ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jalaibi
Pakistan

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Jalaibi » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:26 am

vingthuit wrote:Sent: 17/02/2014 Married (EEA2)
Confirmation Letter Sent: 19/02/2014
COA sent: 24/02/2014 (With right to work)
Passports requested: 31/03/2014
Passports received: 05/04/2014
RC issued: 03/04/2014
RC received: 14/04/2014

The RC or rather, a paper, is now just folded and kept in the pages. Does anybody know if it's possible to attach the RC to the passport?
Congratulations,
Mate, Can you please state your and your partner nationality? Also please mention which documents you have provided for the application. Much thanks ,
We Rise By Lifting Others - Robert Ingersoll

happy1989
Newly Registered

Post by happy1989 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:37 pm

hello all
i had applied for E E A 2 in decambar.. ma partner is eea national. but home office refused ma application, bec they contacted with her empolyer before she stoped working through that agency where they made call. we sent payslips council letters bank letters address.. joint account .. still they refused to grant us RC. aftr that we got right to appeal.. its on 19th may... sometime i think they refused ma case bec i got finishd ma student visa.. i still have valid visa on ma passport .. but it was canceled from home office bec college loosed licence.. immigration came to home before marriage on 2 octuber n detained me. i came out aftr month n got married in 15 nov. now i need more n more suggestion from u friends n i can make best efforts to get RC on hearing... heres ma timeline...........
application sent :- 13 dec
H.O recieved:- 15 dec
C.O.A recieved with right to work :- 13 jan
application refused :-25th march ( with right to appeal )
. what should i do. so they grant me rc........ thanks friends

EkatNYC
Newly Registered

Post by EkatNYC » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:30 am

chaoclive wrote:It's a vignette normally placed in your passport. Since you have requested your passports back, you will get yours on an A4 piece of paper. They're both the same thing, but the A4 piece of paper is a little more hassle as you have to look after 2 different documents, instead of only a passport.

Don't worry about it though. Sounds like everything is progressing normally.

Don't think you will have a problem returning to the UK as you are a non-visa required national AND if you are traveling with your spouse you will not be refused entry. Just make sure you carry some proof what your spouse is doing in the UK (e.g. contract/pay slips or other evidence of work) and your marriage cert. Also take the letters from the Home Office as proof that you have already applied for EEA2。

Shouldn't be an issue!
I am getting somewhat worried now because its been more than two weeks and I still have not received my COA. From the others timelines I should have received it by now :(. I have read stories that sometimes people do not receive the COA's at all! As I mentioned my timeline is:

March 31 - Mailed EEA2 Application (Married US/Dutch) via Royal Mail Special Delivery
April 1 - Application was delivered.
April 2 – Requested both our passports back via online form.
April 2 - A £55 charge was withdrawn and labeled EURO LIVERPOOL.
April 5 - Received the confirmation letter dated April 4.
April 11 – Both passports delivered without any stamps (with the letter dated April 8th).
April 16 - Still no POA :(

I need to get on a payroll from May and worried. What should I do? Should I call them up? Any advice?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:33 pm

I don't think 17 days (including weekends) is a very long time, BUT you could call them if you like. It won't do any harm. Just tell them that you need the COA but haven't received it yet.

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:59 pm

chaoclive wrote:I don't think 17 days (including weekends) is a very long time, BUT you could call them if you like. It won't do any harm. Just tell them that you need the COA but haven't received it yet.
My Timeline
11 March EEA2 Submitted with EEA1 Card ( marriage route since 2012)
13 March Received
20 March COA Received with right to work ( dated 16 march)
Called HO on 14 April for Progress of application but guy was very route, he reply you applied on 11 march and why you are asking about progress?????? bla bla....

Dont know when will get RC? waiting....

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:06 pm

RC application takes 6 months to process, you have only applied last month, it is unnecessary to be inquiring about progress a month after you made the application.

