ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Garth1989

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Garth1989 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:44 pm

Good day everyone

I would like some opinions/advice on my situation.

I (South African Citizen) have a Dutch (by Naturalisation) father who is currently exercising treaty rights in the UK. I have applied for temporary residence permit (TRP) as a dependent child who is over the age of 21. I am still studying and am fully dependent on my Father.

My TRP is still in the process but I do not see any reasons that it should be rejected as we submitted all the necessary docs and more. My question is, after I have completed my studies in two years time I am looking to get a job in the finance sector and will no longer be dependent on my father. Will this effect my application for PR in a few years as it seems to state that you have to show dependance and cohabitation with your EEA national family member for the 5 year period ?.

It doesn't make sense to me that they would penalise you for being a functional tax paying member of society !.
Lastly, is there any difference between PR and ILR ?.

I would greatly appreciate and views on the matter as it a bit of a worry for me.

Cheers

alisufyan
Newly Registered

Post by alisufyan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:52 am

ally007 wrote:Do anyone know or have a clue of what is going on pls?
I applied for my PR which included my wife eea national who is the main applicant and me as a family member on the same form on 12/10/15.
HO received it the second day the 13/10. Money Taken on the 15th/10
My wife received email from HO on the 21.10.15 saying they received the application.
HO sent Biometric letter to me alone on the 23.10.15 dated 20.10.15 and sent biometric back same 23.10.
Since then, no message and no COA from HO. Is there anyone apply for PR same time with their eea family and hear anything back from HO?
Hi ally007 - I applied in July and I am in exactly the same situation like you. My EEA national wife got email confirmation - EEA nationals are not required to provide biometrics so it was just me who had to send my biometrics. I never received any other communication from HO - No COA or email confirmation. I called HO few weeks ago and they just said use your biometrics letter as proof of application.
I suggest don't worry, just keep calm and wait for your PR.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:54 am

ally007 wrote:Do anyone know or have a clue of what is going on pls?
I applied for my PR which included my wife eea national who is the main applicant and me as a family member on the same form on 12/10/15.
My wife received email from HO on the 21.10.15 saying they received the application.
HO sent Biometric letter to me alone on the 23.10.15 dated 20.10.15 and sent biometric back same 23.10.
Since then, no message and no COA from HO. Is there anyone apply for PR same time with their eea family and hear anything back from HO?
Hi ally007 - I applied in July and I am in exactly the same situation like you. My EEA national wife got email confirmation - EEA nationals are not required to provide biometrics so it was just me who had to send my biometrics. I never received any other communication from HO - No COA or email confirmation. I called HO few weeks ago and they just said use your biometrics letter as proof of application.
I suggest don't worry, just keep calm and wait for your PR.

@alisufyan, I received my COA yesterday 14th/11 dated 13th/11 with right to work. What I need to understand please is that is the counting down start on the day they issue the COA or the date they received the application? And I think if applying with your eea national, they speed up the application? 6months is a lot of time to wait.

hughie33
Newly Registered

Post by hughie33 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:45 am

ally007 wrote:Update to my timeline:
I applied for my PR which included my wife eea national who is the main applicant and include as a family member on the same application form on 12/10/15.
Received COA with right to work on the 14/11 dated 13/11. took HO 4 weeks to send the COA.

Strange thing is that, we sent the application to Durham but the Biometric and COA came from Liverpool and my wife haven't receive anything since we sent the application .
Hi Ally

Don't worry about the Durham/Liverpool thing, they just have separate offices for processing/mailing etc.
When dealing with HMRC (I know not quite UKBA) earlier this year, they send everything to Durham where they scan everything, so the person processing can be anywhere in the country, I suspect UKBA have a similar system.

Kind regards

Hugh

hughie33
Newly Registered

Post by hughie33 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:50 am

Hi Casa

That is interesting, goes to show how inconsistent the rules are applied, in the last 5 years of entering with a RC. (roughly 35 trips) she has never once being asked to fill in a landing card.
Casa wrote:
hughie33 wrote:Hi Sid costas

Only EU nationals and those from Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein and Switzerland are exempt from completing a landing card. Family members of EU nationals, even with PR are not exempt.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:59 pm

hughie33 wrote:
ally007 wrote:Update to my timeline:
I applied for my PR which included my wife eea national who is the main applicant and include as a family member on the same application form on 12/10/15.
Received COA with right to work on the 14/11 dated 13/11. took HO 4 weeks to send the COA.

