ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nyamebeye

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Nyamebeye » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:35 pm

May I know what you are looking to call or email them about? You may want to clarify things but most times their responses are general and given by the customer service personnel and not caseworkers.
I think if you do the basic homework of proofing activities hy Dec you should be fine. I have ROR myself and have made sure to stay in employment for this purpose even though my back hurts like hell after each shift. You don't want to be left in limbo.
Do the best you can within your abilities and get your PR.
Good luck my dear.

Haazi12
Newly Registered

Post by Haazi12 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Hi everone I am new to this forum
I have applied to PR here is my timeline
Posted: 7.7.2015
Ho received: 8.7.2015
Biometric letter received: 17.7.2015
Biometric recorded: 18.7.2015
Coa:................
PR...................

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:50 pm

Haazi12 wrote:Hi everone I am new to this forum
I have applied to PR here is my timeline
Posted: 7.7.2015
Ho received: 8.7.2015
Biometric letter received: 17.7.2015
Biometric recorded: 18.7.2015
Coa:................
PR...................
Hi Haazi12, thanks for sharing your timeline with us. Keep us updating if you hear from HO.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:59 pm

today it's exactly 4 months that I applied for PR and still waiting! I thought my case was very straightforward and hoping to receive my PR within 3 months...I applied for PR about 1 week before the biometrics application introduced not sure that has slowed down the process...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:24 pm

Forza_RC wrote:Hi all, has anyone received their PR this week? I have been waiting my PR for almost 4 months.
I don't think there is anything unusual about a 4 months wait.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:42 pm

Obei,

I myself can feel the stress he's going through and that always happen whenever you apply to get anything from stress office.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:58 am

Obie wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:Hi all, has anyone received their PR this week? I have been waiting my PR for almost 4 months.
I don't think there is anything unusual about a 4 months wait.
I have been member of this forum for 6 years and to be honest never seen this kind of somehow weird and funny comment before I have to say...If you think 4 months waiting time in "2015" is not "unusual" then I have nothing to say against your comment...Are you working for HO or something? :) I can only understand your comment if you are...

Of course everyone knows on this forum that it takes up to 6 months to receive PR/RC. No doubt about it and it's on the application form! We all know that for sure. However, we all try to stress / emphasise the long and frustrating waiting times...I work with international clients in different countries and have been stuck in the country for 4 months as obviously cannot travel without my passport and even not sure how long more this is gonna take!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:07 am

I talk based on the law and not on emotion. There is nothing weird about my comments . It is legally sound.

A case that took 7 months to deal with is unusual, but a case of 4 months is not.

If you have any documents or law or policy that indicates 4 months is wrong, then please show me.

I may be missing something.

In 2010 i was taking UKBA to court for delays. So i know what i am writing. I don't write or comment for the sake of commenting..

If you find a basis for your contention that my views are weird , unlike one you have seen in the 6 years of your forum membership, then publish.

I have advised members whose cases i find troubing delays. I even assisted them in sending pre action protocol and in one case i assisted in filing JR. So my views is in no way abhorrent. To the contrary.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:19 am

still you don't get what I say :) I have no further comments...

I think it would have made all applicants' life a lot easier if HO had an application tracking system...More transparent system...It should not be that difficult to create an online platform for application process especially for EEA applicants...I mean once we have posted the applications we can only track them until they receive the application and that's it...then after nervous and stressful waiting process starts...1 month - 2 months - 3 months - 4 months - or more...it even used to be 1,5 years in the past...

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:28 am

There is nothing precluding you from requesting your passport and making overseas travel.

Clients who make PR application do this all the time.

Infact EU applicant are in a better position than applicant for Ilr, who loose their money and application if they want to travel.

I am dealing with a family who had booked a flight 7 months ago hoping Ilr will be resolved, and now the lady has been called for an interview and lost her flight ticket.

That i call very problematic.

Family member of EEA can travel and return at anytime. They only need to request their passport 10 working days, and this will not affect their application.

Coffee10

Post by Coffee10 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:51 pm

hello friends.i'm in the middle of filling aplication for PR status for my wife.could you please help?section 5 residence in the uk.country or countries visited i understand my wife need to fill this bit but i'm her husband ''sponsor'' and i already have PR status and BC.should i fill this bit again about countries visited or just inform that i obtained my PR i 2012.thank You for advice

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Obie wrote:There is nothing precluding you from requesting your passport and making overseas travel.

Infact EU applicant are in a better position than applicant for Ilr, who loose their money and application if they want to travel.

I am dealing with a family who had booked a flight 7 months ago hoping Ilr will be resolved, and now the lady has been called for an interview and lost her flight ticket.

