ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sidcostas

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by sidcostas » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:12 pm

flexcyb wrote:Unfortunately my COA didnt include any right to work for me..
I find it very strange that I got the COA and Biometric letter at the same time. I am surely not complaining about it. I really hope it is a good sign of getting my PR sooner.. I hope you get yours soon. I have noticed that the average waiting time is 4 months. So Hopefully some good news for you soon.

Hi @ flexcyb, This letter you have received with your biometric letter is just to confirm the HO have received your application, your COA with right to work will follow around 10 days after submitting your biometrics, Same happen to me, got confirmation then biometric letter then 10 days after biometrics i got my COA with rights to work.
Keep us updated.

lloydq2
Newly Registered

Post by lloydq2 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:05 pm

k7bs wrote:
lloydq2 wrote:hi everyone,
I have got some scenario disturbing me a lot and i would like to share. i am 26 from ghana. i have lived with my mother who is italian from 2006 then moved to the uk with my mother on an entry clarence visa. i was gievn a residence card for 5 years as an extended family member because i was over 21 the time i did the application. my mother and i have lived in the uk all these while working. my question is; i moved from my mother's house in 2012, will that affect my permanent residence card which is due very soon. i have been calling lawyers on phone and they are telling me i shouldnt have moved out rather stay with my mum for the whole 5 yrs period, is that true? i am very confused and i don't know what to do.

note: my mother and i have lived and worked for the whole 5 yrs period with no breaks at all :cry: :cry:
Before I start I am sorry to hear that this is your situation and your lawyer was partially correct in saying that but there's a way around it. As an older dependant over 21 on your mum who is your sponsor, you will need to show that you have been solely financially dependant on her for the qualifying 5 years. This includes regular monthly transfers from her account to your account, prove you live at the same address where she pays the bills, rents or owns [not necessary but it helps and makes the process easier] and receipts of any type of expenses she covers for you (in the case of students accommodation costs, books, food and basic essentials).
Once you start working and earning your own money then it becomes harder to even qualify but in the new forms there is nothing on there to declare if you have ever worked so I think you'll be able to get away with this if you have all the necessary documents mentioned above.
It is not necessary to live in the same house as your mum but it is helps a lot if that is the case.
I think you should start passing your letters (from about 3 or 4 sources) through your mum's address.
Secondly, if you have got any bills she has paid for you even in your own place, receipts of any type of expenses she has covered for you throughout the past years you lived away or at home with your mum add that to your application. Ideally you are here because you are a "dependant" and are "21 and over" therefore you are self-insufficient and rely on her to take care of your basic needs.
If you don't have any of these documents start now!! If PR application is unsuccessful you may receive another RC and this time do it right! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your application

Hi,
thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. not to go against your opinions on my matter, i am yet to see anywhere that says the family member should be dependent for the whole 5 yrs. i was not issued 5 yrs to be dependent on her rather i was issued when i was a dependant then after i could live freely.according to my research and witnessed applications nothing states that. the only thing that could be considered not to issue the PR is not to exercise treaty right. and besides she is my mother not my wife so the situation is different.
i have been to a solicitor today and he is demanding for £750 to process the application which he believe it is possible to get the PR but rather trying to tell me it is almost impossible. if it is impossible why is he asking me to pay that money? I know people who never lived with their EEA national nor been dependants in the 5 yrs have been granted and issued with PRs. it does not make any sense to say i was issued with 5yrs residence card to be dependent.i will file the application myself and see how it goes..
thank you again

saramarcs
Newly Registered

Post by saramarcs » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:44 am

Hi guys, I have I doubt in one question regarding the biometric section. It looks very simple but parentesis part make it seems ambiguous to me. It is the follow:

10. Have you, or has any non-EEA family member included in this application, had your/their fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application made in the UK or abroad (including for an EEA family permit)?

Is it about fingerprints just taken on EEA family permit or can be any other kind of application? Ej.: for student visa.

If some one could help me with that question it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

olegunna
Newly Registered

Post by olegunna » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:42 am

saramarcs wrote:Hi guys, I have I doubt in one question regarding the biometric section. It looks very simple but parentesis part make it seems ambiguous to me. It is the follow:

10. Have you, or has any non-EEA family member included in this application, had your/their fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK immigration application made in the UK or abroad (including for an EEA family permit)?

Is it about fingerprints just taken on EEA family permit or can be any other kind of application? Ej.: for student visa.

Thanks.
Hi Saramarcs,

Any UK immigration application including EEA family permit, so all. That's my understanding.