EkatNYC
Newly Registered

Post by EkatNYC » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:08 pm

Ali12035 wrote:
chaoclive wrote:I don't think 17 days (including weekends) is a very long time, BUT you could call them if you like. It won't do any harm. Just tell them that you need the COA but haven't received it yet.
My Timeline
11 March EEA2 Submitted with EEA1 Card ( marriage route since 2012)
13 March Received
20 March COA Received with right to work ( dated 16 march)
Called HO on 14 April for Progress of application but guy was very route, he reply you applied on 11 march and why you are asking about progress?????? bla bla....

Dont know when will get RC? waiting....
That is why I am worried, since 17 days later I still have not received the COA :(

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:18 pm

dalebutt wrote:RC application takes 6 months to process, you have only applied last month, it is unnecessary to be inquiring about progress a month after you made the application.
THANKS For your reply "dalebutt"

I see many guys Received their RC within 2 months that's why I called them.
Do you think my case is straight forward?
My EEA Spouse got her EEA1 in person at croydon on 09 march and we are married since 2012
we sent them lot of proofs.

HO call my spouse's employer on same day when she was at croydon, Do you think that they will call again for my RC?

tahlia0114
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by tahlia0114 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:17 pm

I see many guys Received their RC within 2 months that's why I called them.
Do you think my case is straight forward?
My EEA Spouse got her EEA1 in person at croydon on 09 march and we are married since 2012
we sent them lot of proofs.

HO call my spouse's employer on same day when she was at croydon, Do you think that they will call again for my RC?
It appears processing is currently 8-9 weeks for January/February applicants, though there are still people waiting on their November/December applications on the last page.

You're at week 5, hang in there. I'm sure yours will arrive soon!

tahlia0114
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by tahlia0114 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:23 pm

Sasha89 wrote:Hi all,

My partner and I have applied for an EEA2 (unmarried) visa early November 2013. It has now been 5 months since we applied. We have received the COA in December 2013 but still no RC. Looking at everyone's replies on this forum, I have noticed that a lot of people are getting their RC's whom have applied in February 2014 and mostly married. I have seen some unmarried receiving their RC's in 2014 as well but not as frequent as married ones.

Anyone who applied towards the end of 2013 for EEA2 (Unmarried) visa has received their RC or a refusal?

Just wondering if there is a problem with my application, why it is taking so long and if I'm the only one in this situation....

Many thanks to all for your reply!

Sasha
Any updates?

Sasha89
Newly Registered

Post by Sasha89 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:59 pm

tahlia0114 wrote:
Sasha89 wrote:Hi all,

My partner and I have applied for an EEA2 (unmarried) visa early November 2013. It has now been 5 months since we applied. We have received the COA in December 2013 but still no RC. Looking at everyone's replies on this forum, I have noticed that a lot of people are getting their RC's whom have applied in February 2014 and mostly married. I have seen some unmarried receiving their RC's in 2014 as well but not as frequent as married ones.

Anyone who applied towards the end of 2013 for EEA2 (Unmarried) visa has received their RC or a refusal?

Just wondering if there is a problem with my application, why it is taking so long and if I'm the only one in this situation....

Many thanks to all for your reply!

Sasha
Any updates?
Hi there,

We've been calling the home office like a couple of times every month since february. Every time it's the same response - application is under consideration. We are a bit worried now since it's been well over 5 months. To the best of our knowledge the application is straight forward. We provided everything... The home office assures us that all applications are dealt with chronologically. But we are approaching the 6 months now and no checks have been made or anything. We are worried it might drag for longer then six months and my partner is on unpaid leave from work at the moment because his PSW visa expired a couple of months ago. Is it possible that they prioritize married over unmarried applications? Is there any way to tell them by email or anything that we are concerned that our application might drag on for longer then 6 months. Our landlord also wants us to renew our tenancy asap!

tahlia0114
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by tahlia0114 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:00 pm

Hi there,

We've been calling the home office like a couple of times every month since february. Every time it's the same response - application is under consideration. We are a bit worried now since it's been well over 5 months. To the best of our knowledge the application is straight forward. We provided everything... The home office assures us that all applications are dealt with chronologically. But we are approaching the 6 months now and no checks have been made or anything. We are worried it might drag for longer then six months and my partner is on unpaid leave from work at the moment because his PSW visa expired a couple of months ago. Is it possible that they prioritize married over unmarried applications? Is there any way to tell them by email or anything that we are concerned that our application might drag on for longer then 6 months. Our landlord also wants us to renew our tenancy asap!
UKBA must have the strangest system in place with so many open cases.

