ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nina Roche
China

Re: EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Post by Nina Roche » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:22 pm

Anna1912 wrote:
Hi Nina, not sure if you've seen my timeline in the previous posts
I'm also still waiting for my CoA

My timeline :
Applied- 27.07.2015
Payment deducted - 29.07.2015
Biometrics letter dated/received - 04.08.2015 / 07.08.2015
Biometrics enrolled - 08.08.2015
Thanks Anna! And oh... I'm behind you so... Please let us know when you get your COA. I think it could be by the end of this week. Then I can hope for the next one.
If you like, I would add you in Aug group to track our timeline?

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:29 pm

ALIADNAN770 wrote:HI ALL,

I APPLID MY EEA2 (FM) APPLICATION (ROR) AND THE DETIAL ARE AS FOLLOW:

APPLICATION POSTED 17 AUG 2015
RECIEVED BY HO 18 AUG 2015
MONEY DEDUCTED 20 AUG 2015

WAITING FOR ACKNOWLEDGMENT OR BIOMATRIC LETTER

WHAT SHOULD I DO?? SHALL I CONTACT HO OR WAIT ??

PLEASE ADVICE ME

THAX
You can wait for Biometric letter for the time being. It seems recently they issue biometric letter about a week after payment deduction + 2-4 days for post to delivered at your home.

catj
Newly Registered

Post by catj » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:38 pm

Nina Roche wrote:

PLEASE ADVICE ME

THAX
You can wait for Biometric letter for the time being. It seems recently they issue biometric letter about a week after payment deduction + 2-4 days for post to delivered at your home.
I agree with Nina. I think you should try to calm down and just wait. As long as you submitted all the documents and your details were correct, there is nothing much more we can do at this stage. Let's hope for the best!

kristo

Post by kristo » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:42 am

tati* wrote:Thanks Nina for cheering me up.
Let's hope I ll get it by the end of the week.

Do you think I can request my husband's passport after my biometric is enrolled? Or do I have to wait until I get my COA letter? I m just more worried about his coming work trip in October as he will need his passport urgently, to get it on time.

Thanks for your opinion.
Nina Roche wrote: And yes, you will certainly find your ID case number in your biometrics letter. Don't worry too much about it.
Hope you receive your biometrics letter soon!

Hi Tati, i suggest you wait for 10 working days after getting your COA before requesting passport back, just to be on a safer side,

kristo

Post by kristo » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:44 am

PLEASE ADVICE ME

THAX
Hi Aliadnan, problably you should receive your biometrics today or latest on monday morning.

kristo

Post by kristo » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:47 am

Anna1912 wrote:
Nina Roche wrote:Any one applied in August received their COA ? Would you like to share here your timeline?

Hi Nina, not sure if you've seen my timeline in the previous posts
I'm also still waiting for my CoA

My timeline :
Applied- 27.07.2015
Payment deducted - 29.07.2015
Biometrics letter dated/received - 04.08.2015 / 07.08.2015
Biometrics enrolled - 08.08.2015
Hi Anna, i suggest you contact HO on monday, because it states that you should receive COA within 15 working days or contact them.

kristo

Post by kristo » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:51 am

Nina Roche wrote:Any one applied in August received their COA ? Would you like to share here your timeline?

Waiting day and night for it to proceed my job application....
This EEA2 process just gets increasingly complicated. Before April, applicants can get their COA 1 or 2 weeks after submitting application. Now one month seems among the fastest ...

Oh... this system is really trying its best to place more and more obstacles/steps to just confirm our legal right to work or have a normal life here ...

Hi Nina, i so much hope you get your COA this week, and hopefully next week we will get ours by Gods grace.
You think is possible to get job with COA only, without passport?

smegan
Newly Registered

Post by smegan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:38 am

IsraMazuera10 wrote:Hi Guys! I want to know the April applicants to make the list. I think we are up next month hopefully! So, It would be nice to have the April folks on a list as well... THank you! the waiting is killing us! :shock:

Hi Guys!

I'm April too! Please add me! =)

COA: 17/04/15
R/C: Pending

Brizzel
Newly Registered

Post by Brizzel » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:52 am

Hi, Just been lurking here. I am also, awaiting my COA

21-07 Submitted Application
22-07 Application Received
23-07 Moneys taken for application fee
03-08 Biometrics letter and transferred
Awaiting COA

To answer someone else's question. Yes, you can work on a COA.. you can also work on a Family Permit if the employer is OK with it.

I can't believe they are taking so long on these COAs. My current employer is really needing this.

Wishing all of us a speedy COA!

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:04 am

Post april 6 applicants got their COA in april or may?
I think after april 6, it took 3-4 weeks to get coa

adnan12345

Post by adnan12345 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:17 am

Hello guys!i hope everyone is fine! To all the august guys who enroled their biometrics in aughust should calm down me and some of the other guys who enroled biometrics in july are still waiting for coa so calm down! These days it seems as if home office is taking their time to send coa i enrolled my biometrics on 27/7/2015 and i aint recieved my coa yet! So just wait! And take it easy on urself! And Good luck to all!

