ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

axelwb
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by axelwb » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:58 pm

Hi everyone,

Has anyone applied in April and not heard back yet?

I have applied on the 27th of April, money taken two days after. I haven't heard a thing since. No confirmation email nothing. I have been patiently waiting up to now but it is getting frustrating when you see people applying in May get PR before you. I'm happy for all of you, I truly am, I wish they have been somewhat better at this service.

My case is straightforward, 6 years of employment (EEA national) so I cannot find a way to justify the HO's lack of ability to make a decision within a reasonable timeframe.

Should I try to call them or wait for a further 2 months?

#rantover

mividini
Newly Registered

Post by mividini » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:49 pm

mividini wrote:Hi there, we are family from Bulgaria who lives in the UK since September 2008.
We apply for PR using 1 form not including the kids / 2 daughters/ as husband /QP/ and me /FM/ .
We have sent large amount of documents for 2008-2014 only. And a recent reference from my husbands work.

Here is our timeline:

Application posted: 23/07/2016
Documents received: 25/07/2016
Payment taken: 27/07/2016 / credit card/
Confirmation email: waiting
PR dated: waiting
PR received: waiting

Goоd luck to everyone!
Update:

Application posted: 23/07/2016
Documents received: 25/07/2016
Payment taken: 27/07/2016 / credit card/
Confirmation email: 25/08/2016
PR dated: waiting
PR received: waiting

We used 1 form for both of us, but received each of us email , is that with everybody?

''Dear MRS ****,

Case ID: *****

Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.''

And same with diferent case number for my husband.

gtht

Post by gtht » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:32 am

axelwb wrote:Hi everyone,

I have applied on the 27th of April, money taken two days after. I haven't heard a thing since. No confirmation email nothing. I have been patiently waiting up to now but it is getting frustrating when you see people applying in May get PR before you. I'm happy for all of you, I truly am, I wish they have been somewhat better at this service.

My case is straightforward, 6 years of employment (EEA national) so I cannot find a way to justify the HO's lack of ability to make a decision within a reasonable timeframe.

#rantover
I think the longest I've seen on this blog for an EEA national was about 127 days. That was with the interesting case were the letter was dated in early July but received in early August. I wonder if things sometimes get misplaced in the HO post room. You're probably no more than a week away though. Good luck.

Gecko
Newly Registered

Post by Gecko » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:21 am

Hi guys.

I've been a silent follower of this thread since my application for PR in May.

My timeline is as follows:

EEA A8 national

Docs sent: 3/5/2016
Docs received: 4/5/2016
Payment taken: 6/5/2016
EEA ID card requested back: 5/7/2016
Confirmation email: N/A
EEA ID card returned: 20/7/2016
DCPR dated: Waiting
DCPR received: Waiting

115 days since application sent.

Good luck to everyone.

joycexiao
Newly Registered

Post by joycexiao » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi all,

I am a non eea family member applying PR with my French husband.
Both of us been working in UK for 8 yrs and my 5 years eea residence card is expiring in October this year.
My timeline is as below:
Docs sent: 28/07/16 (SD)
Docs received: 29/07/16
Payment taken: 01/08/16
Confirmation email: 26/08/16
Bio letter: waiting
COA: waiting
DCPR: waiting

careta2000
Newly Registered

Post by careta2000 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:36 pm

Hi all,

finally got mine. I'm an EU-15 national.

Here are the timelines:

Docs sent: 3/05/2016
Docs received: 4/05/2016
Payment taken: 6/05/2016
EEA ID card requested back: Did not need it, so didn't request it back.
Confirmation email: Never received one!
DCPR dated: 23/08/2016
DCPR received: 26/08/2016

Total time: 115 days

Good luck!

Perpglo
Newly Registered

Post by Perpglo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi noajthan, I've had the Polish passport since October 2013 but was born a Polish citizen (by descent). Was a long bureaucratic process to get the passport. So that's why I'm a strange case. Technically I've always been an EU citizen regardless of when I got a passport. I have a Polish birth certificate too. I've been working here for 7years but entered on a highly skilled migrant visa but let that expire when i got my Polish passport in 2013. I'm interested to see what the HO does. I'll keep everyone posted.

Sultan2016
Newly Registered

Post by Sultan2016 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:27 pm

Hi Guys

I want to share my timeline.

Non EEA family member of an EEA National.

Applied for Permanent Residence Card

4 Applicants Joint Application Form
Wife (EEA National)
2 Sons (EEA National)
Me (Non EEA National)

Documents Sent to HO: 09th July, 2016
Documents Recieved by HO: 12th July, 2016
Payment Taken: 13th July, 2016
3 Confirmation Emails (EEA Nationals): 11th August, 2016
Biometrics Letter (Non EEA National): 13th August, 2016 (Dated: 10th August, 2016)
Biometrics Sent through Post Office to HO: 19th August, 2016
Certificate of Application Recieved with right of Work: 26th August, 2016 (Dated: 22nd August, 2016)
DCPR: Waiting....

