ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (PR) -- Sections 11 and 12?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

astana1
Newly Registered

EEA (PR) -- Sections 11 and 12?

Post by astana1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:20 am

Hi All

Been through the form and the guidance notes many times and still confused.

EEA national in UK for 11 years, always in employment. Spouse and 2 children also EEA nationals.

I am applying for a permanent residence card and want to include spouse and children in the application. Do I need to complete sections 11 and 12? The way these sections read, it would seem that I should skip them because they seem to relate to the situation where the main applicant is the spouse/descendant of the sponsor. However, question 3.2 seems to direct me to complete them.

Thanks all for your help!

noajthan

Re: EEA (PR) -- Sections 11 and 12?

Post by noajthan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:54 am

astana1 wrote:Hi All

Been through the form and the guidance notes many times and still confused.

EEA national in UK for 11 years, always in employment. Spouse and 2 children also EEA nationals.

I am applying for a permanent residence card and want to include spouse and children in the application. Do I need to complete sections 11 and 12? The way these sections read, it would seem that I should skip them because they seem to relate to the situation where the main applicant is the spouse/descendant of the sponsor. However, question 3.2 seems to direct me to complete them.

Thanks all for your help!
Welcome.

The form is generic and poorly-designed (and poorly worded in places) yet used in all sorts of circumstances.
Think of it, if you will, as the only 'proof of English' that applicants on EEA migration route have to face at this stage of the game.

From stated facts, you are the main applicant.

But Q3.2 is (fairly) clear:
If you are (or anyone applying with you is) applying on the basis that you/they are (or have
been) a family member or extended family member during the qualifying period, tick the relevant
box(es) below and complete the relevant section(s) as directed.

I am or have been the spouse, civil partner, or unmarried or same-sex partner of the sponsor.
Complete section 11.

I am or have been the descendant (child or grandchild) aged under 21 of the sponsor, or of the sponsor’s spouse or civil partner.
Complete section 12.
You will face refusal if you don't submit adequate information and/or documentary supporting evidence.
Caseworker will figure it out, they do this day in and day out.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.