ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

craxy1102

Post by craxy1102 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:57 am

fellas, I am just getting so stressed out, its not even funny.
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

fabioflashuk
Newly Registered

Post by fabioflashuk » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:11 am

craxy1102 wrote:fellas, I am just getting so stressed out, its not even funny.
I've received my COA almost same day as you have. on 15-10

Im hoping to get the RC by the end of the next week I need to show my bank to release our mortgage deal..

I sent a Special delivery envelope so I hope it comes quicker!

Good luck to us!

CharlotteCorday
Newly Registered

Update

Post by CharlotteCorday » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:19 am

I received my COA today, dated 16/October...what a relief!

Timeline
EEA2 application sent: 19 September
HO received: 20 September
COA: 19 October (dated 16 October)
RC: Waiting for it

I hope that people who's still waiting receive it soon...Good luck!

craxy1102

Re: Update

Post by craxy1102 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:24 am

CharlotteCorday wrote:I received my COA today, dated 16/October...what a relief!
Congratulations! It seems COA's are coming quicker now. :) Oh man, I hope I get my RC in the next month, the last few months have been so stressful. Am tense all the time :(
===================
EEA2 application sent: 22/07/2012
EEA2 Application received : 23/07/2012
Sent 1 letter and 1 phone call in mid-September
COA: 16/10/2012 (Dated 11th October 2012)
RC Recieved : 13/12/2012 (Dated 28/11/2012)

DennisB
Newly Registered

Re: Update

Post by DennisB » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:44 am

craxy1102 wrote:Oh man, I hope I get my RC in the next month, the last few months have been so stressful. Am tense all the time :(
I know how you feel!

Good luck!

DennisB
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline.. still waiting for FC

Post by DennisB » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:51 am

thank you topixtrader, and craxxy1102.

I hadn't thought about the royal mail tracking code before. Not sure if I have a receipt. but I did include a special delivery SAE. will check through my wallet, etc.

yeah, that had me laughing hard about the email alert idea - It really would save them a lot of time, surely! They could even have it set up automatically, and save yet more time.. Then they might have more time on the phone to deal with bigger problems. Has anyone mentioned this: one time I was told I had only one question left! Apparently you just get 3, officially.. like a magic lamp. If only.

I got my COA same day as you topixtrader, and also applied in May, so I'd be interested to know when you get your RC. Though it still seems so random.

cheers again and good luck!
topixtrader wrote:Hey Dennis

I'm in a similar situation, we moved to a new flat and we changed the address on the UKBA website and we don't know if they are going to send it to the new address. I'm checking the Royal Mail tracking code every day to see if it got activated.

Our timeline:
EEA2 Application: 8th May
EEA2 Arrival: 9th May
COA with right to work: 20th Aug
RC: outstanding

Let's face it, they can look-up the case status if they want to. On a lucky day with the right person on the phone, some forum members got an update. However, if they do it each time, everyone would call them every week asking for the status.

It would be interesting to know from those who already received their RC, if UKBA sends out an email when the case is decided. There was a dedicated field on the EEA2 form to provide your email address.

UKBA could reduce their call volume probably by 90% if they simply send out email updates for every process step. Nobody would call them any more.

DennisB wrote:Hi everyone,

I've enjoyed, if that's the word, following your progress.
My wife is still waiting for her RC and both our passports, since sending our application almost 5 months ago. surinder singh case.

Here is our timeline, thus far:
Applied 23rd May (arrived shortly after)
Received COA end of August, dated: 20 August (with right to work)
RC & passports: still waiting.

Called today, as we have to move out, end of November - just as the 6 month period ends. So that's worrying, plus we are desperate to visit family abroad this Christmas, so nerves are on edge. called 0845 010 5200 for info on the status of our application and how to change our address with them.

