ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for EEA PR application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eversions
Newly Registered

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for EEA PR application

Post by eversions » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:04 am

Hi,

I've been in the UK for over 5 years and am looking to get Permanent Residence sorted. I filled the PR application form out over the weekend, but have only just realised I need proof of Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for the time period while I was a student.

I moved to the UK in September 2009 to start university, and graduated in June 2013, with a year out in industry between July 2011 to September 2012. I've been working full time since my graduation.

While I was a student I did have an EHIC from my home country (Lithuania), but I think I threw the card out when it expired, so I have no proof of having it or any other relevant documentation.

Am I correct in thinking this would get my application declined and I shouldn't even get the paperwork sent off until I've got some proof of this?

Thank you!

noajthan

Re: Comprehensive Sickness Insurance for EEA PR application

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:11 am

You need proof of cover whilst a student: eg CSI policy or foreign EHIC.
Or invoke exemption due to possession of student RC (from certain date);
Or else apply as someone's dependent.

More here: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... issued.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

eversions
Newly Registered

Post by eversions » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:15 pm

Thanks! I've got a letter confirming I was insured with compulsory health insurance in Lithuania from September 2009 until August 2013 while I was a student, and also during which periods I had the European Health Insurance Card. Hopefully this will be enough proof!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:03 pm

eversions wrote:Thanks! I've got a letter confirming I was insured with compulsory health insurance in Lithuania from September 2009 until August 2013 while I was a student, and also during which periods I had the European Health Insurance Card. Hopefully this will be enough proof!
Sounds like you are on right track.
Translate letter (official/professional translation) if not in English.
Submit that with original plus EHICs.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

righttrack
Newly Registered

Post by righttrack » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:09 pm

eversions wrote:Thanks! I've got a letter confirming I was insured with compulsory health insurance in Lithuania from September 2009 until August 2013 while I was a student, and also during which periods I had the European Health Insurance Card. Hopefully this will be enough proof!

Hi eversions,

Could you please advice what institution issued this letter confirming your health insurance coverage in Lithuania. I have the same case here, only I was studying from 2013-2015, as I don't have this comprehensive sickness insurance maybe I could use the same letter confirming I had compulsory health insurance in LT.

Thank you!

eversions
Newly Registered

Post by eversions » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:07 pm

Hey righttrack!

I got the letter from the Territorial Health Insurance Fund (teritorine ligoniu kasa) where I got my EHIC cards from originally.

I sent my documents off last week, so still don't know if the letter will be enough, but it's worth a try.

righttrack
Newly Registered

Post by righttrack » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Thanks a lot! I will try to get this letter also. It's definitely worth a try. Fingers crossed. Please let me know how it goes!

MRami
Newly Registered

Post by MRami » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:22 pm

eversions wrote:Hey righttrack!

I got the letter from the Territorial Health Insurance Fund (teritorine ligoniu kasa) where I got my EHIC cards from originally.

I sent my documents off last week, so still don't know if the letter will be enough, but it's worth a try.
Was it difficult to obtain? How did you request it? Did it take a long time?

I