Family member of EEA can travel and return at anytime. They only need to request their passport 10 working days, and this will not affect their application.
Of course we all clearly know that there is nothing precluding us from requesting our passports BUT you are wrong with your assumption on making overseas travel bit! "In reality I am afraid it does not work in the way how you are assuming at all". And I very much doubt that it's true at all you are saying "Clients who make PR application do this all the time." especially the "all the time part". Not only on this forum but on all other forums as well people who are non-EU citizens (family member of EU citizen) complain about the same issue. If I were an EU citizen obviously that would not be a problem at all. But here is my experience:

As a non-EU citizen I contacted German, Danish and Italian Embassies and explained them that my 5 years RC expired and I applied for PR and asked for their advices on applying for business visa as I was planning to travel without my spouse. I was advised that I cannot apply for business visa from London (within the UK) unless I have a valid UK permit.

So I am afraid to say that what you are saying or thinking on this issue is not working in real life cases. I have friends who are in similar situation as me are all "precluded to travel" because of this issue.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:08 pm

Coffee10 wrote:hello friends.i'm in the middle of filling aplication for PR status for my wife.could you please help?section 5 residence in the uk.country or countries visited i understand my wife need to fill this bit but i'm her husband ''sponsor'' and i already have PR status and BC.should i fill this bit again about countries visited or just inform that i obtained my PR i 2012.thank You for advice
Hi Coffee10, as your wife's sponsor you need to fill that part as well.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:22 pm

Forza_RC wrote:

As a non-EU citizen I contacted German, Danish and Italian Embassies and explained them that my 5 years RC expired and I applied for PR and asked for their advices on applying for business visa as I was planning to travel without my spouse. I was advised that I cannot apply for business visa from London (within the UK) unless I have a valid UK permit.

So I am afraid to say that what you are saying or thinking on this issue is not working in real life cases. I have friends who are in similar situation as me are all "precluded to travel" because of this issue.
Firstly I don't lie.

Secondly , you have only yourself to Blame for making a PR application after your RC has expired.

All the people I deal with with few exception make their residence Card application on the 5th Anniversary of their marriage or entry to the UK, which means all of them are eligible for PR before the expiry of their Residency Card.

Therefore contrary to what you said, my clients never experience these difficulties and they are able to conduct their normal lives and livelihood , whiles their application is under consideration.

If 6 months were to elapse I send a pre action protocol .

So yes, I restate the fact that if you manage your situation properly , these types of problems you are facing is unlikely to occur..

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:55 am

Forza_RC wrote:

I was on EEA2 and have lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years as a family member of an EEA national qualified person. So 1 month before my EEA 2 expired (in March 2015) I applied for PR. If I request my passport (let's say in May) in my situation to travel to let's say from London to Berlin without my spouse accompanying me then I need a Schengen visa. To get Schengen visa then I need a valid UK residential permit (EEA2 or EEA4) on my passport! Not sure why it was so difficult for you to understand this.
I am seeking to correct your ignorance of the law, but i appear to be knocking my head against a brick wall so i give up.

You are proceeding on the flawed believe that a person has to apply for EEA 4 once EEA 2 expires , and that is just nonsense.

EU law provides that a person qualifies for PR once they have residing in accordance with the regulation for 5 year. That does not equal to holding a Residence for 5 year.

It is frustrating that you have been on this forum for 6 years, but simply policy which i have explained on numerous thread for over 6 years, seems difficult to get through you.

The UKVI is entitled to spend 6 months, they are entitled to carry out their checks.

If your travel was important, you should have applied when you qualified for PR, and not when your residency expires.

I don't wish to advertise to you or anyone. I merely state a fact, which you disputed, and I am seeking to emphasis to you, that i am writing out of personal experience.

If you point made sense i would have conceded, but you are stating non-sense and getting arrogant.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:57 am

Good morning everyone,

Hope we all will have good news this week. Please share your timelines or if you hear any news from HO this week.

Have a great week to you all!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:14 am

I am seeking to correct your ignorance of the law, but it appear i am knocking my head against a brick wall so i give up.

You are proceeding on the flawed believe that a person has to apply for EEA 4 once EEA 2 expires , and that is just nonsense.

EU law provides that a person qualifies for PR once they have residing in accordance with the regulation for 5 year. That does not equal to holding a Residence for 5 year.

It is frustrating that you have been on this forum for 6 years, but a simple policy which i have explained on numerous thread for over the last 6 years, seems difficult to get through you.

The UKVI is entitled to spend 6 months, they are entitled to carry out their checks.

If your travel was important, you should have applied when you qualified for PR, and not when your residency expires. This will have entitled you to travel whiles your EEA 4 was under consideration.

I don't wish to advertise to you or anyone. I merely state a fact, which you disputed, and I am seeking to emphasis to you, that i am writing out of personal experience. I am doing very well and don't need yours or anyone else custom.

I merely here to help, and explain.

If your point made sense i would have conceded, but you are stating non-sense and getting arrogant.

If you continue i will simply lock this tread, as it appears to have run it course anyway.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:23 am

Obie wrote:I am seeking to correct your ignorance of the law, but it appear i am knocking my head against a brick wall so i give up.

