ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Member application Advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

IS777
Newly Registered

EEA Family Member application Advice

Post by IS777 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:50 pm

Dear Experts,
I like to obtain some information before sending application. If you can assist me on the below points, it will be appreciated.
1. I am from Pakistan and currently on Tier 4 (Post-Doctoral Extension Scheme) visa in the UK, which is expiring on 8th June 2017. I am living with my Romanian partner (EEA national) since 1st April 2014 in the UK.
2. We met each other online in January 2014, then she visited me in the UK in February 2014 for couple days.
3. In March 2014, we decided to live together. She resigned from her job in public services in her country and moved to UK and we started living together from 1st April 2014.
4. While I was doing my PhD and was on student visa, she found a job in private organization in the UK in May 2014 and since then she is working in the same organization.
5. In the meantime, I completed my PhD and searching for a job to be able to move from my current visa on to Tier 2 but unfortunately couldn’t find anything yet. Therefore, I am thinking about the possibilities of applying under EEA family member rout as an un-married partner because we live together for more than two years now.
6. However, I am not sure if the below documents that I can provide are enough to prove my relationship or not. An expert opinion will be great.
7. I can provide email conversation proofs about how we started our relationship and her journey tickets.
8. I am living in a shared house with other people. I can provide affidavit from landlord as well as other tenants about our living together since 1st April 2014.
9. I can provide various letters on my name and also on her name that we receive on the same address since 1st April 2014. However, we don’t have any joint letters.
10. She returned back to her country few times on short visits to meet her mother and other family and during this time we have conversation via email, I can also provide this record together with return journey tickets.
11. Besides this we don’t have any pictures or videos together that I can present as proof because all the utility bills are paid by landlord. However, I am a Vodafone customer from long time and I got a 2nd contract from them in March 2014 on my name for her, which she is still using.
12. Can somebody advise, if these proofs are enough to send my application as an un-married partner? If they are not enough, then should we get married just for the sack of proving our relationship, even though we don’t want the formal legal marriage from our hearts? Thank You.

secret.simon

Re: EEA Family Member application Advice

Post by secret.simon » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:02 pm

Generally, for an equivalent "relationship akin to marriage" application, you need proof such as joint bank account statements, joint names on rental agreements or mortgages or utility bills or council tax statements, etc. Do you have any such proof (of joint finances and tax statements) stretching back two years?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

IS777
Newly Registered

Post by IS777 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:23 pm

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately we don't have any joint bank statement and as I said utility bills are all paid by landlord, that's why we don't have those either. Tenancy agreement is on my name but as the landlord is aware that we are both living together. Therefore, I can ask him to give us joint tenancy agreement, apart from this, all I can rely on is the email communication between us and affidavit of the landlord and the people who are living with us or the people who knows we are together from long time.

So it means there is no chance at all without any joint bank statements etc. and we should consider marriage. Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:44 am

Marriage may help strengthen case as you appear to gave little or no evidence of a subsisting and durable relationship ' akin to marriage'.

Its a good idea to be aware of requirements upfront and generate appropriate papertrail accordingly.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

alijawad786
Mood:

Post by alijawad786 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:57 am

I was in Similar Situation when i changed my Status from Tier 2 Work Permit to EEA Family Residence Card back in 2013. here is an honest advice.

1. Move to another place, and get all the bills and Specially Council Tax Bills on both of your names.

2. New Tenancy Agreement must be on both of your names

3. If you are married Religiously then get that marriage certificate attested by Foreign and Common Wealth.

4. Register your english marriage :for that u need to talk to your local registrar and as your from Pakistan only desiginated office deal with such cases of registering the marriage.

once you got that in hand wait for about 2 to 3 months and then apply. you can find a lot of advice what to include in application for EEA RC

hope that helps

JZK
Ali J/-\\/\//-\D