ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea2 proxy marriage success stories and timelines

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

edidiong12345
Newly Registered

Eea2 proxy marriage success stories and timelines

Post by edidiong12345 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:06 pm

Hi there
Please are there any successes of Eea2 application done via proxy marriage
I applied for the eea2 submitting 3 months payslip of my European husband and 1 year utility bills Edf Energy and Sky tv / broadband. And also the proxy marriage certificate.

I sent of the application on the 13th of October 2014
HO received it on the 14th of October 2014
money taken out of the account 30th October 2014
COA received and dated 16th November 2014
RC still pending

Very anxious to here any success stories and opinions from those who applied for Eea2 through the proxy marriage route
would also want to hear from witnesses and people who have a wide knowledge of how this works.

I also want to know success FULL timescales and also times for those who were asked to appeal or where refused recently withno rights to apeal

Obie
Ireland

Re: Eea2 proxy marriage success stories and timelines

Post by Obie » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:15 pm

Also see Kareem.

It will depend on the country of your wife and you, whether or not they accept this type of marriage.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Starquality
Newly Registered

Post by Starquality » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Did you file this application yourself or did a legal representative\solicitor file on your behalf? If it were the latter, I would be keen to know if you were informed about kareem as pointed out, by the second poster.

edidiong12345
Newly Registered

Post by edidiong12345 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:07 pm

hi there thank you for your quick responses i really do appreciate

@ Obie - I am Nigerian (applying for the EEA2) Married to an EU citizen (Hungarian) using the Proxy route (Customary Marriage letter stating the details of the proceedings and a registered document in court) Marriage dated May 2011. Made application in October 2014

@ Starquality- Yes i applied using a legal representative.

hope to hear from you two soonest thanks

edidiong12345
Newly Registered

Post by edidiong12345 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:14 pm

And yes i have also read through Kareem case

Starquality
Newly Registered

Post by Starquality » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:49 pm

Well did your legal rep, particularly advise you (or provide the evidence required) on the validity of your proxy marriage under Hungarian Law for your application?

If not :

23. "That, though, is not the end of the matter. Regulation 8 of the 2006 Regulations regulates those persons who can be considered to be 'extended family members' of EEA nationals. Pursuant to regulation 8(5):
"A person satisfies the conditions in this paragraph if the person is the partner of an EEA national and can prove to the decision maker that he is in a durable relationship with the EEA national."
24. "Durable relationship" is not defined in the Regulations, and whether a person is in a durable relationship is a matter to be determined on a case-by-case basis"
https://tribunalsdecisions.service.gov. ... 4-ukut-316

That might assist you but I am no expert, hopefully one of the experts here will chip in.

God Bless

Starquality
Newly Registered

Post by Starquality » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:16 pm

I see you've been married since 2011 and sent evidence going back one year, it would be best to collate evidence from previous years if you were to rely on regulation 8.