ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

slingo
Newly Registered

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by slingo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:37 pm

jerom wrote:Hi Slingo,

I strongly believe it would work as my wife stopped working in Oct 2010, a month before giving birth to our first child in late Nov 2010.

She got pregnant again in March 2011 and gave birth to our second child in Jan 2012. During these periods she did not work or seek for a job and also never applied for Income support or Job seeker allowance as I was working and was able to take care of us. But i did not get a CSI(Comprehensive Sickness Insurance) to qualify as self sufficient.

We started looking for a job for her in May 2012 and only she got one in August 2012. She has since been working till date.

My grounds of appeal will be one, The Saint Jessy Prix Case and two, on sex discrimination.

I also thought about the option of the RC but you can only apply for one status at time.

I think if it comes to me being refused, i will appeal and in the meantime apply for another RC 5 years.

What do you think? Has anyone in this forum gone through this or knows anyone that has the same problem?

Please kindly shed some light on this matter.

Thanks all and all the best Slingo.
I'm in a somewhat similar situation as you and I can't figure out a good way to go about it. My wife, who is an EEA national, was UNOFFICIALLY self-employed for about 1.5 years before she registered as self-employed with the HMRC, started getting her clients to pay to her bank account, writing invoices, and all the other good things that are necessary as proof for the Home Office. Before that, she was just doing her work and getting paid cash - no paperwork. We don't have practically any records of her self-employment from that time. And if we could find something that can be used as proof, that would save us 1.5 years in applying for PR. Otherwise, we have to wait until 5 years have passed from the time she started keeping good records. She did pay taxes though at the time, would that alone be enough for the Home Office? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

mullos
Newly Registered

Post by mullos » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:29 pm

MY update - been 10 weeks since I applied (2.5 months) and just received my COA.

Application sent by special delivery: 28.07.2015
Home Office received the application & signed: 29.07.2015
Application fee was taken from card: 30.07.2015
Received a confirmation email: N/A
Received Biometric Letter: 08.09.2015
Biometric Test Done 09.09.2015
Received the COA: 06.10.2015
PR status: "Anytime within the next 6 months"

Gonna be a long wait this!

slingo
Newly Registered

Post by slingo » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:44 pm

mullos wrote:MY update - been 10 weeks since I applied (2.5 months) and just received my COA.

Application sent by special delivery: 28.07.2015
Home Office received the application & signed: 29.07.2015
Application fee was taken from card: 30.07.2015
Received a confirmation email: N/A
Received Biometric Letter: 08.09.2015
Biometric Test Done 09.09.2015
Received the COA: 06.10.2015
PR status: "Anytime within the next 6 months"

Gonna be a long wait this!
Did your EEA spouse apply for PR also? I've read somewhere that it's processed much quicker if the EEA spouse applies as the main applicant and the non-EEA spouse is included in the application. The time difference is significant, something about 2 months vs. 5 months.

mullos
Newly Registered

Post by mullos » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:53 pm

slingo wrote:
mullos wrote:
Did your EEA spouse apply for PR also? I've read somewhere that it's processed much quicker if the EEA spouse applies as the main applicant and the non-EEA spouse is included in the application. The time difference is significant, something about 2 months vs. 5 months.
No she didn't...would have been a good move had I known!!
Cest la vie!

zeb77

Post by zeb77 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:52 pm

hello everyone,
i am back and the wait is still on. :( really frustrating ...hope all those who have applied in april have received there PR.Sidcostas no news from you plz keep us updated with yur timeline guys would be a gr8 HELP.
and also all those silent readers plz do come forward and share yur experiences and timeline will be really helpful.so those who have applied in may hopefully they might receive there PRS till the end of this month.here is my timeline;
application posted : 27 may 2015
application received by ho:28 may 2015
biometric enrolled:16 june 2015
coa received:7 september 2015
PR :SSSSSSTILL WAITINGGGGG
I have applied as an non eea spouse of an eea national.we both have applied together for PR.we have individually filled our forms and enclosed it in single envelope.hope that is considered as applied together.
guys this wait is distressing ...just cannot focus on my work .my request to all those applied in may plzz
post yur timelines, that helps me coping up with my anxiety .
thank you

