ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:40 pm

JUBILEE wrote:THANK YOU SO MUCH OLAPOUND, GOD WILL CONTINUE TO GIVE YOU WISDOM.THANKS A LOT. I WILL BE WAITING FOR THEIR ARGUMENT BUT THE LETTER HOME OFFICE SENT WAS THAT ME AND MY IRISH WIFE CAN MOVE TO NIGERIA, HOW IS IT POSSIBLE WHEN BOTH MOTHER AND DAUGHTER ARE ON CONSTANT MEDICATION AND MEDICAL CHECKUP.
Just ignore the letter you can't go to Nigeria with her and 5-6 children. HO are just trying to upset your relationship and see how you respond to it.

Just stay focus and wait for their appeal notes with reasons then you will know how to respond and please have the solicitor assistance on card cos cases differ and it is better to be well prepared than just thinking it will be easy. Nothing good comes easily
Life is a race so run it well

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Re: Sent off our EEA2 application today

Post by Graham Weifang » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:01 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:
Graham Weifang wrote:We both arrived in UK on 22nd October 2013, from Dunkirk.

Her is Non - EEA citizen from China.
I am UK citizen.

We therefore used the Surinder Singh, route, where my wife applied fro EEA-FP in Paris, which was granted, hence, whey we are both in UK now.

So all documents passports, etc, sent off today, 05/12/2013.
So they will receive it all tomorrow.

GW
We got a letter back from H.O. Wednesday 11/12/2013 saying "Thank you fro the application on EEA2, has now been assigned a case worker,,,,,,,,,,,,,, please do not call or ring etc,,,,,,,,,

Surprisingly quick,,,,,,,

GW
I am surprised the Home Office or the UKBA haven't taken off the £55.00 process fee yet.

Hope I remembered to sign the my signature in the bank details section,,,,,,,

It's been 2 weeks already, and they seem to deduct the £55.00 about 3 days after receiving the application.

GW.

OlaDPounds

Re: Sent off our EEA2 application today

Post by OlaDPounds » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:
Graham Weifang wrote:
Graham Weifang wrote:We both arrived in UK on 22nd October 2013, from Dunkirk.

Her is Non - EEA citizen from China.
I am UK citizen.

We therefore used the Surinder Singh, route, where my wife applied fro EEA-FP in Paris, which was granted, hence, whey we are both in UK now.

So all documents passports, etc, sent off today, 05/12/2013.
So they will receive it all tomorrow.

GW
We got a letter back from H.O. Wednesday 11/12/2013 saying "Thank you fro the application on EEA2, has now been assigned a case worker,,,,,,,,,,,,,, please do not call or ring etc,,,,,,,,,

Surprisingly quick,,,,,,,

GW
I am surprised the Home Office or the UKBA haven't taken off the £55.00 process fee yet.

Hope I remembered to sign the my signature in the bank details section,,,,,,,

It's been 2 weeks already, and they seem to deduct the £55.00 about 3 days after receiving the application.

GW.
Hi Graham it might be so but why not confirm if that's the case from the photocopy of the form you sent if you have one and might as well call the HO if it is so the application will be rejected and all document will be returned to you. Cheers

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:36 am

What should I do?

Send a £55.00 postal order with a covering letter?

GW

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:38 am

Graham Weifang wrote:What should I do?

GW
What I will suggest you should do is to contact the HO european helpline and see if they have any information on the system for you and if not wait for them to return your document and resend same documents without changing anything except the signature you want to put. There will be a kind of paper sticker on the application with the original date of application so when you send it back to them they will quickly understand you already submitted it before and was returned for one reason or the other. Don't send them postal order because they won't acknowledge it and trust I experienced such in July this year as I didn't tick what amount should be taken from my account despite I signed but HO rejected my application based on unspecified amount so I sent back same package and just tick amount. Before that time I rang the helpline and I was advised to write the Liverpool office and I was ignorant to have sent them a postal order with a cover letter not knowing my application had been returned but I didn't receive it until the 23rd day from the Royal Mail since then I haven't got my money back. I have sent the HO loads of letter which I still have the copies and yet they haven't returned my money. So best you contact them if no update then wait for some while to see if your application is retuned then sign it and and post it back to them.

kashifch
Newly Registered

Post by kashifch » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:34 am

Graham Weifang wrote:What should I do?

