ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:17 pm

Indianlonly wrote:So now it take almost 8 mother :( thats well annoying. better apply for BC after 6 years instead wasting year for Pr tho.
yep in some cases it takes over 6 months.
You cannot apply for BC directly unless you are on PR or ILR for 12 months whether you are an EU citizen or not.

liquidweb

Post by liquidweb » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:23 am

Indianlonly wrote:So now it take almost 8 mother :( thats well annoying. better apply for BC after 6 years instead wasting year for Pr tho.
If you can prove it and if you are prepared for the wait. Yes you can. It takes on an average around 8 months without PR (since they will have to see your documentary proof and almost do a thorough check as they would have done in case of PR). If you have PR, then it is done within 4 months. But you are right. There is no point in the PR and go straight for BC.

liquidweb

Post by liquidweb » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:21 am

Hi All,

HO has responded to my FOI request for EEA(PR) data since introduction of biometrics with the following:

In relation to the information covering the period March 2015 to July 2015, I can confirm that
the Home Office holds the information that you requested. However, after careful
consideration we have decided that the information is exempt from disclosure under section
36(2)(c) of the Freedom of Information Act. This provides that information can be withheld
where disclosure would prejudice the effective conduct of public affairs and the public
interest falls in favour of applying the exemption.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:42 am

liquidweb wrote:Hi All,

HO has responded to my FOI request for EEA(PR) data since introduction of biometrics with the following:

In relation to the information covering the period March 2015 to July 2015, I can confirm that
the Home Office holds the information that you requested. However, after careful
consideration we have decided that the information is exempt from disclosure under section
36(2)(c) of the Freedom of Information Act. This provides that information can be withheld
where disclosure would prejudice the effective conduct of public affairs and the public
So that means they were not that efficient during that period :) I have not heard that many PRs issued during that period. HO's taking it very slowly...

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:55 am

Actually I have not heard any PRs issued for non-EUs since the biometrics application introduced. That could be the reason why HO do not want to release the data...

olegunna
Newly Registered

Post by olegunna » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:07 pm

Hi Forza,

Considering that you are still waiting for yours having applied before the biometrics were introduced, I would say those are a bit further down the line.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:47 pm

Forza_RC wrote:

So that means they were not that efficient during that period :) I have not heard that many PRs issued during that period. HO's taking it very slowly...
Hi Guys,
I have been looking at many other forums and there is no sign that the HO has issued any new biometric PR yet, but still why don't they want to release the data, just not to prove how slowly they are processing the applications? Last time i have called them they told me PR cards are taking between 4 to 6 months, which basically means before 4 months, but the problem is every time you call a different person tells you a different story, its not very reliable.

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:52 pm

Just to update my status
Today received biometric letter dated 17 August.
Application sent 7 August
HO received 10 August
Biometric letter received 20 August dated 17 August
Coa waiting
Pr waiting....

Can I request my passport back using biometric reference number plz?

Arequipa1
Newly Registered

Post by Arequipa1 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:08 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum, it is good to know that I am not the only one waiting for such a long time.

I applied for an EEA PR as family member (surinder singh route) on the 21 March 2015, £55 fee taken on the 2nd April, received my COA on the 9th April and received an email of application received on the 10th of April.

I applied before the biometrics were introduced and i assume this is the reason of delay.

Hopefully i get the PR soon.

Artur111
Russia

PR application - successful

Post by Artur111 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:38 am

Hi Forza,
I've been silent reader of your thread for the last months.
I'm here to share good news, I received my PR yesterday 20th of August.

My timeline:
19 Mar '15 - Docs send
20 Mar '15 - Docs received by HO
24 Mar '15 - Acknowledgment e-mail
02 Apr '15 - COA received with right to work
01 May '15 - Requested pasport back for work trip
12 May '15 - Passport Received
20 Aug '15 - PR received, dated 17 Aug '15

I retained my right to reside in April 2014 after having my divorce finalized in January same year.
If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them.