I received my RC (unmarried) recently. There are many similar timelines (married) which even took slightly longer than mine, so I am sure they don't have priority.

I really hope I see good news from you soon!

Sasha89
Newly Registered

Post by Sasha89 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:12 pm

tahlia0114 wrote:
Hi there,

UKBA must have the strangest system in place with so many open cases.

I received my RC (unmarried) recently. There are many similar timelines (married) which even took slightly longer than mine, so I am sure they don't have priority.

I really hope I see good news from you soon!
Cheers for the support - i hope so too! :)

Nesolb
Newly Registered

Post by Nesolb » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Hey everyone,

Finally I received my RC today and here is my timeline:

Sent: 17/02/2014 Married (EEA2)
Received: 18/02/2014
COA sent: 23/02/2014

RC issued: 07/04/2014 (stamped in the passport)
RC received: 16/04/2014

British husband and Iranian wife. Exercised treaty rights as self employed in Germany last year.

EkatNYC
Newly Registered

Post by EkatNYC » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:45 am

March 31 - Mailed EEA2 Application (Married US/Dutch) via Royal Mail Special Delivery
April 1 - Application was delivered.
April 2 – Requested both our passports back via online form.
April 2 - A £55 charge was withdrawn and labeled EURO LIVERPOOL.
April 5 - Received the confirmation letter dated April 4.
April 11 – Both passports delivered without any stamps (with the letter dated April 8th).
April 17 - POA received (letter dated April 4th!)

Now will be waiting for the RC. Does anyone know if the NIN number is necessary to start employment or just the POA is sufficient?

jahid2014
Newly Registered

Post by jahid2014 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:57 pm

bajajee wrote:my eea2 application time line:
application sent 12/11/13
COA with right to work 28/11/13

Home office visit at home 05/03/2014

waiting for RC...
Hi
How many People did visit your home and how long did they stay and What type of questions did they ask you?

akashdeep.john
Newly Registered

Post by akashdeep.john » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:59 pm

EEA2 Self sufficient married couple

Sent: 14/01/2014
Received:15/01/2014
Acknowledgment: 17/01/2014 dated 16/01/2014
COA received: 24/01/2014 dated 21/01/2014 ( right to work )

I have few questions regarding my Case.
I just requested our passports back on 15/04/2014 as we are travelling abroad.

1)Do we need to send back our passports to HO once we are back in UK?
2)Any idea,if it will affect my case e.i refusal,slow processing etc.
3)If they will issue me EEA2 while im outside the UK,How I will get EEA2 on my Passport?

Thanks in Advance

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:37 am

1) No. They will print it on an A4 piece of paper called an Immigration Status Document and you just carry this with you when you travel. This will be posted out.
2) No influence. You're not the only ones to have done this.
3) See 1

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:52 am

happy1989 wrote:hello all
i had applied for E E A 2 in decambar.. ma partner is eea national. but home office refused ma application, bec they contacted with her empolyer before she stoped working through that agency where they made call. we sent payslips council letters bank letters address.. joint account .. still they refused to grant us RC. aftr that we got right to appeal.. its on 19th may... sometime i think they refused ma case bec i got finishd ma student visa.. i still have valid visa on ma passport .. but it was canceled from home office bec college loosed licence.. immigration came to home before marriage on 2 octuber n detained me. i came out aftr month n got married in 15 nov. now i need more n more suggestion from u friends n i can make best efforts to get RC on hearing... heres ma timeline...........
application sent :- 13 dec
H.O recieved:- 15 dec
C.O.A recieved with right to work :- 13 jan
application refused :-25th march ( with right to appeal )
. what should i do. so they grant me rc........ thanks friends
Hi there your situation is exactly the same as mine, I have been detained once in October 2013 but eventually I came out after a week. Can u possibly contact me in private so I can get more info about your case and may b I can guide you some more with my experience.
Cheers

