ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sidcostas

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by sidcostas » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:38 am

sidcostas wrote:
Misssomer wrote:
Teegold wrote:Apologies for the Typographical errors .
Application sent 26th April
Acknowledgement received ist of may
Biometrics request 11th of may
COA letter 26th may
PR card issued on 21st Sept and received yesterday
Hey Teegold, well done.

Still waiting for mine to arrive. Will keep everybody posted.
Hi @ Missomer, what is your timeline?

HI @ Teegold, Could you please let us know which documents you have submitted with your PR application please.

Thank you ever so much. I'm expecting to get my PR this week as i have applied just 4 days after you.
Thank you...

harmeetsingh

Post by harmeetsingh » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:22 pm

Hello guys,

Just wanted to share my time line. Sent application on 30th April and received by HO on 1st May. Received Passport back on 28th Sep. Received BRP today dated 24th Sep. Its been a long journey to PR but finally its over. Next step is British Citizenship after a year.

Good luck to everyone waiting.

olegunna
Newly Registered

Post by olegunna » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:30 pm

harmeetsingh wrote:Hello guys,

Just wanted to share my time line. Sent application on 30th April and received by HO on 1st May. Received Passport back on 28th Sep. Received BRP today dated 24th Sep. Its been a long journey to PR but finally its over. Next step is British Citizenship after a year.

Congrats harmeetsingh. Looks like things are moving quickly at HO

zeb77

Post by zeb77 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:15 pm

olegunna wrote:

congratulations and goodluck.no news from sidcosta hope he too must have received .

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi @ harmeetsingh, congratulations, very good news, I have also sent my application on 30 of april but I haven't received mine yet. what day is your COA with right to work dated? Im hoping to receive my PR this week too.

I will keep everyone updated.
:)

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:52 pm

sidcostas wrote:

Hi @ harmeetsingh, congratulations, very good news, I have also sent my application on 30 of april but I haven't received mine yet. what day is your COA with right to work dated? Im hoping to receive my PR this week too.
I will keep everyone updated.
:)
also did the HO used the envelope you sent to send your passport back?

IvIalik
Newly Registered

Post by IvIalik » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:45 am

Can any body help me .. I have sent my application to ho for PR on 16 sep and they received on 17 sep .. But its 30 sept now .. Still no response .. No money has been taken from my visa card .. Just worried about application

harmeetsingh

Post by harmeetsingh » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:52 am

Dear Friends,

Thanks a lot for such wonderful wishes. This forum has been helpful for me from the begining of my journey to PR.
Dear Sidcostas, I don't remember the exact day for COA but my COA arrived within 2 weeks and biometrics were submitted around 25th of may as well. So these steps were very quick for me.

I forget to send any prepaid envelop for return of documents.LOL. but documents arrived preety quickly.

I will be more than happy to share any information. I looks like application from end of march and beginning of mag are being finalised.

Regards

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:33 am

harmeetsingh wrote:Dear Friends,

Thanks a lot for such wonderful wishes. This forum has been helpful for me from the begining of my journey to PR.
Dear Sidcostas, I don't remember the exact day for COA but my COA arrived within 2 weeks and biometrics were submitted around 25th of may as well. So these steps were very quick for me.

I forget to send any prepaid envelop for return of documents.LOL. but documents arrived preety quickly.

I will be more than happy to share any information. I looks like application from end of march and beginning of mag are being finalised.

Regards
Dear @ harmeetsingh, Thanks for sharing your timeline, I also received biometrics letter after 2 weeks of application, submitted biometrics on 16 of may and got my COA with right to work dated 27 of may.
I have done a lot of trips this last 5 years and even had to renew my passport as I had no more space to place any stamps anymore, I'm wondering if this is delaying my application as they are probably counting the days i was out of the UK, even tho i made a list of every trip. @ harmeetsingh could you let me know which documents you have submitted please.

Thanks in advance

hughie33
Newly Registered

Post by hughie33 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:40 pm

Hi Everyone

I'm sorting out the last bits for my wife's EEA(PR) and am a bit confused about a few final points, especially after reading a few comments on-line. it has being quite complicated because of my employment history... Employed, self employed sole trader and ltd company.

1. I read somewhere that she would have to do the Life in the UK Test and prove knowledge of English, but there is nothing mentioned on the application form or guidance about this, so is this the case?

2. I am applying just for her, I am an EEA national (Irish) and she is Japanese, I have read a few comments about the EEA national applying at the same time, is this something I should do?

