ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Challenge HO refusal to send passports back

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rodrigot
Newly Registered

Challenge HO refusal to send passports back

Post by rodrigot » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:18 pm

Hi everybody

I'm an italian citizen and I've moved to the UK with my chilean wife. We applied to the RC with the EEA2 form and have already received the CoA with work. After that we requested our passports back and today I received a letter from the Home Office refusing to send our passports giving the following reason:

"You currently have no leave to remain and your passport has been retained pending consideration of your application".

My wife has a valid Family Permit until March 2017, so I think she does have leave to remain. How can I contact the HO (any email or phone number) or make a challenge to demand our passports back?

Thanks

Casa

Re: Challenge HO refusal to send passports back

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:27 pm

rodrigot wrote:Hi everybody

I'm an italian citizen and I've moved to the UK with my chilean wife. We applied to the RC with the EEA2 form and have already received the CoA with work. After that we requested our passports back and today I received a letter from the Home Office refusing to send our passports giving the following reason:

"You currently have no leave to remain and your passport has been retained pending consideration of your application".

My wife has a valid Family Permit until March 2017, so I think she does have leave to remain. How can I contact the HO (any email or phone number) or make a challenge to demand our passports back?

Thanks
Please continue in your original thread.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1436679
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.