GW
They dont take the payment in 2 situations:
1- There is something missing in application.

2-They will deduct it after you have been issued a COA. A transaction named "EURO" will appear in your statement.

OlaDPounds

Re: EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Sorry to interrupt your comment but don't forget your money is very important to the HO when you put in an application. If something is missing on the application form that does exclude payment information the Ca will process your 55.00 but if it is the payment information missing then they won't and second is that HO will not issue you an acknowledgement letter after few days and also issue you a COA without taken their payment because COA will be issued in Liverpool office while payments are processed in the Durham office and applicaions are now sent to the durham office for processing before it is forwarded to the liverpool office so no payment no COA I believe.

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Do you think I should send an email, to ask the current position of application.

A point to remember is that this is just a "residence confirmation" as we have done all the hard leg work in Germany/France, when we applied for an Surinder Singh EEA-FP visa, which was granted.

According to the UKBA website, the application for a residence card, is purely by our own decision.

My non-eea wife has found work in UK, and has a job in UK, has NiNo, her employers are quite happy with her current visa, so I can't really see that there should be any questioning about this application.

What email address should I use, should we decide to ask the current position?

GW

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Hi Graham happy new year to you. I just went through you post and I will advise you ring the HO tomorrow morning for update and also send a letter to Liverpool permanent migration for query regarding your application and why it has taken so long for money to be taken neither was COA issued to your wife.

shebembi
Newly Registered

Post by shebembi » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:34 am

please guys i am new on this forum but i seriously need your assistance. the problem is my application for eea2 was refused and the refusal letter is dated 6th of december but only got the information from my solicitor about 3days ago. Do i still have ground to appeal as it has definitely exceeded the 10 working days allowed. can i inform immigration tribunal as regards it as the reason for delay. Please guys HELP, HELP and HELP!!!

patbay
Newly Registered

Post by patbay » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:08 am

It's a shame your solicitor has let you down. I will suggest if you can meet or prove that the refusal was unlawful by providing further evidence, your next line of action is to re-apply as the tribunal will not accept a late appeal. Good Luck

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:42 pm

shebembi wrote:please guys i am new on this forum but i seriously need your assistance. the problem is my application for eea2 was refused and the refusal letter is dated 6th of december but only got the information from my solicitor about 3days ago. Do i still have ground to appeal as it has definitely exceeded the 10 working days allowed. can i inform immigration tribunal as regards it as the reason for delay. Please guys HELP, HELP and HELP!!!
Hi sorry it happened but there is still opportunity to put in your appeal if you think the appeal is your best chance to get your RC. The IAC will allow a late appeal if you can give them a genuine reason why you are sending your appeal that late so I am just surprise the other member says the tribunal does not allow late application.

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:43 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:Do you think I should send an email, to ask the current position of application.

A point to remember is that this is just a "residence confirmation" as we have done all the hard leg work in Germany/France, when we applied for an Surinder Singh EEA-FP visa, which was granted.

According to the UKBA website, the application for a residence card, is purely by our own decision.

My non-eea wife has found work in UK, and has a job in UK, has NiNo, her employers are quite happy with her current visa, so I can't really see that there should be any questioning about this application.

What email address should I use, should we decide to ask the current position?

GW
Hi Graham any update yet?

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Hi Ola,

Just got the standard recorded message, no one to actually speak to.
I sent off a couple of emails, but alas, no reply to them either.

Perhaps I should just send £55 postal order off, then at least I get a reply.

Should I send to Durham, where the application was posted to, or Liverpool where the acknowledgement came from?

Which correct address

GW

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:28 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:Hi Ola,

Should I send to Durham, where the application was posted to, or Liverpool where the acknowledgement came from?

Which correct address

GW
If you have decided sending them the postal order then send it to the Liverpool address where the acknowledgement came from. cheers

Sunsat

Post by Sunsat » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I have submitted my application for EEA2 after Marriage with EU national.

