ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kiri
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Kiri » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:14 pm

Hello everyone!

My application is EEA nationality and straight forward, I've been working for 7 years in the same company. So, with my application I've send all P60's and a letter from NHS, no wage slips and no residence proof.
Today I received a confirmation letter by email with Case ID and I would like to send an additional letter with all missing paperwork (bank statements, proof of addresses and payslips). Has anyone done it before?
I called HO to find out where to i can send my additional letter. and case worker said they don't recommend to do that, if they will need any more evidence they will contact me (i don't believe they will...)

Should i take a risk and send additional letter with Case ID ?

Thanks in advance!

Here is my timeline:
Documents sent: 23/3/2016
Documents received: 24/3/2016
Payment taken: 01/04/2016
Confirmation email: 28/04/2016

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:22 pm

softy monster

Non-EEA have to wait on average 5 months
EEA Have to wait 6 to 7 weeks.

Some have to wait longer than others.

Carling40
Australia

Post by Carling40 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:28 pm

Augustinee wrote:Hello Everyone,

I was wondering anyone sent the EEA (PR) as Non- Eea during Nov 2015.?
I am still waiting for the PR card. Starting a bit nervous.

Here is my timeline.
send application on : 25/11/15
Ho received on : 26/11/15
Payment taken on 30/11/15
Biometric letter dated on 14/12/15
received on 17/12/15
COA dated : 05/01/2016
PR Card : Still waiting

My Employer did check with Home office in February and everything is fine , Ho reply back within 5 days.
Now I am still waiting and it has been 5 months almost 6 months I am getting worried , in the letter said after 6 months employee should be asked to present his or her residence card as evidence of continuing eligibility to take to continue in employment in the UK.

Which mean my job at risk then.
Anyone sent PR out around those time and have heard back from HO yet.?

What should I do next.?
Please advised.
I am super stress now.

Thank you very much in advance.
xx
Hi Augustinee

Try not to worry, ( that's a lie, am in the same boat as you) and I worry all the time. The truth is we can't do anything about it but wait, the reality is that the uk don't want non eea nationals here. I pay my taxes like everyone else which is good enough for them to collect but my we are not treated like tax payers who contribute to the economy. So our applications are not treated as priority as they don't make any money from application fees, a prawn is bent because that's just the situation it finds itself. Your employer is obliged to carry out an ecs check on or before the end of the 6 months with the home office if they haven't made a decision by then and that will allow you to continue working. Hang in there not long to go, the end is nigh one way or another stay upbeat

Tony2015

Post by Tony2015 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:30 pm

[quote="beaujam90"]Tony2015

Yes i have tried to contact them. They can only check what s it s going on after the 6 months had elapsed.[/quote

Hi beaujam90, I hope you have good news soon . Are you an eea family, or eea national?
Good luck

Tony2015

Post by Tony2015 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:46 pm

beaujam90 wrote:Tony2015

Yes i have tried to contact them. They can only check what s it s going on after the 6 months had elapsed.

I hope you have good news soon . Have you requested your passport back or still with the home office . Because my Italian friend for some reason after requested his passport back we don't know if is the case but he's waiting for his PR have already 5 months and no news yet . Is not easy this waiting game. I hope you have good news soon to share.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:54 pm

beaujam90 wrote:softy monster

Non-EEA have to wait on average 5 months
EEA Have to wait 6 to 7 weeks.

Some have to wait longer than others.
Well I know that, but I'm afraid even that u still can't say anything till u reach 6 months waiting time, u maybe had these information by post, email, or u may have already called them! Just be patient :-)

Softy Monster

Tony2015

Post by Tony2015 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:08 pm

medlence wrote:
salmintin wrote:
medlence wrote:My partner has just received her documents back, timeline below

Application sent: 22 Feb
Confirmation email: 11 March
DCPR received: 20 April (dated 14 April)

I have sent mine a month earlier but still waiting.
My timeline:
Documents sent: 23.01.2016
Documents received: 25.01.2016
Payment taken: 27.01.2016
No confirmation email received, but I have requested my passport back and there is a letter with a case number assigned.
Thanks for sharing, medlence! Do you think your case is particularly complex? Or how do you explain your longer timeline?

