ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AIT Court room confusion - Please Help!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jimkam

AIT Court room confusion - Please Help!

Post by jimkam » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 am

I attended my appeal hearing yesterday. Something strange happened. The HO presenting officer looked subdued. He only asked me 2 questions and he did not cross examine all 3 of my crucial witnesses. In his closing remarks, he concluded that he "accepts that i have a pretty strong Article 8 claim" and asked the judge to use his discretion. He did not invite the judge to dismiss my appeal either which they usually do. I was confused about the whole situation. I mean, isn't the HO supposed to aggressively argue against you?

I began wondering who was actually representing me? Was it the HO guy or my barrister? The whole thing took 45mins. The judge said he hadn't read all my documents so he couldn't decide the appeal on the same day but reassured us that we will hear from him soon. Is this a bad thing? That the HO presenting officer did not put up a fight about my Article 8 claim? Will his employers be happy with him? What does all of this mean? Please help!

John

Post by John » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:44 am

Is this a bad thing?
Absolutely not! Don't knock it!

Clearly your chance of success has been boosted by the way the HOPO conducted himself during the hearing.
John

mego_1980

Re: AIT Court room confusion - Please Help!

Post by mego_1980 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:11 pm

jimkam wrote: He only asked me 2 questions !
Hi jimkam,

What are the questions did he ask?
Also,what did your solicitor say?
when you say article 8 what does that mean?
Did the judge say anything about your immigration right or human right ?

Thanks

mego

jimkam

Re: AIT Court room confusion - Please Help!

Post by jimkam » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:39 pm

mego_1980 wrote:
jimkam wrote: He only asked me 2 questions !
Hi jimkam,

What are the questions did he ask?

mego
Hi mego_1980,

The HO presenting officer asked me:

"Were you in speaking terms with your ex-spouse during the divorce"?

"Is she still refusing to cooperate"?

Thats it.