

You see, your lack of understanding of the underlying technology (which you would better have if you value anonymity so much) caused this totally redundant discussion.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:08 pm

Other than the 2 anonymizers mentioned, have you used any other(s) to post messages today? (I see that you have only posted in this topic today)

Without naming them, can you say how many (other than the 2 already mentioned) you have used?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:22 pm

The reason I asked for the information is the following:

Though you claim to be using a different anonymizer now, you have been posting from the same IP address today. Logically, different anonymizers should assign you different IP addresses!!

As of 4:22pm today, eleven posts in the topic. All from 204.45.133.74!

Sorry to say so but now I am beginning to question the very intention behind your "claims" - you posting a topic, it being deleted, you banned from forum, a named moderator's agenda, you using anonymizers to post, anonymizers losing access to the forum, etc. etc.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:39 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The reason I asked for the information is the following:

Though you claim to be using a different anonymizer now, you have been posting from the same IP address today. Logically, different anonymizers should assign you different IP addresses!!

Sorry to say so but now I am beginning to question the very intention behind your "claims" - you posting a topic, it being deleted, you banned from forum, a named moderator's agenda, you using anonymizers to post, anonymizers losing access to the forum, etc. etc.
Sushdmehta, I have no idea why you are saying this. I posted from 3 different anonimizers today:

http://www.hidemyass.com/
http://bind2.com/

There is absolutely no reason for me to lie.

I just made a copy of the window I get when I get banned from the website. You can tell me your email address, I can send it to you.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:45 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The reason I asked for the information is the following:

What I meant to say, I was able to see the site from 2 anonimizers, and post pm to you from one of them. Then, after a short while, I could not even see the website from 2 anonimizers.

I only posted from the third anonimizer on the forum itself.

To be frank, this is getting tiring. I have nothing to win by wasting my time arguing with you on the forum, to which I don't even have access other than through an anonimizer. As I said, I can send you the proof if you are interested to see it, otherwise I will stop responding.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:42 pm

I get the same 'banned' message with the first two proxies. Writing this message through bind2.