Not really salmintin, the only difference is that I have a period of six months on the beginning when I was in the UK I wasn't EU citizen, but I haven't included that period in my application anyway.
We have organised the documents for my partner a little bit better by year and labelled with sticky notes so this might have sped up her application.
I think it is based on pure luck who is going to be reviewing the application and how quick they are.

Hello medlence have you tried to contact home office about your case ? I hope you have good news soon .

beaujam90
- thin ice -

Post by beaujam90 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:45 pm

Tony2015

I am a EEA national from France.

medlence
Newly Registered

Post by medlence » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:53 pm

Tony2015 wrote: Hello medlence have you tried to contact home office about your case ? I hope you have good news soon .
Hi Tony2015,
I have tried calling but I was told I need to wait six months. I requested my passport beginning of March so I presume at that time I was put back at the bottom of the pile.

Augustinee
Newly Registered

Post by Augustinee » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:14 pm

Hiya,

Why would you be a stressed when you still have a month left?? If your employer asks again just be honest and say you still haven't rather than haven't heard from HO! just be cool, i'm not just saying that for the sake to make you feel better, i'm saying it cos it's truth and it's true they are slow and taking time, and as far as i know they are more aware about it now, especially when the deadline (6 months) is approaching!! So pls forget about it and hopefully will be with you soon! Just don't panic and pls don't show that to your employer!!

Good luck matie!

Softy Monster[/quote]

Thank you very much Softy Monster,
I am feeling better now. lol
I will keep you posted.
^_^
Augustine

Augustinee
Newly Registered

Post by Augustinee » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:28 pm

Carling40 wrote:
Augustinee wrote:Hello Everyone,

I was wondering anyone sent the EEA (PR) as Non- Eea during Nov 2015.?
I am still waiting for the PR card. Starting a bit nervous.

Here is my timeline.
send application on : 25/11/15
Ho received on : 26/11/15
Payment taken on 30/11/15
Biometric letter dated on 14/12/15
received on 17/12/15
COA dated : 05/01/2016
PR Card : Still waiting

My Employer did check with Home office in February and everything is fine , Ho reply back within 5 days.
Now I am still waiting and it has been 5 months almost 6 months I am getting worried , in the letter said after 6 months employee should be asked to present his or her residence card as evidence of continuing eligibility to take to continue in employment in the UK.

Which mean my job at risk then.
Anyone sent PR out around those time and have heard back from HO yet.?

What should I do next.?
Please advised.
I am super stress now.

Thank you very much in advance.
xx
Hi Augustinee

Try not to worry, ( that's a lie, am in the same boat as you) and I worry all the time. The truth is we can't do anything about it but wait, the reality is that the uk don't want non eea nationals here. I pay my taxes like everyone else which is good enough for them to collect but my we are not treated like tax payers who contribute to the economy. So our applications are not treated as priority as they don't make any money from application fees, a prawn is bent because that's just the situation it finds itself. Your employer is obliged to carry out an ecs check on or before the end of the 6 months with the home office if they haven't made a decision by then and that will allow you to continue working. Hang in there not long to go, the end is nigh one way or another stay upbeat

Thank you Carling40,
it's true we have to wait and the waiting time is killing us I think.
Sometimes I feel like life is so unfair. I have business trip to go abroad but I can't make it because of my passport. Feel a bit stuck but we can't do much.
C'est la vie.!
1 month left for me before I have right to call and ask them , My case always straight forward but my husband was out of job for 2 months then he got the new job before I apply anyway but I always worried that sometimes HO always find some excuse to make things is more difficult.
When He did his PR is so quick as an EEA just 1 month for non-EEA is like long...long ....long.
Frankly since Biometric is much longer than before.

5 years ago when I did my residence card it's took only 2 months.

Anyway, we keep each other posted and see what's next.
:-)

kris12
Newly Registered

Post by kris12 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:51 am

Hi,

i am wondering now, in my application i had few employment gaps (2-4 months), but i was also studying at that time, so i had to quit some of the time demanding jobs in order to focus on Uni.

Also, from December '15 till May '16 (when i became self employed), there is another gap (over 4 months, out of which i was travelling for 2 months, and then was looking for work and finding out all details about becoming self-employed etc)

I wonder if this can affect my application?

(I am an EEA national)

Please let me know if you have any experience with this kind of 'gaps' and whether it could affect anything. Im getting a bit stressed after reading some of the comments of people who got refusal for not proving they were employed for even such a short period of time (something over 2 weeks)..

