ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

medlence
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by medlence » Sat May 21, 2016 7:24 pm

salmintin wrote:
medlence wrote:Just an update on my timeline,

Documents sent: 23.01.2016
Documents received: 25.01.2016
Payment taken: 27.01.2016
DCPR received: 21.05.2016 (originally sent on the 5.3.2016 but to a wrong address, caseworker sent it to my previous address from 4.5 years ago)

I have speculated previously that requesting my passport might have delayed the process which is not the case, since if they have sent the DCPR to the correct address the first time I would have received it in 6 weeks time.

Good luck to all, and thank you for sharing your timelines and knowledge.
Thanks!

How did you realise your documents were sent to your old address?

They have used a new envelope but have put the old envelope as it was returned to them without opening, so there was a sticker from Royal Mail from 21st of March saying 18 days have passed and they will return to sender. Also the letter inside was addressed to my old address and dated 29 of February

cryptozoologist
Newly Registered

Post by cryptozoologist » Sun May 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Hi all,

here's my timeline:

Application sent: 04.03.2016
Application received: 05.03.2016
Payment taken: 09.03.2016
Confirmation email received: 23.03.2016
Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated: ?
DCPR received: ?

EEA, 8 years in UK but in varying circumstances (study,, work and some weeks unpaid in between). Luckily I still had my european health insurance card covering the entire study period - I hope that will count.

I had not planned to request my passport back since I had my national ID card that I can use for travel in the EU; however recently I managed to lose my wallet and everything in it. Based on the timelines on this site I assumed that the application might be close to completion and decided to wait, but now I'm getting antsy...

Stefan7
Newly Registered

Post by Stefan7 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:59 am

Hello

So far nothing from the HO. Any advice what to do? The worrying thing is that I never recieved a confirmation email with case number. Is there any possibility that they lost my documents? This is my timeline today:

Documents sent: 22/2/16
Documents received: 24/2/16
Payment taken: 1/03/16
Confirmation email received: NA
Documents requested back: 7/03/16
Documents received: 19/03/16
Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated: NA
DCPR received: NA

EEA8.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Mon May 23, 2016 11:46 am

Stefan7 wrote:Hello

So far nothing from the HO. Any advice what to do? The worrying thing is that I never recieved a confirmation email with case number. Is there any possibility that they lost my documents? This is my timeline today:

EEA8.
Did you try to ring them? Maybe they won't be too useful but it's better than nothing.

Anyway it doesn't look like they lost your documents since you were able to request and receive your ID / passport / whatever.
cryptozoologist wrote:Based on the timelines on this site I assumed that the application might be close to completion and decided to wait, but now I'm getting antsy...
There are 3 people here who applied around the same time you and I applied and they received their answers two weeks ago. So I think they are definitely working on our cases. I guess all we can do now is be patient and wait.

Stefan7
Newly Registered

Post by Stefan7 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:29 pm

salmintin wrote:
Stefan7 wrote:Hello

EEA8.
Did you try to ring them? Maybe they won't be too useful but it's better than nothing.

Anyway it doesn't look like they lost your documents since you were able to request and receive your ID / passport / whatever.
cryptozoologist wrote:Based on the timelines on this site I assumed that the application might be close to completion and decided to wait, but now I'm getting antsy...
There are 3 people here who applied around the same time you and I applied and they received their answers two weeks ago. So I think they are definitely working on our cases. I guess all we can do now is be patient and wait.
Thank you for your reply salmintin. No I never tried to call them, I don't even know what number to call but I think at some point I will need to. I follow other people's cases here and as I see everybody received at least an email with case number and I never did. That's why I am not sure if they deal with it or my documents are not complete anymore as it's been opened already and some of them are missing. I don't know. Or another option could be, the HO sent the documents but I never recived them from some reason what I will never know. I know these are just speculations but I really don't know what else could be the problem.

Tony2015

Post by Tony2015 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:29 pm

My updated timeline.

