ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

OlaDPounds

Re: EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by OlaDPounds » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:52 pm

RanaJee wrote:
OlaDPounds wrote:
RanaJee wrote:Thanks mr. Olapounds,
you are such a nice man. I am very thankful to you. I was so stressed but now i am relaxed.

My appeal was allowed dated on 14 january 2014.... can you tell me "how long more can home office take to issue RC".

Thanks again
You're welcome and that's why we are all here to assist one another. According to the the HO procedure they have 4 weeks to process the determination and another 4 weeks to process the RC but in some cases it takes longer and some was quicker. So fingers crossed you get it after 4 weeks.

Thank you very much
No worries. Cheers
Life is a race so run it well

resident001
Newly Registered

Post by resident001 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:51 am

We sent our appeal in September.
Last day to submit documents was December 12th 2013.
Our case was heard (paper) on January 15th.
Does anyone have experience how long it should take until we hear from the court?
Thank you.

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:11 am

resident001 wrote:We sent our appeal in September.
Last day to submit documents was December 12th 2013.
Our case was heard (paper) on January 15th.
Does anyone have experience how long it should take until we hear from the court?
Thank you.
Hi paper hearing decision time varies as most of us can't be specific but putting into account experience shared on the forum so far it can take up from 4-8weeks and maybe less if your case is a straight forward one for the judge to decide.

MsSadiq
Newly Registered

Post by MsSadiq » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:20 am

Hi Everybody,
hope everything is fine with all of you!!!

25 Nov 2013 - Hearing date
28 Nov 2013 - Determination from the judge - We are the winner!!!
22 Dec 2013 - Received money back from HO
27 Jan 2014 - My husband's still waiting for RC...

This nightmare began on April 2012...When we can have a nice dream again???
Someone knows how long do he has to wait more?

Thanks.

Good night and sweet dreams!!!

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:57 am

MsSadiq wrote:Hi Everybody,

Thanks.

Hi congratulation to your husband for winning is case. I can confirm to you the HO procedure time is up which is suppose to be 56 days and they also make it clear you can contact them after 8 weeks so my question will be have you contacted the HO after you received your determination at all? If you haven't then you need to ring them tomorrow morning and ask for update from the operator.

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:58 pm

Hey all, I hope it's ok that I post here. I'm appealing an EEA4 decision, and I couldn't find a thread specific to that.

I received a letter that my appeal was received by the tribunal on Sept 24, and details on how to pay the fee. I'm in receipt of legal aid (still allowed for immigration cases in Northern Ireland) and my solicitor forwarded a copy of my legal aid certificate to the tribunal so the fee would be waived. I then received a letter on Nov 15 stating that my appeal was closed due to non-payment of fee. My solicitor immediately re-submitted his original letter, another copy of my legal aid certificate, and another letter reiterating that I was exempt from the fee. I received no further written correspondence from the tribunal, so I called them in mid-December to ensure that they received the documentation and that my appeal was back on the list to wait for a hearing. The man I spoke to said yes, it was all sorted and I would receive a date in due course. However, reading this thread, it seems most people receive a date shortly after submitting an appeal. Is there anyone else here that has had an appeal heard in Belfast, and if so, how long did you wait to get a hearing date?

mian

Post by mian » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:30 pm

hi,

my oral hearing held on 23rd december 2013, till now i havnt heard anything from tribunal , today i call them and they told me judge havnt made any decision,
its more than 4 weeks any idea how long it will take ?
but my 2nd fresh application which submit on 20 Oct 2013 still underprocess in UKBA ,

any suggection about appeal decision time ?

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:20 pm

yankeegirl wrote:Hey all, I hope it's ok that I post here. I'm appealing an EEA4 decision, and I couldn't find a thread specific to that.

I received a letter that my appeal was received by the tribunal on Sept 24, and details on how to pay the fee. I'm in receipt of legal aid (still allowed for immigration cases in Northern Ireland) and my solicitor forwarded a copy of my legal aid certificate to the tribunal so the fee would be waived. I then received a letter on Nov 15 stating that my appeal was closed due to non-payment of fee. My solicitor immediately re-submitted his original letter, another copy of my legal aid certificate, and another letter reiterating that I was exempt from the fee. I received no further written correspondence from the tribunal, so I called them in mid-December to ensure that they received the documentation and that my appeal was back on the list to wait for a hearing. The man I spoke to said yes, it was all sorted and I would receive a date in due course. However, reading this thread, it seems most people receive a date shortly after submitting an appeal. Is there anyone else here that has had an appeal heard in Belfast, and if so, how long did you wait to get a hearing date?
Never mind, you should get a date between now and next week, I cannot also imagine that your hearing would extend for more than 2 months due to your location. Someone on this thread who appealed mid December has a date about 2 weeks ago.