olegunna
Newly Registered

Post by olegunna » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:21 pm

zeb77 wrote:hello everyone,
i am back and the wait is still on. :( really frustrating ...hope all those who have applied in april have received there PR.Sidcostas no news from you plz keep us updated with yur timeline guys would be a gr8 HELP.
and also all those silent readers plz do come forward and share yur experiences and timeline will be really helpful.so those who have applied in may hopefully they might receive there PRS till the end of this month.here is my timeline;
I have applied as an non eea spouse of an eea national.we both have applied together for PR.we have individually filled our forms and enclosed it in single envelope.hope that is considered as applied together.
guys this wait is distressing ...just cannot focus on my work .my request to all those applied in may plzz
thank you
Hi zeb77, so this is my timeline hope it helps with your anxiety:

Application sent:29/05/15

Money taken: 03/06/15

Biometric letter dated 23/06/15 received 29/06/15

Biometric processed 02/07/15

COA received dated 29/07/15

PR: Still waiting

zeb77

Post by zeb77 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:55 pm

olegunna wrote:
thank you

PR: Still waiting[/quote

thanx,Olegunna ,good to hear from you.we have applied just 1 day apart.Have u applied as an eea or non eea national.kenc had applied on 5 may 2015 and has received his PR.We too did apply in may so hope to erceive within next 2week i guess i am not wrong.hope to hear some good news from others this weekend.goodluck everyone......

slingo
Newly Registered

Post by slingo » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:25 am

Can everyone please post what documents you submitted and how many for both (1) proof of marriage and living together and (2) exercising treaty rights for EEA spouses. I can't decide how many bills, letters, invoices for self-employment, payslips, bank statements to send. Do I send all of them? Or one for each month or one for 3-4 months? How do you determine how many is enough so that the application is not refused? Do I submit photographs of me and my wife? How many and for what periods? I think the EEA PR application says that you don't have to prove having lived together for married couples, that a marriage certificate alone is enough, is that true? Also, does the non-EEA spouse have to provide taxes, employment history, self-employment, bank statements, et cetera? Or is only the EEA spouse required to provide all those documents? I've read the application and the guidance notes but still, I can't answer all these questions. Thanks in advance.

olegunna
Newly Registered

Post by olegunna » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:26 am

zeb77 wrote:
olegunna wrote:
thank you

PR: Still waiting[/quote

thanx,Olegunna ,good to hear from you.we have applied just 1 day apart.Have u applied as an eea or non eea national.kenc had applied on 5 may 2015 and has received his PR.We too did apply in may so hope to erceive within next 2week i guess i am not wrong.hope to hear some good news from others this weekend.goodluck everyone......
Yeah zeb77, I applied as a non-eea applicant and just like you, looking forward to the next couple of weeks. A little nervous when I think about it, which every 5 seconds.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:32 pm

thank you
Hi @ zeb77, I still haven't received my PR,so frustrating, I have applied on 30 of April, there is another member that have applied same day as me and have already got his PR, and even a member that applied a week after me on the 05/05/15 and also received the PR, I'm not sure why this would happen as i thought the HO would process applications on order of arrival, there is a member that have applied on 2 of april, much before me and only got his PR last week, and there is a member @AABO that applied on 10 of march and also haven't received PR. This wait is so frustrating, HO won't even give me any information until 6 months is complete, so i can only phone them back at the end of this month to query.
We need all the silent readers to come forward with their timelines so we can understand more of what is happening and check if anyone else that applied in april is still waiting for PR. Please guys come forward and share your time line. Is there anyone else that applied in April and are still waiting?
Good luck to us! This wait is not nice.

slingo
Newly Registered

Post by slingo » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:56 pm

I checked another forum here, EEA2 Timelines, there are many more people on that forum than here, and they say that not a single person there has received a residence card in about 10 days. Usually a few of them get residency cards per week. So something strange has been going on at the Home Office lately. The same thing may affect people on this forum applying for PR. In a way, it's a good thing because it means that there's probably nothing wrong with your application, it's some kind of a glitch at the Home Office that affects everybody.

