ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hangryman
Newly Registered

Re: Is a Follow up required at this stage ?

Post by hangryman » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:56 pm

Tanzy wrote:Hello Everyone,

With my EEA2 application, I attached a covering letter along with a detailed step by step relationship time line. Attached total 20 pictures in the Timeline starting from our dating days to wedding and after. Also attached my University certificates (Masters and Level 8 Diploma).

Do you guys advise to send a letter in post to the UKBA to enquire about the status of my application ?

My original education certificates are with UKBA so and I am really concerned as few people mentioned that they have lost their docs. Do you think I can enquire if they have all my original documents with them ?
Mate just do an ROD request and send a complaint to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk explaining your situation

A_D21
Newly Registered

eea2 application

Post by A_D21 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:21 pm

Hi
I was just wondering how long does it take these days for return of visa stamped?

I sent my application end of November.
Does it still take 6 months?

Tnx

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Is a Follow up required at this stage ?

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:18 pm

hangryman wrote:
Tanzy wrote:Hello Everyone,

With my EEA2 application, I attached a covering letter along with a detailed step by step relationship time line. Attached total 20 pictures in the Timeline starting from our dating days to wedding and after. Also attached my University certificates (Masters and Level 8 Diploma).

Do you guys advise to send a letter in post to the UKBA to enquire about the status of my application ?

My original education certificates are with UKBA so and I am really concerned as few people mentioned that they have lost their docs. Do you think I can enquire if they have all my original documents with them ?

Mate just do an ROD request and send a complaint to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk explaining your situation

Well done !! not many people can do that. even i will be scared to travel while application is in process
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:46 pm

Are there any May/June 2013 EEA2 applicants still waiting for their RC's?

natasha1985
Newly Registered

Post by natasha1985 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:30 pm

We are currently waiting for my husband's EEA2 to come back. We applied on 3rd September 2013, and have received his COA 3 weeks after that date. I am Irish living in Belfast and he is Turkish. I work full time and my boss told me that the Home Office called him on Monday 9th December to confirm that I worked there and was indeed an employee. Has anyone else also had this happen? Just curious to know if this means his application has finally reached the top of the pile, and if there is a chance we could get it before Christmas (probably wishful thinking!) as it would be fantastic to have the stress over with for a while!

raptor123
Newly Registered

Post by raptor123 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Here is my time line
Eea2 sent : 24 September 2013
Recivend by HO : 25 September 2013
COA received with right to work : 04 October 2013 dated the 01 October 2013
ROD: (Passport Request) 10 December 2013/ Received 12 December 2013
RC : WAITING :!:

YoYohoney
Newly Registered

Re: My timeline

Post by YoYohoney » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:16 am

hangryman wrote:
  • -First application May 2013
    -COA received 1.5 weeks later May 2013
    -ROD request for passport and other documents as soon as I got the COA
    -Passport and other documents returned within 2 weeks of ROD request
    -Application rejected circa Aug 2013 (no rejection letter received, had to find out by trying to get back in the country) - reason: did not believe partner was exercising treaty rights, i.e. working
    -Went on trip without EEA2, came back requested Code 1A stamp, waited 2 hours while they made calls everywhere, received Code 1A stamp but only valid for 2 months
  • -2nd application Early Oct 2013
    -ROD request made immediately upon seeing they received my application
    -COA received 2 weeks later
    -ROD not received within 10 working days, proceeded with follow up request, 5 working days later still no response, called into EEA2 helpline, weren't helpful at all, made a complaint via e-mail, 6 working days later Passport but no other documents were sent special delivery. Total working days to get passport: ~24
    -EEA2 received, all documents returned - Late November 2013

THINGS I LEARNED THAT MIGHT HELP YOU IF YOU'RE DOING AN APPLICATION

1) If your EEA partner is working, make sure you send both a contract and and a payslip showing NI number with the application. In the old application it said any one of those would do, that is a lie, you should endeavor to send both.

