ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR Id card and first entry date

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jyp
Newly Registered

EEA PR Id card and first entry date

Post by jyp » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:45 pm

Hello All,

I am about too submit a paper EEA(PR) application and wanted to seek advice on two issues perhaps someone could help me with:

As an ID I am planning to include my French national ID card. One issue is that recently the French government has extended the validity of these cards to 15 years from the previous 10 so they are officially valid even if the date on the cards has passed. The French consulate in London provides a downloadable notice in English stating this new government decision which I can include with my application. Should I worry about this?

My second question has to do with possible ambiguity about the date of first arrival to the UK. Can I assume that this is the date I started exercising my treaty rights? I have lived and worked continuously in the UK since 1999 which is the date I was thinking of putting. But prior to that I have also lived in the UK for a short period (due to my husband’s job) but left permanently for close to two years prior to settling in 1999.

Many Thanks,

Vonne.

noajthan

Re: EEA PR Id card and first entry date

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:50 pm

jyp wrote:Hello All,

I am about too submit a paper EEA(PR) application and wanted to seek advice on two issues perhaps someone could help me with:

As an ID I am planning to include my French national ID card. One issue is that recently the French government has extended the validity of these cards to 15 years from the previous 10 so they are officially valid even if the date on the cards has passed. The French consulate in London provides a downloadable notice in English stating this new government decision which I can include with my application. Should I worry about this?

My second question has to do with possible ambiguity about the date of first arrival to the UK. Can I assume that this is the date I started exercising my treaty rights? I have lived and worked continuously in the UK since 1999 which is the date I was thinking of putting. But prior to that I have also lived in the UK for a short period (due to my husband’s job) but left permanently for close to two years prior to settling in 1999.

Many Thanks,

Vonne.
Worth including the information just in case caseworker is not up to speed with subleties of French id cards.

First entry sounds like 1997 then.
There were no free movement treaty rights even in 1999 so its not about date of first treaty rights.

Worth checking old passports to see if you got ILR when you entered back in 19-forgotten. If you did then no need to worry about PR.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.