Misssomer
Newly Registered

Post by Misssomer » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:09 pm

Hey Guys,

I know we are all very anxious and this extremely long wait is very frustrating and even unsettling at times as I often catch myself thinking about it and I cannot concentrate on anything else.

As per one of my posts previously my application was sent on 12th May and it was received by the HO on the 13th.
Biometrics letter plus COA followed shortly after, but I AM STILL WAITING for my PR.

It's very difficult to accept some people who may have sent their applications after us receive their PRs before us, but in the end we will all receive ours, and that's why it's great to have this community to chat with one another.

I hope that everybody who have sent their applications at the end of April receive their PRs soon, and of course I hope mine doesn't come too long after that.

Just so you guys know, I did forget to include photocopies of all documents so my application may be delayed as I'm sure I must have upset the caseworker by forcing them to photocopy every single one of my documents... :-)

In the meantime I shall keep eveyone posted on my status...

Good luck everybody!!!

Misssomer
Newly Registered

Post by Misssomer » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:56 pm

sidcostas wrote:
thank you
Hi @ zeb77, I still haven't received my PR,so frustrating, I have applied on 30 of April, there is another member that have applied same day as me and have already got his PR, and even a member that applied a week after me on the 05/05/15 and also received the PR, I'm not sure why this would happen as i thought the HO would process applications on order of arrival, there is a member that have applied on 2 of april, much before me and only got his PR last week, and there is a member @AABO that applied on 10 of march and also haven't received PR. This wait is so frustrating, HO won't even give me any information until 6 months is complete, so i can only phone them back at the end of this month to query.
We need all the silent readers to come forward with their timelines so we can understand more of what is happening and check if anyone else that applied in april is still waiting for PR. Please guys come forward and share your time line. Is there anyone else that applied in April and are still waiting?

So who is it that applied in March but still haven't received their PR? That's clearly over the 6 month period... Please tell us more about this individual and what the update on their situation is please...

slingo
Newly Registered

Post by slingo » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:48 pm

Misssomer wrote: Just so you guys know, I did forget to include photocopies of all documents so my application may be delayed as I'm sure I must have upset the caseworker by forcing them to photocopy every single one of my documents...
Don't worry about copies. A few days ago, I talked to someone who'd just received her 5-year RC and she told me that she had submitted a lot of documents and copies too, but they returned all the copies with the original documents and it appears that they didn't even take them out of the folders. They may not even need them after all.

aajayijames
Newly Registered

Post by aajayijames » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:39 am

Hi guys, please which number can someone call home office in Liverpool with, I meant Home office dealing with EEE(PR) thanks, the number I got are all not working again, I expect them to leave an instruction for an alternative No to get them since they are not using the old Nos again, but they never did, Or how can someone get hold of them quickly for an enquiry about someone's application, thanks

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:30 am

Misssomer wrote:Hey Guys,

I know we are all very anxious and this extremely long wait is very frustrating and even unsettling at times as I often catch myself thinking about it and I cannot concentrate on anything else.

As per one of my posts previously my application was sent on 12th May and it was received by the HO on the 13th.
Biometrics letter plus COA followed shortly after, but I AM STILL WAITING for my PR.

It's very difficult to accept some people who may have sent their applications after us receive their PRs before us, but in the end we will all receive ours, and that's why it's great to have this community to chat with one another.

I hope that everybody who have sent their applications at the end of April receive their PRs soon, and of course I hope mine doesn't come too long after that.

Just so you guys know, I did forget to include photocopies of all documents so my application may be delayed as I'm sure I must have upset the caseworker by forcing them to photocopy every single one of my documents... :-)

In the meantime I shall keep eveyone posted on my status...