Strange thing is that, we sent the application to Durham but the Biometric and COA came from Liverpool and my wife haven't receive anything since we sent the application .
Hi Ally

Don't worry about the Durham/Liverpool thing, they just have separate offices for processing/mailing etc.
When dealing with HMRC (I know not quite UKBA) earlier this year, they send everything to Durham where they scan everything, so the person processing can be anywhere in the country, I suspect UKBA have a similar system.

Kind regards

Hugh

@ hughie33 Thanks for your response. I understand you and all I hope is to get everything done as soon as possible because i haven't see my parent for a year plus now and to be honest, I am really missing them and need to go and visit them.

ucchan244
Newly Registered

Post by ucchan244 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:41 pm

hughie33 wrote:Hi Sid costas

We are still waiting for my wifes PR so no experience with that, but with the RC she has being told to use the Non-EU queue when I am no accompanying here, though I think she still uses the EU queue without trouble.

But this is the usual inconsistent behaviour you get from UKBA, clearly asking you to fill in a landing card is wrong. It would worth a call to UKBA to find out the what the policy is.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to give feedback to UKBA on this kind of situation?
While I had RC, I had one occasion in which nobody at the airport knew about RC.
They made me write landing card and give finger prints which I have never given.
(My RC is old style, so no finger prints given)
Then they tell me there is no match. No wonder!
I asked the immigration officer to talk to her manager.
He had no idead what is RC.
At the end, they followed what immigration officer in Calais did without having any idea.

So I decided to complain to Home Office.
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
The link above takes you to the procesure page.
I received reply promptly! apologizing lack of the immigration officers.

With or without my EEA family memeber I always go through UK/EU passport control.
Once I queued up in non-EU in Heathrow, I was told to use UK/EU passport without writing the landing card

Misssomer
Newly Registered

Post by Misssomer » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:45 am

Hello all,

It's now been ver 20 working days since I received my documents back in the post with an approval letter saying my PR Card would be delivered within 10 working days.

But it's now been 20 and the Home Office said there's nothing they can do at the moment and I should wait for it to be delivered.

Is anyone still waiting for their actual cards to be delivered ?

ally007

Post by ally007 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:12 am

Misssomer wrote:Hello all,

It's now been ver 20 working days since I received my documents back in the post with an approval letter saying my PR Card would be delivered within 10 working days.

But it's now been 20 and the Home Office said there's nothing they can do at the moment and I should wait for it to be delivered.

Is anyone still waiting for their actual cards to be delivered ?
Are you sure they have not send it to a wrong address? because how come you haven't receive it till now.. that is really strange. Call Roylr mail and talk to them as well. 20days is alot and even if the mail is moving like a snail, it should have reach you since.

Sali6454

Post by Sali6454 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi, anyone let me know that how early you can send you application to Homeoffice for PR.I mean it has to be after 5 years or you can apply in last 6 months of your 5 yeats residents card expiry date ?

Sali6454

Post by Sali6454 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:59 pm

Hi,
Can anyone please letme know that if i am getting Tax Credit since i got the 5 years RC as a family member of an EEA National.And Now applied for PR will that be going to affect the Application ? As long as i know it shouldn't but need to know if anyone in same situation got their PR without problems.

Thanks !

Lukas24
Newly Registered

Post by Lukas24 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:44 pm

Hi am EU member want to apply for RP card got application from of 85 page's haven't got a clue where to start is anybody knows what pages or sections need to fill in please :roll:
Thanks

ally007

Post by ally007 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:52 pm

Sali6454 wrote:Hi,
Can anyone please letme know that if i am getting Tax Credit since i got the 5 years RC as a family member of an EEA National.And Now applied for PR will that be going to affect the Application ? As long as i know it shouldn't but need to know if anyone in same situation got their PR without problems.

Thanks !

@"Sali6454" I don't think it will affect you so all you need is to be praying for a good result from HO.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:53 pm

Lukas24 wrote:Hi am EU member want to apply for RP card got application from of 85 page's haven't got a clue where to start is anybody knows what pages or sections need to fill in please :roll:
Thanks
As EU, it is very easy and the processing is very fast. Sit and stufy the forms very well and am sure you will understand how to complete it.