Declaud
Newly Registered

Post by Declaud » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:31 am

Hi everyone
Any news from March applicants ???

Imran1984
Newly Registered

Post by Imran1984 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:04 am

Declaud wrote:Hi everyone

Hi Declaud, so far no news. My COA is dated 27/03 and yours?

I hope my RC will come to my new address. I changed it on 17th August 2014...

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:09 am

kristo wrote: Hi Nina, i so much hope you get your COA this week, and hopefully next week we will get ours by Gods grace.
You think is possible to get job with COA only, without passport?
Thanks Kristo! Just...
it seems many people here enrolled their biometrics in late July or early August HAVEN'T yet got their COA...
I don't see good chance for us to get it shortly... However, staff in 0300 did say that we should get it shortly... But I now have no idea what "shortly" means... :)

And yes COA is enough for employer to hire you. And if it is your first time to get a job here, you often need it if you don't have RC already according to a call I had with HO staff in this August.

Declaud
Newly Registered

Post by Declaud » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:21 am

Imran1984 wrote:
Declaud wrote:Hi everyone

Hi Declaud, so far no news. My COA is dated 27/03 and yours?

I hope my RC will come to my new address. I changed it on 17th August 2014...
Hi Imran1984
No news yet my COA is dated 30/03/15 fingers cross maybe soon.
The waiting is killing.
Good luck to all of us

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:42 am

adnan12345 wrote:Hello guys!i hope everyone is fine! To all the august guys who enroled their biometrics in aughust should calm down me and some of the other guys who enroled biometrics in july are still waiting for coa so calm down! These days it seems as if home office is taking their time to send coa i enrolled my biometrics on 27/7/2015 and i aint recieved my coa yet! So just wait! And take it easy on urself! And Good luck to all!
Hi Adnan, have you called 0300 number ? What they say is if after 21 days you still don't not get coa, you could contact them.

Anna1912
Newly Registered

Post by Anna1912 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:10 pm

Hi Nina, sure, you can add me to the August thread. Knowing other people's timeline us really helpful.

Hi Kristo! I might call HO next Monday, because it will have been 15 working days and over 21 calendar days since my biometrics. And even though some July applicants are still waiting, I prefer to be pro-active :D

pardeep9020
Newly Registered

Post by pardeep9020 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Any update on MARCH applicants?

Chalkycheese
Newly Registered

Post by Chalkycheese » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:57 pm

The home office has lost our passports. I asked for them back on the 03/08 and after much pissing around by the home office I finally found out today that they thought they had sent them on the 05/08 but of course Royal mail has absolutely no record that they sent it through the tracking number they gave. The f****** D****. Seriously how can they be so incompetent.

And now they are just "going to call me back at some undetermined point in the future" to try to work it out.

Bellan
Newly Registered

Post by Bellan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:23 pm

IsraMazuera10 wrote:Hi Guys! I want to know the April applicants to make the list. I think we are up next month hopefully! So, It would be nice to have the April folks on a list as well... THank you! the waiting is killing us! :shock:
Ooohhh add me too please!
Applied: 11/4/2015
CoA: 12/5/2015

longest wait of my life!

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Bellan wrote:
Ooohhh add me too please!
Applied: 11/4/2015
CoA: 12/5/2015

longest wait of my life!
Hi Bellan
welcome to april club
As I can see 90% of april applicants get their COA at May.
I applied same day as you but my application returned due to wrong app fee, so I have applied again.
It is quite long but they will clear all march in september, I m afraid to say you that we ll see first april RC in the first week of october sadly.. :( :( :(

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:43 pm

Chalkycheese wrote:The home office has lost our passports. I asked for them back on the 03/08 and after much pissing around by the home office I finally found out today that they thought they had sent them on the 05/08 but of course Royal mail has absolutely no record that they sent it through the tracking number they gave. The f****** D****. Seriously how can they be so incompetent.

And now they are just "going to call me back at some undetermined point in the future" to try to work it out.
Chalky
Can you explain more about this?
How they did it?
Have u asked passports back or passports has been lost on the way back to you with RC?

vjtran
Newly Registered

Post by vjtran » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:54 pm

Hi everyone!

Long time reader, first time poster. Firstly, I want to say thanks to everyone as this has been a really helpful forum, especially since my lawyer seem to be ignoring my questions!

I wondered if we can add a summary to the list of timings?
i.e. date COA received - date RC received, Relationship (unmarried partner/married/extended family), and Nationalities

This would help give an idea of the circumstances as I suspect some circumstances would be easier/quicker to make a decision on than others.

So, here's my timeline and story as it might be helpful to some.

Submitted application (with request for return of passports) - 04/05
Payment taken - 14/05
COA and request for biometrics - 21/05
Submitted biometrics - 28/05
Passports returned - 11/06
RC ETA - late Oct / early Nov
EEA (EFM) Unmarried Partner (Spanish/Australian).
I applied with the new 108 page form.

