ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

layss
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by layss » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:18 am

G2ry48 wrote:hi all.
Praise be to God. today I received my RC.
applied 28 Oct2014
interviewed 12 Jan2015
RC received 19 Mar2015 (issued 19 of Feb2015)
goodluck to all.
Hi G2ry48
many congratulations mate for getting your RC after interview, it was long wait after interview (2 months) but happy you got it. I have my interview next week. could you pls what did they as? I don't have council tax bills, and joint utility bills, did you take all additional docs they asked for?

RSH
Newly Registered

Post by RSH » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:40 am

Congrats G2ry48 :)
I am wondering if anyone in forum who applied in November 14, got COA but haven't got RC and no interview call and no home visit??

toraqa
Syria

Post by toraqa » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:48 am

Hey you guys

My timeline is:

App sent: Mar 9, 2015
HO receive: Mar 10, 2015
Confirmation letter: Mar 16, 2015
COA : Mar 20, 2015
RC: Waiting

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:55 pm

Yes I did applied in Oct(29th) and no home visit, no interview and NO RC yet .. soon its gonna be 5 months over ..!!! :?: :(

wingsatmyfeet
Newly Registered

Post by wingsatmyfeet » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:12 pm

Hello to all,

Please see below for our timeline as UNMARRIED PARTNERS regarding an EEA Residence Card application:

- 9 June 2014: arrived in the UK on an EEA Family Permit

- 27 Nov 2014: sent Res Card application
- 1 Dec 2014: application acknowledgement letter from Home Office (dated the 01/12 but arrived on about the 05/12)
- 12 Dec 2014: received Certificate of Application from Home Office, stipulating the right to work (whether to accept offers of employment or continue in existing employment)
- 13 Feb 2015: received passport back from Home Office (having requested it two weeks earlier online - no reason is required to request your passport back and, for those unaware, you do not need to provide a reason and it will not impact your application whatsoever)
- 19 March 2015: RECEIVED EEA RESIDENCE CARD!!! (The Letter accompanying my Res Card and the returned, supporting documentation was dated four days prior: 15 March 2015.)

Relevant background particulars:
UNMARRIED PARTNERS
Me: Australian national
My EEA National partner: French
I arrived in the UK, accompanied by my French partner, on 9 June 2014, on an EEA Family Permit (16/06/14-16/12/14).
My partner had received a job offer in the UK which started on 16 June 2014.
Partner lost his job on 4 Dec 2014. Updated the Home Office immediately by phone then by post.
On 4 Jan we forwarded the letter from my partner's former employer advising that he was no longer required in his position. We also sent an employment agency letter advising that he was registered with them and being put forward for suitable job applications. Finally we included a job application with this post also.

Best wishes to all of you,
wingsatmyfeet

G2ry48
Newly Registered

Post by G2ry48 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:05 pm

Thanks to all!!!

@svalavil give me ur number and I'll ring u.

To those who will go through an interview below ill paste a summary that I copied from last yr. It did really help us. Sit and talk with your partner as your answers should be the same.