jahid2014
Newly Registered

Post by jahid2014 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:21 am

bajajee wrote:
jahid2014 wrote:
bajajee wrote:my eea2 application time line:
application sent 12/11/13
COA with right to work 28/11/13

Home office visit at home 05/03/2014

waiting for RC...
Hi
How many People did visit your home and how long did they stay and What type of questions did they ask you?
2 officer. stayed 15-20 min. General questions about job, other life activities etc...
by chance only wife at home.

hope for positive decision.
Thanks man, for your reply, hope you will get it.

sam0044
Newly Registered

Post by sam0044 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:28 pm

They called us for an Interview on 23rd May, It's good for us as now at least we'll get a quick decision Instead of waiting months:)

univas01
Nigeria

Post by univas01 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:05 pm

sam0044 wrote:They called us for an Interview on 23rd May, It's good for us as now at least we'll get a quick decision Instead of waiting months:)
I wish you best of luck. Meanwhile, it will be helpful if you can read and give your opinion regarding the topic below

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 62820.html

Cheers!

kulemeg
Newly Registered

Post by kulemeg » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:02 am

After 16 months of waiting an update.... ( long story with no happy ending so far... ) After my MP intervened, UKBA or whatever they are called these days finally agreed that we could not attend their interview ( my wife was giving birth at that time ). On the sad note they are determined to check if we have not entered the marriage of convenience ( quite why i don't know :roll: child together,living together, similar age, my wife never even been to the UK before so no adverse history of any kind... ) , they also keep repeating that ( according to UKBA ) even though I have * work related income and have been paying tax from it for the last 12 years I do not exercise my Eu rights * ... Don't even get me started, I have been a london black cab driver for last 11 or 12 years and the have all the evidence I could possibly get ( literally HUNDREDS of pages of tax returns, cab hire and repayments, garage bills, credit/debit card payments to me etc.... , yet we are in the eyes of UKBA( even though they finally conceded that we could not attend their scheduled interview last year ) worth checking over, so so far 16 months and no COA, no passport and no RC or stamp or whatever they put in passport nowadays. All we had so far was a lot and I do mean LOT of nonsense form UKBA, ranging from incompetence through total disregard to law to downright lies. At least in last 2 months after my MP intervention they admitted that we could not attend the interview, so now we have to wait for another date to do it again.... ( at the time of our first scheduled interview my wife was giving birth, yet they ignored all and every evidence of it and claimed that as we deliberately chose not to attend the interview we must have entered the marriage of convenience......) At long last it started to move again so by my experience so far I hope by the end of next year we might have something, having said that I just realised that my wives passport will run out in 3 years time, might be another reason why they will be able to reject it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:07 am

A passport running out in 3 years time will not have any impact. Why would they care? A passport can be renewed quite easily!

I think they have got themselves into a hole and don't want to admit that they were wrong - it sounds incredibly petty that the UK government still plays like a 5-year old child.

Don't know if you have access to legal help, but, if you do, you might want to ask a solicitor/immigration rights group what you can do. I'm not sure where you are in the UK but you can search on Google. You might find some free advice somewhere close to you.

Keep going...as long as you really have all your proof of exercising treaty rights, your original marriage cert and proof of living together I doubt UKBA would be able to win this case in court (hope it won't need to go that far!).

All the best!
C

alijee86

Post by alijee86 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:00 pm

Hello there!
The post man jus been to my house and i have received a letter from home office they have called us for an interview on 23rd of may 10:00am.
Any suggestions?