Albert Einstein

olegunna
Newly Registered

Re: PR application - successful

Post by olegunna » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:37 am

Artur111 wrote:Hi Forza,

My timeline:
19 Mar '15 - Docs send

I retained my right to reside in April 2014 after having my divorce finalized in January same year.
Congrats Artur111 5 months exactly. Well Forza it would appear that you should hear from them by month end

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:54 pm

My timeline:
19 Mar '15 - Docs send
01 May '15 - Requested passport back for work trip

Hello Artur111, congratulations! :) That's a very good news. Thanks for sharing your timeline with us. And I encourage other "silent readers" out there to share their timelines with us :) that would be very useful to hear.

I think I should expect good news from HO end of this month as I applied 1 week later than you. So fingers crossed! May I ask if you had a valid visa to travel abroad when you requested back your passport? Did you travel within the EU?

Artur111
Russia

Post by Artur111 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:32 pm

Thanks,
I hope your PR will be coming next week as our timelines not that different at all.
Yes, I had valid RC when I requested my passport back as I had retained my right to reside in 2014 and subseqently was granted new RC till 2019.
I didn't travel to Europe, I had two work trips - one to the U.S. and second one to Singapore - and while crossing the UK border I had no problem at all. Just once I mentioned that I had retained my right to reside and was advised to use EU line next time.

Albert Einstein

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:11 am

My timeline:
19 Mar '15 - Docs send

Congratulations mate
I sent my application two weeks ago and I have just provided my biometric today and waiting my Coa based the ror last year too
Could you tell me please what documents had you submitted?
Had you sent same documents ror plus your treaty right since or only you treaty right plus the ror letter please?

Map25
Newly Registered

Post by Map25 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:46 am

Hi forza,

I'm non EEA national had applied for EEA (PR). My timeline is as follows:

Date of application: 7 July
Payment had been taken: 10 July
Biometric letter received: 3 August (send on same day)
Waiting for COA:

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:33 am

Map25 wrote:Hi forza,

I'm non EEA national had applied for EEA (PR). My timeline is as follows:

Date of application: 7 July
Payment had been taken: 10 July
Biometric letter received: 3 August (send on same day)
Waiting for COA:
Hi Map25, thanks for sharing your timeline with us.
I hope you will receive your PR earlier than expected. I hope changing the old application system to biometrics application will speed up the process.
Please drop a line if you hear anything from HO :) Have a nice weekend!

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:35 am

olegunna wrote:

My timeline:
19 Mar '15 - Docs send

Congrats Artur111 5 months exactly. Well Forza it would appear that you should hear from them by month end
Fingers crossed :) It's been a long wait...

Leo9999
Newly Registered

Post by Leo9999 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:03 pm

Hello,
I need some advice please.

I am a French National. I came to the UK as a child in 1983 and in 1989 I was granted ILR*. In 1999 I applied for and successfully became a British National. I now have both French and British nationalities.

I married in 2003 to a Pakistani National, who came to the UK in April 1999, and he received his 5 year visa as a spouse of a French national, as I was advised due to not having British passport, only British nationality, it would be easier to apply through the EU French route, which it was. He was subject to the restriction that he could not access public funds, but myself as a British national, I did as I was not working and had my children in the years 2004, 2006 and 2009.

In July 2008 we applied for permanent residence, but got refused due to my lack of working and claiming benefits and lack of understanding as to how to complete the form required and which paperwork was necessary. We appealed, but due to lack of time and preparation by our representing solicitor, we withdrew the appeal in April 2010. So my husband was without visa or residence permit between April-June 2010 when we again just applied for the 5 year visa in June 2010, which came through in November 2010. In the space between 2008-2010 my husband could not work due to lack of paperwork and if we had requested his passport back, Home Office said this would delay the case.

*Also, I need to mention that in 1989 I was issued an ILR as a stamp in my French passport.I only stumbled upon this whilst my mother was having a clear-out and was about to throw everything away!