Good luck everybody!!!
Hi @ Missomer, thanks for the motivation words, I just don't understand how can the HO get away with this waiting times, is the country in EU that takes the longest to process applications. My friend has applied for a student visa and because he's not EU he had to pay £21,000 for 12 months master degree, and believe or not this has been processed in 2 weeks. It's just a lack of respect and consideration to hold a person's passport for 5-6 months. Anyway lets hope we hear some good news soon. On the 30 of September it will be 6 months since I have applied. We are only applying for PR status which apparently a person automatically have after spending 5 years exercising treat rights and applying its not even mandatory.

plc22ans
Newly Registered

Post by plc22ans » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:41 am

Hi all, below is my timeline:
Application received by Home Office: 11 May 2015
Payment taken on: 12 May 2015
Date of letter to enrol biometric info: 18 May 2015
Certificate of Application date: 03 June 2015
I requested return of passport: 06 October 2015
All documents returned: 09 October 2015
PR biometric card: Still waiting

Note that they have sent me back all my documents instead of my passport as requested. Does this mean they have finalised all checks and the PR card issuance is imminent? I can't think of another explanation. I hope that's the case.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:48 am

Misssomer wrote:
sidcostas wrote:
thank you

So who is it that applied in March but still haven't received their PR? That's clearly over the 6 month period... Please tell us more about this individual and what the update on their situation is please...
Hi @ Missomer and Zeb77, and everyone else who is interested on this, check the link below, and you can see the case of AABO123, this member has applied on 10 of march and still haven't received PR, you guys can also see the case of Eden on this forum that has applied on 22 of April and also still haven't received his PR, one more interesting case is of KKBA which applied on 2 of April and received PR on 29 of September exactly same date as the member Harmeetsingh which applied e weeks later than KKBA and still they have received PR on same day. I also Applied on 30 of April same day as Harmeetsingh and here i'm still waiting for my PR. So how can we explain this? Check this forum it might help to make things clear. Thank you guys I find it a lot easier going thru this waiting time by exchanging information here with everyone. I'm sure our PR is about to come to us. Keep your heads up! Good luck again :) please share your thoughts on what you think after reading the forum, Link Below:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... -2580.html

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:20 pm

plc22ans wrote:Hi all, below is my timeline:
Application received by Home Office: 11 May 2015
Payment taken on: 12 May 2015
Date of letter to enrol biometric info: 18 May 2015
Certificate of Application date: 03 June 2015
I requested return of passport: 06 October 2015
All documents returned: 09 October 2015
PR biometric card: Still waiting

Note that they have sent me back all my documents instead of my passport as requested. Does this mean they have finalised all checks and the PR card issuance is imminent? I can't think of another explanation. I hope that's the case.
Hi @ plc22ans, thank you for sharing your timeline with us. I think for the look of it they have withdrawn your application, when you submitted the form asking for the passport to be sent back there was an option asking if you wanted to withdraw the application, are you absolutely sure you chosen not to withdraw when filling the form? I really hope this is not the case, but also did they send all the documents back and kept your passport? Please give some more details, when did your RC card expired? Are you non EU partner of EU ?

auxxyy
Newly Registered

Post by auxxyy » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Here's my timeline, members of this August forum.
Application for pr with time spent on retained rights

Application sent: 22/09/15
Received by HO: 23/09/15
Biometric enrollment received: 2/10/15 and sent back same day
COA Received: ???
PR Received: ???
Hoping for a quick response from HO God willing

kkseding
Newly Registered

Post by kkseding » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:57 am

Before sharing my timeline, I would like to appreciate everyone for your inspiration and advice on this forum.

I am married to an EEA..

Find below my timeline.

Application sent: 16/04/2015
Received by HO: 17/04/15
Biometric enrollment received: 28/05/15 and sent back same day
COA Received: 05/06/2015
PR Confirmation Letter Received: 09/10/15 dated 06/10/15.
BPR Card to arrive within 10 Working days.

I wish @sidcostas and everyone else waiting the best.

I am happy to contribute to this forum with my knowledge.

