ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA EFM | Hearing Date 1 JUN 2017

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

attari
Newly Registered

EEA EFM | Hearing Date 1 JUN 2017

Post by attari » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:14 am

Hi all,
I read on many sites and forums that after sala case there is no right of appeal, that is what just happened to me, I didn't get right on appeal. However, my friend applied in 2015 and he got right on appeal. He lodged the appeal in Feb 2016. Today He received his Hearing date. The paper doesn't mention anything about sala case or anything.
Does anyone know what will happen on hearing date? Can judge/HO say that after sala case this appeal is invalid and hearing is dismissed?
What are the possibilities?
There were only two allegations
1: Recently issue Marriage & Birth certificates
2: Circumstance in back home of applicant
He has evidence of both.
Thanks

jnri799
inactive

Re: EEA EFM | Hearing Date 1 JUN 2017

Post by jnri799 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:20 pm

Well what i have heard so far from people, i repeat it again from people and research internet that even if people get the hearing date appeal being dismissed by judge.
After hearing both parties judge says

''As there is new law came to effect sept 2016 Sala's there is no statutory right of appeal against refusal of EFM decision therefore the case has been dismissed''

well on another case one judge said she was not bound by sala case, she was not sure weather the sala case judgement was decided correctly. How ever she needs so follow sala rules and dismissed the appeal.

I am in same situation as your friend i appealed April 2016 since then waiting for a hearing date. now the interesting fact will be i will keep an eye on your friends case , lets hope for the best keep me posted