Raff113
Poland

Post by Raff113 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi all, just have a simple question. My wife will be applying for permanent residence card soon, and she has problem with section 1 of the application (I know, I know). say her name is A, surname B and maiden name C. when asked to give her full name she puts A B, right? but when they ask about surname, should it be B or C (maiden name). We find it really confusing, many thanks for your help!

venomby
BANNED

Post by venomby » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:33 pm

It goes according to her passport sir.
If her passport says A +B and maiden is C then thats what you write.
It normally goes surname, name and previous name
so just follow those instructions.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:06 pm

Perpglo wrote:Hi noajthan, I've had the Polish passport since October 2013 but was born a Polish citizen (by descent). Was a long bureaucratic process to get the passport. So that's why I'm a strange case. Technically I've always been an EU citizen regardless of when I got a passport. I have a Polish birth certificate too. I've been working here for 7years but entered on a highly skilled migrant visa but let that expire when i got my Polish passport in 2013. I'm interested to see what the HO does. I'll keep everyone
posted.
If you can prove you've always been Polish then you may be able to use your time in UK since 2009.
So perhaps you acquired PR in 2014!

The PR guidance says provide alternate proof of identity if passport not available (for good enough reason).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

polyksena
Newly Registered

Post by polyksena » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:48 pm

Hello all,
I am an EEA national and I am a holder of Document certifying Permanent Residence. My partner who is also an EEA national is going to apply for a Document certifying Permanent Residence on the basis of unmarried partner and I will be his sponsor. Can someone with experience in applications on the basis of sponsorship, advice me the following:

1. My main question is: Is the Document certifying Permanent Residence issued by HO the same in both scenarios – i.e. when it is issued on the basis of individual application and when it is issued on the basis of sponsorship? Or is there any difference in the document issued? If the PR document is issued on the basis of sponsorship, can that document be later on used to apply for British Citizenship?
2. Is there any requirement for a qualifying period of 5 years when the application is on the basis of sponsorship?
3. Is it a problem that I (the sponsor) also am the holder of British Citizenship since April this year?

Thank you very much for your help. Any advice and experience shared is much appreciated.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:15 pm

polyksena wrote:Hello all,
I am an EEA national and I am a holder of Document certifying Permanent Residence. My partner who is also an EEA national is going to apply for a Document certifying Permanent Residence on the basis of unmarried partner and I will be his sponsor. Can someone with experience in applications on the basis of sponsorship, advice me the following:

1. My main question is: Is the Document certifying Permanent Residence issued by HO the same in both scenarios – i.e. when it is issued on the basis of individual application and when it is issued on the basis of sponsorship? Or is there any difference in the document issued? If the PR document is issued on the basis of sponsorship, can that document be later on used to apply for British Citizenship?
2. Is there any requirement for a qualifying period of 5 years when the application is on the basis of sponsorship?
3. Is it a problem that I (the sponsor) also am the holder of British Citizenship since April this year?

Thank you very much for your help. Any advice and experience shared is much appreciated.
Does dependent have a current EFM RC? (with you as sponsor).

1) DCPR can be used to demonstrate settled status when naturalising in either case.

2) Yes, 5 years residence in UK; absences from UK within prescribed limits (both parties).

3) Yes, you have (except in certain exceptional cases) lost the right to sponsor anyone on EU route.

SFS2016
Newly Registered

Post by SFS2016 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:51 pm

Joint application EEA (ME), NON EU (My partner) and two Kids EEA
Time Line
Application sent: 16/03/2016
Received HO : 17/03/2016
Payment taken : 24/03/2016 Debit card
Email Received : 12/04/2016
BIO Letter recev: 15/04/2016 dated 11/04/2016 NON EU
Bio submitted : 15/04/2016 NON EU
COA Received : 25/04/2016 NON EU
DCPR : Waiting
NON EU (My partner has RC in 2008 and 2013). I had employment break in 2009 that is why he couldn't get PR in 2013. He has his RC valid till 2018.
I have a question, I submitted employment proof from 2010 till 2016. I was working part time 2010 till 2012. With annual income about 4K. But since 2012 until now full time. My partner non EU was in full time employment since 2006.
That part time employment can affect and delay in decision? We are really confused, and worried. Its about 160 days....

polyksena
Newly Registered

Post by polyksena » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:44 pm

noajthan wrote:
polyksena wrote:Hello all,

Does dependent have a current EFM RC? (with you as sponsor).

1) DCPR can be used to demonstrate settled status when naturalising in either case.

2) Yes, 5 years residence in UK; absences from UK within prescribed limits (both parties).

3) Yes, you have (except in certain exceptional cases) lost the right to sponsor anyone on EU route.
Hi, noajthan,
Thank you very much for the quick reply. My partner has a Blue Registration Certificate (with no restrictions on employment). In regards to my British Citizenship, I know that generally a British citizen cannot sponsor anyone on EU route. However, in our case, I am originally from an EU country and I have been only recently naturalised as a British citizen. In that case, isn't is possible to sponsor my partner using my EU citizenship and identity documents? Although, there is a question in the application form where the sponsor should include all citizenship...

