ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mileman
Argentina

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Mileman » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:20 pm

mourad05 wrote:Hi All

We get our RC today.
We applied on 14/02
Rc received on 30/06
Issued on 27/06.

Good luck for every one

Thanks
Thanks for posting the timeline, another 4.5er...lets hope they keep it up.
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

dsmanny
Newly Registered

Post by dsmanny » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:13 pm

Hi guys,

Been following the topic for awhile and I felt obliged to share my information as a thank you to everyone else in here. Today my wife finally received her RC and you can see the timeline below:
Application submitted - 07/02/2015
CoA with right to work - 13/02/2015
Residence card issued - 25/06/2015
RC received - 30/06/2015

My wife came on an unmarried Family Permit in the beginning of Jan. We got married at the end of January and soon after applied for the RC. No home visits or interviews.

Just keep patient and I am sure you will get positive news soon!

Boris89

Post by Boris89 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:08 am

dsmanny wrote:Hi guys,

Been following the topic for awhile and I felt obliged to share my information as a thank you to everyone else in here. Today my wife finally received her RC and you can see the timeline below:
Application submitted - 07/02/2015
CoA with right to work - 13/02/2015
Residence card issued - 25/06/2015
RC received - 30/06/2015

My wife came on an unmarried Family Permit in the beginning of Jan. We got married at the end of January and soon after applied for the RC. No home visits or interviews.

Just keep patient and I am sure you will get positive news soon!

hi dsmanny.

how did you get a family permit without getting married ? what documents did you provide to british embassy in that country ?

dsmanny
Newly Registered

Post by dsmanny » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:15 am

Hi Boris,

My wife applied in the British Embassy in Peru as she is originally from there. The key is to provide proof of a durable relationship. We showed a tenancy agreement that was under both our names while we were studying in London and also Skype conversations, photos, tickets from trips we took together to show that we have been together for awhile and our intentions are serious. In addition we already had a date set for the wedding so we also provided proof that we have a church booked. Hope that helps.

aepbb
Newly Registered

Post by aepbb » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:12 am

got the COA with right to work yesterday!

fixing and updating my timeline:

Application for EEA(QP)+EEA(FM) received by HO on 05.06.15
biometrics done on 15.06.15 (letter was dated 10.06.15)
CoA with right to work 01.07.15 Yay!
passport requested back 01.07.15

Cihangir
Turkey

Post by Cihangir » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi there,

I (Turkish) have just send my application EEA(FM) along wih my EEA(QP) application of my wife(Polish) today

Application for EEA(FM)+EEA(QP) 02/07/2105

I will update as progress wll be done.

I just wonder when can i get my passport back earliest.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:14 pm

Cihangir wrote:Hi there,

I (Turkish) have just send my application EEA(FM) along wih my EEA(QP) application of my wife(Polish) today

Application for EEA(FM)+EEA(QP) 02/07/2105

I will update as progress wll be done.

I just wonder when can i get my passport back earliest.
Passports: they need at least 10 working days starting from the issuing of the COA...I would give them a few extra just in case and then complete the form to get them back.

London2015Feb
Newly Registered

Post by London2015Feb » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I finally got my RC today. Can't tell how much I am excited now.

Thanks everyone's contribution in this forum. I really think it helps a lot the others during this long waiting time.

Sending EEA(EFM) form: 16 Feb 2015
Received by Home office: 17 Feb 2015
Application fee deducted from my bank account: 19 Feb 2015
COA received: 24 Feb 2015 (dated 21 Feb 2015)
RC received: 2 Jul 2015 (dated: 30 Jun 2015)

I did not request my passport back but I did sent an empty envelope with stamp together with my application. Then then HO send me back my passport in end of Feb or beginning or Mar. So I got back my passport even I did not request it. After that, I did travel with my passport with my EEA1 expired. When I was travelling alone, I had problem at the immigration at Eurostar in Paris. But when I travelled with my partner, there was never a problem.

