ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jpa
Newly Registered

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by jpa » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:45 am

UKBA...ARRG wrote:For those waiting for a COA, the HO has told me that it now now takes 15 working days to issue a COA from the date of Biometrics submission. So more delays!
Strange then, because since the 23rd of June the day I submitted the biometrics I received no COA on the post. Should I get in contact with them?

UKBA...ARRG
Newly Registered

Post by UKBA...ARRG » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:37 am

jpa wrote:
UKBA...ARRG wrote:For those waiting for a COA, the HO has told me that it now now takes 15 working days to issue a COA from the date of Biometrics submission. So more delays!
Strange then, because since the 23rd of June the day I submitted the biometrics I received no COA on the post. Should I get in contact with them?
Yes, would call them because that is a very long time.

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:08 pm

I called them just now and they told me that COA's are taking 8 WEEKS from the enrollment of biometrics because of the "workload". She asked when we submitted biometrics and I said 15th July so she said "expect it at the end of August".

Seriously.....

lyztge

Post by lyztge » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:19 pm

Dirk wrote:I called them just now and they told me that COA's are taking 8 WEEKS from the enrollment of biometrics because of the "workload". She asked when we submitted biometrics and I said 15th July so she said "expect it at the end of August".

Seriously.....
Hello Dirk, I think we should really not take what they say seriously.

I was literally influenced by the phone information, first someone told me EEA family permit is not acceptable proof for employer, so I sent my application for RC and renegotiated start date; then they told me it is acceptable proof and it takes too long to ask back my passport anyway; this morning I called, they told me 15 days and they were not clear 15 working days or 15 calendar days, I asked them to confirm and it is 15 working days.

So to sum up, they do not know more than what the website says and have no access to the database. They were really nice to talk to though and asked me if there is anything else they could do to help, I could not stop laughing and said I really do need the COA as soon as possible......

Imran1984
Newly Registered

Post by Imran1984 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:02 pm

Hello,

I have been following this board for while now. Just wanted to state my case.

Applied for a EEA2 as a spouse of an EU national. I am hold a Pakistani passport and applied for my EEA1 from Canada which was granted, I arrived in the UK on December 2014. We got married in Canada in September 2014. My wife is a Belgian citizen and has been working in the UK since October 2014, therefore exercising her Treaty Rights.

Here is our timeline so far:

sent application: 15/03/2015
received COA: 27/03/2015
money debited: 27/03/2015 (this might vary, can't recall properly)
RC: still pending

We sent the following documents to support our case:
- my wife's contract, payslips, bank statements, employers acknowledgement of payslip and contract
- our wedding photos (including our families and the big event) + extra photos during our time in Canada
- copy of our marriage certificate
- my original passport
- my wife's original passport (valid till June 2015) + copy of her Belgian Identity card
- copy of my contract with my 1st employer in the UK + 1st payslip
- copy of my contract with my 2nd employer in the UK
- copy of our tenancy agreement (both our names mentioned on it)
- copy of my national insurance number + copy of my wife's national insurance number

We sent the following documents on July 15:
- payslips of my current job as I was just about to start my new job when sending the application
- copy of my wife's Belgian emergency passport (valid till September 2015) because her passport which is with the Home Office had expired
- copy of my wife's new contract with new employer (changed jobs end June 2015)
- copy of her latest three payslips

Hope this information helps and I hope I will receive my RC soon. We are moving on 17th August. Can someone advice me how to change my address if my RC hasn't arrived by then?

Thank you,
Imran Zaman

Dirk

Post by Dirk » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:26 pm

We rang back twice after reading @lyztge's message, once my wife and once me and spoke to different people each time.

One told her it would take 21 calendar days from the biometrics date, this works out as 15 working days.

When I called back straight away and asked the same question they said to me 15 working days from biometrics, I asked why someone earlier had said it would take 6 to 8 weeks. He said that was the target from the initial application date not the biometrics date and apologised for the misunderstanding in the first case. English is my native language so I certainly did not misunderstand them, given the person on the phone the fist time did not know what EEA meant I guess she simply got it wrong. The last guy was very helpful and said it should arrive within 15 working days not simply be dispatched. He also suggested emailing the COA team which I have.

