ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

After surinder singh...UK residence card application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Pellegrinelli

After surinder singh...UK residence card application

Post by Pellegrinelli » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi

Just looking for some advice on the next steps after we get back to the UK with EEA family permit from ireland. I'm assuming it's not just as simple as "sending off" our family permit docs and wait a w months, right? Are there other things to do first?

Could someone enlighten me on what must be done?

noajthan

Re: After surinder singh...UK residence card application

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:08 pm

Pellegrinelli wrote:Hi

Just looking for some advice on the next steps after we get back to the UK with EEA family permit from ireland. I'm assuming it's not just as simple as "sending off" our family permit docs and wait a w months, right? Are there other things to do first?

Could someone enlighten me on what must be done?

This successful example should give a few pointers:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... %20success
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Pellegrinelli

Post by Pellegrinelli » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Ok thanks

But I was actually looking for something a little more specific regarding the residence card process in UK

Anyone else feel like giving me a few pointers?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:44 am

hi,
we just came back from dublin as well a couple of months ago.

the first thing you have to do is gather all ur documents together, mostly the same doc u used when u applied for family permit to come bk to the uk( assuming you got one)

proof of employement in ireland - give as much payslips as u can- contract of employmnet- tax certificate
proof that ur spouse was with u - bank statment etc - if they worked payslip or contract
centre of life - bank statement- rent agrrement- store cards- library card etc ( in our case i made sure i paid for most things by card so weekly shopping, even buying my monthly bus pass)

both passport and ur completed form

most of the questions are also repetitive from the family permit form, its a way of catching ppl out so make sure ur answers correspond.

thats basically everything we sent, my husband got his biometric letter after 2 weeks and we r just waiting for his COA.

Pellegrinelli

Post by Pellegrinelli » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Wow this is fantastic! Thankyou for your help, really appreciate it :)

Pellegrinelli

Applying for UK residence card with EEA family permit

Post by Pellegrinelli » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:20 pm

Hi guys

We are nearly ready to apply for UK Residence card...and just wanted to gather people's opinions.
I am thinking of doing everything super correctly and send off form plus Surrinder singh evidence. Is this the best way? To show home office we have nothing to hide?

Or is it better to avoid sending them the evidence again, and just mention the Family Permit is all that is required?

I feel a little scared that either they will fail because they see all evidence again and rethink, or they will fail because we sent no surrinder singh evidence to them.

Any advice?

noajthan

Re: Applying for UK residence card with EEA family permit

Post by noajthan » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:27 pm

Pellegrinelli wrote:Hi guys

We are nearly ready to apply for UK Residence card...and just wanted to gather people's opinions.
I am thinking of doing everything super correctly and send off form plus Surrinder singh evidence. Is this the best way? To show home office we have nothing to hide?

Or is it better to avoid sending them the evidence again, and just mention the Family Permit is all that is required?

I feel a little scared that either they will fail because they see all evidence again and rethink, or they will fail because we sent no surrinder singh evidence to them.

Any advice?
I can't understand your line of questioning.

Are you a returning BC?
If you have done SS and now back in UK & need to apply for a RC for dependent then apply on that basis.

It's ok to mention SS, it's even on Gov UK website:
You may also be eligible for a residence card if you have a ‘retained right of residence’ or apply as a ‘Surinder Singh’ case.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... ligibility
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Pellegrinelli

Post by Pellegrinelli » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:15 pm

Yeah, I'm British, my wife is non EU (ukraine).
We completed SS in Ireland, and now have EEA family Permit. We are in the UK, and soon will apply for RC for her.
There are 2 ways to apply: fill out specific form and re send all SS evidence we sent off to get Family permit......or....apply with a letter stating that I will not show them our SS evidence again, as having the family permit is enough proof that we completed SS successfully.

People have applied in both ways, but recently, a few RC applications have been refused because the home office have had access to the SS evidence and "changed their mind" stating that actually they didn't complete SS well enough. Of course this is an illegal refusal which will be overturned in court with an appeal...but some people still send off their SS evidence again.

So I'm just wondering if anyone has advice about whether I should give the home office all my SS evidence again to look at for RC application, or whether to just say "the EEA family permit is enough to prove we completed SS", and not and them our evidence with the application for RC

Pellegrinelli

Post by Pellegrinelli » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:18 pm

Would you advise re sending all the family permit evidence? Only what if the home office decides to nit pick through your evidence and deny your RC application?

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:33 pm

A word of warning. I wouldn't mention in your application that you have intentionally used the SS route. There have been refusals for applications where pre-knowledge of SS rights have resulted in a refusal due to the prior intention to use SS to 'circumvent the Immigration Rules'. i.e There was never a genuine intention to move the centre of your life to another EU state in order to settle there.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:34 pm

Pellegrinelli wrote:Only what if the home office decides to nit pick through your evidence and deny your RC application?
It happened!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

faisalkhan278
Newly Registered

Post by faisalkhan278 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:32 am

Hi, Did you get any letter yet after biometric?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:46 am

faisalkhan278 wrote:Hi, Did you get any letter yet after biometric?
This topic is more than a year old and the user 'Pellegrinelli' has not logged into the forum since 19th February 2016.

Kindly refrain from digging up older topics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.