ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ebenkug
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Appeal Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by ebenkug » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:26 pm

sarahangel2015 wrote:Hi, ebenkug & LifeintheUK

My situation is look like same.

I won my appeal in First tribunal now soon going to UTT for hearing.
Some questions where wrong on interview at liverpool and Home office is thinking on the basis of these questions that marriage of convenience.

We won in first tribunal and home office appeal against FTT Judge.

Please share some experience or suggestions thanks.

Regards
Sunny
Hello, the home office has appealed against my case too, have u got a date for the UTT yet? And share some info about it if you have

ebenkug
Newly Registered

Post by ebenkug » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Hello, does anybody had an idea what goes on at the UTT after home office appeal against a decision from the FTT? Pls help the home office has appealed again the case I won at Tue FTT

sarahangel2015
Newly Registered

Post by sarahangel2015 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:57 am

ebenkug wrote:Hello, does anybody had an idea what goes on at the UTT after home office appeal against a decision from the FTT? Pls help the home office has appealed again the case I won at Tue FTT

I have the same question to everybody as well thanks..........

ebenkug
Newly Registered

Post by ebenkug » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:19 pm

sarahangel2015 wrote:
ebenkug wrote:Hello, does anybody had an idea what goes on at the UTT after home office appeal against a decision from the FTT? Pls help the home office has appealed again the case I won at Tue FTT

I guess while waiting we should be praying as well, because the Tribunal can dismiss the home office appeal as well.

sarahangel2015
Newly Registered

Post by sarahangel2015 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:37 am

ebenkug wrote:
sarahangel2015 wrote:

I guess while waiting we should be praying as well, because the Tribunal can dismiss the home office appeal as well.
What your solicitor is saying any idea, what will happen in UTT .......Is any one here can help about UTT

ebenkug
Newly Registered

Post by ebenkug » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:33 pm

My solicitor says we have to wait for the tribunal''s decision first, he thinks it's most likely they will dismiss the appeal

sarahangel2015
Newly Registered

Post by sarahangel2015 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:53 pm

ebenkug wrote:My solicitor says we have to wait for the tribunal''s decision first, he thinks it's most likely they will dismiss the appeal

Just let you know first that Home office will never dismiss you have to go UTT.

ebenkug
Newly Registered

Post by ebenkug » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:20 pm

sarahangel2015 wrote:
ebenkug wrote:My solicitor says we have to wait for the tribunal''s decision first, he thinks it's most likely they will dismiss the appeal

Just let you know first that Home office will never dismiss you have to go UTT.
That's OK if u say that, but it's really not far from what one goes through at FTT, n it's the tribunal that gives the permission for an appeal not the home office, the home office is telling the tribunal that they've made an error in their judgment so is up to the tribunal to go through the home office reasons of appeal n give it a chance, so u see there's the possibility that the appeal can be dismissed by the tribunal if they see no error in their judgement, so don't be too sure of the outcome.

sarahangel2015
Newly Registered

Post by sarahangel2015 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:26 pm

Hi,

Is any body here gone through UTT appeal process after winning FTT please explain in detail thanks.

Regards
S.A

philme
Newly Registered

Post by philme » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi everyone, i applied and won my appeal for EEA family dependant (residence card) And form what i've heard HO has 3 weeks to further appeal the judges decision which they didn't. i waited 2 months and 2 weeks before i got a letter from the court saying the Home office have decided to appeal the decision. Can anyone tell me if they have the right to do this after that time elapsed and if they have any idea why HO suddenly decided to challenge the judges decision.

Thank you.

johnny9765

Post by johnny9765 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:15 pm

philme wrote:Hi everyone, i applied and won my appeal for EEA family dependant (residence card) And form what i've heard HO has 3 weeks to further appeal the judges decision which they didn't. i waited 2 months and 2 weeks before i got a letter from the court saying the Home office have decided to appeal the decision. Can anyone tell me if they have the right to do this after that time elapsed and if they have any idea why HO suddenly decided to challenge the judges decision.

Thank you.
Thats really strange they waited that long to appeal. My opinion they will not succeed with their appeal to the UTT because so much time has elapsed and its an out of time appeal and they must have a very strong case with why they waited so long to appeal the decision.

On what grounds did you apply for your residence card and what was your refusal point in the first place?
Was your appeal allowed fully or was it remitted back to the home office to make a lawful decision?

philme
Newly Registered

Post by philme » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:10 pm

The first refusal was that they were not convinced that I was financially dependent on my brother and his German wife while I was back in Nigeria and also that I came in with a student visa. But during the appeal in court the HO rep said he was satisfied with dependency here in the UK he was just concerned with dependency back home. So the judge asked me some questions which I answered perfectly and then the HO guy asked me one or two too then the judge said he was convinced I was credible and all the facts and evidence before him is justified then he said to the HO rep I think we should call it a day, I believe this young man here seem very credible and honest with everything he has said, then the HO rep said yes I agree lets call it a day. so the appeal was fully allowed.

Thanks for your response.
now I am really worried as to why they waited this long and what the problem could be I am so so so worried.
don't know if the UTT will allow the appeal.

philme
Newly Registered

Post by philme » Fri May 01, 2015 7:18 am

Hi guys can someone please help me with any bit of info on why they think they home office has decided to appeal FTT decision and what the likely outcome could be at UTT?

sarahangel2015
Newly Registered

Post by sarahangel2015 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:07 am

philme wrote:Hi guys can someone please help me with any bit of info on why they think they home office has decided to appeal FTT decision and what the likely outcome could be at UTT?