Myself: Hong Kong Chinese
My partner: French
EEA2 type: Unmarried Partner

Do stay positive everyone and your application in Feb and Mar will arrive soon. :)
London2015Feb wrote:Hi everyone,

I found this thread few days ago and the sharing here is very helpful. Thanks a lot everyone for your valuable input. I just applied the EEA2 RC few days ago using the new EEA(EFM) form via the unmarried partner route. I found the new form is much more sophisticated and asks for much for detailed information. Does anyone here has some experience to share too? I hope it is not going to make the application process longer. Here is my timeline:

All I can do now is just waiting. God bless me!

asian_atheart

Post by asian_atheart » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:15 pm

Hi London2015Feb!

Congratulations on your RC! you must be so relieved! Can you share a bit about the length of your relationship and what supporting documents you sent? As the unmarried partner route comes under more scrutiny I'm sure those planning to apply would love to hear from other's experiences.

Also you mentioned in your post that you travelled with your expired EEA1?? Do you mean Family Permit? If you hold a Hong Kong SAR Passport I'm guessing you are considered as a non Visa national for UK and Schengen countries so it should not have affected travel in any case.

Regards

Thanks everyone's contribution in this forum. I really think it helps a lot the others during this long waiting time.

I did not request my passport back but I did sent an empty envelope with stamp together with my application. Then then HO send me back my passport in end of Feb or beginning or Mar. So I got back my passport even I did not request it. After that, I did travel with my passport with my EEA1 expired. When I was travelling alone, I had problem at the immigration at Eurostar in Paris. But when I travelled with my partner, there was never a problem.

Do stay positive everyone and your application in Feb and Mar will arrive soon. :)

RC022015

Post by RC022015 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:17 pm

I found this thread few days ago and the sharing here is very helpful. Thanks a lot everyone for your valuable input. I just applied the EEA2 RC few days ago using the new EEA(EFM) form via the unmarried partner route. I found the new form is much more sophisticated and asks for much for detailed information. Does anyone here has some experience to share too? I hope it is not going to make the application process longer. Here is my timeline:

All I can do now is just waiting. God bless me!
Congratulations! and many thanks for posting the timeline.

mourad05
Newly Registered

Post by mourad05 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:53 pm

mohamed82 wrote:
mourad05 wrote:Hi All

We get our RC today.
We applied on 14/02
Rc received on 30/06
Issued on 27/06.

Good luck for every one

Thanks
what the date of your coa plz?
Coa issued on the 21/02

parisbynight
Newly Registered

Post by parisbynight » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:01 pm

my husband got his RC today!

we applied on the 16th feb
coa received on the 24th feb
passport requested back
rc received on the 2nd july

no interview

i had a job when we applied but left my job a week later.

now the issue is that we left uk in march to go to husband home country for him to complete his.job ocntract and i took a career break. i plan to return in november. he plan to come to the uk in novwmber as well but we wont be travelling together.

my father will send us the RC document by post.

will there be an issue when my husband travel to uk?
will the immigration ask how come he has the rc if he was abroad the time it was issued and why was he abroad for so long?

London2015Feb
Newly Registered

Post by London2015Feb » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:22 pm

Hi asian_atheart,

Yes, I am so relieved now as with the RC, it will be much easier for me to find a job here. It was really a long process since the beginning when I applied for EEA1 and EEA2.

Me and my partner were together for more than 5 years when I applied for EEA1 and EEA2. We lived together from time to time, but not really a long length since we both lived in different cities. So, when I applied for EEA1, I provided a bunch of documents to proof our "akin to marriage" relationship.