After reading thoroughly through the PR Guide and Booklet as well as referring to other online forums and groups, I have come to understand this, but please do correct me if I am wrong:

Due to my 1989 ILR, which represents today's PR, if I were to apply for my husband's PR, I only need to provide our IDs, my 1989 ILR, proof of residence in the UK for the past 5 years, childrens' birth certificates and the completed form with payment. I do not need to submit employment details for the past 5 years.

I have completed the PR form and have added all the supporting documents required. Here is a list:

My French ID card
photos ( 2 x husband, 1 x mine)
Husband's passports (all previous)
My old 1989 passport (with ILR PR stamp)
Marriage certificate
3 x children's birth certificates
My naturalisation certificate
5 year tenancy agreements
5 years tax credit awards letters
5 years council tax bill letters (showing proof of residence and proof of Council Tax Reduction received)
2012-present of rent statements (from local authority which also shows proof of housing benefit received)

I have 2 questions:

1. Is the above list of documents enough? Something is missing or not necessary?

2. My husband has an outstanding County Court Judgement, would this create a problem in his application as this judgement only came about when he was not working during the 2 years of 2008-2010 when we were awaiting outcome from the Home Office?

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

p.s. have been reading some posts for a while and would love to get a response from seniors in this forum.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:59 pm

olegunna wrote:Hi Forza,

Considering that you are still waiting for yours having applied before the biometrics were introduced, I would say those are a bit further down the line.
Hi olegunna, I think the average waiting time for PR for non-EU applicants is about 4,5 - 5 months this year. It used to be even worse in previous years and then HO slightly improved this waiting time last year and then it got worse again. They released this data actually end of this year showing that most of the applicants received their PRs in less than 3 months in 3rd and 4th quarter of last year.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:31 pm

sidcostas wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:

Hi Guys,
I have been looking at many other forums and there is no sign that the HO has issued any new biometric PR yet, but still why don't they want to release the data, just not to prove how slowly they are processing the applications? Last time i have called them they told me PR cards are taking between 4 to 6 months, which basically means before 4 months, but the problem is every time you call a different person tells you a different story, its not very reliable.
Hi sidcostas, did you manage to speak with a case worker when you called them? Which number did you actually ring?

saramarcs
Newly Registered

Post by saramarcs » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:49 pm

Hi guys,
I am about to apply for my PR too, my actual RC expires on February next year but my partner and I are doing our 5th anniversary now on September. I am Brazilian and my partner is Italian, as she doesn't have her PR yet (actually she had one but expired some year ago) we are wondering if we can apply together. I have read that it is possible but I can't understand what to do. Before the requirement was sending one form each but know if I am not wrong we can apply in the same form, is that correct? If yes then, should I (non-European) apply as the main applicant and add her as my family member or in reverse?
Sorry about the questions but I am a bit lost with the changes.
Thank you very much guys and I hope yours PR come soon.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:22 am

