ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Refused

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zuly1820

EEA Family Permit Refused

Post by Zuly1820 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:53 pm

Hi everyone,

My husband's EEA Family Permit got refused :( on the grounds that the pictures I sent didn't have a digital signature and date stamp, so it doesn't prove its authenticity. Not sure what they mean by signature ?
I'm just gonna reapply but wanted to know if anyone has experienced something similar and if there's any advice for when I reapply?

Appreciate any advice - many thanks?

BritGirl1
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit Refused

Post by BritGirl1 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:13 am

How horrible!
Well their official guide to supporting documents pdf just says copies of photographs.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... permit.pdf

A friend of mine last year just submitted a PowerPoint printout of a load of photos of him and his wife throughout the last 7 years, and they weren't questioned. There were no digital signatures or date stamps...

atriponel
Newly Registered

Post by atriponel » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:39 pm

that's horrendous... I'm sorry to hear that.

I used screenshots from social media and screenshots of photos from camera roll on my phone (which shows date and location)

try reapplying with that, too! As well as signing them. HO are just playing hardball...

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:37 pm

Zuly1820 wrote: My husband's EEA Family Permit got refused :( on the grounds that the pictures I sent didn't have a digital signature and date stamp, so it doesn't prove its authenticity.
I would think that's not the only reason the FP got refused.

I simply supplied printouts of pictures (for both my FP and RC, which both got approved) and I just hand-wrote the date at the back of each picture.

Is there anything else in the refusal letter that could indicate the real reason for refusal? I mean, pictures are only a suggestion, these are not even a hard requirement within the document list, so I'm thinking there is something more important from the list of required documents that you failed to include.

Sounds like, besides the pictures, you did not include anything else that could prove your relationship, which is a completely different matter...
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

albertofrombrasil
Newly Registered

Post by albertofrombrasil » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:29 pm

Zuly1820, could you post the Refusal Letter here?

It is indeed worrying that they would refuse your application because of that.

For those with more experience: is it possible that there has been a change on the requirements from the HO?.

Zuly1820

Post by Zuly1820 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:56 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

Here's the paragraph that explains the reason for refusal:

As evidence of your marriage you have submitted a marriage certificate stating that the
marriage took place on 24/12/2016. You have also submitted a number of photographs
in support of your application showing what appears to be your marriage
ceremony. However, none of these images has a digital signature or date on them. You
have made notes with regards to two of the images but there is nothing else provided
which substantiates their authenticity. This consideration is further compounded by the
fact that you have provided only limited, undated and unexplained images of your
relationship before and after your purported marriage. I would expect to see this
type of supporting evidence of a genuine and subsisting relationship.
In light of all of the above, this leads me to doubt that your relationship with your sponsor
is as stated.

Here's the list of documents I sent:
Applicant’s Documents
- Original Passport
- 4 Photos
- Birth certificate
- TB Certificate

Sponsor’s Documents:
- Copy of Sponsor's passport (all pages)
- Copy of UK Residence Documentation
- Cover Letter
- Statutory Declaration
- SU07 Form – Sponsorship Undertaking
- Wage Slips
- Employment Letter
- Employment Contract
- Bank Statements
- Letter with accommodation details
- Sponsor's Visa obtained for India trip for the marriage

Relationship Evidence:
- Original Marriage Certificate
- Original Religious Certificate
- Wedding Photos
- Honeymoon e-tickets
- Honeymoon photos
- Parts of Whatsapp Chat

I have reapplied again and submitted more evidence of our relationship (this is an arranged marriage so I have very limited pre wedding evidence). But I attached screenshots of our whatsapp conversation since we got in touch and many more pics. It's been three weeks since the appointment at the visa centre. We received an automated email saying the processing of the application hasn't been straightforward and they couldn't meet the specified 15 days target. I guess I just have to wait and see what happens. Really hoping for a positive response this time.

I'll keep you posted! Anyone else who's gone through similar issues can shed some light and give me some hope?

Thanks