ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akon
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by akon » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:50 am

Hi guys, I need your advice.
I am Sri Lankan (working) and my wife is Polish (staying at home with our 1,5 year old baby). We applied for her as self sufficient based on my salary. We had sickness insurance. We got refusal:

"It is the impression of the Home Office that if you were not working, then your EEA National Sponsor would solely be dependant upon public funds this meaning that they are not fully self sufficient and therefore are a burden upon public funds."

I don't know what to do now. Should I appeal or reapply? And anyway what should I send them?

Tristan
Newly Registered

Post by Tristan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:34 pm

akon wrote:Hi guys, I need your advice.
I am Sri Lankan (working) and my wife is Polish (staying at home with our 1,5 year old baby). We applied for her as self sufficient based on my salary. We had sickness insurance. We got refusal:

"It is the impression of the Home Office that if you were not working, then your EEA National Sponsor would solely be dependant upon public funds this meaning that they are not fully self sufficient and therefore are a burden upon public funds."

I don't know what to do now. Should I appeal or reapply? And anyway what should I send them?
I'd say try a reconsideration first... just the fact that they say "if you were not working" seems completely silly. Fact is you are working and they are trying to create a hypothetical example that if you were not then they would refuse you... I don't even know where to begin there... anyone can concoct a fictional scenario to refuse or deny someone a right... but it's just that, poppycock.

helba2
Newly Registered

Post by helba2 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi everyone
congratulation for people who got their R C
I hope everyone getting a good news in this month to be free on holiday
My passport with home office :( since 1/2013. i do not have any patience left. what i need to do can u give me some advice plz

kash112

Post by kash112 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:44 pm

Hello Sam89....have u recieved RC ? Or still waiting?

nicelady190
Mood:

Post by nicelady190 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:27 pm

This is for a friend. She's from South Africa married to a Portuguese guy. They have a little girl together, now the husband applied for a residence card for his mother in law, they just got the COA today not giving her right to work. And her mum is 60yrs old. Is there a chance they will give her the RC?

Lyron
Newly Registered

Post by Lyron » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:26 am

My Timeline:

Applied EEA1 and EEA2 on 22/07/2014
COA issued on 02/08/2014
EEA1 and EEA2 issued on 20/09/2014 and delivered 23/09/2014

Thanks all for your help

hamada1092
Newly Registered

Post by hamada1092 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:53 pm

EEA2 surinder singh IRELAND ROUT NO FAMILY PERMIT
APPLICATION DATE 25/07/2014
COA WITH RIGHT TO WORK ON 04/08/2014
CALLED THEM TODAY THEY SAID DECISION HAS BEEN ISSUED AND POSTED TO ME TODAY
I AM WAITING TO SEE..............

sunspott
Newly Registered

Post by sunspott » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:29 pm

hamada1092 wrote:EEA2 surinder singh IRELAND ROUT NO FAMILY PERMIT
Hi, our solicitor sent an application a week later than u sent . We'll see if we get the decision soon :) hopefully

rocksolid
Newly Registered

Post by rocksolid » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:48 am

sunspott wrote:
Hi, our solicitor sent an application a week later than u sent . We'll see if we get the decision soon :) hopefully
Hi Sunspott,

Could you please tell us what your solicitor wrote to them, their charges and how long it took them to send the letter. Today it has been 5 months since I have applied for EEA2 application. I have no clue what's going on.

sunspott
Newly Registered

Post by sunspott » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:22 am

rocksolid wrote:
sunspott wrote:
Hi Sunspott,

Could you please tell us what your solicitor wrote to them, their charges and how long it took them to send the letter. Today it has been 5 months since I have applied for EEA2 application. I have no clue what's going on.
Hi, I don't know everything exactly what our lawyer wrote to them. We gave them as much proof as we had and she made an application. Lawyer charged 1100 pounds. The lawyer sent it 1 August. 11 August received acknowledgment letter dated 05/08/2014 and CoA with right to work dated 08/08/2014. And we are waiting until now.

hamada1092
Newly Registered

Post by hamada1092 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:35 pm

i just recived my residence card today
it was issued on 25/09/2014
good luck for all

scoutunderground
Newly Registered

Post by scoutunderground » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:53 am

hi there people, this look like a place where people have all answers. Good.
I also applied for EEA2. I sent the eea2 form with documents 20/09/2014
Just received the confirmation that home office received my documents. 03/10/2014
I have eea family permit visa valid till January of 2015... I have a job with contract till the end of my visa, january 2015!