They knew nothing about our application, he said they take 6 months generally, and that they don't have information on any cases until the 6 months have passed. As for the address change, he recommended a link, and posting a new SAE, as apparently they might just ignore the message to change address, or just send it 2nd class (note, I did send an SAE in the first place, for my current address).

Well I was wondering if any other May applicants had any information to compare.

And does anyone know if changing address has any other unforeseen consequences, like another excuse to delay processing and sending back the residence card!

Sorry if that's not all relevant to this topic, but my main intention is to share my timeline and see if there are any other May applicants on here that I've missed.

Good luck everyone and thank you!

DennisB
Newly Registered

Post by DennisB » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:52 am

cancerionn11 wrote:Hi#
Is there anybody who has recieved from may applications.
repost. Good question

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:18 pm

1878 wrote:What does receiving a COA actually mean? I reckon it is a good sign but why are apps being rejected after receiving COA?
COA means that an initial check for the unwaivable documents has been done (i.e. the documents without which the application could not be successful). Basically it's a scan of the application to check that the obvious stuff is there. Most rejections should be, and I think are, identified at this time, since most rejections are due to obvious documentation missing.

The case worker, however, inspects more closely, and sometimes they discover gaps that the initial check missed. This far more likely to occur for EEA3/4 applications where 5 years of treaty rights have to be proven, which can require a wad of paperwork, but I guess, depending upon the circumstances, it could occur for EEA1/2 as well.

zahirsona

Post by zahirsona » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:54 pm

hi everyone my appeal was allowed on 31st August i received my appeal decision on 17th september and i send my original passport and original appeal deceision on 29th September 2012 today i received a COA again i was send my original passport for visa and the UKBA send me again COA they explain in COA we make a decesion with in next 6 month how the ukba work i dont know any body Received any COA after send original passport and court Deceision to HO
Zkhan

ruben7
Newly Registered

Post by ruben7 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:01 pm

I got my Resident Card TODAYYYYYY :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) 8) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :o :o :o :) :) :)

My timeline : World Record I believe....

I want to thank everyone who helped me through out this process... Since 2 years ago when I first applied for the first EEA family permit and until now....

Many Thanks to EUSMILEWEALLSMILE and to DIRECTIVE ---- God bless you both for helping so many people without expecting anything back... INFORMATION IS ONE OF THE MOST VALUABLE THINGS IN THIS WORLD and u guys give it for free...
COA : 12 October 12
Resident Card 19 October 2012

Post by 1878 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:02 pm

jotter wrote:
1878 wrote:What does receiving a COA actually mean? I reckon it is a good sign but why are apps being rejected after receiving COA?
COA means that an initial check for the unwaivable documents has been done (i.e. the documents without which the application could not be successful). Basically it's a scan of the application to check that the obvious stuff is there. Most rejections should be, and I think are, identified at this time, since most rejections are due to obvious documentation missing.

The case worker, however, inspects more closely, and sometimes they discover gaps that the initial check missed. This far more likely to occur for EEA3/4 applications where 5 years of treaty rights have to be proven, which can require a wad of paperwork, but I guess, depending upon the circumstances, it could occur for EEA1/2 as well.
Thank you for your reply. Do you and or anybody happen to know on average how long time it takes to receive your RC after receiving COA or is there no specific timeline for this.

ruben7
Newly Registered

Post by ruben7 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:09 pm

It depends, I have been reading and follwing this forum for a long time. In my case it was pretty straight forward, but I have seen people who got it just before the 6 months. Just wait... they seem to have been sending things out a lot quicker...!!!

LondonEast
Newly Registered

COA WEEK!

Post by LondonEast » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi Guys,

Want to share my timeline, there is a lot of positive vibes from people who also received COA this week, RC suppose to come soon after?! I hope so!

EEA2 received by HO 24th August
COA : Dated October 14th, Received today October 19th
Resident Card: WAITING!

Also, seems like lots of people have asked for their passports and still received their COA with no problem, even their RC like case of RUBEN7
Congratulations on that EEA2 RECORD!