Applications sent: 28/11/2013
Application received there: 29/11/2013

HO haven't deducted my fee yet. So,I haven't received any acknowledgement as well.

Please can anybody advise me, whether do i need to contact HO or not to check, why they didn't deduct my fee and what's about COA?

Or do i need to wait more...is anybody here with same situation which is being faced by me?

million111

Post by million111 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:07 pm

I think something is wrong.If they can't take the money they will return your application. Are you sure you did not make mistake because it long they haven't taken the money.

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:24 am

Sunsat wrote:Hi Guys,

HO haven't deducted my fee yet. So,I haven't received any acknowledgement as well.

Please can anybody advise me, whether do i need to contact HO or not to check, why they didn't deduct my fee and what's about COA?

Or do i need to wait more...is anybody here with same situation which is being faced by me?
Hi yes there is a member on the forum in same both as you and the reason can be either you didn't state amount to be deducted from your account nor did you sign the section for authorisation. HO wants your money but they won't process any few of you fail to give them a full authorisation. So I will advise you ring the tomorrow and ask them and if your application have been returned they will tell you for any reason they will tell you.

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:58 am

OlaDPounds wrote:

Hi yes there is a member on the forum in same both as you and the reason can be either you didn't state amount to be deducted from your account nor did you sign the section for authorisation. HO wants your money but they won't process any few of you fail to give them a full authorisation. So I will advise you ring the tomorrow and ask them and if your application have been returned they will tell you for any reason they will tell you.
Best number to ring?

GW

kashifch
Newly Registered

Post by kashifch » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:03 am

Graham Weifang wrote:
OlaDPounds wrote:

Best number to ring?

GW
For EEA residency related enquiries
0845 010 5200

Active Hours:
Monday to Thursday 09:00 to 16:45
Friday 09:00 to 16:30

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:00 am

Graham Weifang wrote:
OlaDPounds wrote:

Best number to ring?

GW
Call 0151 672 5626

Graham Weifang
Mood:
China

Post by Graham Weifang » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:19 am

OlaDPounds wrote:

Which correct address

GW
If you have decided sending them the postal order then send it to the Liverpool address where the acknowledgement came from. cheers
I wrote a cover letter with explanation why I was enclosing a postal order for £55.00
Made a copy of the letter of acknowledgement that we received from them when they received our document pack.
And of course, wrote the EA reference number along with our names on the reverse of the postal order.

So one way or the other, if they process, they will have their £55.00.

I am not too concerned, as I know they will either not debit my bank account, or return my £55.00 postal order.

All sent off first class yesterday Tuesday 7th January, so arrive in Liverpool today Wednesday 8th January.

Tried to ring again yesterday, but always only got a recorded message.
Does any one know the options to press, to actually speak to a human?

GW

anj03

Post by anj03 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi OLA POUNDS can u tell me how long they take to reply us for re consideration bcoz I make request on 16th of December 2013 and till now I not hear any thing from there side so if u have any idea please give me some advice about re consideration plz.

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:32 pm

anj03 wrote:Hi OLA POUNDS can u tell me how long they take to reply us for re consideration bcoz I make request on 16th of December 2013 and till now I not hear any thing from there side so if u have any idea please give me some advice about re consideration plz.
Hi Anj a reconsideration shouldn't take too long but remember the festive period would have disrupt the date and days counting so what I will suggest is you should call the enquiry line and speak to them and see what they will tell you and if they have any information to give to you.

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:37 pm

Graham Weifang wrote:
OlaDPounds wrote:

Which correct address

GW
I wrote a cover letter with explanation why I was enclosing a postal order for £55.00
Made a copy of the letter of acknowledgement that we received from them when they received our document pack.
And of course, wrote the EA reference number along with our names on the reverse of the postal order.

So one way or the other, if they process, they will have their £55.00.

I am not too concerned, as I know they will either not debit my bank account, or return my £55.00 postal order.

All sent off first class yesterday Tuesday 7th January, so arrive in Liverpool today Wednesday 8th January.

Tried to ring again yesterday, but always only got a recorded message.
Does any one know the options to press, to actually speak to a human?

GW
Hi Graham,

It's option 1 then option 2. Cheers