2) Make the ROD request after you receive your COA, they're incapable of matching your ROD request with your application if they haven't sent a COA

3) Recently ROD requests seem to be taking longer to fulfill, leave plenty of time. BUT, if they haven't returned your documents within 10 days and you want to follow up, I would quickly make a follow up request via their website form, wait a couple days and if your documents still haven't been posted, send them a complaint ASAP to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk . Make sure you include your Case ID, etc. They are the only people that can speed up your ROD request, the people on the phone are completely useless.

4) You have every right to leave the country and come back while your EEA2 application is in progress. You have every right to leave the country and come back even if you don't do an EEA2 application. The Home Office will not tell you this, the people on these boards aren't sure, but I read the laws and regulations, I read the Home Office immigration manuals, and I've done it. It's perfectly legal and perfectly within protocols. BUT, you must be able to prove you are married and/or family member of an EEA national and that the EEA national is exercising treaty rights, which means you essentially need to have all the documents that you sent as part of the EEA2 application sent back to you and you need to have them while you are crossing the border. Also it's advised to be travelling with your family member, if that cannot be the case, make sure they're available to take a phone call. As has been said on these boards before, you are almost for sure going to be inconvenienced. I waited 2 hours to try to cross the border this way. The border guards pulled up my EEA2 application on the computer, found that it had been rejected (which was news to me), called my partner and after 2 hours finally admitted me in on a Code 1A stamp. It's a lot of hassle, but once you have the Code 1A stamp you can come and go as you please and you will not be stopped at the border as long as its still valid (the Code 1A stamp SHOULD be good for 6 months, in my case it wasn't because my application had just been rejected so they were a little suspicious and only gave me 2 months). It's quite stressful and it's 2 hours of your life wasted, but it'll probably take less of your time and energy than getting the EEA family permit to cross the border.

5) If you are travelling abroad you DON'T need to do the EEA Family Permit to get back into the country. Despite what the Home Office will tell you. The Code 1A stamp can and must be issued to family members of EEA nationals who are travelling with their family members or coming to join the EEA national in the country regardless of whether they are coming to the UK to live permanently or not, so long as they are able to prove they are family members (marriage certificate), can prove their ID and that of their partner (passport and EU national ID), and can prove the EEA national is exercising treaty rights. This means if you want to make a quick trip to Spain and don't have time to visit the UK consulate to get the EEA Family Permit, you are perfectly able to.

6) If you are flying within the UK, you do not need your passport, you don't even need an ID if you're flying with BA. All other airlines have different ID requirements for domestic flights, but government regulations do not require any form of ID (as evidenced by BA protocols). You can use your national ID or drivers license (i.e. non UK forms of ID) to fly with Easyjet. When I called them they said I just need a piece of laminated plastic with my photo on it. Then, when I flew with them between London and Edinburgh they weren't even checking ID's.

What a horrible process. The Home Office / UKBA are moderate to very incompetent. Every person at the Home Office / UKBA will tell you something different if you ask them about something. The Home Office / UKBA actively try to obfuscate the options available to you through EU laws. At least the £50 you need to spend now on the application process seems to have sped up processing times. What a bunch of numpties.

Can't wait to leave this country :P

Bro, My EEA2 in Process. How to Get CODE 1A Stamp if I want to Travel to Germany i.e my EEA Spouce country.

P.S my old visa About to expire by END of DEC 2013

Mymorg

We did it!