My questions are.
1.I hear that this EE2 RC takes up to 6 months to receive. My visa is valid 3 months more, what Im going to do when my eea family permit visa expires? Do I have to leave uk or wait till I receive my UK RC if its all went fine with it.

2. I need to travel to my origin country to visit my family in 2 months, I will need my passport. How can I ask them to send my passport to my uk address, how long it takes to get it, when should I ask them to send it to me. And most importing question, does this, me asking for my passport, affects the period n the process of my EE2 RC?

3. If my visa expires and I still didnt receive my EE2 RC, can I work in UK, I already have a job, can I still have that job?
How can I prove to my employeer that Im waiting for RC card? So that he can extend my contract!

4. In my confirmation letter they suggested, home office, not to try to call, and to ask about RC.
But yet again I see her people calling them? Which number should I use to call for further information?

5. If I ask for passport to send it back to me, how the EE2 RC will look like, where it will be? Do they need my passport to put it in there, like they did with 6 month visa?

bless u all, hope someone will give me quick answer on all of em...

scoutunderground
Newly Registered

Post by scoutunderground » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:58 am

create wrote:Hello Forum Members,
I would like to say a big thank u to everyone.Every single information shared here,I would say was useful.The Gurus here are fantastic and helpful.My greatest desire is to see genuine applicants have their application successful within a short time.
Here is my timeline.
My wife and I applied for EEA1 and EEA2 on July 14.
Received my COA on 24th of July.
I requested for the return of both passports and marriage certificate. It was returned on 25th of August,3 days after sending request.
I called UKBA on 12th of this month,which was a Friday.The guy told me my application was still in process.He said it has not been acted upon.I was surprised on Tuesday,I received a card from Royal mail that I had a parcel.Lo and behold,I went the next day and collected my parcel with my residence permit on paper with my wife's EEA1.
I thank everyone,the moderators.You folks are super guys.
All the best to those who're still waiting.
hi there sir, I also applied for eea2 residence card
Please let me know mroe about how n what did u do to receive ur passport back.
Im affraid to do that, maybe it will slow down my RC process time.
But I need to urgently travel to my origin country.
I already booked a plane.

scoutunderground
Newly Registered

Post by scoutunderground » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:01 am

hamada1092 wrote:i just recived my residence card today
it was issued on 25/09/2014
good luck for all
hi there sir
How long it took ya to get it?
Did you also receive ur passport...
Or u asked for passport before u even received ur RC///

scoutunderground
Newly Registered

Post by scoutunderground » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:04 am

jahid2014 wrote:Hi everyone,
Here is my timeline
Applied on 2/2/2014
Acknowledgement letter 7/2/2014
COA 14/2/2014 dated 11/2/2014
RC: still waiting
Is there anyone who applied on February but still waiting? I contacted with HO so many times but only they said application under consideration. Then I found some email address from this forum and send some email. Then I got a letter from HO saying that we apologise for this delay, a decision will be despatched to you within next Two weeks.
What do you guys think, are they gonna give a decision within two weeks or not? Thanks any comments ???

hi there sir,
wow
Your process is very long. even more than 6 months.
Can you provide me with number and email which u used to contact HO
BLESS

scoutunderground
Newly Registered

Post by scoutunderground » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:09 am

VFN wrote:RC received today! see timeline below

Applied: 27-06-14
Acknowledgement letter: 30-06-14
COA (right to work): 03-07-14
Requested passport back: 07-08-14
Received passport: 10-08-14
RC received: 27-08-14 (dated 22-08-14)

The RC was a separate paper as I had requested my passport back. All and all, the process seem a lot more straightforward/simple than originally depicted, 2 months to get my RC. I received ill-advise on whether requesting passport would impact the application (it didn't) and overall timeline from lawyers, so I'd advise you to just give it a go on your own there's a lot of noise out there about this process.

My husband is Spanish (employed in the UK) and I'm Venezuelan (also employed in the UK). We have been married for 3 years.

Thanks all for posting your timelines and sharing experiences, definitely helpful in this process. Good luck to all!

WOW miss
You received ur RC so fast!
Lucky you

About passport, could you tell me is it that safe?
And briefly explain me how did u requested it, where n how?
I also need my passport for trip!
I hope it wont affect my rc process

scoutunderground
Newly Registered

Post by scoutunderground » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:16 am

luckyaussie wrote:Hi, I created an account just to post my timeline as I am feeling pretty lucky about it and forums like this have been very helpful for us. We would not have known we could request our passports back as soon as our application was received without other user's tips.