I only have a few days before her Family member EEA national residence card runs out, so need to keep on top of this

Thanks

Hugh

skips66
Newly Registered

Post by skips66 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:59 pm

hughie33 wrote:Hi Everyone

I'm sorting out the last bits for my wife's EEA(PR) and am a bit confused about a few final points, especially after reading a few comments on-line. it has being quite complicated because of my employment history... Employed, self employed sole trader and ltd company.

1. I read somewhere that she would have to do the Life in the UK Test and prove knowledge of English, but there is nothing mentioned on the application form or guidance about this, so is this the case?

2. I am applying just for her, I am an EEA national (Irish) and she is Japanese, I have read a few comments about the EEA national applying at the same time, is this something I should do?

I only have a few days before her Family member EEA national residence card runs out, so need to keep on top of this

Thanks

Hugh
Hi Hughie

The Life in the UK test is not a part of the EEA(PR) application and so does not need to be completed beforehand.

It has been suggested that if the EEA national applies for PR and includes the non EEA national as a family member on the same application then the application will be approved faster. So although not a necessary thing to do it may help speed things up. Some have suggested it has taken only 2 months.
The processing time for non EEA applicants is currently around 5 months.

Hope this helps.

May in England
Newly Registered

Post by May in England » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:05 pm

skips66 wrote:
hughie33 wrote:Hi Everyone

[...]

Thanks

Hugh
Hi Hughie

[...]
It has been suggested that if the EEA national applies for PR and includes the non EEA national as a family member on the same application then the application will be approved faster. So although not a necessary thing to do it may help speed things up. Some have suggested it has taken only 2 months.
The processing time for non EEA applicants is currently around 5 months.

Hope this helps.

Hi Hugh

For what is worth, considering we applied the first week of the biometric cards, which might have been the problem, our joint application took exactly 5.5 months. It was a nice, simple and straightforward situation (still happily married, both of us without any break in employment, and I was even a permanent resident since before our marriage).

But as I said, the new biometric cards might have been the glitch.

Best,
Maria

harmeetsingh

Post by harmeetsingh » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:18 pm

Dear Sidcostas,
Regarding the travel dates, I also sent detailed list of all the days spent outside UK and about my travel history. some of my trips were as long as 2 months. So I don't think so that this will have any effect on decision time. I think you should be receiving it soon. I submitted the following documents-

My Non- EU Passport
My Wife's EU Passport
Our Marriage Certificate
My Wife's 5 year payslips and P60
My wife's employment contract and employer letter.
5 Year Bank statement of mine and my wife( Proof of living together)
And various letters showing the proof of address.

I also sent life in UK test and esol certificate which was not required but I sent as additional document.

That was it. Heads up dear. I strongly believe that yous is on the way.

Regards
sidcostas wrote:

Regards
Dear @ harmeetsingh, Thanks for sharing your timeline, I also received biometrics letter after 2 weeks of application, submitted biometrics on 16 of may and got my COA with right to work dated 27 of may.
I have done a lot of trips this last 5 years and even had to renew my passport as I had no more space to place any stamps anymore, I'm wondering if this is delaying my application as they are probably counting the days i was out of the UK, even tho i made a list of every trip. @ harmeetsingh could you let me know which documents you have submitted please.

Thanks in advance

rooibos
Member of Standing

Post by rooibos » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:10 pm

olegunna wrote:

What? 6 months is "quick" now?

I used to blame Italian bureaucracy but the British one is almost as bad.

Seyishow
Newly Registered

Post by Seyishow » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Hello Gentlemen & Ladies, am a regular unregistered visitor on this wonderful forum and i gained alot in this place. So i thought of sharing my good news and also my PR timeline with everyone.

PR application sent on : 28 / 04 / 2015
Account Debited on ; 07 / 05 / 2015
Received COA on ; 05 / 06 / 2015
PR received on ; 22/ 09 / 2015

Non Eu : Married in Nov, 2009 and divorced on 28th Jan, 2014.

Eu treaty evidence ; I submitted employment documents and backed up two years with self employed docs too. i.e she was employed from November 2009 till June,2010 and became self employed from June 2010 till June 2013. She was employed again from June 2013 till April 2014. NOTE; She stopped the self employment in October, 2013.

I wish everyone of you success in your applications. Amen.

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:23 am

[quote="Seyishow"]Hello Gentlemen & Ladies, am a regular unregistered visitor on this wonderful forum and i gained alot in this place. So i thought of sharing my good news and also my PR timeline with everyone.

Eu treaty evidence ; I submitted employment documents and backed up two years with self employed docs too. i.e she was employed from November 2009 till June,2010 and became self employed from June 2010 till June 2013. She was employed again from June 2013 till April 2014. NOTE; She stopped the self employment in October, 2013.