The marriage interview is usually arranged by the Home Office in the Capital Building in Liverpool (PEO Liverpool) for both a husband and a wife if the Home office doubts the relationship. An interpreter may be requested, if needed, currently free of charge. A legal representative may attend the interview, if required.
The interview takes approximately 4 hours. In our recent case it has taken nearly 4.5 hours. A spouse of the migrant is called first into a separate room. The Home Office interviewer and the interpreter (if requested) are already in the interview room. The migrant's spouse normally sits at the table opposite the Home Office interviewer and the interpreter. The legal representative normally seats further away in the corner behind the client.
The Home Office interviewer explains the procedures, checks if the migrant spouse understands the interpreter and further requests the migrant spouse to sign a declaration. If any documents are brought for the interview, the Home office interviewer checks their contents.
What questions may be asked during the interview ?
The Home office interviewer may ask the following questions (the questions may change depending on the migrant's personal circumstances):
Did you have any period of separation since your spouse's current application was lodged ?
When did you last return to the UK ? When does your spouse last return to the UK ?
Who completed your application form ? Who signed the application form ?
Which country were you born ? Which city were you born ? What country is your spouse from ? Which city is your spouse from ?
What is your religion ? Are you practicing
What is your spouse's religion ? Is your spouse practicing ?
Where did you go for your last holiday ? How did you travel to the airport ? Which airport ? How many days you spent outside of the UK ? Did your child/spouse etc go with you ? Where did your spouse last go abroad ? Which airport did she/he travel from ? How did he/she travel to the airport ? Who travelled with him/her ?
Were you married in the past ? If so, when did you divorce ?
Was your spouse married in the past ? If so, when did he/she divorce ?
When did you get up last Saturday ? When did your spouse get up last Saturday ? What did you have for breakfast ? What did your spouse have for breakfast ? Do you have a favourite mug ?
What is the colour of/pattern on your favourite mug ? Does your spouse have a favourite mug ? What is the colour of/pattern on your spouse's favourite mug ?
What else did you do last Saturday ? Where did you go ? Which shop did you go to ? What did you buy there ? What did your spouse buy there ? Where did you eat on Saturday ?
What did you eat ? Who else went with you shopping on Saturday ? When did you come back on Saturday ? What did you cook for supper on Saturday ?
What is your favourite drink ? How do you like to drink you favourite drink (with/without coffee/sugar etc) What is your spouse's favourite drink ? How does your spouse like to drink his/her favourite drink ?
When did you go to bed on Saturday ? When did your spouse go to bed on Saturday ? What did you do on Sunday ? When did you get up on Sunday ? When did your spouse get up on Sunday ? What did you have for breakfast ? What did your spouse have for breakfast ?
Who cooked the breakfast ?
When did you last go for a walk in the past ? Which park what it ? What else did you do on that day ?
What are the names of your parents ? Where do they live ? Did your spouse meet your parents ? When did your spouse meet your parents ? What is your spouse parents' names ?
Where do your spouse's parents live ? Did your meet your spouse's parents ?
Do you have brothers and/or sisters ? What are their names ? Does your spouse have brothers and/or sisters ? What are their names ?
Do you have children ? How old are they ? When are their birthdays ? Are they living with you ? Where was child X last Saturday ? What did you give your children for Christmas ? Which school do you children attend ? What do your children were to school ? What is the name of your children' nanny ? Where does she live ? How long and when do you children stay with the nanny ? How do you take your children to the nanny ?
What colour was your bedding yesterday ? Which side of the bed do you sleep at night ?
What side of the bed does your spouse slip at night ? What furniture do you have in your bedroom ?
What colour are the rubbish bins outside of your house ? How many floors are there in the building where you live ? What colour is the entrance door ? Is the entrance door wooden or PVC ? Is there a letter box in the entrance door ? Is there a glass pane in the entrance door ?
How many keys do you need to open the entrance door ? Are there any flats on your floor ? How many ? Who are your neighbours ? Their names ? What colour is the door to your flat ? Is the door to your flat wooden or PVC ? Is there a buzzer or a knocker on the door to your flat ? Is there a letter box in the door to your flat ? How high is the letter box in the door to your flat ? Is there any glass pane in the door to your flat ? How many TVs do you have in your flat ? Who is your TV/cable/satellite provider ? Do you have a sofa in the sitting room ? Which colour is the sofa in the sitting room ? How many people can sit on the sofa in the sitting room ? Is the cooker in the Spam gas or electrical ? Who is your gas provider ?
Do you have a hobby ? Does your spouse have a hobby ? Do you go to gym ? Does your spouse go to gym ? When do you go to gym ? When was the last time you went to gym ?
When did your spouse last time went to gym ?
When did you come to the UK ? Where do you work ? What is the name of your employer ?
Which car did you drive ? Which make is your car ? Which colour is your car ? Your your spouse working ? How many hours do you work ? When did you last go to work ? Where does your spouse work ? How many hours does your spouse work ? When was the last time your spouse went to work ?
How did you meet ? What are the names of the people who introduced you ? Where did you go for the first date ? When was your engagement ? When were you proposed ? When did you propose to your spouse ? Who bought the rings ? Did you both choose the rings ?
When did you marry ? Where did you marry ? Did you go to the marriage ceremony in one car ? Who did you go with to the marriage ceremony ? Name those people who gave you a lift ? Who are there people ? Who did your spouse go with to the marriage ceremony ? Name those people who gave him a lift ? Who are there people ?
How did you celebrate your marriage ? Which restaurant did you go to ? Did you have a wedding cake ? Did you receive wedding presents ? What were the presents ?
Any other information you wish to add as to why do you need to be in the UK ?
The spouse is then asked to sign the declaration that the information provided by her/him is correct to the best of her knowledge. The legal representative is asked if he/she has any comments. The spouse is asked to leave the interview room. The migrant is then invited to the rooms and is being interviewed accordingly. Similar questions are asked and answers are recorded.
When the interview is completed, the migrant is asked to sign a declaration. The UK BA interviewer can normally provide a copy of the interview record a short while later. It is worth requesting a copy of the interview and keep it for the future reference.
The Home office interviewer in the given example said that the cases when the migrants are interviewed are considered quicker.
Please note that the home office interviewer may not be familiar with the migrant and/or sponsor's cultural background. In once of the cases it was hard for the Home office interviewer to understand why in some cultures there are no formal engagement procedures and why there could not be presents for Christmas for children.
Please note that some questions may be different. For example, in case when there was a child in the family and the migrant was not the biological parent of the child, the Home office interviewer asked both the husband and the wife if there was a contact between the child and the biological father, if the migrant met the biological father of the child.
Important point on interpreters. They are generally ok, although on one occasion the legal representative who also spoke the language of the interviewing migrant had to request the interpreter to interpret exactly what the migrant said, as the correct translation was crucial to the migrant's case. In another case one interpreter attempted to direct the migrant what and how he/she should be giving the answers to the Home office. This is not acceptable and should not be permitted.
I believe this help you a lot.
Imshzd