I arrived in the UK last year in October and I applied for the EEA2 in Feb this year. So basically my EEA1 expired one month after I received my COA. Even though I have HKSAR passport, as I am living in the UK now without returning to HK, I do need a visa if I want to come back to the UK while travelling somewhere else. Otherwise I am supposed to be not allowed to live in the UK with only my passport. Therefore it was a problem for me once when I came back from Paris. But after being stuck at the immigration of 30 minutes, finally they allowed me to come back and warned me not leaving the UK again. On the other hand, I did leave for few more times but it was with my partner and every time was by plane, apparently it wasn't a problem anymore while travelling with my partner even with my expired EEA1.

For the applying for EEA2, again, I gathered a lot of documents to send to the HO. I also put a Table of Content for the HO to read in order to be more organised, and show what documents can be retained by the HO, what documents have to be returned to me. I think you must be organised in order to help the officers to read your documents more easily.

Here is the list of things I provided to the HO:

1. Personal details
- my passport and ID copies and photos
2. My sponsor (which is my partner)
- my partner's passport and ID copies and photos
3. Immigration history and previous documentation
- a list of locations a travelled in the previous years which can be shown in my passport
4. Proof of our durable relationship
- Common bank account: this is the joint account I had with my partner both in Hong Kong and in the UK. Y
- Common address: although we did not live together for a long period of time, we did live together here and there for few months. So, we got all the letters or bills with either both of our names or separately.
- Photographs: this is a big part of the relationship proof. I provided the photos since we met, which is more than 5 years. All the places we have been to together, I included. It is to show we have been travelling together a lot of time or spending a lot of time together at the same time. They are all the print outs from my computer, or the photos I put on Facebook, or somewhere else. Ideally if you can show photos from every month, it would be good.
- Evident how we kept in contact with each other: I provided all the proofs showing our contacts, such as phone call record, emails, whatsapp, facebook message, Gmail hangout, SMS, Skype. All means I used I put them there. For some of the applications such as Skype or Whatspp, I did not really show the conversation, I use some apps to show the statistics how frequent our communication was. Again, it was based on monthly record.
- Testimonial letters from families and friends about our relationship: we asked our parents and our friends to write us letters and proof that we have meet long time ago and always been a lovely couple.
- Flight / train tickets on travelling: for all our travels, I tried to find the tickets that we took together to proof that we always tavel together as a couple
- Post card, gift card, birthday card, valentine's card, wedding invitation card/ thank you card, even certificated: all the cards that someone sent to us, or we offer to each other, I sent them to the HO.
5. Sponsor is an EEA national worker
- my partner's employment contract and letter from the employer
- my partner's payslip
- my partner's bank statements
6. Other evidence not listed above (the above are listed according to what was being mentioned when you do the application. I don't know if it is changed now)
- My cover letter proving how much commitment I have with my partner
- My partner's cover letter proving how much commitment he has with me
- My profile including CV, study history, work history, TB certificate
- My partner's profile including CV, study history, work history
- Me and my partner's saving together
- Me and my partner's insurance coverage in the UK

All the above documents, if I have the original copy such as the post cards/bank statements, I would send both original copy and photo copy. If I don't have, such as photos from my computer, then I just print them out and sent them.

I hope the above info can help some of you for your future applications. Good luck for your journey guys!

asian_atheart wrote:Hi London2015Feb!

Congratulations on your RC! you must be so relieved! Can you share a bit about the length of your relationship and what supporting documents you sent? As the unmarried partner route comes under more scrutiny I'm sure those planning to apply would love to hear from other's experiences.

Also you mentioned in your post that you travelled with your expired EEA1?? Do you mean Family Permit? If you hold a Hong Kong SAR Passport I'm guessing you are considered as a non Visa national for UK and Schengen countries so it should not have affected travel in any case.