IvIalik
Newly Registered

Post by IvIalik » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:03 am

Misssomer wrote:Hey Guys,

I'm new here however I would like to say a big Congratulations to all of the members who have already received their PR cards. Well Done!

I visit this forum all the time, and I think it is a great little community. I would like to share my details with you as well.

Received my first EEA Family Permit in May 2010. In 2013 I retained my right of residence after divorce. I have sent my application for a confirmation of my Permanent Resident Status in May 2015 as follow (after 5 years of my ex husband excersing treaty rights (3 years + a few months up to the date of my divorce) and my excersing treaty rights (for almost 2 years on my own between 2013 and 2015):

Application sent: 12/05/2015
Received by the Home Office: 13/05/2015
Biometrics Letter Received: 25/05/2015
Biometrics Enrolled: 29/05/2015
COA Received: 05/06/2015
PR Card Received: Still Waiting

It's been literally 4 months now, and I must say that the wait is absolutely awful. Has anyone else sent their applications in May 2015?

Fingers Crossed...
Hi there its same cass with me .. But i have just applied on 17 september .. Haven't heard any thing yet

Daviard
Newly Registered

Post by Daviard » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:01 am

Hello all,

Here is my friend's timeline:
Documents sent in April (didn't mention the date)
COA dated 11th May
Resident card issued - 16th September (confirmation letter)
Received passport back - 23rd September
Permanent resident card is on its way!
Non EU

Good luck to everyone!!! :)

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:24 am

Good Morning everyone.

If anyone applied in April please come forward and share your timeline.
I have Applied on 30 of april and I'm still waiting for my PR. Most people have been between 5 months and 5 months and 2 weeks, so i think mine is very close to be sent to me. I will keep everyone updated. Biometrics were supposed to speed the process up but it doesn't seem to be happening, so far i have only confirmation of 1 member receiving Biometric PR.
Share your timelines and we can work out the average times.
Good day everyone.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:28 am

Daviard wrote:Hello all,

COA dated 11th May
Non EU

Hi @ Daviard,

Thank you for sharing your friend timeline with us, the current average time keeps at around 5 months. I have applied on 30 of April so i think my PR card must be coming very soon, Would you please ask which day he has applied in April? So then we can have an idea of which applications they are processing. What is your timeline @ Daviard? Look forward to hear back from you.

liquidweb

Post by liquidweb » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:43 am

All,

If you are interested a new FOI request has been answered. https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing_time_2

This sort of explains why we had a massive queue for Feb 2015. Seems to me after Biometrics were introduced, the average monthly EEA4/EEA(PR) applications dropped significantly and is about 150 on average. Hopefully that means now that April applications are being seen, the processing is bound to be a breeze. I am expecting:

April to get all cleared by mid of October
May and June all to get cleared by end of October

Let us all hope for the best.

Daviard
Newly Registered

Post by Daviard » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:10 am

sidcostas wrote:

COA dated 11th May
Non EU

Hi @ Daviard,

Thank you for sharing your friend timeline with us, the current average time keeps at around 5 months. I have applied on 30 of April so i think my PR card must be coming very soon, Would you please ask which day he has applied in April? So then we can have an idea of which applications they are processing. What is your timeline @ Daviard? Look forward to hear back from you.
Hello sidcostas,

She doesn't know the date. Her solicitor was dealing with her case. Approximately it was between 10th and 15th of April.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:35 am

Daviard wrote:
sidcostas wrote:

COA dated 11th May
Non EU

Hi @ Daviard,

Hello sidcostas,

She doesn't know the date. Her solicitor was dealing with her case. Approximately it was between 10th and 15th of April.

Thank you very much @ Daviard, so she was probably waiting exactly 5 months. I will keep you all updated, if anybody there applied in April, please share your timeline.

harmeetsingh

Post by harmeetsingh » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:58 pm

Hello everyone.

I sent my application on 30 April. Received by HO 1st may. It will be 5 months in 6 days and no news yet. I will keep you guys update.

Regards

saramarcs
Newly Registered

Post by saramarcs » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:45 pm

olegunna wrote:
saramarcs wrote:Hi guys, I have I doubt in one question regarding the biometric section. It looks very simple but parentesis part make it seems ambiguous to me. It is the follow:

Thanks.
Hi Saramarcs,

Any UK immigration application including EEA family permit, so all. That's my understanding.
Olegunna, than you very much for your opinion, so relly appreciate that. Most of the people I have asked understood in the same way, however what makes me confuse is the "including" in the parentesis. Anyway, will give them the information and they decided if is relevant or not. Once more, thank you very much.

nikicibaba
Newly Registered

Post by nikicibaba » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:24 am

Postby k7bs » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:29 pm

nikicibaba wrote:

k7bs » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:23 pm
nikicibaba wrote:
Hi All, (updates)

My wife (EEA national) sent EEA PR application, she is been in UK since 2009, and working full time since Jan 2010.

