ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 application concerns: do we need to wait for the EEA1?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mirwais29
Newly Registered

EEA2 application concerns: do we need to wait for the EEA1?

Post by mirwais29 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:09 am

Hello everyone

I have some doubts regarding the process for my partner to apply for his EEA2. I hope you can help me with this.

I am a Spanish student in London and I applied for my EEA1 a month ago. I haven’t heard from Liverpool at all: not even an acknowledgement of receipt. My partner got to London one week ago with his EEAFP, but now he needs to apply for his EEA2. My question is: does he have to wait to apply until I have y EEA1 so that he can attach it to his application, or is the EEA1 not a requirement for his application but instead just an element to ease the process? I am concerned about this since I want him to get a COA asap in order to work in the UK. If we gotta wait til I get y EEA1 this will take at least one more month, for what I heard...

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:31 am

As you have been advised before - EEA FP allows him to work from day 1.
There is no need to wait for your EEA1 but you will need to send the evidence again with the EEA2 application (so your Spanish passport/ID card, proof of CSI etc).

mirwais29
Newly Registered

Post by mirwais29 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:35 am

I understand that and I do remember that other post, thanks. My question now is focussed on whether or not I must wait to have my EEA1 in my hands before he applies for his EEA2. If anyone has information about this I would be very thankful to hear what they have to say.

Cheers