Regards

taha2015

Post by taha2015 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:36 pm

hi guys ,
just had a surprise HO office visit at 730 pm today , they were so kind and nice , they stayed for about 30 mins , he said we should hear from them in 3 to 6 weeks time, fingers crossed .

maxmelion

Post by maxmelion » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:24 am

Parisbynight and london2015
how u send ur passport back to get stamp
did ho phoned you or sent u a letter to request the passport to sfamp it ?
I applied 15 feb ror
coa recived 21 feb dated 19 feb
requested passport back in march
rc still waiting nd not heard anything frm ho
so wondering do they ring to send passporr or send a letter

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:33 am

maxmelion wrote:Parisbynight and london2015
how u send ur passport back to get stamp
did ho phoned you or sent u a letter to request the passport to sfamp it ?
I applied 15 feb ror
coa recived 21 feb dated 19 feb
requested passport back in march
rc still waiting nd not heard anything frm ho
so wondering do they ring to send passporr or send a letter
Max, a friend of mine recently received his, and he also had his passport sent to him before his approval.

They sent him a page with the visa there, I guess you need to keep it with your passport!

maxmelion

Post by maxmelion » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:36 am

Thank u man
i really start worry as im travelling to home next week for holiday .
Hope all the best .

asian_atheart

Post by asian_atheart » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:44 am

Hi London2015Feb,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a very comprehensive post! I'm sure it will be a source of encouragement for all of who are planning or in the process of applying. I'm so glad everything worked out so well for you.
All the very best to you and your partner in the future.

Take care,
asian_atheart
London2015Feb wrote:Hi asian_atheart,

Yes, I am so relieved now as with the RC, it will be much easier for me to find a job here. It was really a long process since the beginning when I applied for EEA1 and EEA2.

Me and my partner were together for more than 5 years when I applied for EEA1 and EEA2. We lived together from time to time, but not really a long length since we both lived in different cities. So, when I applied for EEA1, I provided a bunch of documents to proof our "akin to marriage" relationship.

I arrived in the UK last year in October and I applied for the EEA2 in Feb this year. So basically my EEA1 expired one month after I received my COA. Even though I have HKSAR passport, as I am living in the UK now without returning to HK, I do need a visa if I want to come back to the UK while travelling somewhere else. Otherwise I am supposed to be not allowed to live in the UK with only my passport. Therefore it was a problem for me once when I came back from Paris. But after being stuck at the immigration of 30 minutes, finally they allowed me to come back and warned me not leaving the UK again. On the other hand, I did leave for few more times but it was with my partner and every time was by plane, apparently it wasn't a problem anymore while travelling with my partner even with my expired EEA1.

For the applying for EEA2, again, I gathered a lot of documents to send to the HO. I also put a Table of Content for the HO to read in order to be more organised, and show what documents can be retained by the HO, what documents have to be returned to me. I think you must be organised in order to help the officers to read your documents more easily.

Here is the list of things I provided to the HO:

1. Personal details
- my passport and ID copies and photos
2. My sponsor (which is my partner)
- my partner's passport and ID copies and photos
3. Immigration history and previous documentation
- a list of locations a travelled in the previous years which can be shown in my passport
4. Proof of our durable relationship
- Common bank account: this is the joint account I had with my partner both in Hong Kong and in the UK. Y
- Common address: although we did not live together for a long period of time, we did live together here and there for few months. So, we got all the letters or bills with either both of our names or separately.
- Photographs: this is a big part of the relationship proof. I provided the photos since we met, which is more than 5 years. All the places we have been to together, I included. It is to show we have been travelling together a lot of time or spending a lot of time together at the same time. They are all the print outs from my computer, or the photos I put on Facebook, or somewhere else. Ideally if you can show photos from every month, it would be good.
- Evident how we kept in contact with each other: I provided all the proofs showing our contacts, such as phone call record, emails, whatsapp, facebook message, Gmail hangout, SMS, Skype. All means I used I put them there. For some of the applications such as Skype or Whatspp, I did not really show the conversation, I use some apps to show the statistics how frequent our communication was. Again, it was based on monthly record.
- Testimonial letters from families and friends about our relationship: we asked our parents and our friends to write us letters and proof that we have meet long time ago and always been a lovely couple.
- Flight / train tickets on travelling: for all our travels, I tried to find the tickets that we took together to proof that we always tavel together as a couple
- Post card, gift card, birthday card, valentine's card, wedding invitation card/ thank you card, even certificated: all the cards that someone sent to us, or we offer to each other, I sent them to the HO.
5. Sponsor is an EEA national worker
- my partner's employment contract and letter from the employer
- my partner's payslip
- my partner's bank statements
6. Other evidence not listed above (the above are listed according to what was being mentioned when you do the application. I don't know if it is changed now)
- My cover letter proving how much commitment I have with my partner
- My partner's cover letter proving how much commitment he has with me
- My profile including CV, study history, work history, TB certificate
- My partner's profile including CV, study history, work history
- Me and my partner's saving together
- Me and my partner's insurance coverage in the UK