Time line
App sent: 4th Aug
received: 5th Aug (register delivery)
Money taken: 7th Aug
Email acknowledgment received: 13th Aug
COA: never received
PR: Received today 02/09/15 dated 28/08/15

Hope Forza and all other members waiting receive their PR shortly.
Hi nikicibaba, I would like to ask one question.. did your wife also get her PR in the form of a biometric residence permit card as well?

Hi K7bs,

No it was not biometric card, it was blue card with 6 pages with stamps of permanent resident. Similar to registration certificate if you have seen one.
Thanks for the info nikicibaba. I do know what you are talking about. Was this because her passport was requested back? My mum would want to have hers as a separate document that's why, she is an eu national but if it's a standard then that's even better.
Hi K7bs,

No the passport was not requested back, maybe it is standard for EU national. Maybe some other EU members can confirm how they received the PR. Update us once your mum receive her PR

Teegold
Newly Registered

Post by Teegold » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:15 am

Hi all!
I have been a silent follower of the forum and I must say that you guys are indeed doing a very good job. I applied for my PR a couple of months ago and to God be the glory I received my biometric PR card yesterday. I felt it's necessary I post my time line as this will give hope to people who have been waiting endlessly just like me...it was a long wait but it's worth it in the end. This is my story. ......
PR application sent to HO on 26th may
Acknowledgement letter received dated ist of may
Certificate of application received dated 26th of may
Biometrics req letter dated 11 of may
PR card received yesterday and was approved on 21st of October.

Am wishing everyone that is waiting the very best of luck just remain positive and it will surely come.

Teegold
Newly Registered

Post by Teegold » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:19 am

Apologies guys!!! Date of issue of the PR is 21st September!!!!

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:20 am

Teegold wrote:Hi all!
I have been a silent follower of the forum and I must say that you guys are indeed doing a very good job. I applied for my PR a couple of months ago and to God be the glory I received my biometric PR card yesterday. I felt it's necessary I post my time line as this will give hope to people who have been waiting endlessly just like me...it was a long wait but it's worth it in the end. This is my story. ......
PR application sent to HO on 26th may
Acknowledgement letter received dated ist of may
Certificate of application received dated 26th of may
Biometrics req letter dated 11 of may
PR card received yesterday and was approved on 21st of October.

Am wishing everyone that is waiting the very best of luck just remain positive and it will surely come.
Your timeline doesn't sound right

Teegold
Newly Registered

Post by Teegold » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:27 am

Apologies for the Typographical errors .
Application sent 26th April
Acknowledgement received ist of may
Biometrics request 11th of may
COA letter 26th may
PR card issued on 21st Sept and received yesterday

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:54 pm

Teegold wrote:Apologies for the Typographical errors .
COA letter 26th may
Hi @ teegold, thank you very much for sharing your time line!
I have applied just 4 days after you! So I should be getting my PR card this coming week! You mentioned that your PR card was issued on 21 September, when did you get your passport back with the approval letter? And do you already have the PR card with you or only the approval letter? Thanks in advance xx

Teegold
Newly Registered

Post by Teegold » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:59 pm

@Sidcostas
I received the approval letter and Biometrics card on Friday, was surprised I got both same day contrary to what i read online that you get the approval letter first and the Biometrics card will follow. Hopefully yours is on the way. fingers crossed for you. Best wishes.

IvIalik
Newly Registered

Post by IvIalik » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:06 pm

Hi there i have sent my application for Pr after 5 years of marriage and i was on ROR and i sent it on16 sept and received by HO on 17 sept .. And today is 26th sept .. I haven't heard any thing .. No payment been taken and no letter received.. Any idea how long they take for payment and for letter thanks

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:53 am

Payment normally takes 2-3days. You should contact them. 10days is too long. Did you send a cheques? If yes, then I think it may be pretty normal.

IvIalik
Newly Registered

Post by IvIalik » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:05 am

I have given card details .. So is there any number i can contact ? Or shall i keep waiting?

Misssomer
Newly Registered

Post by Misssomer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:14 pm

COA letter 26th may
Hey Teegold, well done.

Still waiting for mine to arrive. Will keep everybody posted.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Misssomer wrote:
COA letter 26th may
Hey Teegold, well done.

Still waiting for mine to arrive. Will keep everybody posted.
Hi @ Missomer, what is your timeline?