Once the COA is generated the Home Office Right to Work check for employers should work with your HO reference number, you don't need to wait for it to arrive.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:40 pm

Imran1984 wrote:Hello,

I have been following this board for while now. Just wanted to state my case.

Applied for a EEA2 as a spouse of an EU national. I am hold a Pakistani passport and applied for my EEA1 from Canada which was granted, I arrived in the UK on December 2014. We got married in Canada in September 2014. My wife is a Belgian citizen and has been working in the UK since October 2014, therefore exercising her Treaty Rights.

Here is our timeline so far:

sent application: 15/03/2015
received COA: 27/03/2015
money debited: 27/03/2015 (this might vary, can't recall properly)
RC: still pending

We sent the following documents to support our case:
- my wife's contract, payslips, bank statements, employers acknowledgement of payslip and contract
- our wedding photos (including our families and the big event) + extra photos during our time in Canada
- copy of our marriage certificate
- my original passport
- my wife's original passport (valid till June 2015) + copy of her Belgian Identity card
- copy of my contract with my 1st employer in the UK + 1st payslip
- copy of my contract with my 2nd employer in the UK
- copy of our tenancy agreement (both our names mentioned on it)
- copy of my national insurance number + copy of my wife's national insurance number

We sent the following documents on July 15:
- payslips of my current job as I was just about to start my new job when sending the application
- copy of my wife's Belgian emergency passport (valid till September 2015) because her passport which is with the Home Office had expired
- copy of my wife's new contract with new employer (changed jobs end June 2015)
- copy of her latest three payslips

Hope this information helps and I hope I will receive my RC soon. We are moving on 17th August. Can someone advice me how to change my address if my RC hasn't arrived by then?

Thank you,
Imran Zaman
Imran, welcome to the march 2015 team, we are all waiting for good news as well.

as far as the change of address goes:

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml
British Citizen after 5 years EEU Settled
Naturalisation process took two months:

lyztge

Post by lyztge » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:52 pm

Dirk wrote:We rang back twice after reading @lyztge's message, once my wife and once me and spoke to different people each time.

One told her it would take 21 calendar days from the biometrics date, this works out as 15 working days.

When I called back straight away and asked the same question they said to me 15 working days from biometrics, I asked why someone earlier had said it would take 6 to 8 weeks. He said that was the target from the initial application date not the biometrics date and apologised for the misunderstanding in the first case. English is my native language so I certainly did not misunderstand them, given the person on the phone the fist time did not know what EEA meant I guess she simply got it wrong. The last guy was very helpful and said it should arrive within 15 working days not simply be dispatched. He also suggested emailing the COA team which I have.

Once the COA is generated the Home Office Right to Work check for employers should work with your HO reference number, you don't need to wait for it to arrive.
Thanks Dirk, would you perhaps be able to send me the link to the email address of the COA team? The employer would need to see the original COA and make a copy themselves, so we do need to wait for it to arrive.

UKBA...ARRG
Newly Registered

Post by UKBA...ARRG » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:00 pm

lyztge wrote:
Dirk wrote:We rang back twice after reading @lyztge's message, once my wife and once me and spoke to different people each time.

Thanks Dirk, would you perhaps be able to send me the link to the email address of the COA team? The employer would need to see the original COA and make a copy themselves, so we do need to wait for it to arrive.
Thanks for the clarification lyztge, it is unbelievable how they can quote the wrong figures! And what makes things more unnerving is the fact that these are the same people who have the power to determine the futures of so many!

nachfee

Post by nachfee » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:15 pm

Waiting patiently for the March team because it gives me hope it will take 4-5 weeks more for me :D

The waiting is terrible......

White Beegmail.com
Newly Registered

Regarding: Permanent Residence Card

Post by White Beegmail.com » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:12 pm

I am really sorry, I am new in this forum and I could not managed to find how to create a new topic.

Hello to all,

I hope all you are well.

I am European citizen and my partner non European has applied for Permanent Residence after completing 5 years EEA family visa. At the moment we are waiting over six months and we did not had receive his PR card.

I was working for over 6 years and just at the moment (2 months ago) I stop working due to heavy pregnancy and I am considering to start to work as soon as possible after birth.

