ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

complicated marriage situation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jongens
Newly Registered

complicated marriage situation

Post by jongens » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi All
I am a New Zealand national, currently married to an EEA national, we were married 2002 I have 3 one year entry clearance stamps and one current 5 year family member visa which runs out 05/11 . My wife hasn't worked in the UK so we have no real evidence of her exercising her treaty rights here in the UK and we have recently separated amicably and she has moved back to her home country the Netherlands . we are both in other relationships but have not gone through any divorce processes as yet.

so its really two questions .
1. is it possible to apply for LTR on my own back so to speak as a divorced non EEA? I work through an agency on a low wage so support myself but it doesn't look great on paper .
2 . I have known and lived with my english partner for over 2 yrs, we would like to get married in the future . is it possible for us to get married in Denmark then I go back to New Zealand and apply from there . is that the easiest option?

Any suggestions or help gratefully received
thanks

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Can you provide specifics:

Time you and your wife spent together in the UK?
What were you both doing during this period?
When did your wife finally leave the UK?

geriatrix

Re: complicated marriage situation

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:28 pm

jongens wrote:we are both in other relationships but have not gone through any divorce processes as yet.
Then you are not divorced and another marriage (before a decree absolute is issued) will not be recognized by UK law(s).

regards

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:57 am

You need to seek divorce for the first marriage. Then you plan your new wedding.Because legally you are still married.