All the above documents, if I have the original copy such as the post cards/bank statements, I would send both original copy and photo copy. If I don't have, such as photos from my computer, then I just print them out and sent them.

I hope the above info can help some of you for your future applications. Good luck for your journey guys!

asian_atheart wrote:Hi London2015Feb!

Regards

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:31 pm

Hello all,

By the grace of God , I have been granted a RC (ror) , with no interview and home visit this time :).If any one is in the same situation as I were I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

I have also been issued a new letter stating my retained rights and previous RC was stamped as "cancelled".

Final timeline.

RC (ror) Applied: 13th feb 2015
Coa: 19th feb 2015
Rc issued :29th june 2015
Rc received: 3rd july 2015

Thanks every one , will keep looking this forum for any new updates and news, as I am due a PR in next 1.5 years time :)

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:30 pm

bil123 wrote:Hello all,

By the grace of God , I have been granted a RC (ror) , with no interview and home visit this time :).If any one is in the same situation as I were I am happy to answer any questions you may have.

I have also been issued a new letter stating my retained rights and previous RC was stamped as "cancelled".

Final timeline.

RC (ror) Applied: 13th feb 2015
Coa: 19th feb 2015
Rc issued :29th june 2015
Rc received: 3rd july 2015

Thanks every one , will keep looking this forum for any new updates and news, as I am due a PR in next 1.5 years time :)
Bil, thanks for posting, it is really helpful for those waiting to know the timelines of those who got the RC already.

gullposh

Post by gullposh » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:08 am

Any update for December 2014 applicants ?
its been more then 6 month did not receive anything apart from COA ( with right to work )

i called Ho many times and they answered me same ..( still in process )..
i have no idea why they taking so long as i am really frustrate and getting hope less now :(

has anyone their who applied in December and got their RC.. ?

vinb5
Newly Registered

Post by vinb5 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:07 am

gullposh wrote:Any update for December 2014 applicants ?
its been more then 6 month did not receive anything apart from COA ( with right to work )

i called Ho many times and they answered me same ..( still in process )..
i have no idea why they taking so long as i am really frustrate and getting hope less now :(

has anyone their who applied in December and got their RC.. ?

I am still waiting since Dec.
I called many times and raised compliant.
They are so rude and threatening.
They wont give ne exact time.but i have wait for few more years.

svalavil

Post by svalavil » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:30 am

Hi all I applied on November still no news done interview 3 months before no idea what's going on and how long it's going to take

nachfee

Post by nachfee » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:57 am

Hello there,
Glad to see Feb applicants getting their residences.

One question, seems like a lot of people requested their passports back. Can I ask why? Was it solemnly due to the fact that you needed to travel? Or did you feel like the application would be easier? Or safer?
If you don't get your visa (refused) is it easier for a reconsideration if you have your passports with you?

My application is a little bit complicated (reapplying myself for the EEA2 for convenience and first time for my parents' EEA2)
I'm worried that we may not getting and then it gets more complicated if the HO have the passports with them

Please let me know.

Many thanks for your contributions

ishtiaq7
Newly Registered

Post by ishtiaq7 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:10 pm

Last edited by ishtiaq7 on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.