ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA worker status for casual workers?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

atenolol
Newly Registered

EEA worker status for casual workers?

Post by atenolol » Sat May 28, 2011 12:30 pm

I work with a company where my contract is a "zero hours contract", i.e. can work as many or little hours I wish so far they can give the shifts. However, I am officially employed with them even with if I do not work regularly and I have P60's for the last 5 years. The contract is thus in essence a permanent one. However, will I be able to get EEA permanent residence as a worker through this even though I have not been working every single month in those 5 years? I forgot to add that my husband pays most of our bill so we do not need get any types of benefit

astra_zeneca888

Re: EEA worker status for casual workers?

Post by astra_zeneca888 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:18 pm

This is a very hot topic at the moment...

A good starting point would be to look for info on XpertHR website

http://www.xperthr.co.uk/news/governmen ... ts/152543/

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:44 pm

under current EEA LAW you may not qualify for PR if you can't prove that you are working continuously for 5 years
But i've seen cases where EEA national send only p60 for five years and home office accepted it and didn't ask for payslip or other documents

Can you please tell us what was your average years income ?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:25 pm

A lot employers write "part time" to "zero hours contract" in employer letters. In that case you can attach employer letter too with p60s. And 5 years p60s must work too if the caseworker will be satisfied from the average wages and not check deeply the every month wages.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS