ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akon
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by akon » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi guys, I need your advice.
I am Sri Lankan (working) and my wife is Polish (staying at home with our 1,5 year old baby). We applied for her as self sufficient based on my salary. We had sickness insurance. We got refusal:

"It is the impression of the Home Office that if you were not working, then your EEA National Sponsor would solely be dependant upon public funds this meaning that they are not fully self sufficient and therefore are a burden upon public funds."

I don't know what to do now. Should I appeal or reapply? And anyway what should I send them?

helba2
Newly Registered

Post by helba2 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi everyone
i got refusal for 3 times finally i won my appeal but i am still waiting for my passport and R C :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I sent e-mail to H O 3 days ago but they did not reply. can someone send me the telephone number OF home office
timeline
application 1/2103
7/2013 refused
application8/2013
refused 12/2013
application 2/2014
refused 6/2014
appeal allowed 8/8/2014

LifeintheUK
Newly Registered

Post by LifeintheUK » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:22 pm

helba2 wrote:Hi everyone
i got refusal for 3 times finally i won my appeal but i am still waiting for my passport and R C :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I sent e-mail to H O 3 days ago but they did not reply. can someone send me the telephone number OF home office
timeline
application 1/2103
7/2013 refused
application8/2013
refused 12/2013
application 2/2014
refused 6/2014
appeal allowed 8/8/2014
Hi if you don't mind can u share what was the reason of your refusal? Thanks

rafay
Newly Registered

Post by rafay » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:16 am

Dear All,

We were on hearing and this went all very well all questions were correct judge said you will receive determination letter after 2 to 3 weeks I am confused if this is the winning case does that mean judge has to tell us on the spot that your appeal is allowed and you will get determination after 2 weeks.
could any one help out this matter please, Judge did not tell whether we win the case or lose??? The home office Representative still on end elaborate our case that this is marriage of convenience.
Looking towards any body kind reply
Regards
Rafay

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:51 am

It doesn't mean your appeal has been allowed, Ftt do not usually pronounce it's decision on the day, unlike the UTT, stay calm and hope for the best.

teetee4Z

Post by teetee4Z » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:34 pm

Neither does it mean your appeal has been dismissed, you will know the decision when your receive the determination.

rafay
Newly Registered

Post by rafay » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:36 pm

Thanks for your reply. What do u mean by Ftt and utt?

teetee4Z

Post by teetee4Z » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:54 am

He meant first tier tribunal and upper tier tribunal.

helba2
Newly Registered

Post by helba2 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:43 am

Hi everyone
I am in a bad mood in this time its so hard to wait for the decision and residence card because will take long long time i do not know why :?: . My husband and my children have Dutch passport. I have been in the UK since 2006 and i got 5 years after that :o i applied for residence card for 3 times but were refused:cry: :cry:
app 1 my solicitor applied for ILR
app 2 my solicitor did not send bank statement
app 3 HO did not accept my husband's payslip

barin
Newly Registered

Post by barin » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:56 am

@ marilin i just want to know how far with your appeal it is more than 90 days already

marilin
Newly Registered

Post by marilin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:11 pm

barin wrote:@ marilin i just want to know how far with your appeal it is more than 90 days already
If we count from the date when decision has been made by the judge-27.06,it should be 27.09, but according to their records,they're counting from the 10.07,so the very deadline should be 10.10.
I called them yesterday and they said that the internal checks have been requested on 29.09, and I have no idea what that means.Does anybody know? Also I asked to refer me to a manager and they took my number and said they'll call me back by the end of the week.. Well,they should issue me a RC by the end of the week, not just call!

barin
Newly Registered

Post by barin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:09 pm

Hopefully your RC is issued on time by his grace! My case is similar to yours too, my appeal was allowed on the 22nd of july 2014 and call HO weekly which i was told to wait till after 90 days which 22nd of october 2014.. Fingerscross

helba2
Newly Registered

Post by helba2 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:14 pm

barin
Can you send me HO's number plz?
my appeal was allowed on 8/8 i sent email to HO last week but they did not reply :cry:

barin
Newly Registered

Post by barin » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:33 pm

helba2 wrote:barin
Can you send me HO's number plz?
my appeal was allowed on 8/8 i sent email to HO last week but they did not reply :cry:

