ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croatian unmarried partner of a Croatian

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shimrod
Newly Registered

Croatian unmarried partner of a Croatian

Post by shimrod » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:40 am

Hi everyone,

I am a Croatian who received a purple certificate allowing me to work in the UK for the sponsoring employer.

My unmarried partner plans to submit an application for a blue certificate. She has been guided by a lawyer up to a point, but no longer, and plans to complete the application on her own.

The lawyer had advised her that all documents not in English need to be accompanied by certified translations. The only such documents at the time were bills, payslips, correspondence &c. she plans to use to prove 2 years of cohabitation. We had those documents traslated by an official translator.

However, now I see that the CR(1) form, section 8.3 "applying as a a Croatian national [...] unmarried partner of a Croatian worker who [...] holds valid worker authorisation" also asks for "Yours and your family member's birth certificates".

Considering the birth certificates are official national documents rather than correspondence, do they need to be translated into English as well?

Or am I misinterpreting the requirement, and the birth certificate requirement is only for family in the ascending/descening line (parents/children), rather than (un)married partners?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Croatian unmarried partner of a Croatian

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:36 am

shimrod wrote:Considering the birth certificates are official national documents rather than correspondence, do they need to be translated into English as well?
Any document not in English must be translated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shimrod
Newly Registered

Re: Croatian unmarried partner of a Croatian

Post by shimrod » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:43 pm

Thanks.

Do you know whether birth certificates are really needed for an (un)married partner application, or whether that box is to be used by parents/children?