I have all the evidence that I was working all the time during the 5 years visa my partner had (expired date Jan 2010)

We have submitting application form in the end December 2014 and I just last 2 month stopped working (Heavy pregnancy)

My question is do I have to prove that I have been exercising treaty rights for the 5 years covers (His Visa validation) or until the application is decided. Also I hold British citizen since 2008.

Additional information my partner is working full time.

Please any advice/ guidance/ help. Any help much appreciated. Thank you to all for reading this topic.

Best regards,
P

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:22 am

This waiting is killing me , I need to go holidays but still waiting.

Why the hell they dont do fast track, I could have easily paid £500 for that :shock:

Mileman
Argentina

Re: Regarding: Permanent Residence Card

Post by Mileman » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:05 am

White Beegmail.com wrote:I am really sorry, I am new in this forum and I could not managed to find how to create a new topic.

Hello to all,

I hope all you are well.

I am European citizen and my partner non European has applied for Permanent Residence after completing 5 years EEA family visa. At the moment we are waiting over six months and we did not had receive his PR card.

I was working for over 6 years and just at the moment (2 months ago) I stop working due to heavy pregnancy and I am considering to start to work as soon as possible after birth.

I have all the evidence that I was working all the time during the 5 years visa my partner had (expired date Jan 2010)

We have submitting application form in the end December 2014 and I just last 2 month stopped working (Heavy pregnancy)

My question is do I have to prove that I have been exercising treaty rights for the 5 years covers (His Visa validation) or until the application is decided. Also I hold British citizen since 2008.

Additional information my partner is working full time.

Please any advice/ guidance/ help. Any help much appreciated. Thank you to all for reading this topic.

Best regards,
P

Hi! just to help, most of us here (I believe) are requesting the first residence card, which is the one apparently your husband is about to renew. Not sure if the requirements and the information needed are the same, considering also you have your british passport already.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:11 am

bilirserdar wrote:This waiting is killing me , I need to go holidays but still waiting.

Why the hell they dont do fast track, I could have easily paid £500 for that :shock:
Bili, you will have a rough couple of months my friend...last RC received was on 29.07 from someone with a COA 03.03...if you are anxious now, you will be walking on the walls by this time next week.

Anyway you can travel with the papers you have now? is your sponsor travelling with you?

Derpyalrrk
Newly Registered

Post by Derpyalrrk » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi All,

We received today a notice to attend an interview end of August. The letter states that following the interview the Application will be prioritised. Yaay day off from work for us both, we do like Liverpool :) I think we received an interview invitation because we had only been married a month when we made the Application. Together for a few years before we got married.

Is there anyone able to tell me exactly what 'prioritise' meant to them in terms of how many more months it can take thereafter?

Also, what are these kind of interviews like in general?

Application sent 30/03/2015
COA dated 2/04/2015 received 09/04/2015
Interview: 26/08/2015

fernandopeleias
Newly Registered

Post by fernandopeleias » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:31 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading this forum for quite a long time, and I thought it would be good to share my timeline and some details with you! We are also february applicants and still waiting for the RC. I am brazilian/portuguese (dual citizenship). My wife is brazilian. We came to UK last September, to do my PhD here. We got married in august/2014, but had been in a long relationship since 2008. We applied for the EEA1 in Brazil, and we included several pictures to support this evidence, private insurance health, etc etc. My wife is an architect and found a job in an architectural office whilst she was still covered by the EEA1. We finally applied for the RC on 21/02 and included also the same evidences from the EEA1, and also evidences about her job now (pay splips, contract, income tax, etc).

Here is our timeline:

Application sent: 21.02
Received in HO: 23.02
Payment deduction: 24.02
COA w/right to work: 03/03
RC: Pending

We havent heard anything from them after the COA letter. We tried to call a few times, but the answer is always the same: We cannot give any details before 6 months...

anyone else from late february still waiting?

rousseau
Newly Registered

Post by rousseau » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:53 pm

[/quote]

Rousseau, it seems you will be requesting the permanent residence since your first 5 years were already granted.

What I can tell you from applying for the first residence card is that they do ask for private insurance at least the first year, and there are parts of the application where all the benefits need to be disclosed in detail.