Now if they (HO) have no record of employment for couple of months, means you are unlawful? Or does it only affect NON-EEA nationals?

Please help

Thanks

kris12
Newly Registered

Post by kris12 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:43 am

Forgot to mention, i've lived in the UK since August 2010 (so supposedly i am only required to provide evidence of 5 continuous years of residency..didnt even need to include all documentation up until now)
Though there was another slight issue, i worked with 'no permit' for 4 months..that was when i didnt realise i needed to re-register for WRS every time i changed my employer, and so i was registered in October 2010 with my first UK employer, but when i left that job (in December 2010) and started to work for different company, i did not obtain a new WRS card, therefore i would be considered as working with no permit. Since then, i changed job 2 more times, within those 4 months (it was just some events company and part time work), but my new employers did not notify me i needed a new permission so i was not aware.
Then, in April 2011 this requirement was cancelled and i no longer needed any WRS (though even if i'd still needed one, i probably wouldn't have it, as we tend to forget about all this paper work that needs to be done..both employees and employers). So thanks god it was cancelled, cause i would probably be working with no permit until now.. :shock:

My Timeline so far:
Application sent: 25/04/2016
Received by HO: 27/04/2016
Payment taken: 28/04/2016
kris12 wrote:Hi,

i am wondering now, in my application i had few employment gaps (2-4 months), but i was also studying at that time, so i had to quit some of the time demanding jobs in order to focus on Uni.

Also, from December '15 till May '16 (when i became self employed), there is another gap (over 4 months, out of which i was travelling for 2 months, and then was looking for work and finding out all details about becoming self-employed etc)

I wonder if this can affect my application?

(I am an EEA national)

Please let me know if you have any experience with this kind of 'gaps' and whether it could affect anything. Im getting a bit stressed after reading some of the comments of people who got refusal for not proving they were employed for even such a short period of time (something over 2 weeks)..

Now if they (HO) have no record of employment for couple of months, means you are unlawful? Or does it only affect NON-EEA nationals?

Please help

Thanks

LoryAndra

Post by LoryAndra » Tue May 03, 2016 7:40 am

Hi ,

I had 6 month gap between the first job and the second one ( I am EEA nationality and I have been in UK since 2010). I don't think this is a problem . I was registered as Job Seeker and I was receiving contribution based JSA. ITs normal when you are on contract to have gaps by the time you find a new one. I don't believe this makes our stay unlawful.

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Wed May 04, 2016 9:49 am

Update:

Today UKIV called my current Employer asking to confirm letter. I did not submitted P60s only letter from employers, bank statements and payslips for all of my jobs (3).
EEA DCPR timeline
Documents sent: 24.02.16; DCPR received:14.05.16; Total: 80 days
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

Kate73
Newly Registered

Post by Kate73 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:51 am

Hello,
I'm trying to help my husband with his PR application.
We are both from Poland. I have just received British
Citizenship.
I have a question: does he need to attach letters from
every employer or only the recent one would be ok
together with P60s and P45 from the previous one?
Thank you!

Kate73
Newly Registered

Post by Kate73 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:55 am

I forgot to mention that he applyies separately, not
as a family member of British citizen.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Wed May 04, 2016 11:47 am

VinGam wrote:Update:

Today UKIV called my current Employer asking to confirm letter. I did not submitted P60s only letter from employers, bank statements and payslips for all of my jobs (3).
Thanks for the update, VinGam. If you don't mind, what do you mean by "letter from employers"? What exactly is that?

VinGam
Italy

Post by VinGam » Wed May 04, 2016 12:05 pm

salmintin wrote: Thanks for the update, VinGam. If you don't mind, what do you mean by "letter from employers"? What exactly is that?
It's a letter confirming you have been working in the company during that period.

Mine were like this:

MY_NAME
MY_ADDRESS

DATE

Letter of Employment Verification for MY_NAME
National Insurance Number MY_NIN

MY_NAME is employed as a POSITION at COMPANY_NAME, effective since STARTING_DATE (END_DATE EVENTUALLY).

MY_NAME's annual basic salary is/was MY_SALARY per annum.

