ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Indianlonly

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Indianlonly » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:15 pm

Hello guys this is raj from India I got inquiry about application EEA permanent residence
That's my story
I came to UK as student in 2008 and married a hangurian lady in 2011 and got eea2 residence in 2011 then she left me for better looking guy. decree absolute was lodged in 2014 nd ror was successful nd new visa was granted in 2014 to 2019 nd I got all evidence so I'm completed 5 years after marry in UK few months ago nd I entitled permanently few months ago and I would like to confirm my permanently in my passport .
Shall I use same evidence as ror for Pr?
I inclosed my ror Application the following evidence
1- my ex treaty right from our marriage 2011 till our decree absolute.
2-one year evidence residence during our married in same address
3- marriage certificate nd decree absolute to demonstrate our 3 years condition
4-my work contract nd payslips up to date
My question is what documents I need more for my pr?
Shall I send again one year residnce during marry or 4 years from date for marry till divorce .

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:18 pm

This is a timeline thread. I suggest opening a new thread.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:39 am

Good morning all, hope to hear good news this week! My application is with HO now 3,5 months.

Has anyone applied in March and received their PR in July?

Have a great week everyone!

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:51 pm

Hi Guys.

I will share my timeline here:

Im a non-EEA, in a civil partnership(01-2010) with an EEA so i got my family permit EEA2 on june 2010

Applied for PR card on

application sent : 30/04/2015
Fee taken off account :05/05/2015
Biometrics Letter received 12/05/2015
Biometricks submitted: 16/05/2015
COA Received with right to work: 27/05/2015
PR card : Waiting

My EEA2 family permit has expired on 10 june when HO already had my PR application, I have a 2 weeks family holiday next month, (second week of august) I'm thinking about asking my passport back from the Ho and travel with my expired EEA2 plus COA, I'm a non-national visa which means i wouldn't have a problem boarding a plane back to the UK, but I'm super concerned if the Imigration officer would allow me back into the country when i get to the border. Can someone advise me please. I will keep you guys up to date on my application. Also i have my EEA2 on my expired passport and i have submitted my new passport one attached to the other (current passport plus the old one with expired EEA2) if i ask for my passport back from the HO will they send both of them or do i have to submitted request to return individually? If i travel only with current passport without expired EEA2 and PR card COA would i be allowed back?
Thank you keep posting updates please

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:17 pm

Updated
Application SHOULD be straight forward.

German citizen applying for myself.

Application sent by special delivery: 07/07/2015
Home Office received the application & signed: 08/07/2015 - 7am
Realised I forgot to include certain debit card digits: 12/07/2015
Phoned HO - advised to send payment page again as payments take currently 4-6 weeks: 13/07/2015
Payment Form sent by special delivery: 13/07/2015
Home Office received the payment form & signed: 14/07/2015 - 7am
Application fee was taken from my credit card account: tbc
Received a confirmation letter dated: tbc
Received a confirmation email: tbc
Received the COA: tbc
Permanent residence received: tbc
On thing I noticed - I sent both SD via 11am, rather than before 9am (first one is too heavy for that anyway) and both times the post arrived before 7 and was no later signed by 7:30am - wonder if that address has some sort of priority at the local post office.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:23 pm

sidcostas wrote:Hi Guys.

I will share my timeline here:

Im a non-EEA, in a civil partnership(01-2010) with an EEA so i got my family permit EEA2 on june 2010

Applied for PR card on

application sent : 30/04/2015
Fee taken off account :05/05/2015
Biometrics Letter received 12/05/2015
Biometricks submitted: 16/05/2015
COA Received with right to work: 27/05/2015
PR card : Waiting

My EEA2 family permit has expired on 10 june when HO already had my PR application, I have a 2 weeks family holiday next month, (second week of august) I'm thinking about asking my passport back from the Ho and travel with my expired EEA2 plus COA, I'm a non-national visa which means i wouldn't have a problem boarding a plane back to the UK, but I'm super concerned if the Imigration officer would allow me back into the country when i get to the border. Can someone advise me please. I will keep you guys up to date on my application. Also i have my EEA2 on my expired passport and i have submitted my new passport one attached to the other (current passport plus the old one with expired EEA2) if i ask for my passport back from the HO will they send both of them or do i have to submitted request to return individually? If i travel only with current passport without expired EEA2 and PR card COA would i be allowed back?
Thank you keep posting updates please
Hi sidcostas, thanks for sharing your timeline with us.
What do you mean by "I'm a non-national visa which means i wouldn't have a problem boarding a plane back to the UK"? What's your nationality? If you are a non-EU citizen, how do you expect to enter back to the UK without a valid visa or EEA2? I'm not sure if HO would provide you some sort of paper to enter back to the UK if you ask your passport for travelling.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:48 pm