I wish everyone of you success in your applications. Amen.[/quote]

Hello Seyishow - could you please advise which kind of documents you provided for the time EEA was self employed . I am sure that will help others in the same situation as well as enriched our own knowledge.
GOD BLESS!!!

slingo
Newly Registered

Post by slingo » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:58 am

Does anyone know for sure if the following arrangement makes the EEA spouse a "qualified person":

I'm non-EEA and I have a 5 year residency card.
I have my own business, a PLC.
My wife, who is EEA national, works for my company as a part-time employee.
She is also a director and owns a small part of the company.
Does that make her a "qualified person" for the purposes of exercising treaty rights?

Some lawyer or immigration adviser told me that it's not allowed because it creates some sort of "circular" arrangement in which I'm allowed to be in the UK, work and run my business only because my wife is a qualified person, but my wife is a qualified person only because she works for my company.

I'd appreciate any help with this situation. Thanks.

Seyishow
Newly Registered

Post by Seyishow » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi Fatimahh,

Documents submitted for EEA self employed are ;

1; I submitted N.I Contribution payment slips {few}
2; SA 302
3; A Flyer [a bit dirty, not new]
4; Accountant letter
5; Accountant prepared '' profit and loss account'' for the time she was self employed.
6; I didn't have invoice, so i submitted 3 letters from 3 different customers stating that she worked as a Domestic [residential cleaner] cleaner and also stated the date she started the cleaning work and when she stopped.
7; I submitted some bank statements and none of the bank statements shows money received from the self employed jobs. Although Bank statements shows money received when she was employed.
8; I paid tax of £130 and i submitted the payment receipt.

Thanks

slingo
Newly Registered

Post by slingo » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:15 pm

Seyishow wrote:Hello Gentlemen & Ladies, am a regular unregistered visitor on this wonderful forum and i gained alot in this place. So i thought of sharing my good news and also my PR timeline with everyone.

I wish everyone of you success in your applications. Amen.
Seyishow, did you apply as retained right of residence? If yes, can you please briefly describe the process of getting your ROR while getting divorced? I've been looking everywhere and it seems a bit confusing. For example, does your spouse need to continue exercising treaty rights after the divorce in order for you to get Permanent Residence or it doesn't matter after the divorce? Thanks.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:34 am

harmeetsingh wrote:Dear Sidcostas,
Regarding the travel dates, I also sent detailed list of all the days spent outside UK and about my travel history. some of my trips were as long as 2 months. So I don't think so that this will have any effect on decision time. I think you should be receiving it soon. I submitted the following documents-

My Non- EU Passport
My Wife's EU Passport
Our Marriage Certificate
My Wife's 5 year payslips and P60
My wife's employment contract and employer letter.
5 Year Bank statement of mine and my wife( Proof of living together)
And various letters showing the proof of address.

I also sent life in UK test and esol certificate which was not required but I sent as additional document.

That was it. Heads up dear. I strongly believe that yous is on the way.

Regards
sidcostas wrote:

Regards

Thanks in advance

Hi @ harmeetsingh, Still I haven't received my PR, I have submitted kind of the same documents as you but instead of my Prtner Passport I Have sent the EU ID card,(which is also accepted).Also 5 years P60 and the last 6 months of his Payslips, There's another member of the forum(KKBA) that has sent his application os 2 of April and only received his PR this week on the 29 of September, So i don't understand, I thought it would be issued in order of arrival. Anyway I'm still expecting to get my PR sent to me this week or next week. 5 Months is a long time to wait. I wish you all the luck, you must be so relieved. Thanks for sharing your Timeline with us :)

jerom
Newly Registered

Post by jerom » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:10 pm

Applied for PR - 11th August, 2015
Application Received - 14th August, 2015
Credit Card Charged - 20th August, 2015
Bio-metric Letter Request Dated - 24th August,2015
Bio-Metric Sent - 02nd September,2015.
COA Received - 18th September, 2015 dated 16th September 2015.

My Question is this:
I married an EU National in May 2010 applied for RC in June 2010 and was issued in September 2010.
My wife entered the UK in April 2010 and worked from April 2010 - October 2010 (7 months).
We moved home as she was due to give birth to our first child and had to stop working.
3 months after our first child she got pregnant again and didn't work until after our second child.
This means she didn't work from October 2010 to August 2012 (22 months) but I have always worked since we got married until now.
She got a new job in August 2012 and has been working since then.
Is there any possibility that I will be refused as my solicitor told me time during pregnancy & child care counts as an EU national exercising their treaty right.
Please your kind advise will be appreciated that is if you know anyone that had the same problem and was successful or not or what should I do?
Thanks.

slingo
Newly Registered

Post by slingo » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:13 pm

jerom wrote:Applied for PR - 11th August, 2015
Application Received - 14th August, 2015
Credit Card Charged - 20th August, 2015
Bio-metric Letter Request Dated - 24th August,2015
Bio-Metric Sent - 02nd September,2015.
COA Received - 18th September, 2015 dated 16th September 2015.