Post by Mymorg » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:36 am

Here is my timeline! i got my residence card last friday and me and my husband are over the moon, we took the surinder singh route after having met in south korea after having lived there for many years, when we got married and tried to come back it was an iimpossibility to apply for a marriage visa based on the new financial requirements and the paperwork required. Eea2 sent: October 14
Eea2 received by home office : October 21
CoA sent : November 8 (this CoA did not give me right to work)
New CoA sent : November 11 (this COA had right to work and no right to work? Both were listed)
New COA sent : November 21 with right to work granted!
Call received asking if husband was living in the uk: December 5
RC issued : December 9th!
RC received: December 14
Yay!! Much speedier than I had anticipated, with a bit of stress in between, the home office sent us the wrong coa based on us not submitting out marriage certificate (itoverlooked probably since it just says "notorial certificate" on the cover, it was translated in Korea) so I had to call and find this out. They believed me and reopened my case, found the certificate, then sent another COA, this one said I could both work and not work, which was completely confusing. They rectified this on their own and sent a new one witht he proper information. Then we got our residence card soon after. Surprisingly despite the mess up with the coa the people i spoke with were very nice and quite helpful... It's such a great relief to be able to be with our family and I wish everyone else enduring this process a lot of luck! We couldn't have done it without this forum, either! Will still be lurking if anyone has questions.
:wink:

natasha1985
Newly Registered

Post by natasha1985 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:02 am

Ok update! My husband received his residence card this morning!! So relieved to finally get it!

His timeline is:

EEA2 Application sent: 3/9/13
Application received by HO: 4/9/13
COA received: 13/9/13 (dated 10/9/13)
Passports requested: 20/11/13
Passports received: 27/11/13 (letter dated 22/11/13)
Residence card received: 16/12/13 (dated 10/12/13)

Residence card was issued on an A4 page which can be folded into 4 pieces like a booklet with all info on it. Good luck to everyone still waiting, hubby's took about 3.5 months :)

libufolo
Newly Registered

Study a PhD with a Resident Card

Post by libufolo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:33 pm

Hello everyone!

Please, I need your help, sorry if this is not the right topic to ask.
I'm Brazilian and my husband is Portuguese. We are living in London for 1.5 year and in Sept./2013 I received my Resident Card, which is valid till Sept./2018 and allows me to work in UK.
Now I was accepted by an UK university to study a PhD, which will last from 2014-2016. But the university is saying that "the visa that I currently have won’t allow me to study there", and I will have to apply for a Tier 4 visa.
Does it make sense??
If I do have a valid visa, why should I apply for another one??

Thank you so much!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Study a PhD with a Resident Card

Post by Jambo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:05 pm

libufolo wrote:Hello everyone!

I'm Brazilian and my husband is Portuguese. We are living in London for 1.5 year and in Sept./2013 I received my Resident Card, which is valid till Sept./2018 and allows me to work in UK.
Now I was accepted by an UK university to study a PhD, which will last from 2014-2016. But the university is saying that "the visa that I currently have won’t allow me to study there", and I will have to apply for a Tier 4 visa.
Does it make sense??

Thank you so much!
Tell the university to do their homework. This "visa" allows you to study.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

lake1

Post by lake1 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:55 pm

hangryman wrote: 4) You have every right to leave the country and come back while your EEA2 application is in progress. You have every right to leave the country and come back even if you don't do an EEA2 application. The Home Office will not tell you this, the people on these boards aren't sure, but I read the laws and regulations, I read the Home Office immigration manuals, and I've done it. It's perfectly legal and perfectly within protocols. BUT, you must be able to prove you are married and/or family member of an EEA national and that the EEA national is exercising treaty rights, which means you essentially need to have all the documents that you sent as part of the EEA2 application sent back to you and you need to have them while you are crossing the border. Also it's advised to be travelling with your family member, if that cannot be the case, make sure they're available to take a phone call. As has been said on these boards before, you are almost for sure going to be inconvenienced. I waited 2 hours to try to cross the border this way. The border guards pulled up my EEA2 application on the computer, found that it had been rejected (which was news to me), called my partner and after 2 hours finally admitted me in on a Code 1A stamp. It's a lot of hassle, but once you have the Code 1A stamp you can come and go as you please and you will not be stopped at the border as long as its still valid (the Code 1A stamp SHOULD be good for 6 months, in my case it wasn't because my application had just been rejected so they were a little suspicious and only gave me 2 months). It's quite stressful and it's 2 hours of your life wasted, but it'll probably take less of your time and energy than getting the EEA family permit to cross the border.