Hi forza,
Sorry i meant a non-visa national, which means an airline wouldn't ask me for a visa to board a plane back to the UK, But I'm thinking when i get to the border if i would have problems getting thru. I Have called the HO today and they have informed me that i can ask for my passport back without affecting my application and once i get to the UK border on my way back i can provide them with my passport and COA and that should be enough, but I'm thinking if someone has done that and if it really works. Forza how long have you been waiting for your PR now? I'm just over 2 months and i wonder how long more its going to take. This is so disappointing that it takes so long.

Regards

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:00 pm

sidcostas wrote:Hi forza,
Sorry i meant a non-visa national, which means an airline wouldn't ask me for a visa to board a plane back to the UK, But I'm thinking when i get to the border if i would have problems getting thru. I Have called the HO today and they have informed me that i can ask for my passport back without affecting my application and once i get to the UK border on my way back i can provide them with my passport and COA and that should be enough, but I'm thinking if someone has done that and if it really works. Forza how long have you been waiting for your PR now? I'm just over 2 months and i wonder how long more its going to take. This is so disappointing that it takes so long.

Regards
If HO confirms that your passport and COA are enough then no need to worry about it.

I applied for PR end March so it's been 3,5 months by now. Based on the other applicants timelines I would say it takes about 4 months (average) to get PR for non-EU citizens. It's about 1,5 months waiting time for EU citizens.

There are some (not many) applicants who claim that their cases are pretty straightforward and their applications with HO now over 6 months though!

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:10 am

Updated
Application SHOULD be straight forward.

Phoned HO - advised to send payment page again as payments take currently 4-6 weeks: 13/07/2015
Application fee was taken from my credit card account: tbc
Received a confirmation email: 15/07/2015

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:03 pm

I have never received an e-mail confirmation, what does it say on that e-mail they send? i did receive the COA with right to work and also the letter asking me to submit biometrics, which i did, it's now 2 and a half months waiting since i applied, Keep posting updates guys.
Hopefully this wait will be over soon. Dying to get on a plane to the beach.

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:50 am

sidcostas wrote:I have never received an e-mail confirmation, what does it say on that e-mail they send? i did receive the COA with right to work and also the letter asking me to submit biometrics, which i did, it's now 2 and a half months waiting since i applied, Keep posting updates guys.
Hopefully this wait will be over soon. Dying to get on a plane to the beach.
It says
Dear xxx,
Case ID: xxx
Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.
It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.
Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.
Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.
If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp
Permanent migration team
* Upodated *

Application fee was taken from my credit card account: 17/07/2015
Received a confirmation email: 15/07/2015

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:55 pm

So my application was just sent back to me as it is invalid due to missing money ... a day after they have taken my money :evil: :twisted:

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:15 pm

Gomjaba wrote:So my application was just sent back to me as it is invalid due to missing money ... a day after they have taken my money :evil: :twisted:
No way! what happened? Did your credit or debit card not work or was it expired or something? Did they take the money from the same bank card? I'm sorry to hear this. Frustrating process :!: :!: :!:

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:17 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
Gomjaba wrote:So my application was just sent back to me as it is invalid due to missing money ... a day after they have taken my money :evil: :twisted:
No way! what happened? Did your credit or debit card not work or was it expired or something? Did they take the money from the same bank card? I'm sorry to hear this. Frustrating process :!: :!: :!:
I initially forgot a few digits on the payment form and rang the same day and was advised to re-send, which they received via next day delivery - including my case id.

So the case id market paymet form clearly didn't get to the case worker within a week ..

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:33 pm

This must be frustrating to you because you acted very quick and correctly . I will expect that with a case ID people's application can be managed centrally irrespective of which department that is dealing with it.

The person that processed the payment should hv seen that the application was invalid and already sent back .

Gomjaba

Post by Gomjaba » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:02 am

Annebee wrote:
This must be frustrating to you because you acted very quick and correctly . I will expect that with a case ID people's application can be managed centrally irrespective of which department that is dealing with it.