Good luck to everyone!!!

Adel123
Newly Registered

Post by Adel123 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Got the RC today ... after exactly 4 months

EEA2 application received by UKBA 19.06
called in total 4 times and one letter requesting COA posted 1st class on 19.09.2012
Received COA on 02.10.2012 .. dated 26.09.2012 by post 2nd class
19.10. Received RC dated 12.10

Thanks a lot to this forum for continues help all along .... my advice to everyone is that to avoid solicitors by all costs.. and post letters to UKBA for any inquiries ... the phone help line i reckon is absolutely useless...

Good luck to all of you :)

onthemoon
Newly Registered

Post by onthemoon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:25 pm

ruben7 wrote:It depends, I have been reading and follwing this forum for a long time. In my case it was pretty straight forward, but I have seen people who got it just before the 6 months. Just wait... they seem to have been sending things out a lot quicker...!!!

HI RUBEN,
NICE TO HEAR THAT U GOT UR RC SOO SOO FAST UNBELEIVABLE.
CAN I ASK U SOME THING, MAY BE UR PARTNER HAVE VERY GOOD SATITUS HERE THATS WHY ?
MAY U R LIVING VERY VERY LONG TIME TOGETHER?
U THINK MAY BE BECAUSE OF THESE REASONS ?
OR ANY OTHER REASON ?

Mr. Ali

Passport Request Letter

Post by Mr. Ali » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi Ruben7

Many Many Many Congratulation for your World Record of getting the RC quicker than anybody else on this forum. I can understand your feeling as you are over the moon and you should be.

What i would like to ask is, what was the procedure of getting your passport back. I mean how did you request for the passport, what reason did you mention in your letter for the passports?

Would you please guide me through this process too and if you can send me the pattern of your request letter.
My email is soban.ali@hotmail.com

Appreciate your time and effort and Congrats again

ruben7
Newly Registered

Post by ruben7 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi everyone, I really don't know what type of advice I can give you, to be honest the reason why I believe I was able to get my Resident card so quickly it's simply because we made sure that the documents that we sent to the UKBA were in order and we also tried to send EXTRA everything :Photos, bank statements with funds, Private Insurance for the 2 of us, marriage certificate, my wife's enrollment letter from University, tenancy agreement, bills etc etc.

Regarding the Passport well we needed them because I needed to register with my local GP since I was ill and my wife needed it to request some papers. criminal record and stuff.

I believe that asking for the passport does not help to get your RC quicker, ask for them only if you need them.

My advice is to make sure that you send everything that they ask for on the Application Form.

And well if you need the passports just ask them to send it to you and say the truth because you don't know if they might check on whether or not u leave the country if you say you are going to as an example.

samire
Newly Registered

hey everyone

Post by samire » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:34 pm

hey guy i been reading wht u guys post here for long time , but today i decided to paticipate, here is my time line
Last edited by samire on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dz.man
Newly Registered

Post by Dz.man » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:13 am

!
Hello,

I Want to share my timeline, Recently i read subject about man who received his COA in one week and i was about to apply for my EEA2 to be honest i did not believe in this because in same forum people are suffering and applying since long months ago and still did not get anything.
so was hard for me to believe that this COA Can be delevered in 1 week but today after work when i went hope i found a letter and surprise My COA After only 10 days ?!!!!!

EEA2 received by HO 08th OCT 2012
COA : Dated October 16th, Received today October 19th
Resident Card: WAITING!

i dont know howcome but im very happy about this because i was very worry and stressed to lose my work and was thinking to start calling UKBA rIGHT AFTER ONE MONTH for my COA but i got it in 10 days!!
i want also to say that i spend alot of time working on my application to make it very organised and in order and i made good index for every thing and use all proves in order may be thats why
Good luck to everyone!!!

happyfrancol
Newly Registered

Got my RC!