-Application sent: 01/04/2016
-Received by HO: 04/04/2016
-Application fee (credit card): 12/04/2016
-Confirmation email: Still Waiting (4 weeks waiting after payment) Not Received.
-Requested passport back : 09/05/16
-Passport Received: 23/05/16

Hello kris12 I received my passport back today . As soon I receive my PR I will update.

mr twelvetrees
Newly Registered

Post by mr twelvetrees » Mon May 23, 2016 2:34 pm

Stefan7 wrote: Thank you for your reply salmintin. No I never tried to call them, I don't even know what number to call but I think at some point I will need to. I follow other people's cases here and as I see everybody received at least an email with case number and I never did. That's why I am not sure if they deal with it or my documents are not complete anymore as it's been opened already and some of them are missing. I don't know. Or another option could be, the HO sent the documents but I never recived them from some reason what I will never know. I know these are just speculations but I really don't know what else could be the problem.
I've seen a few completed timelines where confirmation email never turned up, after all it's easy to misspell an email address not to mention technological reasons why email delivery can't be 100% guaranteed.

You can try to call them, as far as I know this is the official contact for EU route applications:
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/european-nationals

but for my case I was told that there is not much they can do, it's just a generic helpline and they allegedly have no connection to the case workers nor the database - unless the application went beyond 6 months. As salmintin said, there is a good chance that there is no problem and yours is in the queue just like ours.

london79
Newly Registered

Post by london79 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:08 pm

HI EVERY ONE
MY TIME IS
APPLY 17/11/15
PAYMENT TAKEN 22/11/15
BOIC SEND 8/12/15
COA REC 22/1/16
REFUSEL REC 23/05/16
I GOT SAME STORY LIKE MR...NOTJUSTOK TELLING HIS STORY I SEND EVERY THING
AND HOME OFFCE SAY I DID NOT SEND MY ORINGINAL DECREE ABSOLUTE .
AND MY PAY SLIP WHICH I SNED PRINT OUT E PAY SLIP NOW DAYS EVERY ONE GET E/PAY SLIP
BUT HOME OFFICE DONT KNOW ABOUT .
PLEASE ADVICE ME CAN I SEND RECONSDRATIO LATER TO CASE WORKER LIKE ,,, MR NOTJUSTOK SEND
OR I NEED GO FOR APPLIE
PLEASE NOTJUSTOK IF YOU POST ME HOW YOU DID IT
THANKS EVERY ONE

london79
Newly Registered

Post by london79 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:11 pm

Notjustok wrote:EEA (PR) as Non- EEA Family Member (Retaining Right)

Here is my timeline.
Send application on : 04/11/15
Ho received on : 05/11/15
Payment taken on 10/11/15
Biometric letter dated on 13/11/15
Received on 19/11/15
Biometric done 24/11/2015
COA dated : 02/12/2015
PR Card : Still waiting

I just track my enclosed return special delivery envelop and it says It's on its way..... Fingers crossed as am
a bit nervous.

Update: My PR is refused.

Reason for refusal: Even though you meet all other residence requirements, you have failed to provide evidence that since your divorce on 14 October 2015 till the 4 November 2015 that your application was received by UK visa & immigration, you have been a worker, self employed person or a self sufficient person, how ever u have failed to provide evidence that you meet requirement of regulation 10(6) and you have therefore not retained a right of residence following divorce .

Documents sent

My Ex Wife EEA National ID
EEA National DCPR
6 year SA Statements
6 years EEA national Bank statements
6 years utility bills joint
6 years Payslip (my Self) including period claimed in refusal
Family photos
6 years bank statements
6 years joint whole lots of documents
Decree Absolute

I guess the case worker just want me to suffer. because i sent my payslips and self employment proof for the 3 weeks claimed in the refusal. i dont know how come he said i didnt provide it.

Pls advise what should i do

Thanks

Update.....

