ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family PASS - Confused

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

namaste
Newly Registered

EEA Family PASS - Confused

Post by namaste » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:52 pm

Hello everyone.

I just joined the forum today and i hope that someone can guide me and help me in my quest for practical, relevant, up-to-date information.

I am an indian married to an italian. We got married in 2005 in italy and i have my permesso di soggiorno (residence permit) from 2007 - june 2012.

We live in vienna, austria at the moment since 2007 where we are were working but are not for the time being.

We would like to go to london and look for work as we do not speak german and i do not still speak italian.

As an eu citizen, my wife can easily go to london without any visa.

So the questions are:

1) can I accompany her without a visa?
2) is there any ruling by eu and uk that allows a non eu family member (spouse) travel with the eu member visa free to uk?
3) can i and she get eea family pass before we travel?
4) the fact that we would like to go to london to look for work, be detrimental to getting an eea family pass?
5) what is the best way forward - is eea family pass the only way?

I hope you will be able to help me.

Namaste

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: EEA Family PASS - Confused

Post by Rozen » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:09 am

namaste wrote:Hello everyone.

I just joined the forum today and i hope that someone can guide me and help me in my quest for practical, relevant, up-to-date information.

I am an indian married to an italian. We got married in 2005 in italy and i have my permesso di soggiorno (residence permit) from 2007 - june 2012.

We live in vienna, austria at the moment since 2007 where we are were working but are not for the time being.

We would like to go to london and look for work as we do not speak german and i do not still speak italian.

As an eu citizen, my wife can easily go to london without any visa.

So the questions are:

1) can I accompany her without a visa?
2) is there any ruling by eu and uk that allows a non eu family member (spouse) travel with the eu member visa free to uk?
3) can i and she get eea family pass before we travel?
4) the fact that we would like to go to london to look for work, be detrimental to getting an eea family pass?
5) what is the best way forward - is eea family pass the only way?

I hope you will be able to help me.

Namaste
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=54028

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: EEA Family PASS - Confused

Post by 86ti » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:15 am

Well, the Surinder Singh bit in that thread doesn't apply but essentially it's appying for an EEA family permit.