My husband is a New Zealander with a Hungarian (EU) passport exercising Treaty rights and I am Australian.
- 3rd Sep 2014 - I submitted our EEA2 application via royal mail next day post with a self addressed next day return envelope enclosed.
- 4th Sep 2014 - UKBA signed for it before 8am! I applied that evening for the return of our passports using the online system. I did not give a reason as to why we needed them (we had read other posts that were successful with no real urgent need).
- 17th Sep 2014 - We received the return envelope with my COA (dated 15th Sep) both our passports and an accompanying letter about the return of our passports dated 16 Sep.

I am currently looking for a job and we booked travel for next weekend before we realised they may hold our passports for a while so are VERY happy about the 2 weeks in total/10 business days timeline!

Will try to remember to update when the residence card comes through or if there are any problems. I guess they have 6 months from now so fingers crossed. Good luck to others.

hi miss
can you please help me
I also applied for eea2 RC.
I also recieved confirmation from HO with letter provied my RC reference number.
Does that mean they are right now working on my RC?
I need my passport in 1 month I want to travel.
Can you please tell me n send me links, step by step, how to require for passport return...

scoutunderground
Newly Registered

Post by scoutunderground » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:19 am

kafworld wrote:Hi cypriotExpat,

Thanks. I am American and my wife is Romanian.

I requested my passport and marriage certificate back the day I received my COA. They both arrived in the envelope I provided to them. My RC was sent using their envelope and arrived 3-4 days after my RC was printed.

I'm guessing yours should arrive any day since 2 months is pretty standard these days. You should call them. Doesn't hurt to be persistent.

Good luck.
hi there Sir
Can you please help me.
I sent my eea2 form for RC before 2 weeks
Received letter from ho with my RC reference.
So i suppose that means they are working on it.
Anyway, i need my passport in one month. Since I want to travel to home country.
Could you please tell me step by step, how to ask for passport return.
So i can receive it 100% with no problems.

bless

rafay
Newly Registered

Post by rafay » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:26 am

Dear All,

We were on hearing and this went all very well all question was correct judge said you will receive determination letter after 2 to 3 weeks I am confused if this is the winning case does that mean judge has to tell us on the spot that your appeal is allowed and you will get determination after 2 weeks.Is this the normal way or judge give the decision on the same day of hearing I don't have any clue or sign????
could any one help out this matter please, Judge did not tell whether we win the case or lose??? The home office Representative still on end has elaborated our case that this is marriage of convenience.
Regards
Rafay

Tim93
Newly Registered

Post by Tim93 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi guys, just a quick question. I'm yet to send my Eea2 application and my wife's eea1 application and I'm a bit confused if I need to send both applications to the same address and if so what address?. Any response will be Incredibly helpful. Cheers

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:49 pm

Tim93 wrote:Hi guys, just a quick question. I'm yet to send my Eea2 application and my wife's eea1 application and I'm a bit confused if I need to send both applications to the same address and if so what address?. Any response will be Incredibly helpful. Cheers
Have you printed the form and didn't find the address to post the form to? People are very content with asking the most irrelevant questions just because it is a forum. You haven't made an effort at all.

Tim93
Newly Registered

Post by Tim93 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:58 pm

you simply ignore the question if you don't want to give an answer. You don't respond to people like that!!!

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:23 pm

Really? What answer do you need? The address is clearly visible on the respective forms, just because you can ask a question doesn't mean you should, especially when it is an information readily available to you. If you wanted an EEA2 residence card, you will need to fill a form, do you have the form with you? If yes, the answer to your question is on the form.

Johannes_Marais
Newly Registered

Post by Johannes_Marais » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:51 pm

Good day all,

Thank you for the informative discussions. My wife and I recently relocated from South Africa as she accepted a job. She holds an EU passport (Dutch) and I applied on 30/09/2014 for my RC. I received a letter indicating that they have indeed received my application by Royal Mail today (9/10/2014), dated 1/10/2014. I also received an e-mail this afternoon indicating that my payment has been cleared and my case assigned to a team.

Will keep you updated on the process.

kash112

Post by kash112 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:34 am

I dont think they visiting home now a days...they focus on interviews....what u say?
Last edited by kash112 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.