MsSadiq
Newly Registered

Post by MsSadiq » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:52 pm

OlaDPounds wrote:

Thanks.

Hi congratulation to your husband for winning is case. I can confirm to you the HO procedure time is up which is suppose to be 56 days and they also make it clear you can contact them after 8 weeks so my question will be have you contacted the HO after you received your determination at all? If you haven't then you need to ring them tomorrow morning and ask for update from the operator.
Hi, and thanks for your reply.
Actually we didn't call them because my husband's solicitor said it is better send a reminder by fax or post.
I've always told to solicitor to ring but he always said no one answered the phone.
So, I think it's better I will call the HO tomorrow.
Can someone tell me what number I have to call?
Many thanks.

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:51 am

MsSadiq wrote:
OlaDPounds wrote:

Thanks.

Hi, and thanks for your reply.
Actually we didn't call them because my husband's solicitor said it is better send a reminder by fax or post.
I've always told to solicitor to ring but he always said no one answered the phone.
So, I think it's better I will call the HO tomorrow.
Can someone tell me what number I have to call?
Many thanks.
Sorry for the late reply

You can call them free on 0151 672 5626

MsSadiq
Newly Registered

Post by MsSadiq » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:12 pm

Hello, and thanks.
I called that number this morning and the call was cutted off after an automathic voice said that they can't give any processing time update for application made less than 6 months ago. Then, I didn't have any choice to make.
What's going on?
My patient is going to be overlimit.
We HAVE TO go in Italy (my country) as my father is very sick in the hospital and he wishes to meet for the first time his son-in-law!!!
I've already written this to HO in a letter but they didn't reply me at all.
What can I do more???
Thanks again.

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:33 am

MsSadiq wrote:Hello, and thanks.
I called that number this morning and the call was cutted off after an automathic voice said that they can't give any processing time update for application made less than 6 months ago. Then, I didn't have any choice to make.
What's going on?
My patient is going to be overlimit.
We HAVE TO go in Italy (my country) as my father is very sick in the hospital and he wishes to meet for the first time his son-in-law!!!
I've already written this to HO in a letter but they didn't reply me at all.
What can I do more???
Thanks again.
Hello,

I guess te reason you were unable to speak to human is because you didn't select the right option so try again

0151 672 5626 ( Opt1, then 2 n 2

MsSadiq
Newly Registered

Post by MsSadiq » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:43 am

Goodmorning and many thanks for your help.
A really polite woman answered the phone andI explained her our position.
She suggested me to required my husband's passport back as she doesn't know when his RC will arrive.
I have another question: Can my husband travel with his passport even if he doesn't have a RC? Does the HO can give him a temporary permission to travel in Italy for the time of our visit?
I'm so confused as our solicitor said it isn't possible require his documents back.
Instead, the woman said it is possible and this action doesn't stop his residence card application...

anj03

Post by anj03 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:43 pm

HI again OLA POUNDS and other members on this forum I want to know if HO accept reconsideration how long they take again about there decision i think Ola pound know my story very well but I write again again here
1-EEA2 apply on 15th april 2013
2-Refuse with right of appeal on 3rd of dec2013
3-Appeal and reconsideration request on 11th dec2013
4-Appeal hearing date receive 30th july2014 on 18th jan2014
5-Call to HO regarding reconsideration request 19thjan2014
6-Receive letter dated 23jan2014 on27th2014 they accept my reconsideration

I apply as a unmarried partner can any body advice me how long they take after send supporting documents please thanks in advance for every body who riding this post. :)

anj03

Post by anj03 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:13 pm

HI again OLA POUNDS and other members on this forum I want to know if HO accept reconsideration how long they take again about there decision i think Ola pound know my story very well but I write again again here
1-EEA2 apply on 15th april 2013
2-Refuse with right of appeal on 3rd of dec2013
3-Appeal and reconsideration request on 11th dec2013
4-Appeal hearing date receive 30th july2014 on 18th jan2014
5-Call to HO regarding reconsideration request 19thjan2014
6-Receive letter dated 23jan2014 on27th2014 they accept my reconsideration

I apply as a unmarried partner can any body advice me how long they take after send supporting documents please thanks in advance for every body who riding this post. :)
can any body advice me how long they take again for give me new decision .

anj03

Post by anj03 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi there any body have any idea about reconsideration request how long HO take again after submit all the relevant documents if they accept reconsideration request please.

RanaJee
Newly Registered

Post by RanaJee » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi,
I have already won appeal and now i am waiting for more than 3 weeks. Is there any email address to contact with them. It is very difficult to wait now.