It is frustrating that you have been on this forum for 6 years, but a simple policy which i have explained on numerous thread for over the last 6 years, seems difficult to get through you.

If your travel was important, you should have applied when you qualified for PR, and not when your residency expires. This will have entitled you to travel whiles your EEA 4 was under consideration.

I don't wish to advertise to you or anyone. I merely state a fact, which you disputed, and I am seeking to emphasis to you, that i am writing out of personal experience. I am doing very well and don't need yours or anyone else custom.

I merely here to help, and explain.

If your point made sense i would have conceded, but you are stating non-sense and getting arrogant.

If you continue i will simply lock this tread, as it appears to have run it course anyway.
I stopped reading your comment after "If your travel was important, you should have applied when you qualified for PR, and not when your residency expires. This will have entitled you to travel whiles your EEA 4 was under consideration." :) How am I suppose to know what kind of "important or non-important" business travels are coming up, seriously? :)

No further comment.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:25 am

Has anyone applied in February/March period and received their PR recently?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:40 am

Well i revert to my previous statement that 4 month is acceptable in EU law, and domestic law.

People who know they have employment or their livelihood or their jobs require travel can request an expedition, if it is their 1st Residence Card Application, or make their application as soon as they qualify for PR, which will ensure they have valid residence card when their application is under consideration

If you don't ,then there is no point in making baseless legal argument, such as how you could have send EEA 4 when EEA 2 has not expired.

This thread appears to have run it course, and perhaps it is about time we call it a day.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:48 am

elena_86 wrote:Hi guys,
Have read through whole discussion, but couldn't find an answer on my question.
Will try to be short and clear.
I've retained my rights after the divorce, and since I first immigrated to the UK as a family member of EEA national in December 2010 I was employed ( same as my ex husband). However, I quit my job on 31.03.2015 and also was away travelling in total 2.5 months. I am still unemployed ( say almost 4 months), does it affect somehow on my application for Permanent Residence? I am looking for a job now, but not sure how long that will take.

I would be grateful for your advices!

thanks a lot
elena
Hi elena_86, thanks for sharing your situation with us. When do you plan to apply for PR? Do you have a comprehensive sickness insurance for that period?

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:24 pm

Obie wrote:There is nothing precluding you from requesting your passport and making overseas travel.

elena_86
Newly Registered

Post by elena_86 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Forza_RC wrote:
elena_86 wrote:Hi guys,
Have read through whole discussion, but couldn't find an answer on my question.
Will try to be short and clear.
I've retained my rights after the divorce, and since I first immigrated to the UK as a family member of EEA national in December 2010 I was employed ( same as my ex husband). However, I quit my job on 31.03.2015 and also was away travelling in total 2.5 months. I am still unemployed ( say almost 4 months), does it affect somehow on my application for Permanent Residence? I am looking for a job now, but not sure how long that will take.

I would be grateful for your advices!

thanks a lot
elena
Hi elena_86, thanks for sharing your situation with us. When do you plan to apply for PR? Do you have a comprehensive sickness insurance for that period?
Hello Forza, thanks for getting back to me. On 20 December 2015 will be exactly 5 years I first immigrated to the UK as a EU family member. Since that i always worked, and my ex husband did too ( before we got divorced). I quit my job on 31.03.2015 and stayed unemployed whole April, then I was overseas back home for 2 months, and came back 30.06 , since then still unemployed but looking for a job now. I can provide statements showing sufficient funds ( you think 14K savings is sufficient?), but i dont have a comprehensive medical insurance, and I wonder do I have to still get it ( if, say, I find a job asap)), and can i get cover back to April ( when I first become unemployed). I really wonder is 1-2 months of being unemployed that big deal? Don't people do break between the jobs :D

elena_86
Newly Registered

Post by elena_86 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:44 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:May I know what you are looking to call or email them about? You may want to clarify things but most times their responses are general and given by the customer service personnel and not caseworkers.
I think if you do the basic homework of proofing activities hy Dec you should be fine. I have ROR myself and have made sure to stay in employment for this purpose even though my back hurts like hell after each shift. You don't want to be left in limbo.
Do the best you can within your abilities and get your PR.
Good luck my dear.
hello Nyamebeye!
thanks a lot for your advices, much appreacited. Yes, I wanted to phone them and clarify if it's necessary to get a medical insurance for a period of 2 months of me being unemployed. But you are right saying they give very general responses, so doesn't make sense now. I just need to find out if I can get a medical cover starting from April, but i am worried because its not possible to start you cover in the past... means I already have missed 2 months ( April and July). Not sure whether its all a big deal or not. When are you applying for PR?
P.S. thanks a lot for wishing me a good luck ( very much needed now, as never before), and hope your back won't hurt so much anymore, please take care :)

gabipo
Newly Registered

Post by gabipo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:45 pm

Forza_RC wrote:Has anyone applied in February/March period and received their PR recently?
Still Waiting :( :( :(