svalavil

Post by svalavil » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:18 pm

Hi please ring me on 07459657595.
Thanks

SondraF
Newly Registered

Post by SondraF » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:23 pm

Ugh - I just reread the letter that came with the passports and apparently to reenter the UK I need to apply for a Family Permit?! How the hell can I do that if they HAVE my original documentation already?! Christ..

Has anyone traveled on the COA and passport while waiting? Im a non-visa national, but I don't need to be stamped in as a visitor...

gilliananneq
Newly Registered

Post by gilliananneq » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:22 pm

SondraF wrote:Ugh - I just reread the letter that came with the passports and apparently to reenter the UK I need to apply for a Family Permit?! How the hell can I do that if they HAVE my original documentation already?! Christ..

Has anyone traveled on the COA and passport while waiting? Im a non-visa national, but I don't need to be stamped in as a visitor...
Hi, we're in the same situation! Going abroad tomorrow and we can't apply for another EEA because they have all our original documents and it's a very short visit. We'll see how it goes when we come back, let's hope for the best! :shock:

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:50 pm

svalavil" --- now it's your turn to share your experience about your interview you had today ..???

john33388
Newly Registered

Post by john33388 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:03 pm

Did Anyone who applied November/December get their Residence card ? Please share your timescale.
Thank you.

wingsatmyfeet
Newly Registered

Post by wingsatmyfeet » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:50 pm

Hi there,

I also received the same letter with my returned passport advising me to apply for another EEA Family Permit if I wanted to travel and re-enter the UK in my situation (pending EEA Res Card application).
[As a side note: I received my Res Card late last week so this no longer applies to me...]