My partner is Spanish and I am Australian. We met in Spain while I was on holiday and he moved to London 6 months later. We have lived together in London now for 2.5 years (2 years at date of application) and met 3 years ago. Our application included joint tenancy agreements, joint council tax invoices, joint bank account as well as other evidence of our living together and our relationship (personal statements, photos, greeting cards).

I was on a TIer 2 (General) sponsorship with my employer but desperate to leave my job as it was becoming unbearable to the point of affecting my personal life, health and sanity! Originally, my lawyer told me that EU law overrides UK law and that while the Home Office won't confirm my right to work, that I am legally allowed to work while awaiting the residence card. On this basis, I resigned from my job, accepted a new job offer only to discover that I cannot work. EU law definitely states that I can stay on the basis of my partner IF I can prove to the UK government that we are in a stable relationship - i.e. it is completely dependent on this application process. Unmarried partners of EU nationals are not automatically given a Right to Work with the COA.

I'm fortunate that my employer allowed me to extend my notice period. However, I am have now finished, unable to work anywhere else and waiting for the residence card for at least 2-2.5 months.

We are travelling to Spain in a couple of weeks to visit my partner's family. The Home Office confirmed that I can travel while awaiting my RC. The only caveat is that they may request additional information and I need to be able to respond within 15 days. We are only going for 10 days (7 working days) so don't see this as a problem). I will be bringing my COA, my partner's latest payslips and copies of our joint tenancy agreement just in case and to avoid any significant delays in re-entering the UK.

My passport actually expires in November, but the Home Office confirmed that I can renew my passport while my application is still in process. So I will be doing this before we go to Spain to ensure I'm ok regarding 6/3 months validity on my passport for travel.

Good luck everyone, stay calm and patient as while it's frustrating to wait without any updates, it is likely simply due to the volume of applications they need to go through.

Any other May applicants reading this?

bilirserdar

Post by bilirserdar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:02 pm

vjtran wrote:Hi everyone!

Long time reader, first time poster. Firstly, I want to say thanks to everyone as this has been a really helpful forum, especially since my lawyer seem to be ignoring my questions!

I wondered if we can add a summary to the list of timings?
i.e. date COA received - date RC received, Relationship (unmarried partner/married/extended family), and Nationalities

This would help give an idea of the circumstances as I suspect some circumstances would be easier/quicker to make a decision on than others.

So, here's my timeline and story as it might be helpful to some.

You got your COA quite fast, in a week time.
Why dont you try to find work with COA?

Submitted application (with request for return of passports) - 04/05
Payment taken - 14/05
COA and request for biometrics - 21/05
Submitted biometrics - 28/05
Passports returned - 11/06
RC ETA - late Oct / early Nov
EEA (EFM) Unmarried Partner (Spanish/Australian).
I applied with the new 108 page form.

My partner is Spanish and I am Australian. We met in Spain while I was on holiday and he moved to London 6 months later. We have lived together in London now for 2.5 years (2 years at date of application) and met 3 years ago. Our application included joint tenancy agreements, joint council tax invoices, joint bank account as well as other evidence of our living together and our relationship (personal statements, photos, greeting cards).

I was on a TIer 2 (General) sponsorship with my employer but desperate to leave my job as it was becoming unbearable to the point of affecting my personal life, health and sanity! Originally, my lawyer told me that EU law overrides UK law and that while the Home Office won't confirm my right to work, that I am legally allowed to work while awaiting the residence card. On this basis, I resigned from my job, accepted a new job offer only to discover that I cannot work. EU law definitely states that I can stay on the basis of my partner IF I can prove to the UK government that we are in a stable relationship - i.e. it is completely dependent on this application process. Unmarried partners of EU nationals are not automatically given a Right to Work with the COA.

I'm fortunate that my employer allowed me to extend my notice period. However, I am have now finished, unable to work anywhere else and waiting for the residence card for at least 2-2.5 months.

We are travelling to Spain in a couple of weeks to visit my partner's family. The Home Office confirmed that I can travel while awaiting my RC. The only caveat is that they may request additional information and I need to be able to respond within 15 days. We are only going for 10 days (7 working days) so don't see this as a problem). I will be bringing my COA, my partner's latest payslips and copies of our joint tenancy agreement just in case and to avoid any significant delays in re-entering the UK.

My passport actually expires in November, but the Home Office confirmed that I can renew my passport while my application is still in process. So I will be doing this before we go to Spain to ensure I'm ok regarding 6/3 months validity on my passport for travel.

Good luck everyone, stay calm and patient as while it's frustrating to wait without any updates, it is likely simply due to the volume of applications they need to go through.

Any other May applicants reading this?

Nina Roche
China

Post by Nina Roche » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Chalkycheese wrote:The home office has lost our passports. I asked for them back on the 03/08 and after much pissing around by the home office I finally found out today that they thought they had sent them on the 05/08 but of course Royal mail has absolutely no record that they sent it through the tracking number they gave. The f****** D****. Seriously how can they be so incompetent.

... Really sorry to hear that... this is really another level...