ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 months

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deyne

14 months

Post by deyne » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Hi guys
I have submitted my application on 20th Feb 2009 which is stated on COA,sent additional docs in Dec 2009 and they had got them in Jan 2010 by special delivery(another joke of postoffice)...then I have been waiting sine so far and there is not any updated.I have just called them as well in liverpool a few days ago,who was over the phone said my case is still under consideration and wouldn't give any further information...
really really really tired and desperate...cant do a thing without my passport...

anyone has the same sh**?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:24 pm

what did you apply for?

lolik12345
Newly Registered

Post by lolik12345 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Is it was EEA2?or permanent residence,?my brother waiting 18 month now for EEA2.

deyne

Post by deyne » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:38 pm

Plum70 wrote:what did you apply for?
EEA2

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:52 pm

deyne, what are your circumstances?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

deyne

Post by deyne » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:07 am

Ben wrote:deyne, what are your circumstances?
Hi Ben
Im a non-european national family member of an european national,i send my application of EEA2(residence card) in Feb 2009,which has been processing over 14 months.I sent another requested docs in last Dec,but have not heard anything since then...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:08 am

deyne wrote:
Hi Ben
Im a non-european national family member of an european national,i send my application of EEA2(residence card) in Feb 2009,which has been processing over 14 months.I sent another requested docs in last Dec,but have not heard anything since then...
Straightforward spouse? Seems a bit odd it's taking so long. Is there anything unusual about your case?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

deyne

Post by deyne » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:34 am

Wanderer wrote:
deyne wrote:
Hi Ben
Straightforward spouse? Seems a bit odd it's taking so long. Is there anything unusual about your case?
Unusual circumstances such as...???

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:15 am

deyne wrote:
Hi Ben
Im a non-european national family member of an european national,
What is your exact relationship with the EEA national?

deyne

Post by deyne » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:56 am

Ben wrote:
deyne wrote:
Hi Ben
Im a non-european national family member of an european national,
What is your exact relationship with the EEA national?
partners...

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:00 am

deyne wrote:partners...
"registered partnership" (same gender), or "the partner with whom the Union citizen has a durable relationship, duly attested"?

This is important, because it determines whether you are, indeed, a "family member", or, in fact, a "beneficiary".

deyne

Post by deyne » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:18 am

Ben wrote:
deyne wrote:partners...
"registered partnership" (same gender), or "the partner with whom the Union citizen has a durable relationship, duly attested"?

This is important, because it determines whether you are, indeed, a "family member", or, in fact, a "beneficiary".
registered partnership (not same gender)...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:27 am

Then you are an Extended Family member, not a Family member, did you provide the two years proof of cohabitation required?

deyne

Post by deyne » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:31 am

Wanderer wrote:Then you are an Extended Family member, not a Family member, did you provide the two years proof of cohabitation required?
Yes.everything is required has been updated...but,whats next?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:35 am

deyne wrote:
Wanderer wrote:Then you are an Extended Family member, not a Family member, did you provide the two years proof of cohabitation required?
Well there must be something requiring further checks, are there any other things, are you/where you legal at the time of app?

And why did you say 'updated'? Did you not present the full data at app time?

deyne

Post by deyne » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:44 am

Wanderer wrote:
deyne wrote:
Well there must be something requiring further checks, are there any other things, are you/where you legal at the time of app?

And why did you say 'updated'? Did you not present the full data at app time?
Updated means the additional docs in Dec 09,and im sure we r legal applicants at all time...i believe we've even provided something twice somehow(WRS,bank statements,payslips,bills etc)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:49 am

Hmm, I dunno then. Which state is the EEA member from, and if A8, did that person register with WRS, and if not working or studying, was comprehensive health insurance provided?

Might be best if you post the full timeline and details, getting piecemeal is a bit confusing....

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 am

deyne wrote:registered partnership (not same gender)...
"Registered partnership" is Article 2(2), not Article 3(2), so OP is a family member after all, not a beneficiary (termed "extended family member" in the UK).
Directive 2004/38/EC, Article 2(2) wrote:2) "Family member" means:
(a) the spouse;
(b) the partner with whom the Union citizen has contracted a registered partnership, on the
basis of the legislation of a Member State, if the legislation of the host Member State
treats registered partnerships as equivalent to marriage and in accordance with the
conditions laid down in the relevant legislation of the host Member State;

(c) the direct descendants who are under the age of 21 or are dependants and those of the
spouse or partner as defined in point (b);
(d) the dependent direct relatives in the ascending line and those of the spouse or partner as
defined in point (b);
deyne - in which Member State was your partnership registered? Normally this is only possible for same-gender couples.

deyne

Post by deyne » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:57 am

Wanderer wrote:Hmm, I dunno then. Which state is the EEA member from, and if A8, did that person register with WRS, and if not working or studying, was comprehensive health insurance provided?

Might be best if you post the full timeline and details, getting piecemeal is a bit confusing....
Thanks anyway,i had been reading the guide of EEA2 application form and this was even a lady from HO suggested me apply for at the first time when I was confused as well...but it is frustrating at this moment...all i can say that hope for the best,plan for the worst...good luck to everyone...

deyne

Post by deyne » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:01 pm

Ben wrote:
"Registered partnership" is Article 2(2), not Article 3(2), so OP is a family member after all, not a beneficiary (termed "extended family member" in the UK).
(a) the spouse;
(b) the partner with whom the Union citizen has contracted a registered partnership, on the
basis of the legislation of a Member State, if the legislation of the host Member State
treats registered partnerships as equivalent to marriage and in accordance with the

(c) the direct descendants who are under the age of 21 or are dependants and those of the
(d) the dependent direct relatives in the ascending line and those of the spouse or partner as
defined in point (b);
deyne - in which Member State was your partnership registered? Normally this is only possible for same-gender couples.
We were registered as married couple at local council office in UK...
Last edited by deyne on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:02 pm

deyne wrote:
Ben wrote:deyne - in which Member State was your partnership registered? Normally this is only possible for same-gender couples.
We were registered as married couple at local coucil office in UK...
Right, so you're not registered partners at all then - you're married?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:04 pm

deyne wrote:
Ben wrote:
(a) the spouse;

defined in point (b);
That's not possible, either you are married or you are not.

deyne

Post by deyne » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Wanderer wrote:
deyne wrote:
Ben wrote:
(a) the spouse;

defined in point (b);
That's not possible, either you are married or you are not.
Right,in this case,im married...

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:16 pm

Well all I can say is if I'm confused, the HO must be too, and put this app in the 'too hard' pile...

deyne

Post by deyne » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Wanderer wrote:Well all I can say is if I'm confused, the HO must be too, and put this app in the 'too hard' pile...
Oh.pls dont say that...everything must has a solution...if they think im disqualified,so they should send everything back to meet the requirment...if they actually have a 'too hard' pile then just ignore them forever???

There may be nothing you can help with,but i really appreciate all your concern about me,it has been great meeting you guys here though...