The person that processed the payment should hv seen that the application was invalid and already sent back .
Indeed. Just sent a letter asking for refund.the only reason I even want to get that certificate is to support my BC. Apparently it is not mandatory but preferred. I am so fed up with the EEA(PR) application that I am tempted to just make an appointment with the NCS and just go for it.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:23 pm

Has anyone requested their passport for travel? And travelled while their application was / is under consideration?

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi all, has anyone received their PR this week? I have been waiting my PR for almost 4 months.

gabipo
Newly Registered

Post by gabipo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:39 pm

[quote="Forza_RC"]Hi all, has anyone received their PR this week? I have been waiting my PR for almost 4 months.
I applied EEA PR as Non EU on 09/03/15 and fee taken on 12/03/15 and COA received on 18/03/15. Still waiting for PR Card :( :(

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:11 am

gabipo wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:Hi all, has anyone received their PR this week? I have been waiting my PR for almost 4 months.
I applied EEA PR as Non EU on 09/03/15 and fee taken on 12/03/15 and COA received on 18/03/15. Still waiting for PR Card :( :(
I applied 2 weeks after than you (late March). Some of the late February applicants received their PR already. I was hoping to receive my PR this month but I am worried now. This is a very frustrating process and it takes way too long!

elena_86
Newly Registered

Post by elena_86 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Hi guys,
Have read through whole discussion, but couldn't find an answer on my question.
Will try to be short and clear.
I've retained my rights after the divorce, and since I first immigrated to the UK as a family member of EEA national in December 2010 I was employed ( same as my ex husband). However, I quit my job on 31.03.2015 and also was away travelling in total 2.5 months. I am still unemployed ( say almost 4 months), does it affect somehow on my application for Permanent Residence? I am looking for a job now, but not sure how long that will take.

I would be grateful for your advices!

thanks a lot
elena

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:14 pm

Retention of rights is subject to you working or self sufficient with health insurance. You need either of these to continue to retain your rights and lead to permanent residence.
You will need to proof what you have been doing since March when you quit your job. Its very important so if you can't find a job now, then get health insurance to be onvthecsafer side and some money to show you are self sufficient.
The tine of travelling will also depend on whether you were working or sekf sufficient.
The retention of rights letter clearly states the conditions of the residence card you have been given.
Hope this helps.

elena_86
Newly Registered

Post by elena_86 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi Nyamebeye,
Many thanks for you reply.
I wonder, if providing bank statements with sufficient funds ( over 14K savings) would be enough, what you think? Regards to a "comprehensive sickness insurance cover" - what sort of insurance they mean, do you know? I have got insurance certificate (worldwide) issued by InsureAndGo, but that's known as a travel insurance (covering me worldwide upon till April 2016). Would that be sufficient?
Thnx!

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:53 pm

I don't know much about the different health insurance but as you rightly said it has to be comprehensive medical insurance. You will need to get one ASAP. Your travel insurance will not suffix.
With the savings, in my humble opinion, I think you should be fine with it. The problem will be the insurance cover during that period.
When is your PR due? HO requires you to provide evidence or your activities sincevthey issued you with the ROR.
One or two months gap should not be fatal. Pls try and get these sorted ASAP. Don't let everything go down the drain pls.

elena_86
Newly Registered

Post by elena_86 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:59 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:I don't know much about the different health insurance but as you rightly said it has to be comprehensive medical insurance. You will need to get one ASAP. Your travel insurance will not suffix.
With the savings, in my humble opinion, I think you should be fine with it. The problem will be the insurance cover during that period.
When is your PR due? HO requires you to provide evidence or your activities sincevthey issued you with the ROR.
One or two months gap should not be fatal. Pls try and get these sorted ASAP. Don't let everything go down the drain pls.

Aww, thanks a lot!!! i am very much concerned now, and get that all sorted ASAP. Even though you are right saying that 1-2 months of me being unemployed should not be fatal ( 2 of those 4 months of being unemployed I was away from the UK and as far as I know that's okay to be absent up to 6 months within an year). I know that my main requirement is to prove I was not a burden for their social system and did not claim benefits, but even if I did claim- that could have been easily found out?? I reckon my savings are anyhow sufficient to live in the UK for a couple of months and not to work. What would you suggest - call them or write an email? I wonder, if they ever respond? I got this one EuropeanOperational@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk what do you think? :)

PS In December 2015 will be 5 years I've been residing in the UK under EU regulations, so I'll be looking to apply for around this time. I retained my rights in January 2014 after I received my Decree absolute.