My Question is this:
I married an EU National in May 2010 applied for RC in June 2010 and was issued in September 2010.
My wife entered the UK in April 2010 and worked from April 2010 - October 2010 (7 months).
We moved home as she was due to give birth to our first child and had to stop working.
3 months after our first child she got pregnant again and didn't work until after our second child.
This means she didn't work from October 2010 to August 2012 (22 months) but I have always worked since we got married until now.
She got a new job in August 2012 and has been working since then.
Is there any possibility that I will be refused as my solicitor told me time during pregnancy & child care counts as an EU national exercising their treaty right.
Please your kind advise will be appreciated that is if you know anyone that had the same problem and was successful or not or what should I do?
Thanks.
I found this answered Freedom of Information request: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ent_evalua

where half way through the page the UKBA (this was written in 2011) says that:
********************************************************************************************
If an EU citizen has left her her job due to pregnancy or quits after
the birth of a child in order to become a full time carer then she is no
longer classed as a qualified person under the definition of 'worker' as
defined by the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006.
This is because she will not be actively seeking work. However, she may
be in a position to be regarded as a qualified person on the basis of
self-sufficiency as long as evidence of self-sufficiency can be provided
as detailed on regulation 4(1)(c).

A woman who has stopped work temporarily because of pregnancy or
childbirth will continue to be classed as a worker as along as she
remains subject to a contract of employment.
********************************************************************************************
It appears your solicitor is wrong. Many people on these forums, especially on the forum about EEA2 Application Timelines advise agains using solicitors. Many have had very bad experiences with them.

jerom
Newly Registered

Post by jerom » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:42 pm

Hi Slingo,

Thanks for the response as this has led me to a discovery.
Yes, you were right about the above link but that was a response from the HO in November ,2011.

A lot has happen since then and that brings me to the Case of Jessy Saint Prix a French Woman who gave up her work due to pregnancy and was deprived of benefits in 2014.

This i believe can also be used for PR purpose.

Please see below links

Case held @ The Court of Justice of the European Union, Luxembourg, 19 June 2014

http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/docs ... 0086en.pdf

http://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/d ... &cid=80488

"In all the judge Quoted "A woman who gives up work or seeking work, because of the physical constraints
of the late stages of pregnancy and the aftermath of childbirth can retain the status
of ‘worker’..To do so, she must return to work or find another job within a reasonable period after the birth of her child"

I shall be using this as my case of appeal should in case i get refused.

Thanks.

slingo
Newly Registered

Post by slingo » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:48 pm

jerom,

I hope it works for you. I read the judgment and the phrase "late stages of pregnancy and
the immediate aftermath of childbirth" appears to be a stretch for your case because your wife was out of work for 22 months versus 6 for Ms. Prix.

What I was thinking as a back up for my own application for PR (and it may work for you too) was to send a simultaneous application for RC with the whole package and include a note saying "Dear Home Office, if you chose to refuse my PR application for whatever reason, please consider also my enclosed application for another regular RC for 5 years, otherwise just ignore it." I've never heard of anybody do it, this is just my idea that I haven't researched too much yet. But it might work too and save a few months instead of applying for PR, getting refused and then applying for another regular 5-year RC.

jerom
Newly Registered

Post by jerom » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:44 pm

Hi Slingo,

I strongly believe it would work as my wife stopped working in Oct 2010, a month before giving birth to our first child in late Nov 2010.

She got pregnant again in March 2011 and gave birth to our second child in Jan 2012. During these periods she did not work or seek for a job and also never applied for Income support or Job seeker allowance as I was working and was able to take care of us. But i did not get a CSI(Comprehensive Sickness Insurance) to qualify as self sufficient.

We started looking for a job for her in May 2012 and only she got one in August 2012. She has since been working till date.

My grounds of appeal will be one, The Saint Jessy Prix Case and two, on sex discrimination.

I also thought about the option of the RC but you can only apply for one status at time.

I think if it comes to me being refused, i will appeal and in the meantime apply for another RC 5 years.

What do you think? Has anyone in this forum gone through this or knows anyone that has the same problem?

Please kindly shed some light on this matter.

Thanks all and all the best Slingo.