Again, not sure if these are the exact same requirements for someone who already had his first RC issued such as yourself.[/quote]

Hi,
The thing is that my wife was working before. She stopped last year to finish another master degree while on maternity leave.
She intends to go back to work around April next year when she'll finish her master degree.
So I don't know if we still have to take insurance and refuse the benefits.
I mean, when i'll apply for the permanent residence card in two years from now, both of us will be working.

Thanks very much for your help.

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:19 pm

rousseau wrote:
Rousseau, it seems you will be requesting the permanent residence since your first 5 years were already granted.

What I can tell you from applying for the first residence card is that they do ask for private insurance at least the first year, and there are parts of the application where all the benefits need to be disclosed in detail.

Again, not sure if these are the exact same requirements for someone who already had his first RC issued such as yourself.[/quote]

Hi,
The thing is that my wife was working before. She stopped last year to finish another master degree while on maternity leave.
She intends to go back to work around April next year when she'll finish her master degree.
So I don't know if we still have to take insurance and refuse the benefits.
I mean, when i'll apply for the permanent residence card in two years from now, both of us will be working.

Thanks very much for your help.[/quote]

As far as I know, medical insurance needs to be provided in case your sponsor or qualified person is exercising treaty rights as either student or self sufficient...not sure about job seeker, but the first two for sure.

emgc86
Newly Registered

Post by emgc86 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:45 pm

Hello, I have read some of the post on this thread and I have not found a clear answer for my doubt. I appreciate if someone can help me. I applied for a residence card as a EEA spouse in May. As almost everybody in this thread, I am still waiting for the residence card. I need to travel to my home country, so I know I can request my passport, but when I tried to do that this is what the page says:
if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK;
I am subject to immigration control. I was planning to request an EEA family permit back home, and then come back to the UK, but it seems that if I request my passport for leaving the country my application will be withdrawn or refused.

Does someone know how this work?.

Thanks everybody.

tabarik77
Newly Registered

Post by tabarik77 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:19 pm

hi,

i have applied for set(lr) my 10 years are 5 year student 2 years psw 3 years eea family member as our marriage lasted more then 3 years , and we got sperated

1 THEY ASKED FOR ADDITIONAL DOUCMENTS OF TREATY RIGHTS AND BILLS, OF WHICH WE SENT ALREADY AND WE MENTIOND THAT WE ARE NOT TOGETHER.

2 TODAY I RECEVED A LETTER FROM HOME OFFICE TO ATTEND INTERVIEW ON 21 AUGUST

WE ARE SEPRATED THEY CALLED ME FOR INTERVIEW PLZ SHARE UR KNOLEDGE AND EXPERIANCE

WHAT THE INERVIEW WILL BE ABOUT AND WHAT THEY WILL ASK ME .

toraqa
Syria

Post by toraqa » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:20 am

Hi guys
Has any visa national tried to go on a holiday with their eea fm using only their passport and the COA ?
I know that some people might say that they would not let you board the plane on the way back without a visa, what am talking about is landing on in France and getting into the UK on a train.
Any thoughts ?
Thanks

toraqa
Syria

Post by toraqa » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:52 am

Glory to Allah, just recieved my RC, i cant tell you how it feels after months and months of waitting. Dated 28/july.
Wish the best to all of you guys.

kristo

Post by kristo » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:54 am

toraqa wrote:Hi guys
Has any visa national tried to go on a holiday with their eea fm using only their passport and the COA ?
I know that some people might say that they would not let you board the plane on the way back without a visa, what am talking about is landing on in France and getting into the UK on a train.
Any thoughts ?
Thanks

Hi, I am non Eu citizen, i entered the Uk last month with my german EU family member resident card with acquiring EEA permit.
But i will advice, you get your resident card before any travel, becasue i read somewhere on Gov.Uk that the will reject/withdraw application, if applicant travels outside the Uk and ireland.

raf7

Post by raf7 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:42 pm

Congrats toraqa! Can you post your timeline again please mate

Mileman
Argentina

Post by Mileman » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:31 pm

raf7 wrote:Congrats toraqa! Can you post your timeline again please mate

Toraqa, congrats !! Coffee is on you!!

Raf, I think Toraqa was exactly as me from a timeline perspective, applied 3/24, COA 3/30.