My timeline is:
Application :october 2011
Coa: november 2011
Home Visit left number to call them: March 2012 (we were at work)
we call them very next day and went for interview following day. March 2012
Refused: may 2012
appeal: september 2012
Dismissed: october 2012

2nd application: november 2012
coa : december 2012
refused : august 2013

Appeal: august 2013
Hearing date: december 2013
Appeal won: jan 2014.

And now i am waiting for rc.

Its a long wait.

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:54 pm

RanaJee wrote:Hi,
I have already won appeal and now i am waiting for more than 3 weeks. Is there any email address to contact with them. It is very difficult to wait now.

My timeline is:
Application :october 2011
Coa: november 2011
Home Visit left number to call them: March 2012 (we were at work)
we call them very next day and went for interview following day. March 2012
Refused: may 2012
appeal: september 2012
Dismissed: october 2012

2nd application: november 2012
coa : december 2012
refused : august 2013

Appeal: august 2013
Hearing date: december 2013
Appeal won: jan 2014.

And now i am waiting for rc.

Its a long wait.
Hi congratulation on your appeal but I shall advice you have some patience as the HO procedure takes 8 weeks to process your RC after appeal won but can come earlier just after 4 weeks is good to start expecting. I wish you good luck.

Favour100

Post by Favour100 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:45 am

Please Guys, Olapounds help me, my application for ROR has just been refused with a right of appeal and i received the envelope back yesterday dated on the 4th February 2014,
The Reason for Refusal is .....
(1) I did not provide a valid national passport or identity card or any other documents as evidence of my identity, and my passport was retained with RC still valid inside

Please when i sent my application in November 30th 2013, I provide all necessary documents, my old passport but my RC still valid inside and with Full UK drivers licence,

Pls help me guys i dont know how to go about it bcos i submited a prove of identity like my Full Uk driving licence

Thanks for your help soon
Seek You Shall Find, Ask you shall Be Given, Knock The Doors Shall be Open For You... Said The Lord God Almighty

appealalready

Post by appealalready » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:51 pm

Hi @Oladpounds,

You can request an urgent consideration of your request for judicial review. I can speak from experience. Judicial Review is fast and I have had a review within a few days on several occasions. You just need the correct form.

http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/leg ... rocess.pdf

You can read what they publish online or you can talk to people who have been through it, or to people who work there.

Judicial review is for more than awarding appeal costs. The judge will usually award costs during the appeal.

No procedure guarantees success. The point of court is for both sides to have their say. I am not sure where you are coming from.

appealalready

Post by appealalready » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:55 pm

@RanaJee,

I won my appeal in mid January and they mailed my residence card on 1 Feb.

Email a pre action protocol letter to ukbapap@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Here is the template for the letter, called a "Letter before Claim"

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proced ... v#IDAGJKCC

Here is information:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

appealalready

Post by appealalready » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:58 pm

@ Favour100

Email a pre action protocol letter to the Home Office and tell them what you provided - briefly.

The team is responsible for working out problems before they get to court.

They will follow up on your issues and mail you a letter.

I personally have not found any other department to respond as quickly or as fully as the Pre Action Protocol Team.

email ukbapap@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

letter http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proced ... v#IDAGJKCC

OlaDPounds

Post by OlaDPounds » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Favour100 wrote:Please Guys, Olapounds help me, my application for ROR has just been refused with a right of appeal and i received the envelope back yesterday dated on the 4th February 2014,
The Reason for Refusal is .....
(1) I did not provide a valid national passport or identity card or any other documents as evidence of my identity, and my passport was retained with RC still valid inside

Please when i sent my application in November 30th 2013, I provide all necessary documents, my old passport but my RC still valid inside and with Full UK drivers licence,

Pls help me guys i dont know how to go about it bcos i submited a prove of identity like my Full Uk driving licence

Thanks for your help soon
Hi Favour100,

What I see in your case is not something you need to panic about. I will suggest you book appointment with your country passport office for a new passport if you get it then you can send it to the HO and request for a reconsideration. The validity of your passport is more important to any official authority than a driver's license. Don't forget that copy of the passport was taken to issue a provisional license and your license can expire in 10 years time from date of issue compared to a passport that can expire in 5 years. HO have their reason too but I will suggest you apply for a renewal passport with your embassy and that should do it for you without going to court nor involving any third party.

RanaJee
Newly Registered

Post by RanaJee » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:57 pm

appealalready wrote:@RanaJee,

I won my appeal in mid January and they mailed my residence card on 1 Feb.

Email a pre action protocol letter to ukbapap@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Here is the template for the letter, called a "Letter before Claim"

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/proced ... v#IDAGJKCC

Here is information:

Thank you.
I will send email now. lets see what they say.

anj03

Post by anj03 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi there OLA POUNDS and other members can any body have any idea about reconsideration request how long HO take again after submit all the relevant documents if they accept reconsideration request please. 8)