Sali6454

Post by Sali6454 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:33 pm

ally007 wrote:
Sali6454 wrote:Hi,

Thanks !

@"Sali6454" I don't think it will affect you so all you need is to be praying for a good result from HO.
Many Thank ally007 it looks like that someone got their PR recently who got the COA only 1 week before i got mine so i am expecting mine on this Saturday or next hopefully:-)

Sali6454

Post by Sali6454 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:37 pm

Also if anyone knows that how early you can send you PR application to homeoffice ? It has to be in the last 28 days of you 5 Years RC EXPIRY DATE or can be Upto 6 Months before 5 Years RC EXPIRES ?

Sas Sam

Post by Sas Sam » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:11 am

As EU, it is very easy and the processing is very fast.
I hope you will right... but it's strange, because I applied as EEA member 07/10 and still no news... not even a Biometric request. Some of others here got the COA letter within a month but in my case it's already 1.5 month.
EEA(PR) application sent: 07/10/2015 (received 08/10/2015)
Card charged: 09/10/2015
Email from HO: 19/10/2015
PR Card received: 25/11/2015
----
My Naturalisation timeline is here.
My Passport timeline is here.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:40 am

Sas Sam wrote:
As EU, it is very easy and the processing is very fast.
I hope you will right... but it's strange, because I applied as EEA member 07/10 and still no news... not even a Biometric request. Some of others here got the COA letter within a month but in my case it's already 1.5 month.
As eea, you are not going to receive any COA and i think you might get your documents back this week or nextweek because with what I understand, some eea national receive their pr withing 5 weeks so relax

trogerr
Newly Registered

life in the uk

Post by trogerr » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:24 pm

Hy everyone.

I’m from Hungary and I’m living in the UK over 10 years. Do I have to pass on the life in the UK and any language test to go for the PR card or proving the last 5 years is enough?

Sas Sam

Re: life in the uk

Post by Sas Sam » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:08 pm

trogerr wrote:Hy everyone.

I’m from Hungary and I’m living in the UK over 10 years. Do I have to pass on the life in the UK and any language test to go for the PR card or proving the last 5 years is enough?
The Life in the UK test and the language exam are only needs for naturalisation. For PR card as you are EU8 member, you have to prove that you exercised the Treaty Rights and continuous 5 years, so 5+1 years.
EEA(PR) application sent: 07/10/2015 (received 08/10/2015)
Card charged: 09/10/2015
Email from HO: 19/10/2015
PR Card received: 25/11/2015
----
My Naturalisation timeline is here.
My Passport timeline is here.

Oliver2011
Newly Registered
India

Post by Oliver2011 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:20 pm

Dear Members

we applied joint application I am Non EEA my wife is EEA national and my son EEA National

May wife is main applicant me and my son family members included in application

My time line
Application Sent :02/11/2015
Received by Home Office: 03/11/2015
Debit Card Charged on:04/11/2015

and still I haven't received any email or Biometric letter

I called the home office on 03001232253 they are not help ful

please help is it normal biometrics not received soon is going to be three weeks

mario75
Newly Registered

Post by mario75 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Application Sent As Non Eea : 15/10/2015
Received by UKBA : 16/10/2015
Credit Card Charged : 20/10/2015
Biometric Letter Received : 26/10/2015
Biometrics Sent : 03/11/2015
no update still waiting

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm EEA family member since last 3 years and holding residence card and my children from my ex holding EEA family permit an they came in uk on 10/09/2015 they are attending school since last month.

My EEA spouse is not happy with children and she want separation.

If we Divorce what will be my children's status?

While it's more then three years we are married and living together.

Many thanks

Raysegg
Newly Registered

Post by Raysegg » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:47 am

Hello Everyone,
I have observed that it took the HO average of 4-5 weeks for an COA with right to work to be posted. What then should be the right time to send in PR application before the expiration of the RC ? As most employers will not want to work you, without a document certifying right to work.
Please help.
My regards.

ally007

Post by ally007 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:09 am

Raysegg wrote:Hello Everyone,
I have observed that it took the HO average of 4-5 weeks for an COA with right to work to be posted. What then should be the right time to send in PR application before the expiration of the RC ? As most employers will not want to work you, without a document certifying right to work.
Please help.
My regards.

I received my COA after 4weeks HO received our application because we made joint application and it's now. 5weeks.