5) If you are travelling abroad you DON'T need to do the EEA Family Permit to get back into the country. Despite what the Home Office will tell you. The Code 1A stamp can and must be issued to family members of EEA nationals who are travelling with their family members or coming to join the EEA national in the country regardless of whether they are coming to the UK to live permanently or not, so long as they are able to prove they are family members (marriage certificate), can prove their ID and that of their partner (passport and EU national ID), and can prove the EEA national is exercising treaty rights. This means if you want to make a quick trip to Spain and don't have time to visit the UK consulate to get the EEA Family Permit, you are perfectly able to.
Congratulations.

In as much as the above is true it is not easy for a visa national to get Code 1A stamp, you get this issued by a UKBA officer and if you flying it will be near impossible to get the airline to carry you not to talk of having the opportunity to present your case to a UKBA officer, the only option is if you enter via a Ferry route where you see a UKBA officer, am pretty sure you a non visa national hence the easy at which you were able to fly to the UK and then request the Code 1A stamp.

libufolo
Newly Registered

Post by libufolo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:29 am

Jambo wrote:

Does it make sense??

Thank you so much!
Tell the university to do their homework. This "visa" allows you to study.
Thanks for answer, Jambo.

This is what I'm trying to explain to the university office, but they don't understand.
I'm trying to find in the UKBA website something saying clearly that I have the right to study here, but I didn't find. Could you please help me?

yoshi_jp
Japan

Post by yoshi_jp » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:49 am

libufolo wrote: This is what I'm trying to explain to the university office, but they don't understand.
I'm trying to find in the UKBA website something saying clearly that I have the right to study here, but I didn't find. Could you please help me?
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 123:en:PDF

"(4) The right of all Union citizens to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States should, if it is to be exercised under objective conditions of freedom and dignity, be also granted to their family members, irrespective of nationality. For the purposes of this
Directive, the definition of "family member" should also include the registered partner if the legislation of the host Member State treats registered partnership as equivalent to marriage."

"(20) In accordance with the prohibition of discrimination on grounds of nationality, all Union citizens and their family members residing in a
Member State on the basis of this Directive should enjoy, in that Member State, equal treatment with nationals in areas covered by the Treaty, subject to such specific provisions as are expressly provided for in the Treaty and secondary law"

Article 5:

"2. Family members who are not nationals of a Member State shall only be required to have an entry visa in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 539/2001 or, where appropriate, with national law. For the purposes of this Directive, possession of the valid residence card referred to in
Article 10 shall exempt such family members from the visa requirement
"

eldorado01
Newly Registered

My timeline

Post by eldorado01 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi everyone

Have been following this forum for a few weeks now and thought I'd share the great news we had this morning! My partner has finally received his RC card, after nearly 3 months from the date of application.
I'm the EEA national and have also applied for my RC card as I was hoping this would help speed up the process...We applied via the unmarried route.

Here's the timeline:
EEA2/EEA1 applications sent: 16/9/13
Application received by HO: 18/9/13
COA received: 30/9/13 (dated 27/9/13)
Passports requested: 4/11/13
Passports received: 8/11/13
Residence cards received: 18/12/13 (dated 9/12/13)

Good luck to everyone - hope you all have a happy Christmas, full of good news :)

djbrett2
Newly Registered

Post by djbrett2 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:48 am

eldorado01 wrote:Hi everyone

Have been following this forum for a few weeks now and thought I'd share the great news we had this morning! My partner has finally received his RC card, after nearly 3 months from the date of application.
I'm the EEA national and have also applied for my RC card as I was hoping this would help speed up the process...We applied via the unmarried route.

Here's the timeline:

Good luck to everyone - hope you all have a happy Christmas, full of good news :)

i just wana ask you wht is nationality do u holdig and yours partenerif you dont mind? thanx :)

djbrett2
Newly Registered

Post by djbrett2 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:50 am

Does it make sense??

