ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA NATIONAL ID CARD VS PASSPORT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

EEA NATIONAL ID CARD VS PASSPORT

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi guy
Just a generic question to help borad members. If because of job reason EEA national cannot be able to send its passport but also has its valid unexpired national ID card then is that acceptable for supporting non-EEA NATIONAL's application of EEA2/EEA4/ILR-10 years long residence (where non-eu spend few years on eea2 and complete 10 years).

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:47 pm

Have you checked the forms? They state "EEA national passport or ID card" in the supporting documents list.

mam2

Post by mam2 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:00 pm

Ukba has recently said time spent under eea regulations cannot be used to add up to 10 year long residence for ilr.
Yes,I ID is acceptable as has already been said.
papa2

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:27 pm

mam2 wrote:Ukba has recently said time spent under eea regulations cannot be used to add up to 10 year long residence for ilr.
I believe this was only referring to time under EEA regulations with derivative rights (Zambrano), not the "standard" rights.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:56 pm

mam2 wrote:Ukba has recently said time spent under eea regulations cannot be used to add up to 10 year long residence for ilr.
Yes,I ID is acceptable as has already been said.

Always believe on authenticated source. Refer to page 32 of the following page what ukba says:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:32 pm

This post I only created to help board members who facing difficulties while sending their EEA's partner passport or while requesting back their EEA's partner passport. If National ID card fulfill this requirement then this problem can be solved with it.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA NATIONAL ID CARD VS PASSPORT

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:54 pm

UKBA HUNTER wrote:Hi guy
Just a generic question to help borad members. If because of job reason EEA national cannot be able to send its passport but also has its valid unexpired national ID card then is that acceptable for supporting non-EEA NATIONAL's application of EEA2/EEA4/ILR-10 years long residence (where non-eu spend few years on eea2 and complete 10 years).
It would be better not to ask "generic questions" as you put it. If you have a problem, please post. If you are thinking of random scenarios, please refrain.

Thanks.

mam2

Post by mam2 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:49 am

Jambo wrote:
I believe this was only referring to time under EEA regulations with derivative rights (Zambrano), not the "standard" rights.
Sorry yes,I got carried away. It is derivative residence card I was referring to as it it what I've been waiting for and therefore tend to read a lot about it. Sorry. :(
papa2