Obviously this does not make sense so I phoned them to clarify and they said the following:

- travel in this situation is not advised by the Home Office given potential difficulties re-entering
- not only did they agree that I could not apply for another Family Permit given the Home Office had all my original documents, but they said that this was also not advised given it may interfere with my existing application or delay it
- they advised that travelling with my EEA partner would make things a lot easier, plus taking my Certificate of Application with me as well as any supporting documentation I did still have with me (in case the individual Immigration Officer requires further documentation at the border). For example docs illustrating how the EEA national is exercising their Treaty Rights.

It is perhaps worth noting here that on the two separate days I phoned, both officers advised that my EEA partner accompanying me and my Cert of Application should suffice.
I hope that this helps.
Just cover all or as many bases as you can should you choose to travel.
Good luck,
wingsatmyfeet

newcomer-hi
Newly Registered

Post by newcomer-hi » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi all,

I have been keep reading this long long post for a while.
Here is my timeline:

Sent Application: 4 Dec 2014
Date of acknowledgement letter: 5 Dec 2014
Coa Date: 17 Dec 2014 (Without permission to work, due to unmarried)
Applicant's passport returned: 14 Jan 2015
Rc: Still waiting.....

I start getting worry now since it has been more than three months, and thinking about to call them for my application progress......

ozge
Newly Registered

Post by ozge » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:43 am

Hi guys i am new here i am married with EU citizen this is my time line
Sent Application: 15 Dec 2014
Coa letter: 14 Jan 2015

john33388
Newly Registered

Post by john33388 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:15 pm

applied end of November
got coa dated 11 December
Rc still waiting

SondraF
Newly Registered

Post by SondraF » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:51 pm

wingsatmyfeet wrote:Hi there,

I also received the same letter with my returned passport advising me to apply for another EEA Family Permit if I wanted to travel and re-enter the UK in my situation (pending EEA Res Card application).
[As a side note: I received my Res Card late last week so this no longer applies to me...]

Obviously this does not make sense so I phoned them to clarify and they said the following:

- travel in this situation is not advised by the Home Office given potential difficulties re-entering
- not only did they agree that I could not apply for another Family Permit given the Home Office had all my original documents, but they said that this was also not advised given it may interfere with my existing application or delay it
- they advised that travelling with my EEA partner would make things a lot easier, plus taking my Certificate of Application with me as well as any supporting documentation I did still have with me (in case the individual Immigration Officer requires further documentation at the border). For example docs illustrating how the EEA national is exercising their Treaty Rights.

It is perhaps worth noting here that on the two separate days I phoned, both officers advised that my EEA partner accompanying me and my Cert of Application should suffice.
I hope that this helps.
Good luck,
wingsatmyfeet
THANK YOU for this helpful post! We've already put off one trip, but I damn well wasn't going to put off this bigger one in May (expense, number of people involved), especially as I figured 4.5 months would be enough to process the RC (it could still well be, guess we will see). My EEA partner will be traveling with me, Ill bring the COA, copies of his pay slips, get a letter or something from his employer, and our lease and that should be enough. Its ridiculous that we are practically held hostage in the country for essentially following the rules, when it is the level of incompetence from the top down driving these (rather unacceptable) delays. I haven't seen my family in almost 18 months!

newcomer-hi
Newly Registered

Post by newcomer-hi » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:34 pm

newcomer-hi wrote:Hi all,

I have been keep reading this long long post for a while.
Here is my timeline:

Sent Application: 4 Dec 2014
Date of acknowledgement letter: 5 Dec 2014
Coa Date: 17 Dec 2014 (Without permission to work, due to unmarried)
Applicant's passport returned: 14 Jan 2015

I start getting worry now since it has been more than three months, and thinking about to call them for my application progress......

I got my rc today!!! Thanks everyone!

john33388
Newly Registered

Post by john33388 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:53 pm

Congrats. Thank you for letting us now.

Blinxy
Mood:
Senegal

Post by Blinxy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:45 am

Hi all,

A few months ago I posted because I was worried , after 3 months I didn’t get my COA. Here is a new update about my situation.