Am glad to notify you that my application has been approved. after sending a reconsideration letter to the case worker. i receive a letter from the case worker this morning that my application has been approved and he also agree to have made an error in my previous refusal. see time line below.....

EEA (PR) as Non- EEA Family Member (Retaining Right)

Here is my timeline.
Send application on : 04/11/15
Ho received on : 05/11/15
Payment taken on 10/11/15
Biometric letter dated on 13/11/15
Received on 19/11/15
Biometric done 24/11/2015
COA dated : 02/12/2015
Refusal letter: 28/04/2016
Reconsideration letter sent on: 04/05/2016
Approval letter received: 20/05/2016
PR Card : received together with approval

I wish all of you good luck....

All the Best!

Eagle00
Newly Registered

Post by Eagle00 » Mon May 23, 2016 9:40 pm

Hello All, here is my application timeline for EU (PR) application - EEA national living in the UK for >10 years exercising treaty rights, with non-EEA spouse both applied using one form:

16 Jan 2016 - application posted, special delivery
2 Feb 2016 - email from UKVI confirming receipt of application
4 Feb 2016 - biometric invitation letter for non EEA spouse
6 Feb - biometric data provided at local post office
12 Feb - CoA for non-EEA spouse received in the post
still waiting as of 23 May 2016

Are other applicants experiencing similarly long waiting times? Does the fact fact that the application is for two people (incl. non-EEA spouse) result in longer than usual waiting times (current average is about 100 days from what I gather).

Many thanks

ivetalopes

Post by ivetalopes » Wed May 25, 2016 1:42 pm

Wow I have read all posts here on timeline and I must say I thought it would be much quicker than that.

I know they say it can take up to 6 months and they really do take their time. I can see most of you really waited 6 months!!!

Well I only just sent mine (I'm the sponsor by the way, my husband is the applicant)

But so far:

Application sent 12th May 2016
Received 13Th May
Payment taken 16Th May

jotoia

Post by jotoia » Wed May 25, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi all
Any phone no to enqure about pasport return please?
Thank you all

butt37
Newly Registered

Post by butt37 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:06 am

hi everyone
timeline for my aunt(Non-EEA)
Application sent 23/11/2015
payment taken 27/11/2015
Biometric 11/01/2016
PR card received 25/05/2016
that is after 6 months and 2 days in total.

Good luck to everyone

dandodex
Spain

Post by dandodex » Thu May 26, 2016 1:07 pm

Slight update...

Spanish EEA national

Documents sent Special Delivery: 11/05/2016
Documents received at Durham: 12/05/2016
Payment taken: 13/05/2016
Request for passport return sent: 19/05/2016
Confirmation email received: 26/05/2016
Passport received:
Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated:
Document Certifying Permanent Residence received:
(or refusal of course!)

Arshsam

Post by Arshsam » Thu May 26, 2016 1:49 pm

butt37 wrote:hi everyone
timeline for my aunt(Non-EEA)
Application sent 23/11/2015
payment taken 27/11/2015
Biometric 11/01/2016
PR card received 25/05/2016
that is after 6 months and 2 days in total.

Good luck to everyone

Congratulations Butt :-)

Thanks for sharing your timeline...

Stefan7
Newly Registered

Post by Stefan7 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:19 pm

mr twelvetrees wrote:
Stefan7 wrote: Thank you for your reply salmintin. No I never tried to call them, I don't even know what number to call but I think at some point I will need to. I follow other people's cases here and as I see everybody received at least an email with case number and I never did. That's why I am not sure if they deal with it or my documents are not complete anymore as it's been opened already and some of them are missing. I don't know. Or another option could be, the HO sent the documents but I never recived them from some reason what I will never know. I know these are just speculations but I really don't know what else could be the problem.
I've seen a few completed timelines where confirmation email never turned up, after all it's easy to misspell an email address not to mention technological reasons why email delivery can't be 100% guaranteed.