Again, I wish you all the best.

incissa
Newly Registered

Post by incissa » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:58 am

Hi everyone. I'm currently filling form to apply for PR, but Iv'e been wondering can I add my husband to the same form? My husband is non-eea (came as student). Hes been in the UK little over 10 years. I am EEA national, been in the UK 9 years. We've been together (and lived together) 8 and half years. Been married 4 and half years. He's got EEA family permit visa at the moment for 5 years which he applied only after the marriage. My question is does he need to wait till he's current visa been 5 years valid or can I add him to the form (providing proof of relationship prior wedding)? we've lived together over 8 years.... and do I need to include my 2 year old son in the form, he's got EEA passport (same as me). Just a bit confused. Thanks in advance!

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:07 pm

kkseding wrote:Before sharing my timeline, I would like to appreciate everyone for your inspiration and advice on this forum.

I am married to an EEA..

Find below my timeline.

Hi @ kkseding, thank you so much for sharing your timeline, and congratulations on your PR, I'm sure you feel very relieved! It Gives everyone waiting some hope! Just one question could you confirm the date you sent the application was 16/04/15 or 16/05/15, as it seems you only got your biometrics enrolment Letter end of may! Please confirma is you subnutres Your aplicativos In April or May. I sent mine on 30/04 and received letter to submit biometrics on 16/05. Still waiting but hoping to receive it by this week! I will keep everybody posted! Please if there's anybody that applied in April come forward and share your timeline! Thank you in advance and good luck everyone!

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:34 pm

sidcostas wrote:
kkseding wrote:Before sharing my timeline, I would like to appreciate everyone for your inspiration and advice on this forum.

I am married to an EEA..

Find below my timeline.

Hi @ kkseding, thank you so much for sharing your timeline, and congratulations on your PR, I'm sure you feel very relieved! It Gives everyone waiting some hope! Just one question could you confirm the date you sent the application was 16/04/15 or 16/05/15, as it seems you only got your biometrics enrolment Letter end of may! Please confirma is you subnutres Your aplicativos In April or May. I sent mine on 30/04 and received letter to submit biometrics on 16/05. Still waiting but hoping to receive it by this week! I will keep everybody posted! Please if there's anybody that applied in April come forward and share your timeline! Thank you in advance and good luck everyone!
** just rewriting as I notice mistakes on previous one **
Hi @ kkseding, thank you so much for sharing your timeline, and congratulations on your PR, I'm sure you feel very relieved! It Gives everyone waiting some hope! Just one question could you confirm the date you sent the application was 16/04/15 or 16/05/15, as it seems you only got your biometrics enrolment Letter end of may! Please can You confirm if you sent your application In April or May? I sent mine on 30/04 and received letter to submit biometrics on 16/05. Still waiting but hoping to receive it by this week! I will keep everybody posted! Please if there's anybody that applied in April come forward and share your timeline! Thank you in advance and good luck everyone! Thanks @ kkseding

kkseding
Newly Registered

Post by kkseding » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:34 am

sidcostas wrote:
sidcostas wrote:

I am married to an EEA..

Find below my timeline.

** just rewriting as I notice mistakes on previous one **
Hi @ kkseding, thank you so much for sharing your timeline, and congratulations on your PR, I'm sure you feel very relieved! It Gives everyone waiting some hope! Just one question could you confirm the date you sent the application was 16/04/15 or 16/05/15, as it seems you only got your biometrics enrolment Letter end of may! Please can You confirm if you sent your application In April or May? I sent mine on 30/04 and received letter to submit biometrics on 16/05. Still waiting but hoping to receive it by this week! I will keep everybody posted! Please if there's anybody that applied in April come forward and share your timeline! Thank you in advance and good luck everyone! Thanks @ kkseding

@sidcostas Thank you for your query. My timeline is correct; I sent my application on 16/04/15. However, it was sent using the old EEA form, so I believe thats what caused the slight delay in sending my biometric letter. I am sure your PR will arrive this week; trust me if there's something wrong, it would have been sent back before the 5th Month.