Application sent: 09/12

HO received:12/01

Email of confirmation: 13/01

Letter of confirmation:20/01

After calling, emailing and waiting, sending letters, I decided to open a ticket on whatdotheyknow FAQ and ask why I didn’t receive my COA after 3 months waiting for it. A few days after they send me back my application. The reason was that they were not able to process the payment. The letter was dated 29th of January!!!! I received it 11th of March…..After verification they didn’t try to withdrawn the money from my account. So here is the new timeline:

Application Returned due to fees : 11/03

Re-applied with a postal order:12/03

HO received: 13/03

Email of confirmation: 16/03

Letter of confirmation: 20/03

COA: 25/03 (dated 20/03) with right to work

RC: waiting

@toraqa We have kinda the same timeline so let me know when you get your RC PLEASE.

svalavil

Post by svalavil » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:05 pm

[quote="kash112"][quote="sunspott"][quote="kash112"]Great news ...thanks to Allah i hv recieved RC today....
applied 27 july...
interview held 7 nov ...rc issued on 12 recieved it today...i was overstayer for 6 years

Hi kash112 can you please ring me on 07459657595

horlameedeh
Newly Registered

Post by horlameedeh » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:55 am

Hi everyone, this message board has been very helpful to me while I was completing my eea2 application. However, i have seen so many responses and comments in relation to individual applications. Below is my timeline, although I received my resident card yet but I know its coming soon.

Applied 17-10-2014
HO received for 21-10-2014
COA with right to work issued 6-11-2014
still waiting....[/quote]

Last time I was on this thread, I stated my timeline as shown above and today, I can finally confirm that the wait is over. My overall timeline is shown below.

Applied 17-10-2014
Received letter from HO for interview on 26-02-2015
Attended interview on 16-03-2015
Received Resident Card on 28-03-2015 (dated 23-03-2015)

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful encouragement and posts. Hope you all get a great news soon.

JohnDee

Post by JohnDee » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:56 pm

Application sent on 29th Oct 2014.... :|
COA received on 21st Nov 2014... :|
application filled by myself within a valid visa, No solicitor ..... :|
and tomorrow it will be 5 months completed yet no RC :?: , no Interview :?: and no home visit :?: Any suggestions guys ??? :idea: :roll:

gilliananneq
Newly Registered

Post by gilliananneq » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:55 pm

wingsatmyfeet wrote:Hi there,

I hope that this helps.
Good luck,
wingsatmyfeet

Thank you so much for this information, it is very helpful!
We took our COA, payslips, job contract and utility bills with us and we're travelling together... So hopefully they won't cause us any problems when we return in the beginning of April.
I'll keep you guys updated!

Gili&Nanneq

sheikh787
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh787 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:41 am

Hello "horlameedeh,many ccongrats happy for u.
Horlameedeh our time line is almost same I sent my application on 18 October 2014 I got my coa on 10 november after that nothing m still Wating:( I didn't get any interview letter yet.
Wanted to.ask u whr u got married in uk or in European country?
Nd wht they asked u in interview.
Wht nationality u hv?
Thnx
"]Hi everyone, this message board has been very helpful to me while I was completing my eea2 application. However, i have seen so many responses and comments in relation to individual applications. Below is my timeline, although I received my resident card yet but I know its coming soon.

Applied 17-10-2014
still waiting....[/quote]

Last time I was on this thread, I stated my timeline as shown above and today, I can finally confirm that the wait is over. My overall timeline is shown below.

Applied 17-10-2014
Received letter from HO for interview on 26-02-2015
Attended interview on 16-03-2015
Received Resident Card on 28-03-2015 (dated 23-03-2015)

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful encouragement and posts. Hope you all get a great news soon.[/quote]

sheikh787
Newly Registered

Post by sheikh787 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:45 am

JohnDee wrote: Application sent on 29th Oct 2014.... :|
COA received on 21st Nov 2014... :|
application filled by myself within a valid visa, No solicitor ..... :|
and tomorrow it will be 5 months completed yet no RC :?: , no Interview :?: and no home visit :?: Any suggestions guys ??? :idea: :roll:
Hello JohnDee our timeline is almost same i appiled 18 October but still no good news :(