Post by happyfrancol » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:00 am

Hello everybody,

I have followed this thread for several months now, dreaming I could tell my happy ending… Finally!

Sorry for the long post but I want to share as many details as possible as it could be helpful for somebody. I came to join my husband under an EEA Family Permit Visa. I sent my EEA2 application with all the documents through special delivery (including the extra one for the return of the docs) the 18th of June. After 42 days with no COA, I started to get concerned because the possible employers always asked me for my passport and COA in the interviews (No wonder I wasn’t being called back!). I wrote a letter to the UKBA telling that I was having issues to show my employability and 6 days later I received the COA in the special delivery envelope that was supposed the be used for the return of the passports. However, it did not specify my right to work. I was lucky to find a job in the company I had previously worked for in France and once they handed me a fixed term job, so I asked for the UKBA my passport to sign the contract. They took one week to send my passport. I signed my contract and sent my passport back with my new contract (and an extra special delivery envelope).

Since the COA wasn't clear enough (no right to work written or the six month validity of the COA), asked once again a new one to extend my contract, not to the expiry date of the visa but the actual end of the 6 months after sending the application. I don’t know if this letter woke them up because my RC was dated the 30th of September! I received it the 10/10 and I couldn’t be anymore happy! I am pretty sure the letters I sent along the way helped me to have a clear and quick response. So don’t give up!

Here is my timeline:

Application received by the UKBA: 18/06
Since no COA - Letter sent to ask for COA and passport: 01/08
COA and passport received: 08/08
Passport resent to UKBA with job contract and new private insurance: 10/08
Letter to ask for more specific COA: 21/09
New COA: 28/09 dated the 25/09
RC: Received the 10/10 dated the 30/09

diane

Post by diane » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:09 pm

craxy1102

I am on the same boat as you. All July applicants please update us the day you receive your RC. I received my CoA 14 October. I have been stressed out as hell because of this. I am working and CoA that was given allows me to continue working. My only concern is that my existing visa expired when I re-sent my application in July. Do you guys know if that could be a ground for rejection?I am so worried I cant sleep!

My time line below

1st application submitted and received : 22 May 2012
Application returned without CoA asking or more docs: 6 July 2012
Resubmission : 30 July 2012
Sent a follow up letter AND email asking for CoA: 11 October 2012
CoA received with permission to continue work: 14 October (dated 11 October)
RC: Still waiting

ruben7
Newly Registered

Post by ruben7 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Diane,

Do not worry you are going to get your RC very soon... I mean they have already sent you the COA with the right to work.... You should get the RC sooner than later... In my case I got the COA and only a few days after like 5 days I got the RC so do not worry. I havent read any case where someone got their COA with right to work and after they denied the RC... So Enjoy the wknd seat and relax and u will have it next week or in a few more days ... the more u think about it the more stressed out u get....

manojnafir
- thin ice -

Post by manojnafir » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:45 pm

congrats to you ruben for RC..

i just got my COA yesterday....
my timeline is ...

eea2 received by HO 12sept 12,
coa received 19/10/12,
coa dated 14/10/12.
rc waiting

Egyptian lover

Post by Egyptian lover » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Dz.man wrote:!
i was very worry and stressed to lose my work and was thinking to start calling UKBA rIGHT AFTER ONE MONTH
in my case if i'am already working and sent off EEA2 application how can i prove to my employer i am allowed to work ? since my visa the have will be expired in 1 month!!!

Please help

thanks
Application sent : 18/10/12
received : 19/10/12
COA received : 21/10/12 ( with right to work)
Passport requested 9/3/13.
Passport received with RC 3/4/2012
(RC issued 15/3/13 , Letter dated 27/3/13)

manojnafir
- thin ice -

Post by manojnafir » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Yesterday I got coa.

Eea2 received by HO 12 sept 2012,

Coa dated 14 oct,

Coa received with work permission 19 oct

RC waiting........

Waheguru waheguru (god)