HO number 03001232253

Rocknahardplace
Newly Registered

appeal was allowed 16/7/14

Post by Rocknahardplace » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:02 pm

hello all.
my appeal was allowed in mid july, i have contacted my local mp as well, however, my wife is now no longer a student and is currently in her home country. i have mentioned this to the MP and given her the reasons as well.
now can the UKBA still refuse me an eea2 even after my appeal has been fully allowed by the judge?
can they ask me how my wife is exercising her treaty rights??

i still have comprehensive insurance but dont know how much money i need to show in my wife's account to show we are self sufficient.. scared as hell..

they say i will hear something within this month though. they replied to my MP saying a decision will be made in 28 days but im still scared....

applied - 31/12/12
refused - 10/10/14
appeal - 15/07/14 (fully allowed)
RC - ????

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:15 pm

Appellants time and again have allowed UKBA to dictate the time frame for making EEA decisions outside of the discretion available to them, Judicial Review is there for a reason. The department attitude is beyond annoying.

Rocknahardplace
Newly Registered

Re: appeal was allowed 16/7/14

Post by Rocknahardplace » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:45 am

Rocknahardplace wrote:hello all.
my appeal was allowed in mid july, i have contacted my local mp as well, however, my wife is now no longer a student and is currently in her home country. i have mentioned this to the MP and given her the reasons as well.
now can the UKBA still refuse me an eea2 even after my appeal has been fully allowed by the judge?

i still have comprehensive insurance but dont know how much money i need to show in my wife's account to show we are self sufficient.. scared as hell..

they say i will hear something within this month though. they replied to my MP saying a decision will be made in 28 days but im still scared....

applied - 31/12/12
refused - 10/10/14
RC - ????

anybody know what i should do in my case???

Rocknahardplace
Newly Registered

Re: appeal was allowed 16/7/14

Post by Rocknahardplace » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:45 am

Rocknahardplace wrote:hello all.

applied - 31/12/12
refused - 10/10/14
RC - ????

anybody know what i should do in my case???

marilin
Newly Registered

Post by marilin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:48 am

@Rocknahardplace I don't see why you should do anything.Your appeal has been allowed and if HO didn't challenge the decision,they should issue you a RC. Well,that's what I've been told by my solicitor anyway,when I asked if there would be any problems.. Because I'm outside of 90 days wait at the moment,and can't stop worrying myself..
I called them today again and they told me that I'm "at the top of the queue",and that it has been passed to a case worker and "the decision will be made on Wednesday-Thursday next week"
And I should receive it within 3-4 weeks
It's all really frustrating,but I guess I should just wait and call them few times a week.
Anyone here who's waiting after the appeal for over 3 month?

Rocknahardplace
Newly Registered

Post by Rocknahardplace » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:09 am

marilin wrote:@Rocknahardplace I don't see why you should do anything.Your appeal has been allowed and if HO didn't challenge the decision,they should issue you a RC. Well,that's what I've been told by my solicitor anyway,when I asked if there would be any problems.. Because I'm outside of 90 days wait at the moment,and can't stop worrying myself..
I called them today again and they told me that I'm "at the top of the queue",and that it has been passed to a case worker and "the decision will be made on Wednesday-Thursday next week"
And I should receive it within 3-4 weeks
It's all really frustrating,but I guess I should just wait and call them few times a week.
Anyone here who's waiting after the appeal for over 3 month?

thanks a lot for the update man, as I'm sure you can understand, the situation is getting really frustrating now..
i did speak to them they said they are pulling my file out of storage today..
lets see what happens.. hopefully we get some good news..

Rocknahardplace
Newly Registered

Post by Rocknahardplace » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:23 pm

@marilin

any news yet??
i spoke to someone today who said my final checks are being conducted right now, and i should receive my final decision within 2 weeks, so i am just waiting now..
this is going to be a long 2 weeks..

helba2
Newly Registered

Post by helba2 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:59 pm

barin wrote:@ marilin i just want to know how far with your appeal it is more than 90 days already
Did u receive ur RC?