You can try to call them, as far as I know this is the official contact for EU route applications:
https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi/european-nationals

but for my case I was told that there is not much they can do, it's just a generic helpline and they allegedly have no connection to the case workers nor the database - unless the application went beyond 6 months. As salmintin said, there is a good chance that there is no problem and yours is in the queue just like ours.
I contacted the HO today and not very useful as you said.The answer was if once they take the money they deal with it and it's takes 6 months these days regardless from EEA or non EEA. Also no email notification sent to anyone. I see the opposite on this forum but never mind.

dandodex
Spain

Post by dandodex » Thu May 26, 2016 3:24 pm

It would appear the contact centre is populated by people without the right training as from this forum we can see people are getting their emails and EEA applicants tend to get their PR certificates within 8 to 10 weeks.

I just got the email today, two weeks exactly on the day they received my application by Special Delivery. I see most people get the email after 4 weeks so no idea what is going on.

ivetalopes

Post by ivetalopes » Thu May 26, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi guys

I spoke with their call centre before I even came on this forum and I must say they are completely useless. They gave me completely the wrong advice and like you said they are not trained at all.

Thank god i found this forum so I can get some valuable information.

I'm just confused by one thing....does the timeline for dealing with application depends on whether you are a EU national or non EU national. My husband is Brazilian so does that mean his application will take longer than say someone from EU?

dandodex
Spain

Post by dandodex » Thu May 26, 2016 7:30 pm

Correct, it seems EEA takes a couple of months, family takes a few months.

ivetalopes

Post by ivetalopes » Thu May 26, 2016 8:52 pm

sorry what do you mean family takes a few months?

dandodex
Spain

Post by dandodex » Thu May 26, 2016 8:53 pm

Just from what I read on posts here, EU citizens take a couple of months, family of EU citizens take longer.

ivetalopes

Post by ivetalopes » Thu May 26, 2016 8:58 pm

To be honest I really don't understand why EU citizens need this card! Are we not in the European Union? All EU citizens can live and work in UK.

So because my husband (who is applicant) is from Brazil he will wait longer

Bumble

Post by Bumble » Thu May 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Bumble wrote:EEA member. Resident since mid-1994, in full time employment for the duration of my stay bar the first couple of weeks, very few short absences from the UK, so would consider it a straight forward application..

Documents sent: 08/04/2016
Documents received: 11/04/2016
Payment taken: 14/04/2016
Confirmation email received: -
Document Certifying Permanent Residence dated: -
DCPR received: -
Days since documents sent: 38
Now 48 days since documents sent and still no email confirmation. I see someone receive the email confirmation within 15 days who sent documents in May... Starting to think I will need to send off and request my passport be returned to wake the HO up to look at my application. My only other hope is I was allocated a case worker unable to type my email address up and everything is going swimmingly without my knowledge.

I guess there is nothing I can actually do to find out about the app as I do not have a reference number without the email confirmation?

mr twelvetrees
Newly Registered

Post by mr twelvetrees » Thu May 26, 2016 9:37 pm

ivetalopes wrote:To be honest I really don't understand why EU citizens need this card! Are we not in the European Union? All EU citizens can live and work in UK.

So because my husband (who is applicant) is from Brazil he will wait longer
Believe me no one is doing it just for the fun. For EU citizens having a PR is a prerequisite of the naturalisation (ie. acquiring british citizenship). Blame the spending cuts, the bureaucracy or the bad weather if that makes you happy, but blaming it on the EU citizens is pretty ignorant.

ivetalopes

Post by ivetalopes » Fri May 27, 2016 9:10 am

Mr twelvetrees you misunderstood me I think ...or maybe I said it wrong :)))

I wasn't blaming EU citizens or the non EU citizens :) I am an EU citizen myself. I was just blaming the bureacracy I guess :) Was just thinking out loud...as we EU citizen should not have to get this card before naturalisation but I read the law changed last year in November. It's just their way of squeezing more money out of people guess