ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Dependant Children Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bathanza

EEA PR Dependant Children Application

Post by bathanza » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:19 pm

Hi there

Just need clarification, for children dependants in the EEA PR application (under 10 years old), do we need to just submit the children's birth certificates or are passports required?

The passports for children are expired and will renew them but will take some time to get through (they are german nationals under 5 year qualified rule), so wanted to know if BC is acceptable.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

noajthan

Re: EEA PR Dependant Children Application

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:39 am

Passport or EU id normally required to prove id.

You have FLR FP on the go so who is the Union citizen qualified person/sponsor here?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi thanks for the reply

Application is for a friend who is a German national married to non EEA partner, not my FLR case.

We have filled out the EEA PR form with a few pending items to clear up, child dependants is the only thing we need to clarify.

Passports for both EEA and Non EEA will be submitted but unsure if child passports need to be submitted too. This is not clear in the guidance note with exception of biometric info.

Both children have the EEA RC in a blue book so assume submitting this + birth certificates are sufficient. Can anyone confirm

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Kindly always clarify who such questions are for to avoid confusion.

Originals required unless not available for justifiable reason outside applicant's control.
Then alternate or previous evidence may be accepted (a la Barnett case law).
Unclear if failure to renew a passport is truly outside applicant's control.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Hi, i made no reference to FLR case personally so was related to EEA Directly.

I called the home office, they require national ID cards or passports for all.

I would recommend to my friend he fills out EEA PR and adds 3 depedants rather than his wife applying. Makes it easier.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:40 pm

bathanza wrote:Hi, i made no reference to FLR case personally so was related to EEA Directly.

I called the home office, they require national ID cards or passports for all.

I would recommend to my friend he fills out EEA PR and adds 3 depedants rather than his wife applying. Makes it easier.
You didn't mention its for a 'friend' when its clearly not your case.

All applicants need to prove who they are. Friend could even have found his answer in guidance.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:52 pm

Many thanks for the reply and guidance given Noajthan. Will keep new threads clearer in the future.

(was going to update the last comment, my friend does not want to go through the EEA PR as he does not want to loose his German-ness :))

Application will be based for Non-EEA spouse sponsored by EEA husband + 2 dependants under the age of 10 living in the UK since 2011. All timelines, documents and proofs are available so it's a matter of ID cards/passports to be created/provided by the German Embassy. Will post a timeline update to keep others informed.

REF why I am posting on his behalf: he is not entirely confident/fluent in English and looked for support rather than legal advice and I recommended we review other posts on this board for guidance.

So far, positive with the application as I don't see any issues. Thanks again

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:21 pm

bathanza wrote:Many thanks for the reply and guidance given Noajthan. Will keep new threads clearer in the future.

(was going to update the last comment, my friend does not want to go through the EEA PR as he does not want to loose his German-ness :))

It is the optional and merely confirmatory DCPR (or PRC document) that people optionally apply for.
Acquiring PR status (which is in fact automatic regardless of someone wanting it to happen or not) will not impact anyone's current nationality.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:57 pm

That is exactly what I said, it's just a confirmation document and it is then used for applying for BC. (which is something he will never do). His family have been panicking about his wife's RC expiring in January and have re-assured him of the rules and the facts that they have already acquired PR in principle and will be OK to travel.