clacar wrote:
Forza_RC wrote:
clacar wrote:Hi Forza and other people waiting for more than 4 months!,
That really is crazy that you've been waiting for this length of time. Mine was a peculiar wait too.. because EU usually is just a month or two, so yeah there are anomalies.. I see also that Imran.. was waiting for 5 months with application at the beginniing of March, so my theory about having set aside a couple of people may well be true. Anyway, I really hope your wait and of course that of others will soon be over. I should have a look at another forum regarding appeals by EU. Will be interesting to find out about waits 2015. Anyway, I think this is pretty much my last post. I think that getting permament residency should be a lot easier and more efficient. The movement of people who have lived in a country and speak the language should be answered spammer, after all it is also of course an advantage for the UK to be getting new people who have already adapted to the culture. To wait for 5 months to get a residency document is too long and to then have to pay 1000 pounds to become naturalised is ridiculous. In Germany it costs 150 Euros as Eu and without intermediary steps of residence. Best of luck to everyone!
Hi clacar, I absolutely agree with what you have written above regarding the waiting times. I think it's the Britain's strict policy on immigration. But one thing I struggle to understand and frustrated is that why EU citizens' applications are considered / PRs issued in less than 2 months "normally" but non-EU ones are almost up to 5-6 months, in some cases even longer...non-eu applicants are usually sponsored by their eu family member / spouse - like in my case. And on top of this long waiting timeline there is no fast track or prime "paid" service (or in person application) which is offered in other visa categories - which would have made especially frequent business travellers lifes' a lot easier. Anyway we can't really do anything but just share the ideas with each other here. I hope HO staff read this forum and "get some feedback" on their poor services.
Hi Forza,
Yep. Why should it take longer for non-EU? It's a question of having met the stipulations and if that is the case, there should be no discrepancy between EU and non-EU. I suppose there is a pact, long-standing, between EU members, so that is certainly an argument. But that is not the real point. It's an objective fact that people are offered residency regardless of EU or non-EU, so where does the improved service for EU come from? It's not fair, definitely. Above that and most importantly, how can it possibly take 5 months to answer a query? OK so there are more non-EU applications? I have no idea, but still you have to adapt to that, since after all it makes a difference for people's lives! and the plan is in place to reside, so why are they taking this amount of time - ok so economically you could say well it's the money. But people are paying for the application! You also say that there should be a paid service, which there isn't for non-EU, again not fair. Yes I noticed you travelled for work, HOW ANNOYING! Yep it would be a good idea with the quantity of text in this forum if a mass-mail could be sent to the members who then sign a petition for waiting times for visas, I mean let's get real here, 5 months is half a year and compared with other EU countries, it's a no-go situation. It's stange, in particular, that despite fact that you have given plenty of evidence, your application takes longer, I mean strange in the sense of purely subjective. The same was the case with my application as it became. There was no reason why mine should take longer, so again there should be a service when 3 months are over, because the waiting time has got silly. What- you can't contact them even by EMAIL? until after 6 months? What and you don't even know if your passport is still in one piece? Yep real issue again. So there definitely needs to be overhaul of this procedure! And that is a fact.
Hi clacar, any updates from your end? Did you appeal the decision made on your case?
I'm still waiting :) it's like a joke.

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:32 am

saramarcs wrote:Hi guys,
I am about to apply for my PR too, my actual RC expires on February next year but my partner and I are doing our 5th anniversary now on September. I am Brazilian and my partner is Italian, as she doesn't have her PR yet (actually she had one but expired some year ago) we are wondering if we can apply together. I have read that it is possible but I can't understand what to do. Before the requirement was sending one form each but know if I am not wrong we can apply in the same form, is that correct? If yes then, should I (non-European) apply as the main applicant and add her as my family member or in reverse?
Sorry about the questions but I am a bit lost with the changes.
Thank you very much guys and I hope yours PR come soon.
Yes you can apply with the same form. Have you downloaded and read the application form actually? It explains everything on the application form. You can do both (you main applicant or reverse).

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Arequipa1 wrote:Hi,

I am new to this forum, it is good to know that I am not the only one waiting for such a long time.

I applied for an EEA PR as family member (surinder singh route) on the 21 March 2015, £55 fee taken on the 2nd April, received my COA on the 9th April and received an email of application received on the 10th of April.

I applied before the biometrics were introduced and i assume this is the reason of delay.

Hopefully i get the PR soon.
Hi Arequipa1, any updates from your side? I applied for my PR 5 days after you applied apparently. I'm still waiting. No news from HO yet.

mullos
Newly Registered

Post by mullos » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:46 am

Hi - hoping someone can help with next course of action - submitted my EEA(PR) and yet to receive anythng back.

28 July '15 - Docs sent
29 July '15 - Docs received & Signed by HO Durham
30 July '15 - Payment taken
Nothing since - no Acknowledgement e-mail, no Biometric letter.
I have just sent called HO and they advised send an email to eurobiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Has this happened to anyone else?
thanks in advance!