Sevenjack
Newly Registered

Post by Sevenjack » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:18 am

Good morning,

I came to the UK as a Russian Citizen (even if with an unlimited Schengen residence permit) with a EEA family permit as my unmarried partner is an Italian Citizen.

She is working for a company based in Italy, so she doesn't exercise the treaty rights to work in the UK (as written in my letter of refusal reason).
We also got more then £ 5,400 on our bank accounts.

After my first month of stay in London, I found a job with a salary of £ 15,350 per year, with a regular contract Agreement, that I attached to my EEA2 residence card application.

Now I got fired because the company where I worked failed and closed down, but few weeks ago me and my collegue decided to open a trade company to continue the work made so far.

What should I do now? Make an appeal for the EEA2 Residence Card or apply for another type of Visa?

I received the refusal letter on the 27th September, while the date on the documents is the 12th.

We both have an Italian Health Insurance Card (Carta dei servizi sanitari Europea) and the NHS registration number here in the UK.
We both have a UK bank account. We both provided evidence of our works (her work in Italy with an employee contract and an employer's letter as a reference) - (my work in the UK with my job contract and all the references).

The reason written on the refusal letter is the following: "Upon assessing the employer letter the Secretary of State has undertaken various checks to verify the employement, but has been unable to do so for the following reason: The company your EEA family member claims to work for is not based within the United Kingdom
Due to the reason noted above therefore unable for the Home Office to grant a Residence Card as the EEA national is not excersing treaty rights inside the United Kingdom. The Home Office does not deem it viable that the EEA national could reside inside the United Kingdom but also work 40 hours a week outside of the United Kingdom in Milan, Italy.
Whilst every attempt has been made by the UK Border Agency to establish your EEA family member's employement the burden of proof rests with the applicant to provide such evidence and you have failed to do so.
It is therefore concluded that you have failed to provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate that your EEA family member is currently a qualified person in the United Kingdom as a worker, as detailed under Regulation 6 of the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006."

What I can't understand is that on the form of the EEA2 Residence card application there was written that the EEA member can provide just the evidence of a job-seeker of self-sufficient person and we provided also all our bank statement, both British and Italian, and there are enough funds to provide for ourselfs for at least 6 months.
Here is what is written in the EEA2 form:

"YOUR RIGHT TO RESIDE IN THE UK
The non-EEA family members of an EEA national have a right to reside in the UK if
their EEA national family member has a permanent right of residence or is exercising
a Treaty right in one of the following ways:
• Worker
• Self-employed
• Student
• Economically self-sufficient (including retired people)
• Jobseeker
• Temporarily incapacitated"

Do you need to know any further information to give me an advice? I can provide anything you need, or if you can just tell me to who should I talk to ask to RECONSIDER just the answer, without appealing, as probably I can't do an appeal as I have to do that in 10 days after the date of the decision, which is the 12th September on the letter, but I received the envelop on the 27th September (without any prints or evidence that they just delivered on this date, and without any my sign for the receival, as I suppose should be).

I submitted the appeal and they already received the payment online for an oral hearing, with all my reasons and explanation for the delay (as I received the envelop only on the 27th September, submitted the appeal on the 1st October, even though the date on the refusal notice is the 12th September). As my tenancy agreement ends on the 22nd October, now I need to know how long will it take to have an answer from the Tribunal and for the oral hearing as I need also to understand if I have to extend my rental or to buy tickets to come back to Italy.

Does anybody know which would be the ETA for an answer??

Thanks

Evgeny

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:48 am

Does your partner lives full time in the UK? Or he works in Milan and returns to the UK? Where is the company registered? To which country does he pay his taxes?

Sevenjack
Newly Registered

Post by Sevenjack » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:48 am

My partner is working for a social media sevice company called Zodiak based in Milan, so she can work also on her computer in every different country in the world. What I can't understand is that I paid already more then 1,500 £ of taxes to the UK tax office that my payrolls can prove in these months that I stayed here and worked.
Now I'm continuing working and I paid also more taxes also related to the VAT paid that is more then £ 7,000 now.

I paid for the appeal now which I submitted on the 1st October 2014. How much time will it take to have an answer as my EEA1 family permit expired on the 17th August 2014 and I don't want to have an overstay of too many months.

Please let me know if you have this information.

Thanks in advance.