Yours Sincerely,

NAME_OF_THE _PERSON _WHO_SIGNS_THIS_LETTER
POSITION_OF_THE _PERSON _WHO_SIGNS_THIS_LETTER
EEA DCPR timeline
Documents sent: 24.02.16; DCPR received:14.05.16; Total: 80 days
Naturalisation timeline
Document sent: 16.12.16; Biometric: 11.01.2017; Approval 21.02.2017; Ceremony 06.03.2017; Passport Received 13.03.2017; Total: 87 days

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Wed May 04, 2016 6:39 pm

a19 wrote:Hi I apologise if I ask this, but have not seen anything about this. Can a PR certificate be denied due to criminal record from 2000?
Thank you.
Hi your case is similar to my friend when he came to UK in 2001/2002 (something like that) but in his case he applied as asylum seeker, and off course his finger prints were taken, and few years later his application was refused. Till when he got married in 2011 with an EEA national and he's about to apply for his PR in October 2016 which is a month after me(Also applying for PR), and basically he will be asked to send the biometric information once they ask him to do so...what he's wondering about is...since finger prints were taken on 2001/2002 (not sure if it was similar way like nowadays or not), they will know that this person does exist in the data base!!

or is it like after 10 yrs the finger prints record will have already been disappeared and deleted automatically?? Is it something for him to worry about, could that be an issue when applying for his PR?? especially after when the biometric information are requested by the HO, do they really want to store the biometric info again or check the profile history and match the records??
Or has it nothing to do with his PR application which is just based on his EEA national (also she became British citizen few months ago and expecting a baby same time as when he's applying for his PR in Oct 2016) and who's excising her treaty right as anyone else!

Please advise!!
Softy Monster

pumpkinlu

Post by pumpkinlu » Wed May 04, 2016 6:56 pm

Hi guys, I am new to the forum, just started completing my application form and getting all the supporting evidence together.

I have a question - I have seen it asked before on the forum, but no response was really given. For those of you who are accession state workers, but did not complete the registration, what did you put in the relevant part of Section 9?

In my case, I was not aware of it and I basically worked without the registration for a couple of weeks in April 2011. I am wondering how best to complete the form? I am not using this period for my qualifying period, but what do I state there? Shall I just admit I failed to get the registration? Or shall I just keep quiet about it, given that I am not counting those few weeks in the qualifying period?

If anyone has been/is in the same situation, I would love to hear how you have dealt with this.

Thanks a lot!

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Wed May 04, 2016 7:20 pm

Just leave the section completely. If you are using a qualifying period of May 2011 to May 2016 then WRS is not required.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Wed May 04, 2016 7:32 pm

You mean this

B. Accession state workers
Complete this subsection if you are/were, or your sponsor is/was, a national of one of the countries listed below (‘accession states’), and you or they were working for an employer during the relevant ‘accession period’ (de ned below). You must show that you/they were registered or authorised to do the work in question, unless you/they were exempt from that requirement. If you/they were not exempt, you/they must have worked for an uninterrupted period of 12 months in accordance with a relevant registration or authorisation document to become exempt.
EU8 nationals
Accession period: Relevant scheme:
Relevant authorisation documents:
1 May 2004 to 30 April 2011 Worker registration scheme (WRS)
WRS card or certi cate, leave granted before 1 May 2004 giving permission to work
Czech Republic/Estonia/Hungary/Latvia/Lithuania/Poland/Slovakia/Slovenia

How about if you only show that u were exersing treaty right for the last five years FROM 1st May 2011 till now which makes it 5 yrs!! I know someone with the same problem (his wife wasn't registered for WRS) and had to wait till May 2016 coz she he applied few months ago earlier this year, and in the end his application was refused cos of WRS

U can wait for more advises on here and take it from there!
Good luck mate

Softy Monster

pumpkinlu

Post by pumpkinlu » Wed May 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Thank you both.

Yes, this is the section I meant. I think I will leave it blank and include a cover letter specifying the qualifying period I wish them to consider then?

I am just a bit worried that they may find out from the letter from my first employer that I was employed with them even earlier than the specified qualifying period started. Perhaps I am just overthinking this though.

softy monster
Algeria

Post by softy monster » Wed May 04, 2016 8:04 pm

Your last 5 yrs exersing treaty rights started from 1st May 2011 simple is that, u can send the pay slips for the year staring from 1st May 2011! don't you worry I'm sure there will be new version soon may be this month or next which won't mention about the WRS as it won't be required from this month I guess