137 Pages EEA application form, what for exactly

Use this section for queries concerning applications on any of the EEA series of forms, and also for applications for EEA Family Permits.

Moderators: Casa, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, sbrennan

Re: 137 Pages EEA application form, what for exactly

Postby hannes7 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:24 am

noajthan wrote:There are no visas in EU migration context.

EU documentation is mandated by EU Directive not dictated by UK gov; (simply transposed into UK law from EU law and the Directive).

You are right!
hannes7
Newly Registered

Postby guidogessa » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:20 pm

Hi, yesterday I received my PR card, after applying four months ago with the alternative form that I found on this forum (EEA3_simple_V2). I now want to help my partner to submit her application (we are both Italian). I read here that from February 2017 the rules will change, and the official form will be mandatory. Does that mean that applications received before February 2017 can still be done without that form? If in February a home office's caseworker reviews an application received the month before and made without the official form, will he reject it? Any ideas?
guidogessa
Newly Registered

Postby ohara » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:51 pm

guidogessa wrote: I read here that from February 2017 the rules will change, and the official form will be mandatory

Do you have a link to where you have read that :?:
ohara
Diamond Member

Postby guidogessa » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:53 pm

see this message from this thread. I also saw this mentioned several times on The 3 Million facebook forum

Just as a quick update to Vinny's earlier post, from 1st February 2017, all applications for EEA documentation will have to be made on the specified Home Office form (Regulation 21).
guidogessa
Newly Registered

Postby noajthan » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:33 pm

guidogessa wrote:Just as a quick update to Vinny's earlier post, from 1st February 2017, all applications for EEA documentation will have to be made on the specified Home Office form (Regulation 21).

But that Regulation does not sit comfortably with the cleaner, purer EU law.

And there is an exception
the Secretary of State may accept an application submitted by post or in person which does not use the relevant application form specified by the Secretary of State.
Migration is a journey not a destination. When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. E&OE.
noajthan

Postby mersmers » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:35 pm

Help please . I need advice
I have sent an application for permanent residence as family member of eea. After 4 weeks my father in law he passed away my eea wife she went to her embassy to get emergency travel document , she told them my passport it's with the home office and it takes 10 days to get it back . they issued for her an emergency travel document to able to travel and they cancel her existing passport . And they ask her to make a new passport . My question what's gonna happen to my application because my wife eea passport it's not valid anymore and it's with the home now . Do I have to send her new passport or what do I have to do in this case ? Thanks .
mersmers
Newly Registered

Previous

Return to EEA-route Applications