ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need FP?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EG
Newly Registered

Do I need FP?

Post by EG » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi, I (Japanese) am now living in the UK with my EEA husband (Hungarian) under EEA Family Permit which is valid for 6 months. There is a possibility that he will be employed by a UK-based company, but be transferred to Hungary to perform his job. If this happens, he will pay National Insurance and taxes to the UK authority. Then, a question has arisen; he is insured by NHS in this case, but what happens to me? If I would like to be insured by NHS too, what should I do? Do I need to apply for another EEA Family Permit with validity of five years in order to prove that I will stay in Hungary with my husband who is employed by a UK-based company but transferred to Hungary? Please help me! Thank you.

John

Post by John » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:59 am

What to apply for? That would be a 5-year Residence Card, and you would use form EEA2 to apply for that.

But what you post raises a question. Simply is your husband exercising EU Treaty Rights in the UK? You say that he will be working in Hungary, but will he be doing any work in the UK? And being an A8 national, is he registered on the WRS?
John

EG
Newly Registered

Post by EG » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:37 am

Good morning John. Thank you for your post.

Regarding your questions, my husband moved to the UK in Dec 2007 and registered himself to WRS in 2008. Currently he is working at a UK company. He has been searching for a new job and found one which was mentioned in the previous post. He will work in Hungary but will not work in the UK. However he will pay NI and taxes to UK authority, and salary will be paid by that UK company.

I found information about workers dispatched/to be dispatched to another EEA country by a UK-based company. It says that since EEA national will pay NI to the UK authority that person and his/her family will be insured by NHS. But I am neither EU citizen nor UK citizen. (http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcare ... broad.aspx) I made an enquiry to NHS Department of Health, but an automatic reply was sent saying 'we will send you a reply within 20days'. We do not have so much time to wait for 20 days so I have posted a question on this forum.

Thank you.