ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA(PR) - Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NickGI
Newly Registered

EEA(PR) - Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Post by NickGI » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:34 pm

Hello. I sincerely hope someone can help me. I am an EEA National and I have lived continuously in the United Kingdom for over twelve and a half years - since July 2004. I am currently in the process of applying for UK Permanent Residence (form EEA(PR). During my time in the UK, I have either worked, sought employment or was self-sufficient (living off my own money whilst out of work). I do hold a UK-issued Residence Permit perusant to Regulation (EEC) No.1612/68 of the Council for the European Communities of 15 October 1968 - which expired in 2010 and which I omitted to renew (issued: 2005). I was self-suffient for a period of over five years and during this time, I was unaware that I may have been required to hold CSI (Comprehensive Sickness Insurance. Just prior to submitting my completed EEA(PR) application, I learnt that it may be declined on the basis of having had no CSI. My question therefore is: (a) could the aforementioned residence permit exempt me from CSI and, (b) as I sold my sole home overseas to fund my living expenses (period of self-sufficiency aforedescribed) and not claim state benefits, exempt me from the CSI requirement? Thank you.

Casa

Re: EEA(PR) - Comprehensive Sickness Insurance

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:49 pm

No, you were not exempt from having CSI.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.