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:00 pm

polyksena wrote:Hi, noajthan,
Thank you very much for the quick reply. My partner has a Blue Registration Certificate (with no restrictions on employment). In regards to my British Citizenship, I know that generally a British citizen cannot sponsor anyone on EU route. However, in our case, I am originally from an EU country and I have been only recently naturalised as a British citizen. In that case, isn't is possible to sponsor my partner using my EU citizenship and identity documents? Although, there is a question in the application form where the sponsor should include all citizenship...
3) Only if a certain transitional arrangment can be invoked which required parties to be married and to possess a FP or RC by certain key dates in 2012.
Not sure if it applies to unmarried partners (it may do).

Otherwise UK law (in this context) does not recognise EEA dual nationals who are also a BC as being anything but a BC.
And that is even before Brexit.

NiNa2010
Newly Registered

Post by NiNa2010 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:13 pm

axelwb wrote:Hi everyone,

#rantover
HO received mine on 20/4, took the payment on 22/4 and sent the confirmation email on 18/4. And I haven't heard back from them after that. I'm EEA national, but I'm starting to think I won't get an answer before it's been 6 months...

joycexiao
Newly Registered

Post by joycexiao » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:34 pm

updated timeline:
joycexiao wrote:Hi all,

I am a non eea family member applying PR with my French husband.
Both of us been working in UK for 8 yrs and my 5 years eea residence card is expiring in October this year.
My timeline is as below:
Docs sent: 28/07/16 (SD)
Docs received: 29/07/16
Payment taken: 01/08/16
Confirmation email: 26/08/16
Bio letter: 27/08 dated 25/08
Bio enrollment via post office: 30/08/16

COA: waiting
DCPR: waiting

polyksena
Newly Registered

Post by polyksena » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:41 pm

I see. Thank you, noajthan, for the clarification.
noajthan wrote:
polyksena wrote:Hi, noajthan,
3) Only if a certain transitional arrangment can be invoked which required parties to be married and to possess a FP or RC by certain key dates in 2012.
Not sure if it applies to unmarried partners (it may do).

Otherwise UK law (in this context) does not recognise EEA dual nationals who are also a BC as being anything but a BC.
And that is even before Brexit.

gtht

Post by gtht » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:11 pm

Got an update! Our advisor received a letter from the Home Office saying that as my daughter was only 2 years old she would be ineligible for permanent residency but they could give her a registration certificate. This certificate would be just as good when the family applies for citizenship. We just had to send an email kindly asking for them to consider her for a registration certificate instead.

I'm hoping as they went through all of this work they were ok with the rest of the application and we will hear good news soon! Will keep you posted.

EU DCPR Timeline
Docs sent: 11/05/2016
Docs received: 12/05/2016
Payment taken: 16/05/2016
Passport requested: 16/05/2016
Confirmation email: N/A
Passport requested again: 01/06/2016
Passport received: 07/07/2016
HO requested info: 30/08/2016
DCPR dated: ....
DCPR received: ...
Total time: 110 days so far...

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:21 pm

gtht wrote:Got an update! Our advisor received a letter from the Home Office saying that as my daughter was only 2 years old she would be ineligible for permanent residency but they could give her a registration certificate. This certificate would be just as good when the family applies for citizenship. We just had to send an email kindly asking for them to consider her for a registration certificate instead.

I'm hoping as they went through all of this work they were ok with the rest of the application and we will hear good news soon! Will keep you posted.

A RC is not a PRC or DCPR. It is only really valid on day of issue and does not confirm settled status.

Where was child born?

gtht

Post by gtht » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:32 pm

noajthan wrote:
gtht wrote:Got an update! Our advisor received a letter from the Home Office saying that as my daughter was only 2 years old she would be ineligible for permanent residency but they could give her a registration certificate. This certificate would be just as good when the family applies for citizenship. We just had to send an email kindly asking for them to consider her for a registration certificate instead.

A RC is not a PRC or DCPR. It is only really valid on day of issue and does not confirm settled status.

Where was child born?
She was born in the UK and has lived here all her life.

Thanks.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:46 pm

gtht wrote:
noajthan wrote:

Where was child born?
She was born in the UK and has lived here all her life.

Thanks.
In that case the helpline is partly right but with the wrong explanation.
A RC does not suffice for PRC/DCPR.

A child born in UK does not need settled status (PR).
Such a child is entitled to register as a citizen under s 1(3) of BNA once at least one parent acquires settled status (PR).

She can apply to register as a citizen even before parents apply to naturalise.
How cool is that.

gtht

Post by gtht » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:34 pm

That's great! We can get her a passport in no time. Thanks for the insight, noajthan!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:43 pm

gtht wrote:That's great! We can get her a passport in no time. Thanks for the insight, noajthan!
You (one parent) needs PR status.
Passport is a further application. After successful registration.