Hi,

Under what grounds home office appealing against???

philme
Newly Registered

Post by philme » Fri May 01, 2015 8:51 am

we don't know yet as the court just sent a letter to my solicitor saying the home office have decided to appeal against FTT decision after 2 months of winning in FTT. they say we have to wait if the court will grant the appeal or dismiss it then we will know the reason for the appeal if it's allowed. what do u think pls?

sarahangel2015
Newly Registered

Post by sarahangel2015 » Fri May 01, 2015 5:53 pm

philme wrote:we don't know yet as the court just sent a letter to my solicitor saying the home office have decided to appeal against FTT decision after 2 months of winning in FTT. they say we have to wait if the court will grant the appeal or dismiss it then we will know the reason for the appeal if it's allowed. what do u think pls?

You have to go UTT
so be ready
they will never dismiss

bluebay
Newly Registered

Post by bluebay » Wed May 06, 2015 6:54 pm

Hello guys,
In July 2013I successfully retained rights of residence and new RC issued for 5 years, however HO sent me wrong wording letter. In September that year I travelled abroad and I returned to the UK without any problem.
In November 2013 I applied for PR and was refused in May 2014. My lawyer said apparently they even over turned the previous decision on retained rights of resistance. The resistance card was not cancelled. I appealed. Court hearing supposed to be in Dec 2014 but was adjourned till June 2015.
I was wondering if ho can so easily overturn retained rights of resistance. There was no change in my circumstances.
I do hope on positive outcome. So my question is can you travel abroad after court hearing?

Thank you

UmiAli
Newly Registered

Post by UmiAli » Sat May 09, 2015 1:34 am

finally i am here, it didn't let me register but m happy now ;)

here's my timeline
visa applied 28th April 2014
coa received 23rd may 2014
questionnaire received 16th July 2014
questionnaire sent 06 August
visa refused 11th september(reason: my wife not exercising treaty rights)
appealed 17th september(she was exercising treaty rights but she changed her job i gave her new employment letter to lawyer n he said home office didn't asked so dw but we provide all documents in home office showing she is working accounts everything was perfectly fine, home office lawyer and judge were happy they said its pretty straight forward n even it could have solved in reconsideration although they didn't give me fee reward cuz it was my duty to tell homeoffice about change of her employer which i admit)
court hearing 13 december
appeal won 7th jan 2015(dated 5th jan)
nothing after that now my question is there anyone like my situation? i didn't received anything after 7th jan, i am calling them again n again no answer they keep saying 'your visa is still in process' two weeks back someone on the phone said 'case worker have done their work n today my file will be sent to next level, hopefully you dont have to wait long'
but then when i see people here waiting for more then six months or even a year i calm myself down n wait cuz i guess there's nothing we can do except waiting. :(

johnny9765

Post by johnny9765 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:49 pm

Just thought id share my timeline again for those who are in need of hope and advice. Good news this time so here it is
RC Application sent:10 June 2014
Rc Application received by HO:11 June 2014
RC Refused:31 July
Appealed in August
Hearing Date set for:31 January 2015
January 31 case was remitted back to the HO because of unlawful decision and a lawful decision to be made decision was made under UK immigration law and not under EU law which hence the refusal.
18 April 2015 got determination from the FTT about appeal allowed to the extent for a lawful decision to be made
28 May phone HO about the progress of my case and was told a decision was made a couple of hours ago and if nothing herd by them shortly to check back with them on Tuesday
1 June called HO because no one would tell me if it was good or bad news and didn't get a reply from them today. When i phoned they gave me a tracking number for a royal mail signed delivery and they said it was posted today. Phoned my solicitor to inform him and he said that its good news if they gave me a tracking number, because they only send your passport back with royal mail signed delivery service.

So after nearly a year from the date of my application finally good news and i got my RC. Words can't explain the feeling of knowing its finally over. Been stressful and horrible experience so i know what you guys are going through just have hope and patience and you will get it.

Now time for a well deserved holiday

Best of luck everyone still waiting after appeal

Mutmal

Post by Mutmal » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:32 pm

I had hearing yesterday
Application sent june 2013
Refused november 2013
Appeal listed july 2014
One day before the hearing HO withdraw the hearing
Called for interview in September ( 96% answered were matched ) but they again refused
Appeal listed for march 2015 which HO adjourned
And new date was yesterday was 2nd june 2015

HO officer said to my wife to go out for while
She start asking me the question

then my wife was called in
and she answer 100% accurate as she speak with my family so she knew their names with spelling tooo
judge ask anymore question from anybody said no
He replied this very unusual that we give the decision on the spot but ill be allowing your appeal and will send written determination in up to four weeks
Court is end now
God Bless

Mutmal

Post by Mutmal » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Mutmal wrote:I had hearing yesterday
Refused november 2013
Appeal listed july 2014
Called for interview in September ( 96% answered were matched ) but they again refused

and she answer 100% accurate as she speak with my family so she knew their names with spelling tooo
He replied this very unusual that we give the decision on the spot but ill be allowing your appeal and will send written determination in up to four weeks
Court is end now

how many chances that HO will challenge the decision
God Bless

Mutmal

Post by Mutmal » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:22 am

Mutmal wrote:
Mutmal wrote:I had hearing yesterday
Refused november 2013
Appeal listed july 2014

Court is end now

how many chances that HO will challenge the decision

appeal allowed
Thank God something positive
letter date 11th june
God Bless

florence5005
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 family refuse i am replying again

Post by florence5005 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:53 am

hi my ee2 was refuse on the ground that they call my wife office were she work before and they confirm that she is not working their , she change job but we did not inform the home office, but now she got a new job 54 a week can i used the pay slip to apply till she get a more pay job

rajib4u

Post by rajib4u » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:05 pm

H if some one get refused for Rc can he/she still continue their jobs?

Mutmal

Post by Mutmal » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:35 pm

rajib4u wrote:H if some one get refused for Rc can he/she still continue their jobs?

its all depend on previous status
God Bless