Thank you so much!
what is your and yours partners nationalty?

libufolo
Newly Registered

Post by libufolo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:14 am

yoshi_jp wrote:
libufolo wrote: This is what I'm trying to explain to the university office, but they don't understand.
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 123:en:PDF

"(4) The right of all Union citizens to move and reside freely within the territory of the Member States should, if it is to be exercised under objective conditions of freedom and dignity, be also granted to their family members, irrespective of nationality. For the purposes of this
Directive, the definition of "family member" should also include the registered partner if the legislation of the host Member State treats registered partnership as equivalent to marriage."

"(20) In accordance with the prohibition of discrimination on grounds of nationality, all Union citizens and their family members residing in a
Member State on the basis of this Directive should enjoy, in that Member State, equal treatment with nationals in areas covered by the Treaty, subject to such specific provisions as are expressly provided for in the Treaty and secondary law"

Article 5:

"2. Family members who are not nationals of a Member State shall only be required to have an entry visa in accordance with Regulation (EC) No 539/2001 or, where appropriate, with national law. For the purposes of this Directive, possession of the valid residence card referred to in
Article 10 shall exempt such family members from the visa requirement
"
Thank you so much Yoshi_jp!!
It was very kind you of send me this! =)
I would never find this by myself!

libufolo
Newly Registered

Post by libufolo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:17 am

djbrett2 wrote:

Does it make sense??

Thank you so much!
what is your and yours partners nationalty?
He is Portuguese. I already have my Resident Card.
My problem is with the University, apparently they don't know the European rules...

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:14 am

djbrett2 wrote:
eldorado01 wrote:Hi everyone

Here's the timeline:

i just wana ask you wht is nationality do u holdig and yours partenerif you dont mind? thanx :)
Nationality is not important: If you are from USA you may receive the RC after 6 months and if you from a 3rd world country you may receive after 2 months.
as long as your applications is straightforward and case worker is not lazy you will receive in time
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

httdong
Newly Registered

my timeline

Post by httdong » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:36 pm

While many people here got their results in just 2-3 months, mine is almost exact 6 months

EEA2 sent 15 June 2013
COA received July 2013
RC received 19 Dec 2013

So I reckon it is really depending on your case, if it is a straightforward case it might be fast. My case is rather complex but I am happy I got it in 6 months time

Tanzy
Newly Registered

Interview

Post by Tanzy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:56 pm

Hello Everyone,

I received a letter from home office inviting me and my wife for an interview in Liverpool.

Does anyone know what questions they ask ? We wanted to be well prepared .

Cheers,
Tanzy

RC Applied 9th Aug 13´
Interview request received 19th Dec 13´

gr8sjaans
Newly Registered

Post by gr8sjaans » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:35 am

Hi... 
I been through this process.... so immigration officer can ask you any things about you and your wife. They will interview you and your wife not together. You be in one room and your wife will be in other room. the will ask you for example when you meet? Where you meet ? When u decided to marry? Alot of question from you and your wife and mostly same question from you both. and they will compare the answers and see how much understanding you and your wife have.. Sorry to say immigration officer can ask does your wife have tattoos on her body.. Alots of more questions which I cant explain and even cant say... hope you understand .. so you both to know each other very will every things you should know about each other don't worry just do home work and try to understand each other.
PM me if you need to ask any things ... thanks

piagio
Newly Registered

Post by piagio » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:56 pm

Finally the wait is over.
Timeline is:
EEA2 sent 15 June 2013
COA received July 2013
HO called my wife and wanted to talk to me 14 Nov 2013
talked to me and said i had interview the next day 9:00 am
Interview at Liverpool with my wife 15 Nov 2013
RC received 23 Dec 2013 dated 07 Dec 2013

djbrett2
Newly Registered

Post by djbrett2 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:00 am

first of all CONGRATULATIONS.
what did they asked in interview and how long did they take?is the immigration officer was rude or what eles pleas reply me